There will never be a band as good as the Beatles

>there will never be a band as good as the Beatles
>music peaked in the 60s
>four guys from the middle of nowhere just showed up, made the greatest music of all time, then broke up in a decade
>that level of talent and ingenuity will probably never reappear in our lifetime
>I was born too late to get to see them live, to experience their career as it unfolds, to turn on some album by what I think is just a random band and listen as my entire life is blown away and I experience magic through my speakers
>Tomorrow Never Knows will never be a new song for me I've never heard before. Sgt Pepper will always be fifty years old at least. Yellow Submarine will never show in theaters for the first time without me having seen it before.
>John is dead. George is dead. Paul and Ringo will die in my lifetime.
a-at least we get these cool special editions, right guys?

Attached: 0A23289B-2CAC-4CF1-94AD-6B4C54E91DA4.png (633x758, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p2xpctm9_YA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Music peaked in the 90s
>Liverpool
>middle of nowhere
Sure m8

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

You're romanticizing the fuck out of a glorified boy band.

probably but so did the world. the beatles were the great romance of the 20th century fight me

>m8
you have to go back

>The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way)
Who did then?

some 2010s garbage inflated by streaming numbers or whatever. just like movies.

That's an old Scaruffi rant so he can't be referring to streaming shit.

>inb4 fag

Be patient, user. The Beatles appeared 200 years after Bach and Beethoven, so we might expect an on-par-with musical genius after the rebuild ashes from ww3

Now we are in a processing era it seems

Michael Jackson and the Eagles

>that level of talent and ingenuity will probably never reappear in our lifetime
yeah man, 3 decent songwriters and a mediocre drummer putting together some cute pop-rock is some real hailey's comet shit. once in a lifetime, planets-aligned raw talent. and it could never ever happen again. why even live

so much great shit coming out, nowadays, and you are still stuck on the beatles? music has yet to peak, imo, and it definitely didn't peak in the 60's. since then we got bowie's best shit, prince, nirvana, radiohead, sonic youth, talking heads... even kanye west and kendrick lamar.

are you really comparing the beatles to bach and beethoven? don't you think that is kind of a stretch?

>four guys from the middle of nowhere

Attached: 34344765576.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

must a troll or be incredibly blazed

You are deceived by the awe and "power" of the instruments B./B. used, in comparison to our current decadent percussion based music.

But in terms of almost metaphysical sourced musical genius and importance, yes obviously they are comparable and I say that as one who isn't the biggest stan or "Abbey Road poster" room decorator

>Michael Jackson
He didn't sell as much as Beatles overall
(((They))) actively sabotaged him after he called them out, especially the Dangerous album.

>Rihanna is close to matching Beatles sales
How does this make you guys feel?

Attached: rihanna.png (979x182, 18K)

>da ebil jooz
>>/stormfront/

He obviously just had his business disagreements with miser music industry labels.

Attached: 6F4D5745-8E59-4D52-90C6-FEE259FBAC10.jpg (600x404, 43K)

He literally owned the Beatles Catalog.
Sony allied with the Jews(who MJ had called out the jews in his song "They don't care about us" which was first recorded in 1989) so they can get that catalog in their hands.

youtube.com/watch?v=p2xpctm9_YA

Oy vey, the anti-semitism seemigly is ever present and gets out of hand nowadays.

>Sony allied with the Jews
What? Aren't/weren't Sony executives or chefs Jews themselves already?

>Quoting that "Kike me" line as a pretense for your own (hate spreading) agenda and taking a public icon for marketing it

>there is something like calling out / exposing da ebil loominaughty
>being shizo
>pick 2

Hey, I'm not really informed about MJ's private life and this special case, but that second version and successor of the original song (with it's video shot in Brazil) came as a personal dealing with the frustration and "recompense" for the labels/media he was pissed off with at that time.

Attached: 9F9A4518-5244-4045-8D87-D87F9CFECC6F.jpg (884x960, 110K)

See He literally called them leeches.

He also detested the jew pedos in hollywood which is why he defended a lot kid from them.

Also, Mottola was a jew.

Attached: mottolajew.png (1157x86, 10K)

streams don't count

boomers like you can't die soon enough

get off the computer mom

Those are certified physical sales afaik. I think they might be counting digital downloads but I'm not sure. Don't think those are stream numbers.
Most of them come from singles though.

>there will never be a band as good as the Beatles
That's good because I can shit on everyone's favorite band, since my band is the GOAT.

Most overrated band in history

aint that radiohead?

>Yes officer, my heart only desires to keep these fishies safe and away from the tough waters; safe from their canned destiny or from ruthless predators. Somehow, now and then some find their way in a appetizing manner - breaded, fried and garnished with parsley - inside my pan but that's surely just the work of scheming fishmonger industry agents
>My mouth odor? Oh, haha, that's my toothpaste, which contains fish oil ;)

Attached: 107F66F0-FB03-495D-9C13-144DD7ED0DF2.jpg (280x210, 13K)

>Duke Ellington and John Coltrane
>not the most famous
What the everliving shit is coming out of that dude's mouth, one of the most well-respected album in jazz is also the album that sold best (Kind of Blue).

I'd hardly have them pinned as a glorified boy band. Look at the charts in 1962; those were the original boy bands. The Beatles wiped the slate clean. Two acts had success on the pop and rock charts before and after The Beatles - The Four Seasons and The Beach Boys. Everyone else vanished.

I’m 20