Musical Genius

I started playing piano a little over a year ago with no knowledge of piano or musical theory. I've composed around 10 pieces since then and they've been pretty advanced technique wise. I was playing in key without even knowing it. I figured out scales and whatnot through simply listening. I saw patterns on the key board and followed the patterns. I'd lay my hands on the keys and come up with shit out of nowhere. Now, almost a year later, I can't stop obsessing over my music. It's all I think about. I have music in my head.

Once I found out I had an affinity for piano and music I started to learn theory (scales, chords, notation, circle of 5ths, etc..). My compositions and improvisation are beginning to get exponentially better. Although my knowledge of music is pretty lacking other than fundamentals.

I play for people and they're literally amazed. I've had people tell me I have a gift from god or that I'm a prodigy or a genius. But when I bring it up to my family they don't think so. Sometimes I think they're in denial or they're not even smart enough to realize when they're confronted with genius. Or I'm a delusional idiot. Either way it's scaring me. I always knew I was smart, but didn't think I was that smart. Things have always just been easy for me, and apparently it's not for everyone even though I like to think so. Any input?

Attached: IMG_2360.jpg (713x960, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/
sendvid.com/
youtu.be/rTx-MDp6IU0
youtube.com/watch?v=jKEIe5vk5hE
youtube.com/watch?v=iQKAmCxyVnk
youtube.com/watch?v=7AqXrydTmHg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NO ONE CAAAAAAAAARES

Let's hear it.

Attached: 1544285228828.jpg (500x708, 36K)

Post your music or you can go fuck yourself

good for you
also chequed

Attached: tito dubman.jpg (240x240, 13K)

Do you have kik or something I can send it to you on?

How do I post my music on Yea Forums? I'm phone posting right now

Here you go:
instaud.io/

they're videos recorded on my phone. Not MP3. That site won't work. Any other sites that support video?

There is a guy who posts in the guitar threads pretty often... he uses this site:
sendvid.com/

I thought this was a furry spreading his legs

Attached: shieet.gif (288x288, 1.88M)

youtu.be/rTx-MDp6IU0

I just posted it on YouTube. Here's a tidbit from a piece I composed. It's in the technique/style of un sospiro by Liszt

It's pretty sloppy cause I haven't really mastered it yet, but it's still okay I guess

Sorry no, arpeggiated parallel chords do not a genius make.

Thank you for sharing. That's impressive for one year of playing but is right. Arpeggios like that are a gimmick and yours are fairly basic. Still better than a lot of that new agey piano that is out there though.
Work on being more subtle and don't rely on >look how fast I can play.
youtube.com/watch?v=jKEIe5vk5hE

well yeah, it's simple music, but it's fast and hard to do. show me someone that can play that when they're first starting out.

>hard to do
It's hard to do for you because, like you said, you're just starting out (1 year in). They're basically D major, d minor, Bb major arpeggios and they are not hard. Sorry.
My piano teacher used to tell me anyone can play fast. Learning to have precise control over dynamics, articulation and voicing is a lot more difficult.
youtube.com/watch?v=iQKAmCxyVnk

Thanks. It's not really music I'm proud of, but I'm proud being able to play it. It always impresses people. My other compositions are a lot more musical although they're not super complex yet. I'm just now incorporating inversions and 6 and 7 chords, but I'm getting there. The more I learn and push myself the better my music gets. But most of it is pretty shit desu.

D, G, A, C, D minor, and A minor. Are the keys used in the song. I hit all of those in the video.

Is that you playing the Scriabin?

Keep working at it and hold off on publishing stuff so you can come out with an amazing first opus like Szymanowski.
youtube.com/watch?v=7AqXrydTmHg
Just don't lose your mind like he did.
No, I don't have any recordings of myself but that was a piece I have played fairly recently. I don't like how they break that large chord in the right hand that starts the melody -- I just used my left hand to play the low note.
You have inspired me to try composing too. Maybe.

omg I thought I'm the only one seeing an owl with legs

those were chords. you were in C major

Thanks user. You should compose too. I encourage everyone to compose. I'm also working on a waltz in G# minor. Then a counter point imitative piece in A minor which is more baroquesque that I'm really excited about. Then a new piece in Bb major that's more beethovenesque. They're all really complex and the waltz has taken me months and months and it's still not finished. Remember my name though. I plan to be a great man one day. Mark my words

??? What're you talking about? The piece is in G. It goes G, D, A just like a root G. Pretty simple

Pretty sure it started in D major, my dude. He had A major in there which was clearly used as the V chord before going back to D major and then switching to d minor.
Sounds good. Brahms has a sick Waltz in G# minor, I think.

Tito GET

Not every piece needs to necessarily be conceived of as tonal kids, the complete lack of preparation for the multitudes of modulation should clue you into the rather obvious fact that no key is clearly established and each chord is devoid of function. If we are being generous, we could call this a sort of polytonal approach (though this still implies some semblance of function), it is likely just an indication of the amateur level of the composer.