Thoughts on Peep?

Attached: IMG_20190322_003214_497.jpg (565x566, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nmrn14B1FuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i miss that lil nigga like you wouldn't believe

>oh no I am white trustfund kid born in America, like is sooooooo hard :(

Goth boiii

lil jeep ;)

>oh

hes dead you know?

boring

>doesn't realize the difficulty of having an easy life
you are an embarrassment

You sound like a dumb faggot with no serious problems so you make up your own

Because he took hard drugs from a plug he barely even knew lmao he’s a fucking dumbass

Attached: DyfpwYVWkAE1HGW.jpg large.jpg (750x656, 85K)

nah, i'm good, but a life without any meaning can hit some people really hard.

I listened to his music before he died and I didn’t like it, thought it was trash. And even after he died I still think he’s trash

The only legacy status he has is zoomers trying to find their Kurt Cobain

Hellboy was his only good project other than a few singles here and there. COWYS 1 was terrible and the second was even worse. He peaked whenever he worked with Lil Tracy, but now that he's dead even Tracy hasn't been able to release anything impressive.

you forgot your trip, family
they are pretty similar though

No they’re not Kurt actually was critically acclaimed and went platinum first week and had major singles before he died, as well as good music.

Lil peep is just a trustfund kid trying to act emo because he wanted to make rap music but has no street cred

Kill yourself

>went platinum first week
What are you even talking about they were a garage band that didn't get famous until they got signed

Not a big loss for music

imagine getting mad about the truth

his music is catchy and fun, some of the samples are nice and he has a surprising good voice once you get used to it

It's not actually interesting or well thought out music, but it does have a certain charm and listenablitiy that alot of other emo rap lacks

that said if you constantly talk about how great he is don't be surprised when you get bullied

Nevermind went platinum first week, thats what i meant. The point was that Kurt was more successful, more artistic, and had a far greater reach and influence than peep had alive or dead the comparison is shit

emo rap is such a fucking meme of a genre, I have no idea how he got so popular with 14 year olds given his complete lack of talent too.

listening to hell boy right now. flawless tape

Attached: 1524996392073.jpg (736x981, 72K)

Dead

i really fucking like lil peep, especially his Crybaby mixtape, California Girls EP and "Gym Class." I'm a big sucker for lo-fi, cloud rap, emo, and teen angst and the best of his material is all that rolled into one.

best post so far, enjoyable as a guilty pleasure basically

You're a fag

guilty pleasure just means you’re too insecure to admit you like something

>glorifies drugs
>peak monotone voice
>shit song writing
>shitty face tats
>manages to OD like a retard

Fucking retard.

in this case its more I admit it's incredibly flawed but I like it despite/because of those flaws. its shallow and basic stuff but it's satisfying because of that in an unfiltered amateur way

I liked his style, his songs were catchy, and I thought he had a lot of potential and that he was creative and edgy enough to be fun and relatable in a nihilistic 'live fast and die young' fashion. I probably would have liked his music more if I had been younger or if he had been a bit older or more mature at the time.

Better than x, and much better than Lil Xan

Any recs on emo rap that isn't lil xan?

nothing.nowhere - ruiner

he sampled phil elverum and gave no credit so i hate him
but the samples are really damn good

better than any other rapper in that "Wave"

just another bitch ass faggot.

yeah ok filtered

overdose deaths suck

Wicca Phase Springs Eternal
Airospace
surrenderdorothy
Bladee is pretty cool but definitely an acquired taste
honestly though Peep's back catalog has dozens of gems in it and probably the best place to go for this sound. tons of great non-album singles like Star Shopping, I Crash U Crash, Kiss, and 4 Gold Chains. All his collabs with Lil Tracy are great, and Tracy is great on them too even though his solo material is weak.

He probably had no idea he had to give him credit. Phil is a sweetheart, and probably didn't even care. I just remember him saying he felt too old for Lil Peep. Beach House did the same on their first album because they know nothing about it and gave no credits to the songwriters of a track they covered (Lovelier Girl)

I wasn't, nor I am a fan of Lil Peep, but his death affected me a lot. We were the same age, and in a way, it felt relatable; it's just like we lived on the opposite extremes, yet these were symmetrical. He lived so fast and died so young, and it almost seems he lived so he could die. It felt so tragic, but almost as destiny, as if things should be that way; as if things made sense. In this way, I envy him. Pain, pleasure and death, but no ennui.

He sampled HANL, did he come here?

Probably. He was quite edgy and an internet child. I don't think he browsed anywhere else

>Was a decent Human-being I guess.
But to digress, I personally never got into his music. But it has seemed hes helped people...

Attached: rock.gif (220x165, 461K)

i like him

This was one of the first times that I recognized if I was much younger I probably would have really liked his music but as it happened I just didn't get into him.

>We were the same age, and in a way, it felt relatable; it's just like we lived on the opposite extremes, yet these were symmetrical.
you are a giant pretentious faggot what the fuck is wrong with you he was literally a retard who took drugs from a stranger and died by accident and lived like a cunt, he shouldn't be idolized in any way his lifestyle and attitude is harmful and self destructive. Also the music's ass.

dont forget guys he was quoted in saying he was faking it all because his rap persona was just like a "wrestling star" to him. look it up haha

He was cute.

Just looked it up and looks like it was his brother that said that.

youtube.com/watch?v=nmrn14B1FuI

Attached: 1476456312598.jpg (640x480, 31K)

Kill yourself