St. anger is not that bad

st. anger is not that bad
discuss

Attached: 81gSwTcgSbL._SL1425_.jpg (1425x1425, 312K)

Attached: 1_Hn-TveSaWoyUmReTk4ZYWA.png (1080x377, 42K)

fpbp

It's actually very good

Most of the tracks are garbage but I genuinely like the snare sound. Sounds raw as fuck. Shame about the rest of the album though.

PANG PANG PANG PANG PANG PANG PANG

MY LIFESTYLE
DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE

it is bad but not for the reason most people say it is
the production, 'muh solos' and cringey lyrics are bad but could have been overcome
the real reasons it's bad:
>copy pasted 8 minute songs
The riffs themselves are pretty good, the problem is that there aren't that many of them.
This problem is intensified because they recorded a segment, looped it in ProTools and thought to themselves 'let's go write some fucking lyrics!' and seemingly adjusted the song length to that, rather than the other way around
it's peak irony that Bob Rock, the guy who got them to stop jerking off on repeating the verse and chorus two more times after the bridge/solo section, was a part of the songwriting on this one
Metallica as a recording band is unsalvageable because this happened, they seem to have no more people in their camp that's a capable 'editor' of James' and Lars' ideas

Attached: hetfield kung fu.jpg (480x360, 26K)

it's actually really good. purify has a shit chorus and invisible kid couldve been so much better and is a bit cringe, but every other track is solid as fuck. dirty window, sweet amber, and shoot me again are fucking raw as fuck. people hate on the snare (and the mixing as a whole) but it really saves the album from being a generic schlop of shit

the meme drums are actually addicting in a way

(cont) James's vocals are also very passionate imo and his lyricism, while not the most deep thing ive ever heard, is still nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be, i mean the lines like "She holds the pen that spells the end, she traces me and draws me in" (on Sweet Amber) are fucking great, but no one seems to mention them. it's all hatred. i bet people wouldnt have hated st anger as much as they did if it wasnt for the whole napster issue.

this album is only enjoyable for people who listen to music outside of metal and normie shit. it's fucking raw and angry, makes you feel like a school shooter. the riffs have groove and bass, so it obviously took big inspiration from Sludge Metal and Stoner. the production and the whole sound completly fits to this album so I don't get the faggots who say that it could have been good if "the production was better"

but the song lengths, god damn... I'm determined to remix this album down to 40 minutes. the focus on the good parts gets lost.

pretty much this. my only real complaint about St. Anger is the tracks being overlong sometimes, especially the title track, invisible kid, and the last track.

no, its not. agreed.

love the snare too

the sound is cool but the songwriting is just too shit to forgive

The fucking snare drum

It's not the worst thing to happen to metal but if you don't have this and Lulu at the bottom of your Metallica list then you're all kinds of retarded.

Love the Some Kind of Monster riff and groove.

load and reload exist.

AJFA > KTA > Hardwired > RTL > St Anger > Master of Puppets > Lulu = Black > Reload > Load

Where's Death Magnetic on this?

Even if you're trolling I legitimately wish that you fucking kill yourself

havent listened yet
:)

RTL>KTA>AJFA>Master of Puppets>Black>>>>>>>>>>Everything else

FRAN TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TOC

SAINANGEROUNDMAHNEH
HE NEVER GETS RESPEH