Why do people think they are the future of rock music? It's insulting

Why do people think they are the future of rock music? It's insulting

Attached: 1550515400175.png (780x440, 499K)

rock isnt really dead but has rather become sort of underground and anybody from this and other future generations who will come to like rock is probably some hipster kid in his bedroom complaining about the music of today

Same shit has happened before, the difference is that everyone is on the internet now so GVF is blown way out or proportion

Attached: grammy.jpg (350x304, 66K)

Wolfmother was guilty of that as well but they're nowhere near as bad as GVF are.

Music is dead. We are now living in the time of post-music

Why can’t we get some more progressive rock. Nobody wants fucking bluesy Rolling Stones/zeppelin rock cuz it’s so boring. We must move forward

They're better musicians but they were still dadrock pandery bullshit. Wasn't one of their songs called The Joker and the Thief?

Sounds like a lot of people want it, actually. The market doesn't lie. (It's lowest-common-denominator shit, but it doesn't lie.)

>lowest common denominator
That's the point, Led Zeppelin is the lowest common denominator dadrock band. Priestess and The Sword got attention for being Black Sabbath fanboys but GFV is getting way more attention than those bands ever did. Get me a zoomer band that sounds like Cream or Yes or Budgie and I'll be the first to suck their underaged dicks

They're just a Led Zeppelin tribute band.

who else wanna tickle his belly button

>anybody from this and other future generations who will come to like rock is probably some hipster kid in his bedroom complaining about the music of today
bullshit

>The market doesn't lie
lel

wow soooo deep don't forget to cum on cover of your baudrillard book

King gizzard

>first time I hear about this faggots
>search them on youtube
>millions of views
>actually listen to them
>is just over-produced "rock" music with cliche riffs and drums
You may be blow away by this if you never heard a single classic rock song in your life.

theyre not really zoomers, theyre millenials

Led Zep was actually good though, it's the band's that ripped them off that were terrible and pandering.

who gives a shit about this made up zoomerboomer bullshit, they're young people, anyone in their 20s and 30s are.

If they had a different vocalist no one would be comparing them to Led Zeppelin.

>rock music has a future
that's almost as absurd as
>white people have a future

>who gives a shit about this made up zoomerboomer bullshit

Lots of people.

The market doesn't lie.

>Get me a zoomer band that sounds like Yes
If I could play an instrument I would start one but I unfortunately can't play anything. Maybe I should learn how.

it's you again
fuck off already

How do you think GVF will survive? They can't play the Led Zeppelin card forever. Even the same people who are sure they'll bring 70's rock back will get tired from them and return to their old Led Zeppelin records.

Probably not gonna happen, but can you imagine classic rock became trendy in the 2020's? We're having a lot of classic rock biopics and rock related films that have either proven to be succesful, or are generating a lot of hype; the Queen film, the Elton John, David Bowie, Yesterday... In a matter of time we could be having a Kurt Cobain one, and with that, a lot of rock music on the radio; not only the classics, but new bands like GVF

Attached: Fw553.jpg (900x1200, 150K)

theyre still better than any crap underground garbage ive ever seen posted here

>How do you think GVF will survive?
how does Wolfmother survive?

>In a matter of time we could be having a Kurt Cobain one
There's already Last Days and Kurt & Courtney.

BlaaAAAck SMOKE riiIIIIIIsIIIIng

They're heavily influenced by Led Zeppelin and that sort of bands, but they're not a Led Zeppelin clone like Greta Van Fleet. GVF's singer sounds the same, they play the same instruments and they even dress as Led Zeppelin

One is a docummentary and the other made 2.5 million off box office. I mean massive budget films like the Freddy Mercury one that came out this year

who givers a fuck about what's "trendy"? Money-grabbing jackasses? I think the new "trendy" in the next decade will be getting rid of money-grabbing jackasses and their shitty senile and impotent industry that profits off of "remakes", "trends" and "revivals".

Kurt had shitty music and an even shittier life, Queen had 5 times as many albums as Nirvana as well. Kurt biopics are always gonna be shitty and depressing because Kurt was shitty and depressing and contributed very little to pop music (and what he did contribute resulted in bands like Staind and fucking Nickelback). Ray and Walk The Line are objectively the best biopics because the subjects had massive libraries and good influential music. Bohemian Rhapsody sucked but it at least had plenty of material to pull from, Kurt will never have anything but a sad sack biopic

56%

they would just be your run-of-the-mill generic wannabe dad rock band

Why is it that it's fine for a million rappers to sound exactly the same (or indie rock/pop bands for that matter), but when a band imitates classic rock suddenly critics have an issue with derivativeness?

standards are lower for black people and fabricated pop stars