What do you think of this album...

What do you think of this album? I was surprised to see so many comments on RYM talking about how cringe they think this was.

I found it fascinating. Sure the let's say nihilist / misanthropist thoughts of the poem are, for the most part, nothing original or clever (it's pretty much the same stuff you've heard over and over through time, whether it's from cringe edgy teens or well respected writers / thinkers) but I think it's very well put in the record and it really takes you into it, you feel the atmosphere and you just flow with it, which already speaks alot of the merit of album I think.
And there are also great parts in the narrative IMO, like the little part of the doll's show for example.
Anyway, what do you think?

Attached: IHASPFTW.jpg (700x700, 79K)

People on RYM don’t like peaceful snow either

what is the album called

Attached: I have a special plan for this board.png (1414x1000, 435K)

> (OP)
Once more we are mangled by a great grinding HONK

its good as hell people on rym are just pussies

I don't understand the 'its bad because its nihilistic/misanthropic' angle.

You can enjoy some total despair without losing yourself entirely in it, everyone has been there at some point in their life (if they are a good person).

Anyone that hasn't read Ligotti needs to just shut the fuck up. This album is utterly amazing and terrifying. Yes I bought it when it came out. This is not for kids on drugs. Oh wait, yes it is. Very much so.

Sorry kiddo. This thread isn't for you. The name of the album is literally in a copy block on the left side of the image.

I hate this meme but this edit is so well done

Because it's fucking gay as shit.

No more HONKS like this. No more HONKS like that.

The children always followed him
When they saw him hopping by
A funny walk
A funny man
A funny, funny, funny man
He made them laugh sometimes
He made them laugh, oh yes he did
He did, he did, he did, he did
Oh how he made them roll
One day he took them to a place
He knew a special place
And told them things about this world
This funny, funny, funny world
Which made them laugh sometimes
He made them laugh, oh yes he did
Oh how he made them roll
Then the funny man who made them laugh
Sometimes he did
Revealed to them his special plan
His very special funny plan
Knowing they would understand
And maybe laugh sometimes
He made them laugh
Oh yes he did
Their eyes grew wide beneath their lids
And how he made them roll

why are we even still alive doing this old song and dance day in and day out?

Illiterate normie detected. Say hi to yourself, Yea Forums.

Shut up retard. It's called I Have a Special Plan for this World by Current 93

Nah, it's pretty unsettling. Removing Ligotti's writing from its original context makes it even more dreamlike and nightmarish. The speak and spell sample is both amusing and disturbing too.

i love you

people who rate music on scales are retards and should be totally ignored

fuck what rym thinks about this i absolutely LOVE it

It doesn't have to be super original for fuck sake, it's a gothic horror work by Ligotti. Why are you so insecure about your taste, user? What, are you worrying, people say it's stupid so you say it beforehand?

brilliant album, the poem itself alludes to a lot of interesting biblical allegory and paints a very interesting image of the apocalypse of faith in the west - mirror allegories are particularly huge

“Now”, says apostle Paul,
“we see through a mirror and dimly,
but at the time of glory, face to face.”

Corinthians 13:12

“All that can be is mindless mirrors
Laughing and screaming as they parade about
In an endless dream”

Thomas Ligotti, I Have a Special Plan for this World

other C93 collabs with Thomas Ligotti are also great - in a foreign town, in a foreign land is brilliant and the unholy city depicts a really fantastic satanic inversion of Jerusalem (as seen descending towards earth in the book of revelations -- pic semi related, shows a message from jerusalem in a dream narrative)

in short - the album depicts a satanic world as godless rather than a dull satirical inversion of christian values

Attached: jerusalem in dream.jpg (500x431, 95K)