Thoughts?

Attached: andrewhuang.jpg (900x900, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R-b0mEdEfFk
youtube.com/watch?v=8t2YvMQsU4o
youtube.com/watch?v=yuXq3gBQ0dI
youtube.com/watch?v=XYrQC-jWMFM
youtube.com/watch?v=fgTDJNL6PzA
youtube.com/watch?v=IYvEhgYy35I
youtube.com/watch?v=22MWrWPV_QM
youtube.com/watch?v=rYS8edMRgBg
youtube.com/watch?v=_ufxUwNtavg
youtube.com/watch?v=1FGtd3oH_PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XaJn3QqiIUc
youtube.com/watch?v=NKIa0eqQhu0
youtube.com/watch?v=kiiP23RQJBM
youtube.com/watch?v=-sRaAr3lfwI
youtube.com/watch?v=0ScYz9sNaQk
youtube.com/watch?v=yAxZtuNiAVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hKFIGJHXU-0
youtube.com/watch?v=4xMrgsT0kU4
youtube.com/watch?v=sTdVfEcJo2g
youtube.com/watch?v=Ik_9iPRKh3k
youtube.com/watch?v=C0FmZReUWXU
youtube.com/watch?v=DdW8ww9t9rk
youtube.com/watch?v=5ZnQ5NQ4kvc
youtube.com/watch?v=JMpL3XY2bzA
youtube.com/watch?v=q4CqYnvBAtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WeorQNpj-1w
youtube.com/watch?v=5vGtgyjx7lg
youtube.com/watch?v=dEbN24Oec1s
soundcloud.com/vince-vantronic/cream-remix-lookin-for-someone-to-rap-over-this-beat-send-pm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pretty cool for an e-celeb
wish he went more in depth instead of pandering to his retarded audience though

you ever hear of a clever music fan?

why do all these synth youtube faggots suck at making music tho?

He's not smart or educated enough to go more "in-depth".

owning a synth these days is a cry of desperation. Its like a writer buying a typewriter to be a "serious" writer. You can do everything just fine with software.

This goes for literally every "music youtuber" that's not Samuel Andreyev.

oh the places the mind of s poorfag will never go

yeah thats true. its astonishing really how bad his music sounds (the stuff he has on spotify) considering how he devotes his life to synths and his youtube channel.

no, Andreyev mostly "analyses" crap that isn't even music. Beato knows his shit. Alan Belkin's channel offers the best free online music course of any kind.

And so is owning an amp.

Beato is as superficial as it gets.

Jumping onto this, Adam Neely's stuff is interesting enough to watch, primarily from the perspective of a jazz outsider

for every guy on youtube posting bleeps and tutorial videos there are many musicians actually using synths for their intended purpose, which is creative expression, and a lot of them make great music. modular tends to be an exception because the barrier to entry is so high that only people with day jobs or semi-successful musicians can afford them.

Most of the songs of his videos look the same

wtf are you talking about? He has videos dedicated to how to use each mode of the harmonic minor scale. That's pretty in-depth compared to 12 Tone or Michael New (which for some reason remain the only two theory channels in the /prod/ pastebin even though the former isn't even really pedagogical).

do you remember that youtube guy who was the most popular synth reviewer and had dozens of synts throughout his reviewing career
he said that hoarding hardware is the worst thing that can happen to a musician
youtube.com/watch?v=R-b0mEdEfFk

yeah, thats the """incredible""" you made with the help of his 100 synths :)

"""incredible"""" music i meant to write. im really tired

>He has videos dedicated to how to use each mode of the harmonic minor scale. That's pretty in-depth
lol

seems like a nice guy. I'd say most of his beats are better than most other youtube musicians, but pretty meh outside of the context.

>people with day jobs
Right where it hurts. I'll retire one day. *shakes fist*

>Talented, passionate guy's life is literally saved by Manic Pixie Dreamgirl

I'm tired of being the fucking NPC!

Attached: 1553267767704.jpg (640x528, 45K)

I'll take that as the nervous laughter of someone looking for an argument.

Attached: 111837-full.png (187x140, 33K)

Do you actually think it's in any way different from learning the modes of any other scale? Are you one of those people that fail to understand how a scale works on a conceptual level and can only conceive of music in purely mechanistic terms?

No I don't but I think having videos dedicated to each mode of a scale and other modes that aren't the church modes is pretty in-depth.

He's pretty entertaining and his videos are pretty good, and he seems like a genuinely nice dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=yuXq3gBQ0dI

It's not. If you want in depth, we'd be talking about the construction of scales, their derivations, augmentations and function.

Is this wongene daniel kim

You're just making shit up that you heard. Scales aren't "augmented" chords and intervals are. What a fuckin' argumentative turkey.

Attached: 1552554281339.jpg (456x549, 108K)

It is painfully obvious you are out of your depth, scrap everything and start over with monochord kid.

Attached: 1511896310471.jpg (600x708, 49K)

>makes up his own jargon to bullshit his way out of a conversation he wants to win because he doesn't have anything else in his life

Attached: 1553366207331.gif (572x339, 2.05M)

You have a cursory knowledge of basic theory. The fact that you believe there is a qualitative difference in the application of two subsets of diatonic modes speaks volumes about your abilities.

Suggested remedial reading:
"On the Sensations of Tone" - H. Helmholtz
"Psychoacoustics: Facts and Models" - E. Zwicker & H. Fastl
"Tuning, Timbre, Spectrum, Scale" - W.A. Sethares

>muh modes
no one uses this word outside of academic circles, an no one should.

>The fact that you believe there is a qualitative difference in the application of two subsets of diatonic modes speaks volumes about your abilities.

pfffft, just make up more shit that I apparently did. What a fucker. I wish I could throw acid in your face, just to distance myself.

Attached: 1552695660717s.jpg (250x250, 5K)

>still believes in "functional" harmony

Maybe you're the one slummin' it.

Attached: 1553266542755.jpg (500x375, 34K)

>adam neely
based

bass'd

the fuck you talkin' about? He's the literal embodiment of reddit.

Attached: 1550183828630.jpg (480x712, 33K)

Can't stand his fucking face. His vids are mostly commercials for gear I can't afford.

Boring. Him and all music tutorial producers fucking suck at actually making cohesive and well thought out music that isn't completely soulless. Adam Neely is pure cancer.

Based. If you want to learn how to make good music you learn from an actual composer. Someone like Jjayberthume.

Attached: avatars-000151930580-pn05tl-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 63K)

t. thinks anything more accessible/traditionally enjoyable than merzbow is shit

how do I get into music theory as a beginner if not youtube?

Attached: image.jpg (572x473, 48K)

Adam Neely and Jacob Collier disagree

You know this pics of blowjobs where they photoshop out the dicks for laughs? Why does this guy have a mouth that perpetually looks like that?

Jacob has never really went in-depth with anything he does. Every time he talks about any of his allegedly groundbreaking concepts he always explains it half-assedly with some sort of "It feels emotionally gratifying" conjecture shit. The kid clearly has chops, but he can't articulate any of them in a practical manner. Adam is a pretty good educator though.

I hope he gets elected desu

>His vids are mostly commercials for gear I can't afford.
I wonder if the gear manufacturers pay him to do this shite

True. I wonder why that is? Are these people fucking NPCs or sth.? I don't get it. They should have the know-how to make good music, but appearently they have no soul.

here he is!

jexus rips everyone apart.

The chad digitalist

The virgin physicalist

im not so sure about that:

i dont like some literal who n-worder telling me about synth stuff, they should stick to hip hop trash, thats their actual area of expertise.

>I wonder if the gear manufacturers pay him to do this shite
lol naive user.

lol that one didnt come out so good.

Blacks started techno.

and yet they are forgotten ;)

This is true for a few exceptions:
Modular is pretty much only possible on hardware. Digital applications that emulate it will only scratch the surface and miss most of the most interesting modules.
There are also certain synths and effects that either aren't emulated well in the digital world or are impossible to properly digitize. Stuff like a good Juno is included here because the only decent emulation is locked behind a fucking subscribtion service, and also things like a proper plate or spring reverb, where the digital version will never be as good as the real thing.

That's the first thing I think about when I read about him here. OP1 beat memes lmao.

and?

they dont matter and i simply dont want some n speaking all interested in synths as if he was white.

theres not a single relevant black electronic music producer today

this is all I have to post in response to your dumb turkey-ass comment.

Attached: 1548779657270.png (399x424, 368K)

(you)

name them then

I'll post them after you expose yourself as an absolute pleb. name your top 5 electronic releases

songs, albums?

release: album, ep, single, flac, mp3, cassette, mixtape, 12", idc

uhm ok 5 songs:
youtube.com/watch?v=XYrQC-jWMFM
youtube.com/watch?v=fgTDJNL6PzA
youtube.com/watch?v=IYvEhgYy35I
youtube.com/watch?v=22MWrWPV_QM
youtube.com/watch?v=rYS8edMRgBg

5 albums:
youtube.com/watch?v=_ufxUwNtavg
youtube.com/watch?v=1FGtd3oH_PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XaJn3QqiIUc
youtube.com/watch?v=NKIa0eqQhu0
youtube.com/watch?v=kiiP23RQJBM

as expected you have zero authority on who is relevant and who isn't, if you're larping for replies congrats this one's on me

i think adam neely is genuinely incapable of feeling human emotion

and you are not gonna post the relevant black artists right? what a surprise, what a surprise :)

I'm normally not in the business of spoonfeeding plebs, but your taste is so embarrassing I thought I should do you a favor. here's some very well known shit for you

youtube.com/watch?v=0ScYz9sNaQk

good stuff, but i said RELEVANT tho ;). still good stuff thanks. :)

You seem like the type of person who buys fancy marijuana pipes, is comfy with a 30K tech job, and viciously criticizes anyone who leaves town to do anything ambitious

I don't make music for others.
I make music because it's fun for me.
It's more fun to fiddle with buttons and knobs than a mouse and a screen.

A plain will let you walk anywhere
But struggling in the foothills and mountains will make you stronger.

Attached: hills.jpg (400x255, 50K)

nice try moving those goalposts. why don't you try booking any of these artists, gimme a quote on how much they charge for a set and lemme know if you think they're relevant or not. you have zero authority on this

you're wrong on all fronts, I move cities once a year and I made more money than that as an intern when I was 19. weed is degenerate. I just have fun proving arrogant racist plebs wrong on anonymous knitting forums

>moving those goalposts
yeah except not really. i was stating from the beginning on that there are no relevant black electronic artists. ok maybe i was exaggerating a bit. because theres flying lotus after all right?
>muh racism
its merely an observation. also its fun to trigger onionsboys like you ;)
>why don't you try booking any of these artists
well theyre not that amazing that i would book their shows. actress is good but the rest is fucking trash t b h. first of all, only two of them surpass like 100k views. is that also because
>muh racism?
or is maybe, just maybe, because these songs arent that impressive after all? is it all racism that skrillex has views in the millions, as well as aphex twin, and BoC and the list literally goes on? thats whats relevant man.
now your songs:
apart from a few intersting spacey fm synth sounds, not that special, especially when you listen to other deconstructed club acts (ever heard of amnesia scanner? way more interesting for example)
shitty lofi scratching, what can i say? not much really.
well that song is ok, but the voice samples are a bit distorted, which doesnt sound wanted, but it might be.
is this a joke? GM Midi sounds but with le quirky xd """IDM""" programmin? sounds like trash
shitty lofi house beat. theres a million better lofi house songs.
this is by far the worst you posted. sounds like a shitty soundcloud artist with 100 followers. i literally know SC artists btw with less followers than this dude probably has that can produce proper music.
good. interesting, no ear rape. actually good congrats.

stop posting anytime. your opinion is completely irrelevant as someone who unironically listens to skrillex and thinks youtube views are any kind of metric

kys

>its bad because its popular!!111

Attached: Brainlet_cc06fd_6615771.png (1200x1042, 247K)

He always has interesting titles which would make for interesting music
The music always ends up sounding like every song in 2 hour YouTube music compilation videos.
>We're going to create music out of this cool sound. However, first we'll smack hundreds of effects on that sound that it sounds like an average FL Studio preset kick.

his music is utter trash honestly. i dont get how he can be THAT bad considering his channel and all. but oh well.

shut the fuck up faggot. it's pretty decent pop music and impressive when you see how he makes most of his songs. you post something better that you've made.

>you post something better that you've made
sure ;)
youtube.com/watch?v=DdW8ww9t9rk
youtube.com/watch?v=5ZnQ5NQ4kvc
youtube.com/watch?v=JMpL3XY2bzA
youtube.com/watch?v=q4CqYnvBAtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WeorQNpj-1w
youtube.com/watch?v=5vGtgyjx7lg
youtube.com/watch?v=dEbN24Oec1s
soundcloud.com/vince-vantronic/cream-remix-lookin-for-someone-to-rap-over-this-beat-send-pm

Attached: 1548877435964.png (2048x2048, 804K)

>implying hip hop isn't electronic music
>inb4 you clarify and say "electronic dance music"

>youtube.com/watch?v=DdW8ww9t9rk

genuinely just sounds like you put something through an 8bit converter

>soundcloud.com/vince-vantronic/cream-remix-lookin-for-someone-to-rap-over-this-beat-send-pm

decent beat but doesn't fit the song whatsoever

>youtube.com/watch?v=dEbN24Oec1s

>tfw you hear avril 14th for the first time and make an entire EP ripping it off

>genuinely just sounds like you put something through an 8bit converter
its made in massive.
>decent beat but doesn't fit the song whatsoever
have you read the title?
>tfw you hear avril 14th for the first time and make an entire EP ripping it off
wow great argument! simple and sad piano songs are all rip offs of aphex twin interesting way to look at the world. so did aphex twin rip off yann tiersen then? and did yann tiersen rip off ludovico einaudi? is that how your world works?
everyone ive showed this liked it so far, youre only bashing it because youre mad since i shat on andrew huang. he makes the most bland, generic fl studio stock sound pop imaginable.

now you can post sth. you made ;)

>has to insult a guy's perfectly decent music just to save face in an argument he doesn't actually even give a shit about

Attached: 1553445210182.jpg (600x563, 318K)

thanks bro ;)
also hey you did you even care to listen at my other songs or did you just decide to make your judgement based on that first like a g6 remix i posted which i made like 8 years ago?

He's fucking awful.

nah because to be honest is right. i don't give a shit about this argument and i'm just winding you up

I like his 15/8 rap
owo

>i don't give a shit about this argument and i'm just winding you up
well cool :) thanks for eating my bait shitting on huang (tho honestly, he sucks ass) and giving me that free shilling opportunity!

Attached: 6_tJ8mJ2.jpg (138x139, 10K)

no worries at all. actually is some pretty decent stuff though, even the like a g6 remix reminds me of early daft punk.

thank bro =)

Attached: J4qXoO6.jpg (300x300, 22K)

They have no soul because their understanding of music is too far rooted in their theory. This is the advantage the jammer has over the student. A jammer figures out how rhythm and notes sounds good to them and figures out unique ways to use them. The student uses conventional methods and notes to make things sound good, but does nothing new with them outside of just having the knowledge to know why. Knowledge is fine, but when you don't establish a barrier between a knowledge and feeling, then you end up with Jacob Collier. Someone who has all the knowledge and talent in the world to pursue their avenue, but lacks all the sentiment to actually produce music that binds his true soul to it. Just endless noodling and theory knobbing. On the flip side, you end up with 90% of people in local bands. Pick your poison.

andrew suck :)

I think there's a cozy place ready for you in Hell.

Sounds like that's entirely your problem that we don't need to hear about mate

Also you're a retard

>songs
>look

Attached: TiCj2DJ.jpg (539x960, 28K)

yeah, look, douchebag

Attached: 1553366709205.png (1920x1200, 378K)

too smiley/fake

you can see the suicidal thoughts behind his eyes, he never uses expresses those thoughts for music.

He make tutorials for rich kids who think if they buy enough gear and post to IG they'll get famous...

fuck you rich kid. you have no tallent.

go ask daddy for another shitty midi controller that does the exact same thing your other midi controller does, you dumb cuck.

debateable.
most amp sims in DAWS take up waaay to much processing.

best way to record guitar is to mic up an amp...

modular synths sound like garbage

nobody wants to here your shitty knock-off
kratwerk music

modular synths are just masturbation, you achieve nothing but self gratification.

lol
>reaper

oh god. have fun taking 20 min just to set up a basic chord progression.

even flying lotus moved on to ableton.

t. never touched a modular synth in life

I use Ableton. I just got the first screengrab from /prod/. You're not very intelligent, are you?