Do you prefer Sargent Pepper's or Abbey Road?

Do you prefer Sargent Pepper's or Abbey Road?
For me it's such a hard decision, they're great in their own ways.
Pepper is more groundbreaking and has higher hight points, but it is perhaps a little cluttered in parts. Both have songs that segue nicely into each other. I think I would say that Pepper has a better side A but Abbey Road has a better side B (that medley is really nice except for when they rhyme "money" with "funny").
What are your thoughts?

Attached: abbey.jpg (1000x1000, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gq.com/story/the-untold-stories-of-paul-mccartney?mbid=social_twitter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

probably sgt pepper, as an altogether album. but I love that abbey road medley

the medley is so fucking overrated, sgt pepper wins by a mile

abbey road. Outside of A Day in Life, With a Little Help From My Friends, and Lucy in the Sky, pepper has the weakest songwriting of any of the later Beatles albums. Their most overrated album, by far.

I can see why people prefer one or the other. I would add that both albums have a long song that would serve as a pee break if it were a concert. Abbey Road has I Want You/She's So Heavy. Pepper has Within You, Without You.

Overall, I go with Pepper. The Abbey Road medley is very impressive on one hand, but on the other, many of the component songs leave me wanting more. In other words, I wished they'd have developed some of those short songs more. In that context, the medley is a celebration of laziness. Sgt. Pepper's songs are all fully-realized compositions.

Attached: beatles-8.jpg (1280x1024, 301K)

Abbey Road. White Album would be better than both if it were a single album.

honestly, white album is better than both. White Album, Revolver, MMT, and Rubber Soul all btfo Pepper and Abbey Road.

I prefer Sgt. Peppers, s/t, and Revolver all to Abbey Road. And MMT too I guess if you count that.

i love every second of abbey road. the medley is the best thing they ever made. sgt pepper has lots of good tracks but most of them are album cuts, i.e. only cool in the context of the album. every song on abbey road is brilliant on its own and in context of the record

White Album > Revolver > Abbey Road > Magical Mystery Tour > Sgt. Pepper > Rubber Soul

Nobody cares about early Beatles.

>Nobody cares about early Beatles
faggot
With The Beatles is top 3 Beatles album

She's Leaving Home and When I'm 64 are great songs tooo
I think every classic album has at least one song like that. It serves a purpose to prime your earbuds for a more catchy song

As for the Medley's laziness, one gripe I have is that they rhymed "funny" with "money"

White Album is just too long, and has too many folky/fake 50s rock songs
I really like With the Beatles

>When I'm 64
When I'm 64 is arguably one of the worst songs on the album. She's Leaving Home is decent, though.

John Lennon detected

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved. In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

You're a hipster faggot. The Eagles have sold extremely well and nobody says they're the greatest rock band. The Beatles were amazing musicians and that's why young people still talk about them today.

I hate that the Beaatles released Abbey Road before Let it Be

>being this retarded
ISHHGDDT

>Not knowing about Scaruffi

Attached: piero_5675.jpg (350x233, 18K)

which Beatle had the biggest dong? I've seen John's n00dz and it looks like he had a medium to slightly large dong, but sadly the other Beatles don't have n00dz

pepper leads us to kraftwerk, abbey road leads us to U2,... pepper wins.

In decreasing order
John - made a whole movie showing his dick
Paul - had the confidence to beat it with John
George - fucked Ringo's wife
Ringo - got cucked by George

I honestly can't decide. These were the two albums that blew my mind the most when I first got into The Beatles. Hearing the remix of Sgt. Pepper was like hearing it for the first time. In my opinion the two greatest albums ever made.

paul and john jacked their jimmies together?

gq.com/story/the-untold-stories-of-paul-mccartney?mbid=social_twitter

What it was," he explains after I have prompted him, "was over at John's house, and it was just a group of us. And instead of just getting roaring drunk and partying—I don't even know if we were staying over or anything—we were all just in these chairs, and the lights were out, and somebody started masturbating, so we all did."

There would be about five of them: McCartney, Lennon, and maybe three of Lennon's friends. As they each concentrated on their mission, anyone in the group was encouraged to shout out a name that would offer relevant inspiration.

"We were just, 'Brigitte Bardot!' 'Whoo!'" McCartney says, "and then everyone would thrash a bit more."

At least until one of them—the one you would perhaps expect—opted for disruption over stimulation.

"I think it was John sort of said, 'Winston Churchill!'" McCartney remembers, and acts out the aghast, stymied reactions

Attached: 20180912NYPostCover.jpg (642x715, 85K)

>Paul 2nd biggest dick
Look at his fucking face. Hes at best 5cm.
George is 20cm
Ringo is 19

>tfw no circle jerk with John and Paul

Agreed. I love Paul but he looks and sounds like he has a small D

Both are great but Abbey Road is my favorite album.

pleb

white album only has one 50s style rock song. what are you talking about?

I only listen to the 1964-1966 output.

Attached: 349AF6AB-08E6-4B15-85AD-02AEF6565485.png (888x894, 653K)

b-b-b-based

Why is Sgt. Pepper considered their best? Rubber Soul already nailed the cohesive formula aspect, Revolver is both more experimental and overtly psychedelic.

What's wrong with 1963?

To recap WHY Let It Be came out last although it was recorded next-to-last: When the project was over, the group was not happy with the results. Two versions of an album from those sessions (at that point known as "Get Back") were assembled by Glynn Johns. Neither blew the group away, so the project was shelved for the time being and, a few months having elapsed, they began work on Abbey Road. Those sessions were a bit more harmonious and productive. The group liked what they heard when it was all put together, and so Abbey Road was released.

I'm not sure who exactly then decided to revisit the Get Back material. My guess is it would've stayed on the shelf were it not for the fact that The Beatles filmed the sessions and wanted to slap together a movie showing how they made their music. Obviously, if there's a Beatles movie, there MUST be a soundtrack album of same. By this point George Martin wanted nothing to do with it. Phil Spector was brought it to "wade through the miles of tape" and make something presentable from it. And so you have the Let It Be album.

Personally, I think it's a great listen and has held up well over the decades. In fact, it may have aged better than anything else they've put out.

Not enough folk influence. That said, the first two albums are pretty underrated imo.

I prefer Sgt peppers. I think Abbey Road is a more sophisticated album, and there are some really great moments on it, and there’s this sadness to it that really gets me. But Sgt peppers is very consistent and just a very unique album.
I always felt that Sgt peppers was the peak of the party and abbey road was everyone going home

Revolver > Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band > Abbey Road > The White Album > Rubber Soul

Revolver isn’t more experimental. Sgt peppers expands on subtle elements in Revolver and makes them more apparent.

I beg to differ. Rubber Soul to Revolver is a much larger creative leap than Revolver to Pepper. It’s even more apparent if you take “A Day In The Life” out of the equation.

Isn't revolver sometimes considered Rubber Soul part 2?

Harrison and Lennon made statements to that effect, and I can see where they’re coming from when you single those two out from the rest of their catalogue, but I personally feel as though they’ve got two fairly distinct “vibes”

I used to be pretty sour on Abbey Road but I’ve grown to like it a lot more recently. Still, Sgt Pepper all the way, it’s always an incredibly interesting listening and only Fixing A Hole doesn’t work for me. Abbey Road’s generally conventional rock styling can make the lesser tracks rather dulll.

I really like the Naked version of Let It Be. Not too hot on the original, left off Don’t Let Me Down, one of their greatest achievements and the production by Spector is the shits. But it’s nearly packed to the brim in hits, kind of like their early albums with a later sound. Plus Billy Preston makes the album

It has at least two.

no way is Revolver more psychedelic/experimental than Pepper

Sgt. Pepper's probably.

I think all of their albums starting with Rubber Soul aged well.

I don't hate Let it Be but but I prefer both Pepper, White Album, and Abbey Road over it
Agreed. 1967 was the peak of the Beatles influence and productivity as a band, once Epstein died the breakup was right around the corner

Abbey Road isn't super conventional, though. It's like a halfway step between Let it Be and Pepper in terms of experimentation.

I wish the Beatles stuck around with Billy Preston as a member. I wonder what their sound would have been like if he were a full fledged band member.