Guys I have tinnitus, holy hell what do I do? I’m freaking out, I don’t want to live with this ringing all my life

Guys I have tinnitus, holy hell what do I do? I’m freaking out, I don’t want to live with this ringing all my life

Attached: image.jpg (1200x762, 226K)

Too bad m8
Get used to it
Ive had tinnitus so long ive forgotten what silence sounds like

give it a year. it's really not that bad. throw your earbuds out.

How long have you had it?

just don't listen to it lol

Ive noticed it creeping up for about a half year now, but I kept on listening to music for hours daily
I’ll do this, although I don’t expect it to go away. God dammit
I can only hope, it’s really annoying and kind of scary

I've had it all my life, it's not that bad, I always thought it was just the background radiation of the universe until I was 16 or so

It's there for your whole life
Sorry m8, it's suicide or learn to cope with it

How severe is it?

I’m sure it could be worse. It’s maddening, but I guess I have to live with it

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i can't tell if i've always had it subtle or if i'm just hypersensitive to things like the blood rushing around my ears

what volume did you listen to things on average? say if your phone has a warning about hearing damage, how much further past that for example?

you won't get tinnitus if you listen to good music OP

I have an iPhone SE and the volume varies depending on how quite or loud the album I’m listening to is, they’re all different since I torrent albums. But generally I like my music about 80% of the volume bar, I like my music to be nice and clear to my ears. So probably too loud
Impossible, I have lovely taste!

At some point we will have the technology to cure issues like tinnitus -- it wasn't long ago when getting a small cut could lead to death. We just gotta wait until the more industrious people from our generation work on fixing it.

Prayers

never will get tinnitus because i listen to my music on a low volume and i listen to mostly peaceful ambient/dark ambient music what does tinnitus sound like?

It sounds like a metallic sounding hiss
You know the high pitched noise some AC adapters make when you hold it up to your ear? It's that

like this
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i know this is probably a stupid question but have you tried going to a doctor? not trying to be ass

If it's tinnitus due to exposure to loud noise there's literally nothing doctors can do beyond advice on how to live with it

You get used to it. Find things that trigger your tinnitis, too. For me, getting punch-drunk-retarded makes mine REALLY noticeable. Otherwise it's easy to ignore. I've been playing in loud, shitty bar cover bands for about 10 years. I get really bad ringing after playing in the band, obviously, but it goes away after a day or two. Otherwise, I get it the day after getting blackout drunk. Cut down your alcohol intake.

OP here, now that you mention it, last time I got really wasted as I was going to bed the ringing got extremely bad. Interesting that certain things trigger it

Ive always listened to music on my iPhone in the red bar volume areas. For years. Nothing bad happened. Posts like yours make me worried OP, but it seems like the iPhone Volume always shows the same, no matter of the song is actually not as loud as another, still the volume bar will stay the same, know what I mean?

Wait until your hangovers trigger it. You think a headache, nausea, and extreme anxiety and general discomfort wanting to crawl out of your skin is bad? add EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to it.

I got tinnitus from neck/jaw issues as opposed to acoustic trauma/hearing loss. It could happen to anyone.

So basically you’re saying you always listen to music on a certain volume level, regardless of how loud a track or album is originally mixed? If so, you’re a madman my friend
I think that’s were our tinnitus similarities end, as I was going to sleep wasted, the ringing was absolutely insane but when I woke up it was reduced to the normal light ringing I always here. Funnily enough, that next morning my hangover was so bad I threw up like 10 times over the course of 4 or so hours, to the point were I was just throwing up yellow phlegm, the worst hangover I’ve ever had by far. Pure hell. To those reading this post, never get drunk when you haven’t eaten all day, because you will wake up with pseudo-food poisoning

>So basically you’re saying you always listen to music on a certain volume level, regardless of how loud a track or album is originally mixed? If so, you’re a madman my friend

No i just meant that the volume bars don't seem to give a shit about wether the song is actually loud or not. I adjust the volume so it's loud enough, but thats usually in the red bars. But that doesnt seem so loud to me.

>regardless of how loud a track or album is originally mixed?
You don't know how albums are mixed.

Chill dude, no need to flex in the tinnitus thread. I just meant some music is louder than other music when played at the same volume

I’d say you’re good as long as you don’t think you have tinnitus, and maybe listen to your music a little less loud than you normally would so you don’t risk it. The incessant buzzing is cancer and you definitely don’t want it

I'm a hearing aid professional in Germany. Tinnitus is a topic we cover in school when learning this profession. So here are my 2 cent about it:

There are over 400 known (and accepted) causes for tinnitus and so can be treated, some can not. First of all, 98% of all tinnitus is only in your head. Only 2% is actual sound generated in inner ear by an overreaction of your outer hair cells. These 2% will get better the worse your hearing gets, because its an actual sound that needs to be heared to be annoying.

Then there's that cause of tinnitus, where you destroyed a small region of your inner ear by loud sound or whatever reason and the nerves begin to switch from "permanently off" to "permanently on" for fucks reason and you here that tone all the time. You can wear a special hearing aid called a "noiser" to compensate for that. Not gonna lie, it's a shitty solution, but some people need it. It basically creates an overlaying sound to cover the tinnitus. So no, no silence there, but a less annoying sound.

And then there is what many many people have for a while. Tinnitus as a short time sensation caused by secondary factors. It can be for a few seconds, hours, sometimes weeks or months. But it goes away if you do the right things because it doesn't have its cause in the ear itself. High blood pressure may be a cause. Or, surprisingly often, problems with the neck/shoulders. Get a professional massage. Stress can cause it. Relax and get ... Vitamin B? Was it vitamin B for general nerve issues? I allways forget. Well basically shill and try to get your body and mind in a good condition. As stupid as it sounds.

Good luck user, I know its shit, but it's not hopeless!

Thanks for your input, it’s very appreciated! The last few times I’ve been to the doctor they’ve said my blood pressure is higher than normal and I’ve been pretty stressed the past year or so, I may go see a doctor soon.

Guys that stuff about loud music destroying your ears is onyl correct to a degree. Yes it's bad for your ears, but it helps to know how it works.

Your inner ear is a liquid filled room with a carpet like mass of hearing hair cells. These get randomly destroyed over time just by usage. Obviously loud sounds have a higher percentage. A terribly loud sound can destroy some at once. But most will just die off slowwwwly over decades.

Hearing loud music will hardly ever result in a hearing loss that you are able to recognize. But it will lead to you getting problems with hearing way earlier. Lets say your genes would have carried you until 65 years. Loud music may reduce that to 45 years. Punishment will happen with a delay.

And one thing about loudness: Your iPad doesnt know how youd the sound before your ear is. It only knows how much force it applies. But in 2 diffrent ears, the same force leads to diffrent ammounts of loudness. Because depending on the position of the earplug and the ammount of aor left between the plug and the ear drum, the mass that has to be set in motion to create the sound is way diffrent. the same force will create a louder sound in a smaller ear. pic related, mad paint skills

Attached: ear.png (539x434, 6K)