youtube.com/watch?v=zOxo6V7HTSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

let me start off the thread with my art

instaud.io/3swe

clyp.it/1zhiippy

New WIP. This has a nice mellow vibe.

New to producing? Check the FAQ:
pastebin.com/B4nMDwmZ

Still got questions? Please be specific with what you're trying to do, the better you explain the better people will be able to help you.

Post works in progress to instaud.io/ or clyp (which requires registration). Anything with your artist name should be posted in the soundcloud or bandcamp threads.

previously on /prod/:

Feels like I'm being tortured, a terrible track, absolute abomination. Do you have ears or did you just put clips on a daw and hope

Does anyone know what kind ov effect SOPHIE used on the final track on his album last year to make the lyrics incomprehensible? I want to sound like an alien.

this is good and funky, but I would loop that synth part at 4 or 8 measures, instead of keep climbing up notes.

Should I add lyrics to this?
clyp.it/r22qz3cm

Where's a good place to download vocals?

clyp.it/kmdbdinx

any feedback?

Good sample
the drums are generic trap shit
the things you do to the sample are mmeh, but that might be my taste
1:07 2:40 what the fuck?
I'm not sure the drums style fits the sample, and the sample feels disconnected from the rest. Like not from the same room. I can't explain
The bass should've been less distorted imho

Hmmm

youtube.com/watch?v=JBn_y705nwQ

bitsnake.bandcamp.com/album/beat-tape-vol-1

Roast my mixtape, /prod/

Attached: tapecoversmoll.png (1000x1000, 1.38M)

Any man high that can listen to the mix on this for me?

clyp.it/ukzsppnn

Attached: 1542424677000.jpg (800x800, 465K)

Links to bandcamp/youtube aren't welcome here, sorry

FUCK that was an accident didn't do the automation right

hmmm who to trust

or

RIP /prod/

Attached: 713e9f4fe2d607a7bc74d705f024c02e.jpg (700x505, 47K)

Hey Demarcus are you here? It's packsy, the drum guy from last night

clyp.it/naxpebkk

Any feedback?(non fucked version)

not demarc but by the sound of it i missed something important. what happened last thread? op retardedly enough didn't include a link

that is some of the worst sidechain compression i've ever heard.

instaud.io/3sxW

not finished, still on ideas stage

Some guy was asking me for help with his drum patterns. I think it was Demarcus but I'm not entirely sure.

clyp.it/1gcd5ln5

Bob D cover, whaddaya think??

Tight

your song already exists faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=r5GCn1BKkxg

Are producers musicians at all? Methinks they're not at all, rather they're more akin to video gamers. They use their eyes and not their ears, their brains and not their hearts, they operate with cold precision and not the delicate touch of a musician. I find them repulsive.

Attached: looking for a heck to give.png (455x568, 501K)

the artifacts bother me, are you stretching it on ableton?
also it's too quiet, going to assume it's not mastered.
wrong choice of 808, go for something more beefy/sinoid

that said, excellent choice of sample, nice drum programming and i like the little glitches here and there, just work on your mix and mastering.

>Are producers musicians at all?
yes

best low cpu vsts?
any unique vsts you use?

>Methinks

hobbyist with the live gig coming up and dont know what to do user here. thanks for the help in the last thread.

I tried improvising something last night on the spot using minimal gear going into ableton:
clyp.it/tzid2ylv

I'm not doing any processing except for a track eq and a limiter on the master, trying to simulate what it would be like without a laptop at this gig and instead just use a mixer. Is this even passable for something live?

Attached: f572707d662faed81750f38f4884e225.jpg (605x454, 34K)

yes i use the yourmom.vst it really blows up my mix

I guess it's passable like it won't hurt anyones ears too much but some kind of melodic sequence would be nice to throw in at a point or two. Don't try to improvise too much once you're there though. Do your live jamming like you're doing now until you find something you like and then practice it and stick to that fairly close when it's performance time. I know it would be cool to be all creative and stuff but just play it safe your first time out.

what genre is this? industrial techno?

The old ones. Synth1, V-Station, Albino. They all sound good enough in the mix and they use ridiculously little cpu by modern standards.

Playing some guitar or piano and sucking at producing doesn't make your opinion valid.

Sounds really good

Where is the software general? I want to talk about synthesis (like SuperCollider and Csound style), DAWs and trackers. They also all need to be floss because I have autism.

Is there a DAW more aesthetic than this?

Attached: Eyssina120.png (1920x1200, 378K)

>They also all need to be floss because I have autism.
>>>

Attached: Freedom Dance.webm (480x360, 1.63M)

THIS. I am desperate to have practical info about SuperCollider and Csound.

Its not much different than a composer that writes stuff on paper for an orchestra to play. Except the orchestra is composed of robots, and the paper is the piano roll.

Can you link to it? I'm a SOPHIElet but I may know the effect.

make one I guess? I'm more interested in discovering new stuff rather than listening to shitty trap beats

Who would be down if we made a SuperCollider general and decided to start building synths and sequencers and shit and sharing them in the thread? How do you paste code? do we have to go to /g/?

The composer typically uses a piano and his imagination to come up with the music for the orchestra compared to the producer who makes music based on visual patterns on his piano roll.

whats a threadand?

post what is some of the best

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_el0uhk-ys

instaud.io/3szF

Ableton Live obviously

Not bad, but kick fades sometimes

Very good, I think you should make chords louder a bit or lower the percussion level

Begone

I liked it

>Ableton Live obviously
I hate that flat stuff. Ableton is the ugliest of all DAWs to me.

Attached: Screenshot (193).png (3840x2160, 327K)

>cherrypicking an outdated version

Lmao what is that?
Isn't pic related supposed to be the first version?

Attached: ableton-live-1.gif (950x724, 76K)

>>cherrypicking an outdated version
That's actually a skin for Reaper :D
That one looks good thanks to the old mac borders

imo the only thing that matters is the end product.
"I was really enjoying the song until I learned that the drums had been programmed with midi- then I immediately started having a bad time".

No one is saying it's not enjoyable. Just that the guy who made it is not an artist.

stop replying to the troll

stash.reaper.fm/theme/1930/ReAbleton.ReaperThemeZip
holy shit i have to try this with the massive skin for serum

Attached: massive v2.png (600x484, 247K)

what a pervert

Is this the /prod/ equivalent to ricing?

Attached: img_3922819089253-5567dba7125de.jpg (1200x630, 105K)

Isn't it great?

Attached: simple-clean.jpg (1280x976, 1.07M)

Everything out of this sounds so fucking nice,
Beautiful to jam with, lovely thick, coloured organic timber
Easy to thin out for low-fi mellow snares with lovely warm analogue layering, sits under the mix nicely
Huge feature set, still exploring, big kek bonus for the fact that the majority disbanded the tempest when it first came out for early bugs in firmware/workflow limitations, doesn't help that the majority use-case/performances on YouTube covered shitty underground techno jams with bald chain-smoking jazz bros, bit of a shame really, fucking fantastic hardware, smacking that Honne aesthetic nicely

Attached: Temp.jpg (2000x1333, 1.39M)

Stop posting this shit or I'm reporting you for violating rule 5.

They're great, aren't they? I hate how a lot of the new motherboards won't work with Windows 7; I don't know what I'm going to do in the future. Hopefully the Linux version of Reaper will have its kinks worked out by then.

W7 will stop receiving security updated by next year, so you'll have to switch pretty soon if you don't want to risk being infected through unpatched vulnerabilities.

Iโ€™ve always wanted to dig deep into that thing, but the lack of a good step sequencer interface has always scared me off

Yeah usually sequence externally with Ableton if I go in the territory of polyrhythms/anything too crazy, feel like the interface is intuitive enough where I can just sit down and work on something instantly and have fun with it without losing interest

composers use daws nowadays

bump

this is the worst one yet OP

FINE HERE

Attached: 09582304987.png (480x480, 200K)

open.spotify.com/track/3JcAmI9Qtl7NCBTfo9exSJ?si=80dTMTMwTlekIX7tupwc5w

>Spotify
Not the guy who asked but a sophie guy here

I've gotten some similiar sounds (also to those on ponybody) just with abletons vocoder and weird modulators (making those is a pretty broad topic and isn't just one effect that you can really point to). I haven't personally used it but i'd assume she uses izotope's vocal synth as well or in conjunction with a vocoder.

>she

Attached: she.jpg (447x153, 14K)

WHY THREAD SO DEAD? :(

most of /prod/ are chads and out doing chad things

Attached: 1508404057658.png (500x500, 107K)

Music is so last year.

instaud.io/3sEV

piano ass chords nice drums cool sounds
the last 15 seconds are good

Digital performer has come a long way

Attached: 95E58F68-1E61-4605-987C-D1543BF8353B.jpg (1816x1131, 221K)

clyp.it/iphdnvk5

I tried making an EDM song.

Yes! Thank you! I meant songs like Gangsta Lean, Grindin, Ma I Don't Love Her, and Cot Damn.

only if you scream them

I'm too lazy to learn how to use a synthesiser so I just use presets instead.

I'm too lazy to do even that so I just play piano.

Anything "dance" should be like 125-130+bpm.
Also you need to syncopate something.

how poorly in tune do we sound?
youtu.be/uxxzvXRflsg

Attached: 1461022369936.jpg (672x527, 36K)

what does synccopate mean again
and I don't listen to EDM I didn't know not to go over 130

it doesn't sound good to me

all the time?

>not to go over 130
Ok if you're halftiming then EDM should be like 240-260.

clyp.it/e0todjl1

still technically /prod/ since i recorded and mixed this but it's a far cry from me usually doing house lmao. very first draft though

"Mr. Funk - Does Metal" would be a sweet album.

my guy

nigga what

You need to feel roughly two beats (or slightly more) per second is what he's saying.

I thought he was doing that thing trap beatmakers do where they set their bpm to 176 or some shit but only do snares on the 3 giving the impression of a slower pace than snares on 2 and 4.

Lol trap fag detected

Just accent the 3s newb

I have this clip of a piano that I recorded without a click (I know) and I'm trying to set drums to it. The player's tempo seems pretty consistent but it seems like at some point the kick feels like it doesn't fall on the 1 and 3 anymore, but instead on the 2 and 4.

Am I doing the wrong type of drums for this rhythm? Is it in some odd timing? Is the piano player missing a beat or a measure or something? Or is it all in my head

I attempted to tap out a basic shuffle kick and snare to it
instaud.io/3sH3

hopefully at 9 sec and 33 seconds what I mean

Here's the same clip without drums if anyone has a better idea of how the drums should go
instaud.io/3sHa

rhythm brainlet here, sorry

Attached: 52331996_576000506233965_5633282837572762438_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagram.com.jpg (480x480, 34K)

the piano is off
>shuffle kick and snare
that is not a shuffle at all, it's just straight 1234.
i can *kind of* play a shuffle to this in my head trying to ignore your drumming and they're definitely all over the place

>Here's the same clip without drums
>Started my response before reading
for a minute i thought i was wrong but downloaded to check and nah. i'm guessing the player was trying to do some really swung shit. why did you pick this sample???

Also not that you asked but a valuable skill you need to pick up is learning when an idea is shit and not worth pursuing. Whatever you're trying to do, it's shit. Even if this was in time, it sound forced as fuck. I hope you don't take that personally

its not me playing, thanks for the feedback i was afraid i was hearing things

im bringing the pianoist back in so hopefully we can rework the tune a bit

And as far as why I picked that part, the whole song is mostly on beat, it's just that 30 second section that fell off a bit so I posted it cuz I couldn't figure out why and it's been driving me nuts for a few days

>producer who makes music based on visual patterns on his piano roll
who said you this? lmao

You timing is way off, but the piano part is in 12/8.

Mimic this drum beat in your daw and re-record the piano to the beat.
youtu.be/tHYFNKUQ2aA

youtu.be/tHYFNKUQ2aA

Please god give any kind of feedback

clyp.it/bxp20mlb

thanks! appreciate it user

Its a nice little idea, planning on lengthening it out a bit?

I really want to but the madeon acapella I'm using is really fucky with it's timing and general structure. I'm really not sure what to do at this point.

well it has potential at the very least

Some feedback:
The kick is too fast. If you have a higher tempo, either slow it down or don't play it too often (maybe have it in halftime or play a rhythm where it doesn't play as frequently, like they do in DnB). Don't have a "four to the floor" kick at high tempos because it's hammering and annoying.
Also the bass completely drowns it. Did you remember to sidechain it?
The melody and chord progression is too repetitive. Having a short phrase repeating throughout the whole song may be ok in trap, but in EDM it won't cut it. You need to learn to compose longer parts and create variations within them.
The repeating phrase isn't very good because it lacks any sort of direction. It's just a sequence of notes and chords. You'll have to learn the basics of composition to improve on this front. This link is 100% relevant to you: Also I don't like the choice of some of the sounds but that's subjective, so whatever.

Overall, not bad for a first try.
Once in a while the first songs of popular artists pop out and they're often worse than this.
Listen to trap-influenced EDM like Flume and Jack-U for inspiration.
Perhaps even listen to EDM-trap like Baauer, RL Grime, Flosstradamus, TNGHT (Lunice and Hudson Mohawke) and whoever you discover from there.
Listen to their older stuff. Their new work might not fit this genre.
Also, sorry for the surface-level recs but I don't really listen to this kind of music. They should be very good for inspiration anyway.

Also, watch these videos from start to finish:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbg71h_P2VCU8D_aDM45yuzFkV6hq4b6O
And after each video play around in your DAW with what you've learned.
It's gonna teach you some basics of composition using FL Studio, and if you ignore the effeminate way the guy talks, he's a very skilled producer and is IIRC a music major.
Some will feel VERY basic and you'll be tempted to skip them, but please stick to them to the end anyway.

Have you started reading the book?

this guy's right varien's an insane musician

I don't know how to sidechain. You can do it to in Fruity Limiter apparently but you need to route it to something or something. Too much to figure out. I downloaded a sidechain VST from RDG but it's shit, I don't think it works.
>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbg71h_P2VCU8D_aDM45yuzFkV6hq4b6O
Alright. Cool. These videos don't seem to be that long, I might be able to seriously get through them.
>Listen to trap-influenced EDM like Flume and Jack-U for inspiration.
>Perhaps even listen to EDM-trap like Baauer, RL Grime, Flosstradamus, TNGHT (Lunice and Hudson Mohawke) and whoever you discover from there.
I don't think I'm interested into looking further into EDM, at least not now. I was just attempting some shit. Honestly I don't fucking know what I want to do. I still feel like a lot of trap is boring as fuck and samey but I don't really hate trap anymore and I realized that even my favorite rappers/producers (Tyler, Kanye, ) at the time they started were doing their own variation of modern/popular sounds. For the most part they weren't trying to make throwback shit and I don't really like that 90s hip-hop bullshit either. It's important to not sound dated. At the same time though I'm wary of embracing modernity because I feel like trap is dying and I don't want to seem like a trendchaser.
>Have you started reading the book?
No. I was gonna start on Monday but now just thinking about it I realize it'll probably take me hours to get through a single page or two. They should make a graphic novel version.

schizo grips

the drums and the clap at the beginning add nothing at best.
the sample is cool but not cool enough to just drag out for 3 minutes chopping and changing.

>I don't know how to sidechain. [...]
It's extremely important in basically all genres that use a kick and a bass. It's too important to ignore.
There are many ways to do it in FL Studio. When I used FL I used the Peak Controller, but you can watch a few tutorials and choose the method you like the best.
I've even seen people usign the Gross Beat for steady rhythms.
You NEED to learn it. It makes a huge difference and you'll be glad you did.

>Alright. Cool. These videos don't seem to be that long, I might be able to seriously get through them.
Great.

>I don't think I'm interested into looking further into EDM, at least not now. I was just attempting some shit.
What I suggested sounds a lot like Trap. It's basically EDM-ish trap.
Please give those artists a chance.
Search their name on YT, set the results to the highest viewed first, and click on the few that appear (some like Flume and Jack-U make many different styles, so make sure you check a few of them).
As cool as it sounds, Trap is just not good music from a musical standpoint. If you listen to it you won't have that mental library that will help you become a good producer.
Listening to EDM and Electronica genres in particular (and making them or being inspired by them) will give you a huge boost in production skills that you'll never have in a million years of listening and making trap exclusively.
Even if you listen to other genres like pop and whatnot, those won't help you nearly as much as electronic music will.

>I still feel like a lot of trap is boring as fuck and samey but I don't really hate trap anymore and I realized that even my favorite rappers/producers (Tyler, Kanye, ) at the time they started were doing their own variation of modern/popular sounds [...]
Forget about that. You need to focus on your skills now.
Make boring safe music, copy everyone, and aim at LEARNING ONLY.
THEN you can start thinking about your artistic direction, but for now it's too soon and it's detrimental.

>176

>It's extremely important in basically all genres that use a kick and a bass. It's too important to ignore.
>You NEED to learn it. It makes a huge difference and you'll be glad you did.
Sigh.
>What I suggested sounds a lot like Trap. It's basically EDM-ish trap.
Yeah but I'm not really interested in Trap either.
>Even if you listen to other genres like pop and whatnot, those won't help you nearly as much as electronic music will.
Sigh.
>THEN you can start thinking about your artistic direction, but for now it's too soon and it's detrimental.
No.

>Sigh.
>Sigh.
The choice is yours.
Either you man up and put some effort or you find another path because you'll never amount to anything without effort.

>Yeah but I'm not really interested in Trap either.
What are you interested in?

>No.
What?

Have you watched Naruto?

>No.
All the top artists spent their formative years copying the greats and absorbing their work.
ALL of them. Even if the first work they put out is unique, the stuff they did in private to get to that level wasn't unique from the start.
They studied what came before them and added to that by creating their own style that they implemented by applying the skills they learned by studying the greats.
If you go to school they're gonna drill previous work into your head through exercise just so you pass the bare minimum line of not sucking.
No offense but right now you suck. Sorry but there's no way around that.
You need to learn to not suck first, and then you can focus on using your skills to do whatever you like, but if you focus on doing what you think is cool or sets you apart you won't improve as well as you would by doing things that make you improve.
If you focus on artistic direction before you focus on skills you most likely won't make anything cool because your idea of cool is that of someone who's not a skilled producer/artist, and even if in the extremely rare event of you doing something cool and unique, the quality of its execution will be so poor that it's gonna be totally wasted and people more skilled than you will copy it in a way that actually sounds good and become successful with your ideas while you wonder why you're not successful.

FOCUS ON SKILLS FIRST. It's very important.
It's why I gave you that book (btw, do you have the third or fourth edition?) and am giving you all these directions that have nothing to do with your goal. It's because those things will actually make you a competent producer, while trying to find something unique won't.

You're WAAAY too impatient, and you make the mistake of seeing yourself as a musician/producer when in reality you're a student. You're still learning, so focus on learning effectively instead of halfassing things to chase some quick success and failing because you lack the foundations.

best fm synth vsts??

i know abt serum and massive but what else...??

Attached: 6A1B15DA-1627-45BD-B5FF-40F14CBB3362.jpg (658x523, 58K)

Those aren't FM synths (Serum has some FM capabilities but it's too little to be called an FM synth).
The best are FM8 and Sytrus (included in FL Studio but also downloadable as a VST).
If you want a classic emulation of the famous DX7 synth, Dexed is a good free one.
If you have Ableton, Operator is also pretty good (but not as good as FM8 or Sytrus).

what i meant was i need vsts like serum/massive with weird presets / synths in them

Is there something specific you're looking for or you're just looking for something new?

>The choice is yours.
>Either you man up and put some effort or you find another path because you'll never amount to anything without effort.
I'm gonna do it, it's just annoying.
>What are you interested in?
Wish I knew.
>What?
I want to start making music and releasing it as soon as possible. Everybody in these threads are homos. I jerked off to a man for the first time yesterday, but I refuse to succumb to the level of you homos, becoming so entrenched in homoness that you can't tell the cock from the balls. I'm coming for the asshole now. You people spend half a decade in your room trying to "git gud" till you're a crickety old bitch. Time waits for no man. Shit is subjective and people love to eat it. I want to make my art now and put it out into the world.

Yes.

Oh look, another faggot homo who's stuck his shit fingers far too deep into the asshole of his elitism. I am not interested in being the coolest or uniquest, my purpose is to express myself, or did you all forget?
>you make the mistake of seeing yourself as a musician/producer when in reality you're a student.
Everyone is a student. Everyone is learning all the time. I will choose to learn in action and not fester in the shit of my elitism. Growth in an echo chamber is only a simulation. I am going to shit in public and I'm going to keep shitting until I see my streets of shit as streets of gold. People love to play in shit and I will make them bathe in mine.
> (btw, do you have the third or fourth edition?)
Third.

Attached: D2aJg9EWwAU2kgi.jpg (609x1107, 205K)

>All the top artists spent their formative years copying the greats and absorbing their work.
>there are people who argue against this
>all those people are ass or noobs
crazy right
it's ridiculous how far producers are willing to go to get around learning things

vote for fm8
massive *does* has phase modulation though

>i need vsts like serum/massive with weird presets
>lazy fucks in /prod/
i get not giving a fuck about presets when it comes to pads/leads/breadandbuttersounds but if you want to get weird you really gotta just learn it yourself mate

wtf

maybe for reference kanye west yeezus?
iโ€˜d need evil/obscure/dark synths

Check out this list:
rbt.asia/mu/thread/84770264/#84772981
These are the best.

As for Yeezus, it's not really the choice of synth but the choice of programming the synth that you're using.
A lot of analog synths were used, so if you want that character you'll have to buy an analog, but other than that they can be made with any capable digital synth and sampler.

>Yes.
Might guy was a loser, he couldn't perform ninjutsu and compared to others like Kakashi he was nothing, even with all his hard work (Kakashi was a genius AND he worked just as hard).
But he worked and worked and worked until he got so strong that he basically killed six paths Madara (a god level shinobi who only survived thanks to his regeneration powers) with taijutsu alone.
Both Madara and Kakashi recognized that he became the stronger one.
At this moment you're kid Guy. Nothing in your music is good, so you need to work to make it good.
Some people are like Kakashi who are just naturally gifted and can focus on things like having unique techniques, but you're Guy right now, so you'll have to focus on the basics first so you can even be in the same room as the Kakashis of the production world, and one day surpassing them.
youtube.com/watch?v=uB_KqKETZcU
If you act like you're a Kakashi, you'll never manage to become good.
Especially since it takes the geniuses years, and you, someone who literally can't do anything right (no offense but this is the objective truth) expect to get good without long hard work?
That's not gonna happen.

You're under the impression that it's either a long road to success or a short road to success, and if that was the case I'd agree in wanting the short road, but every experienced producer will tell you, it's either a long road to (maybe if you're lucky) success, or a short road to certain failure.
There's no shortcut except for grinding and focusing on learning so you develop the skills fast (like I told you before) instead of spending years just to cover the basics while you try to be unique (something very hard even for experienced artists and will likely never happen to you without first getting good).

1/2

Attached: AnnualAnguishedCob-small.gif (500x288, 1.21M)

It's not elitism. It's just that we know a thing or two more than you and you should listen to us because you're a beginner and don't know much.
It's all to help you.
Also I'm not telling you to become the next megagenius revolutionary IDM artist.
I'm just helping you developing THE BASICS that you absolutely NEED to put your ideas into practice in a way that's not laughable.
You fucking NEED this, man. Regardless of what you make, these basics are a strict requirement. Especially for someone like you who has no skills, talent, musicianship, or perspective at all yet and still needs to develop all of these.
You'll never express yourself in a way that you'll be proud of (or that people will appreciate) wthout at least understanding the basics.

>Third.
Don't read it and get the fourth here:
www35.zippyshare.com/v/LGDcXa9m/file.html
As soon as the resource files are available I'll post them to /prod/.

BTW. Those 3 posts you're quoting are all me. Just to be clear.

2/2

>it's ridiculous how far producers are willing to go to get around learning things
Textbook Dunning Kruger mixed with arrogance and unwillingness to listen. The best possible combination for improvement.

I like this post but literally nobody thought guy was better than kakashi. His thing with madera was timing/everybody else being to fucked up to help. Madera specifically proclaimed the best at only tai jutsu.

... everybody should work their asses off regardless of their talents. Lee inspires me to produce every day :)

>Sakumo to Kakashi, referring to Guy: "at the rate he's training, that boy will become stronger than you"
>Kakashi, reminishing about His father saying the above: "Dad, it ended up exactly as you predicted."
>Madara, after witnessing Night Guy: "I'll aknowledge this chakra of yours! I, Madara, declare you the strongest!"
youtube.com/watch?v=ntECXgHcYAQ

Madara with the tentails, six paths senjutsu, and a rinnegan was stronger than literally everybody in the world except for maybe Kaguya (does this even count?) and Six paths Naruto.
Literally no one could even do anything to him except Guy.
Yeah, Kakashi is better in everything else, but his taijutsu is so freakishly strong that with the 8th gate open it compensates for all his weaknesses and then some.
Of course he dies in the process lol, but still he did manage to become strong enough to almost defeat a guy who nobody else in the world could even touch.

>everybody should work their asses off regardless of their talents. Lee inspires me to produce every day :)
100% true.
No doubt Lee will one day surpass Guy, perhaps even by opening the 8th gate at will without dying.

>over 400 songs done
>3 uploaded years ago
i think it might be time o___o

>I, Madara, declare you the strongest!"
Maybe translation differences? idfk, I guess i'm wrong. Still, he was only effective against madara at that time because regular jutsu were completely ineffective (just sage and taijutsu i think?)

>Maybe translation differences? idfk, I guess i'm wrong.
Don't know, could be.
>Still, he was only effective against madara at that time because regular jutsu were completely ineffective (just sage and taijutsu i think?)
Correct.
But even without other types of attacks being ineffective, who could've even touched him?
His base form was still at the very top just with his rinnegan and hashirama cells. With six path senjutsu he was just untouchable, and only after Naruto and Sasuke got the same powers he had they managed to overpower him. Without meeting Hagoromo he'd have killed them with no issue whatsoever, even if non-sage/taijutsu were effective as usual.

>cucknime

Reporting in to critique everyone's shit
>instaud.io/3swe
Pretty cool. It'd be better imo with some chords rather than that basic bitch melody you got going on. You built the foundation with that sidechained drum loops or loops, add some fucking dope chords, not this boring ascending toddler melody. Dont listen to this guyPretty simple but that's what you're going for. It is indeed mellow, and musical. Finish this shit though dude. No one wants to hear WIPs that sound like they're in embryonic stage.
Two possibilities, you're either fucking with us or you're new to making music.
The stutters at 1:06 kind of throw the feel off. It quickly gets back into the groove, but usually it's a better idea to add that shit after a rapper has rapped on it. It's hard to keep count if you're rapping to it. Nice sense of space. Nice sample. Simple but effective. You're making moves bro. Don't listen to this guy because he clearly doesn't understand you're going for a hip hop/trap beat.
Pretty cool. I don't like trap hi hats a lot most of the time, but you have carved a unique little nice in that sound. The snare is good. The sample/synths are good. I'm not going to go through your whole tape though.
The mix aint bad. The beat is decent if a slightly generic with some unique flavors. Talent is definitely here. Your voice is cool, sounds like pitch shifted down. Reminds me of
Ugly Mane and Antwon. Second verse you start to lose the plot a bit and get off beat. Work on that. Do many takes if you have to. It's what pros do. But what I hear is you not having a solid rhythm so you kind of just say things rather than rap them. Not even in a blueface bay area off beat on purpose type way. Work on it. Lots of talent here you just need to work on staying on beat. Maybe work on your delivery just a little bit. If you just mixed it you did pretty good. Work on automation.

>instaud.io/3sxW
Cool. Drums are super awesome, aesthetic is awesome, work on an engaging progression/melody?

are you the book pusher and also the sw user?
o___o

Nice ad bro

>sw user
What does that mean?

okay then never mind!

Maybe I am, I'm usually bad at recognizing initials.

>instaud.io/3sEV
Cool stuff. Definitely a vision here. Work on your mixing. Those percussive elements sound pretty low in the mix and might benefit from being brought forward. The melody and progression is very videogamey.
Unique sense of melody. This is not a dance song really though. This is more run of the mill trap influenced. Still a cool little piece.
I don't know I'm supposed to critique. The mix? The band or you playing or whatever it is sounds quite sloppy. The mix is...okay.
Probably the most technically skilled here. Work on your mix. It's slightly harsh. You really don't need anyone here for help.

this is not demarcus look at the pic and name

I thought he finished his minutes on the second account so he moved on to the third.
clyp.it/user/tzzfnldl
clyp.it/user/o3dm5i3p
clyp.it/user/iddgfkbp

>tfw started using reason as a joke but actually come to like it

it's actually pretty comfy. still doesn't hold a candle to Live for audio and i'm still trying to figure out how exactly to work some of the plugins (like being able to open an init patch to start making my own presets or loading my own samples and loops) but so far it's nice to take a break from my current work flow and get some exercise in learning something new

don't let /prod/ die
don't let /prod/ be
like your
dre-ams

pray for my demo to actually be listened to boys

*her

pcfags stay hating till they realize how aesthetic Logic Pro x is.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 9.06.57 AM.png (1440x811, 224K)

better to not be listened to than listened to and hated

Hey bruhs I'm looking for a simple DAW-kind of thing on linux. I don't really use vsts at the moment so a good piano roll, midi output, and midi/audio recording are all I need. And ghost notes in the piano roll like in FL. Any ideas? Been trying out Rosegarden but it doesn't have ghost notes afaict.

Attached: vacuum.jpg (4032x3024, 1.95M)

Actually I'm a dummy and this is possible in rosegarden.

false>I don't know how to sidechain. You can do it to in Fruity Limiter apparently but you need to route it to something or something. Too much to figure out. I downloaded a sidechain VST from RDG but it's shit, I don't think it works.
You can sidechain easily in FL using the peak controller to automate a compressor's threshold.

What even is the Sophie track that has the rubber bands that you're all meming about?

worth getting a cheap old mac mini or macbook for Numerology?

Attached: numerology.png (992x749, 191K)

i'm feeling pretty good about it since the last one got picked up and another label has already reached out to me... what about you user?
: ^ )

>don't know how to sidechain
Bruh just automate the gain on your bass to dip when the kick hits and then curve back up.
Also learn to look for information for yourself.
Did they not teach you how to learn in school?

Oh lol, it's the same guy that does the Sammy character. Bro you got to be more subtle, we can only overlook you playing roles for laughs if you do a good job.

No that's just Demarcus, AKA "Sammy 2.0 Trap Edition".
I believe his whole persona is a troll, but that post isn't someone pretending to be someone else. That's just normal Demarcus.

In the options there's a checkbox that switches between loading the default instrument patch on creation or an init parch.
Most sample loading REs have little load buttons near the sample screens, or you can just drag them onto the sequencer if you don't need them in the rack (they get their own audio channel when you do).
Also you can make REX files from samples in the sequencer by double clicking it to go to slice edit view, setting the slice markers where you want them, and then right clicking the track and choosing "bounce to REX file".

>normal

Attached: 1468296510880.jpg (920x602, 118K)

woah.. im erect.

how do i sound professional bruh? im tired of sounding amateurish

Should've said "regular" Demarcus.
You get what I mean.

instaud.io/3sMz

Is this too busy?

Use professional tools.

Attached: 1544791630639.jpg (500x500, 99K)

no

first you need the skeleton which is a decent song with decent sound selection. Then the mix. FX. Ear candy. Automating fx parameters. These will all get you closer to pro sounds. Tastefulness is the most important first step though. Is a pro song going to have a shitty amateurish melody? Probably not. Simple maybe, but not amateurish.

Fuck now the next thread will have to be Naruto Edition.

noooo...

Attached: weeb overload.jpg (1205x1032, 575K)

anime you watch? make it never will you.

Attached: 363.jpg (1200x788, 258K)

New friendo here. How do I make hissing that sounds natural and not annoying?
Example what I'm saying: youtube.com/watch?v=gwTG1joQtjI

use a de-esser

freesound.org/people/megashroom/sounds/390332/
:)

>not synthesizing water and squeaky sounds from scratch
Never gonna make it

Anyone ever download Omnisphere from RuTracker? Just want to confirm that it's working correctly before I download 83 fucking gigs.

This is the one I'm talking about:
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5610508

Attached: Spectrasonics-Omnisphere-2.5-700x404.jpg (700x404, 61K)

Bump

>All the top artists spent their formative years copying the greats and absorbing their work.
>ALL of them. Even if the first work they put out is unique, the stuff they did in private to get to that level wasn't unique from the start.
>They studied what came before them and added to that by creating their own style that they implemented by applying the skills they learned by studying the greats.
This is a great post; I assume it applies to all styles of music, yeah?

Attached: 1535413160990.jpg (319x322, 19K)

This applies to literally every art form
Okay yeah nobody remade fucking citizen came because $$$ but the point still stands that you can't innovate when you don't know where an art is at- trying to is shooting in the dark

>citizen came
Is that a porn parody of Citizen Kane? kek.
All right; I'm going to cover three albums and then I should be able to make my own.

>instaud.io/3sRr
Nice 404 beat.

instaud.io/3sRH

is the long distorted note too loud?
also is the glass sample too much?

ye

I didn't watch that far into Naruto I have no idea what you're talking about.
>Don't read it and get the fourth here:
Thanks.

>Still a cool little piece.
Thank you.

It is me. Or do I say "it is I"? I don't know.

>It is me. Or do I say "it is I"? I don't know.
both are ok, don't listen to prescripticucks

reminder if you don't use Renoise you're a pleb homo

Duck you made me look. I'll just have to remember that next time I'm discussing fictional porn parodies with my m8s.

how do some just pull and play the piano by ear? playing anything in other than c major/minor fries my brain. Am I supposed to learn all the scales by heart?

dont be afraid of putting things on grid/quantizing

those slippery off-grid beats died with Flying lotus in 2012

From what I understand: yes.

its 2019 bruh, just use the transpose feature
playing only black keys is minor
playing only white keys is major
transpose to the key you want

Attached: 1378996249732.gif (156x132, 506K)

I'm going to be on Ableton for the next 8 hours.

If I streamed on Twitch would any of you niggers watch?

>learn all the scales by heart
i mean..... duh, right?

really you just need to learn the ones you like. then realize how much the scales overlap/crossover (meaning scales are pointless once you understand the patterns)

cool

super late to the party, y'all still giving feedback

heres a shitty hip hop beat i made and i threw an old gucci mane acapella on top to make the beat more cohesive.

clyp.it/2ccgbc2b

clyp.it/swjvi15k

greek mythology raps for all my niggas in the trap

I guess not.

depends on style of music

Probably gunna make something orchestral.

Also in general I was thinking a few days ago.
Would there be any way for people to share an account on a streaming platform, so that someone from /prod/ could potentially always be streaming *for* /prod/, or would the sharing of the logins just end up with trolls taking over?

Just a thought about how to make this "community" a little better and homogeneous.

damn nigga, this is a bop

can i get feedback on my traplord shit?
clyp.it/2ccgbc2b

anybody got any redpilled videos on how to sing?

just make an account to post some of this Yea Forums music too.

share it with someone you know (real life, or interwebs) who also goes on Yea Forums

be born with perfect pitch and a nice voice.

if youre old enough to post on here and you dont know how to sing, you'll never be able to.

if you need instructions on how to sing, i've got some bad news for you

Practise. Get singing lessons, just like any other skill.
Nobody I know posts on Yea Forums. Regardless, I wouldn't share the fact I post on Yea Forums. It's meant to be anonymous. It would allow anyone to jump on and take over the stream as long as someone else isn't. The more I describe it out loud it sounds like a silly idea.
I don't know if you're suggesting archiving or something else, but hell no if you are.
>t. people with no skill development potential

Getting omnisphere working can be a little annoying, but yes it works.

I haven't downloaded that exact torrent you linked, but in my experience you basically do this to get it working: install plugin and library, update plugin and library, patch all plugin files using keygen/patcher, open plugin in your DAW and do the response code shit using the keygen.

If you forget any one of those steps, it will just crash once you enter the response codes

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 7.13.48 PM.png (816x252, 35K)

whoops, decided against posting that pic but forget to unselect it. Anyway those are personal instructions I wrote for myself to remind me on how to get it working with Pro Tools.

from me specifically? this is cool as hell, but sounds unmixed/too loud. It reminds me of Final Fantasy music. What VSTs do you use?

i don't care about flying lotus also i can't really make the break fit the grid

This will never go well on an anonymous board.
It's undoubtedly going to get ruined by the shitposters or even some outsider asshole.

>Nobody I know posts on Yea Forums. Regardless, I wouldn't share the fact I post on Yea Forums. It's meant to be anonymous. It would allow anyone to jump on and take over the stream as long as someone else isn't. The more I describe it out loud it sounds like a silly idea.
do you mean like an artist page on a streaming platform like spotify or soundcloud

the account would get banned first day I will make sure of it

Attached: IGOR-ET-GRICHKA-BOGDANOV.jpg (2048x1365, 385K)

Streaming on Twitch.... A live stream....
This is what I asked in my original post.
>or would the sharing of the logins just end up with trolls taking over?
I can respect that.

instaud.io/3sU1

work in prog what do you think

I used Renoise for a long time before moving to Ableton and then Reaper. Renoise is cool, especially for certain granular edits (good for IDM, breakcore, glitch, etc), but automation is a pain in the ass and the developers have been MIA for a couple of years now.

mostly massive

i really like this dude GOGOI's presets

google "gogoi presets" and you'll find em

Twitch has a "host" feature where an account can stream any other streamer's stream when it itself is offline.
You could have one or two people managing the main account, and any streamer that wants to be on the official /prod/ stream would only need to ask those people to host it.

This way everyone can stream freely using whatever account they own, and the official stream wouldn't risk being overrun by random people, since it would only be managed by a select few trusted "managers".

>can't really make the break fit the grid

what is warping?

if you cant warp/move transients, you need a new DAW

I don't have Massive unfortunately, and no way to get it.

its pretty lame in FL, you have to chop it up in the playlist and make every clip unique (every transient is 2 clicks to chop 2 clicks to make unique)

or open it in newtone pitch editor and move transients there, but it has clunky interface, and you have to render it out

dunno other ways

>no way to get it.
lol, learn how to pirate, pussy.

thepiratebay.org/search/massive/0/99/0

all my music software/vsts are cracked/stolent

pirate ablton then. you dont need to make it your main daw, but you can use it as a tool for warping samples.

Thanks for the response. The instructions on the RuTracker torrent are pretty thorough and understandable once they've been through Google Translate. I guess I'll give it a go.

Can't believe this Omnisphere's default library is over 80 GB! Now I wish I'd gotten a 1 TB SSD instead of a 500 GB...

Attached: mixmaster-studio.jpg (720x555, 52K)

Some breaks simply do not have the content to sound appropriate at some speeds. You can use any algorithm you want but sometimes, it just doesn't work. There's no getting around that unless you intentionally either compromise the quality or the tempo.
Also, this ones just my style and opinion, but if you are quantising *breaks* then you are doing it wrong. May as well just chop it up at that point.
One tip to acheive my latter suggestion while retaining the original qualities, is to use the function in a sampler where the played sample will retrigger a specific part of the sample after the initial envelope has happened, so what you end up with is the transient, followed by a small loop of the tail of the hit.
Using this you can very cleanly fill in the gaps between you one shots just by extending the midi notes, in the context of a mix this can be a very nice trick to give the impression of a perfectly chopped break. It can take some real getting used to to achieve properly though.
Ableton > FL every single time. Unless you simply do not want to relearn, or just enjoy FL or any reason (which I can respect) there is absolutely no reason not to use Ableton. Its conversion is clinical, it performs the best in terms of pure rendering and AA - its results were nearly indiscriminate from PT (Live10 I mean now, Live9 actually did have some rendering...."issues"...).
Its just infinitely more creative and faster, no limitations to chains, groups in groups in groups, buses in buses in buses, no more rerouting or rewiring, saving massive CPU - less need to bounce/freeze/resample just to get away from latency. Dont sleep on the group chains. My only complaint is the limit of 12 returns - but we can make internal parallels using groups.

I would set up that stream right now but I just remembered the latency I get from using the software to allow Ableton to properly communicate with OBS, and aint nobody got time for that.

>atency I get from using the software to allow Ableton to properly communicate with OBS

i used to have the same problem. i was able to get it to work using my focusrite, or using asio4all with virtualbanana

plenty of tutorials on how to do it. Set-up takes like 10 min.

Hello Yea Forums,

I am 20 years old, and I think I am fairly good at songwriting, recording, producing, and singing. If I were to take a year off from college and dedicate myself to working on music, how would I get exposure for my music, assuming I am living in a major US city? E.g. get large publications to review your music, get booked for tours etc.
Also, what exactly does a record label do? How is having one better than using DistroKid? What if you start a record label? I don't understand.
Seeing so many obvious hacks "make it," at least to a scale where they make money off it makes me feel like it can't be that difficult with hard work and talent

unethical

FL is less CPU heavy and has the magical 'disable plugin' macro. Not sure what you meant by 'performs best' because in my experience FL is way lighter.

Also the way I program drums doesn't work in ableton and I get some pretty nice results usually so no need to fix what ain't broken. i want to make it clear that the track I posted is a meme, i do not actually make music like this, lmao.

I don't know about the chains and shit, FL's mixer is very smart, but I haven't used Live so idk

>what exactly does a record label do
they jew you

Before you go any further, please realize that it's nearly impossible to make a living off music these days. Streaming royalties and playing shows here and there aren't going to pay the bills.

What if you're at the level of fame/streams/hype of any number of meme artists such as Cuco, Clairo, Boy Pablo etc. (but Im not a cute girl)

It performs best, as in has the best rendering capabilities. DAW's are not created equal. In Live you can also disable plugins, what sort of hack ass DAW wouldn't allow you to disable plugs.
>unethical
top kek
No chance i'm going through that bullshit again. I also don't use a Focusrite and never will again use such a terrible sound card (2i2 or lesser). I have streamed countless hours of Ableton already a few years ago.
Every method involves compromise, if you actually record or perform your parts instead of using the piano roll then desu I don't believe you countered the latency to make it playable.

It was a stupid thing to bring up in the first place.

Short answer: money

make well produced music (you probably actually suck at mixing, sorry, jus's sayin) so pay someone professional to mix (pay at leat $800 for a mixing/mastering engineer with good credits)

pay for promotion. Instagram ads, youtube ads, pay some blogs to "review" your music.

Music industry is a pay-to-win game. If youre poorfag (like me) make some rich friends who would be willing to invest in you

dont be too afraid of labels, stay away from the majors, but if someone comes knocking on your door, answer. (its impossible to make it without a team of publicists and marketing)

make a meme song.

i was using asio4all + vbanana with no latency issues.

do more research bud. make sure youre watching a video tutorial from 2018/2019

make a meme song.

this seems like the easiest part

>pay for promotion. Instagram ads, youtube ads, pay some blogs to "review" your music.

does this work?
i've never seen instagram ads or youtube ads for music before. who does reviews for pay?

also I am willing to invest the money required for professional mixing etc., but I am OK at it I think.

What other investment is required/possible that make it "pay to win"?

People like those have money and promoters behind them. You think someone like Clairo had success organically? Sleazy social media savvy promoters know how to game the system. Look at any of the cloud rap guys who "made it big" in the past couple of years. Most of them made it big because they had promoters who use social media to do things like create fake beefs and whatnot.

As for fame/streams/hype, that doesn't translate into as much actual money as you would think it does. Fame and hype don't necessarily mean you're going to make money. You sure as shit aren't going to make a steady income on fucking Spotify and YouTube plays.

People like XXXTentacion had money because they were involved in drug dealing and money laundering, not because they made money from streams or shows.

Attached: ohgod.jpg (1132x720, 138K)

>What if you're at the level of fame/streams/hype of any number of meme artists

then we cant help you, you're already further than any of us.

>mastering engineer

Attached: mastering.jpg (402x577, 120K)

It's a macro that automatically disables any plugins not recieving signal. For instance you might have the xX420--l33tmiter--024Xx plugin on your synth track but you're working on a section of the song where those synths don't play... But the leetmiter takes up 69% cpu just to exist and it's a problem for weak laptop fags like me

>What other investment is required/possible that make it "pay to win"?
the gear

you can hustle yourself to a certain point. the key is getting your music in front of people though. if you make a great band/record and play/tour all the time to break it in while hustling online that will make it easier to make productive contact with management/publicists/agents/labels who can get you to the next level. those ppl don't want someone whose hand they're going to have to hold, they want a turnkey operation as much as possible. the better-organized/more diy-capable you are the more attractive you are as a product imo

>other investment
there isnt one.

just pay for promotion and production, and have rich parents

I'm not really into making any cheesy meme genres like cloud rap, trap etc. so I can't ride onto that wave.

Yes I know, Clairo is an obvious industry plant

What the hell do "sleazy social media savvy" promotors do that us regular folk can't?

For example artists like Mac DeMarco etc. are able to make money from streams, touring, record sales, merch

How hard is it to push yourself there?

tis why you look for someone with professional credits (ie actual rescent "popular"/wellknown songs.) and be prepared to spend up to $2k

>promoters who use social media to do things like create fake beefs and whatnot
this

Lil Pump is only famous because his promoters paid "influencers" to make memes out of him.

what does hustling mean?
how do I get people to hear my music? I put it on Youtube, spotify, soundcloud, but now what?
Putting it on sharethreads and subreddits seems like a dead end Ill be honest, the only people listening are other aspiring musicians who will just bite your shit if its good.

I disagree with this.
I have a macbook pro, focusrite interface, logic pro x, midi controller, shure sm58 and yamaha hs8s
the technology is good enough today that gear isn't that important, I am confident I am able to make good sounding catchy songs with my setup, and it didnt cost me that much

How much would promotion cost?
I can live at home rent free if I have to until I start making money
Where should one put in money if they want to promote their music?

>What the hell do "sleazy social media savvy" promotors do that us regular folk can't?

have a fuckton of money and connections to pay "influencers"

this shit costs money dood. Organic music careers are dead.

That sounds pretty dope desu. I can see why thats invaluable if you're a laptop poorfag.
I bet your tracks are fucking whack mate.
Mastering may not be what people typically think it is but if you're making a radio ready track then a mastering engineer, with his treated room and his 20k$ dynaudios and his experienced ear may well be the difference between it sounding like it belongs on someones playlist or not.

>how do I get people to hear my music

pay for advertising/promoting

be prepared to spend $1500 on one instagram post. then be prepared to do that ten times a month. then be prepared to do that for 3 months

genius.com/a/label-execs-detail-the-pump-plan-they-use-to-help-rappers-go-viral

This seems overly cynical.
Surely there is market demand for good music
I am not entirely opposed to having an "inorganic" career, I am willing to sign to a label, pay for marketing, do press etc. as well as invest in "influencers," but I am skeptical whether paying some instagram model or something to say something about my music will be helpful. Seems like its better to be reviewed by pitchfork or the like, or get to open for some major act.

>How hard is it to push yourself there?
You've gotta completely dedicate your life to this shit. You're going to need to put together some killer tracks and build up a following. In addition to your music, you're going to need a visual component. This includes album artwork, music videos, graphics on merch, even how you present yourself. You need to know how to properly utilize social media, or by this point have the money to hire a promoter who knows how to properly do this. Getting big these days is 10% music, 90% social media hype.

Like said, organic music careers are dead.

>Surely there is market demand for good music
Are you high? Everyone just streams shit off Spotify or YouTube. How much money do you think you're going to make with that? You'll make enough to buy a pizza a couple times a month, if that.

Unless you can get an fan base that warrants it, most places that would actually pay you well to play aren't going to book you. You'll be stuck playing open mic night at the local bars.

lame

>shure sm58

get a better mic

and yes, gear doesnt matter. But technical knowledge does. Learn how to make masters for radio (ie learn the dif between SPUs and Dbs) Learn how to make your mix loud enough.
learn how to listen to your mix in multiple environments (headphones, speakers, car speakers, outside on a bluetooth speaker) before you even think about releasing your music.

I am pretty good at the music as well as the other aesthetic parts of the endeavor, I can make and record all my own music, make my own album art work and music videos. I think I am much better than average in this area. (biased)

I am able to dedicate a great deal of time to this as I can live at home

How do I use social media? What are the wayts to generate hype if you're not making rap music

>10% music, 90% social media hype.
and %100 having up to six figures ($100k) to spend on promotion

Its good enough but i might
I already do all that

Well are there musicians out there who make money or aren't there?

>be prepared to spend multiple thousands of dollars on your music you make for free and can't profit from if you wanted to because you use pirated software.

Attached: 1519505561906.jpg (670x472, 51K)

Yeah, you definitely need money. Rarely will promoters invest in you, unless they know a sure thing when they see one. Fucking XXXTentacion was LIVING with his promoter for fuck's sake.

vst3 plugins can work this way but not everyone builds them with the function

Attached: 23.png (888x112, 10K)

>fan base that warrants it
this

or do hip hop, most venues will let anyone open if you hit them up soon enough

2 of my friends got to open up for madeintyo in Madison WI, because they had been talking to the venue for over a year and a spot opened up last min. (they failed by not making connections with madeintyo or his management team tho, they just got drunk and made fools of themselves infront of the famous dude)

>How do I use social media? What are the wayts to generate hype if you're not making rap music

What genre are you making? This is going to be a HUGE factor. And if you don't know how to use social media, hire someone who does, otherwise you're going to be spending way too much time on that instead of making music.

>Well are there musicians out there who make money or aren't there?
Lot of musicians make money. Now ask me if they're making enough money to live off their music.

Hint: The answer is usually "no."

lol

uh... most big name artists use some pirated vsts and even software

plenty of famous artists didnt have a legit copy of ableton/fl until they were already famous.

you literally have no idea what youre talking about, youre just too much of a pussy to steal to make art.

What the fuck does a promoter do that I can't do myself?
Indie rock with synthesizers
I know how to use all the social media websites, but what do you do on them , just indiscriminately spam your shit?

But there are some, arent there?

Or maybe I actually make art and not crap for the consumption of some bonehead mass audience.

Attached: 7cdc8a57-cd87-4196-9018-2d2dd0fadb19_screenshot.jpg (640x480, 23K)

>Fucking XXXTentacion was LIVING with his promoter for fuck's sake.

Agreed

it was a house owned by denzel curry (who got the house cause he was already signed/playing festivals) had like 5 other semi-famous dudes living in it, and his promoters.

You are asking in the wrong place, no one here know anything about making money with music. You won't learn anything here, its an echo chamber.
>Or maybe I actually make art and not crap for the consumption of some bonehead mass audience.
Or maybe thats got absolutely nothing to do with what anyone said and you are just a hack and a faggot?

where should I go

they make money off of merch, not music. they make money from playing shows, not music.

you have to get out of your home town and tour if you want money. You need promoters/managers to book you shows/make you well-known.

shit takes money and effort, it doesnt "just happen" when you ask for answers on Yea Forums

>What the fuck does a promoter do that I can't do myself?
>I know how to use all the social media websites, but what do you do on them , just indiscriminately spam your shit?

This is why you're doomed to fail.

I am willing to tour, make merch.
I am willing to pay a promoter, where do I get one?
I have put in money and effort into making music, but not promotion, but imwilling to.
Doomed for asking questions?

>but what do you do on them
post your shit, then pay others to repost your shit.

make memes with your songs as background music.

or just get your shit shown on Ellen.

or jsut control reality with your thoughts (like me)

The point is you're a faggot who is just baiting anyway and nobody should be shelling out 2000 dollars on their fucking hobby. Also if you're making anything interesting some of those guys will reach out and offer to master your shit for free.

I don't know because I am posting here in an echo chamber. I can't tell you how to network because I don't know, I would bet my left nut that no one here knows either.

>or jsut control reality with your thoughts (like me)
'sup muh nigga

Attached: the_secret.jpg (520x441, 20K)

Most of the music in this thread is trash and everyone is cynical af about making it

youre a fucking faggot, and you know you'll never make money without "consumption of some bonehead mass audience"

you're one of those boneheads to someone. own it.

promote your shit. dont be pretentious. If you ask for help, dont shut the people down who give it to you.

if the reality of the music industry makes you sad, quit making music and find a new passion.

You had no point you fucking clown.
>nobody should be shelling out 2000 dollars on their fucking hobby
>what is photography
>what is climbing
>what is hiking
>what is any activity
not everyone is an autismopoor fag
dont invest your money in the hobby you enjoy!!!! fuck off kill yourself
yeah exactly so why would anyone ask for advise from the people who post here kek

>master your shit for free.
lol

wow.

you're literally only like 16, arent you?

>>shit takes money and effort, it doesnt "just happen" when you ask for answers on Yea Forums

This. I've seen young guys who basically said "My true calling is music, and I'm good enough to make it big" without understanding how much fucking work it takes to get that far. These guys always end up burned out and in debt in a couple of years.

This isn't the early 90s. There are no A&R guys out there looking to sign the next big rock band or whatever. No matter what genre you're doing, you're going to have to hustle big time. It's all about making connections and social media.

think and grow rich my nigga.

what lodge you in? i been thinking about joinging, but i dont want to spend over $1000 on "dues" and my hometown doesnt have anyone attached to the music industry.

MixnMaster kikes out in full force today

Attached: 1553366207331.gif (572x339, 2.05M)

You exposed that you had no idea how to use social media to promote your work, and also said you had no idea what you need a promoter for. Do you understand how fucking dumb you sound right now???

lol, this.

i do know it costs money tho, and you'll need a marketing team behind you.

this article applies to any artist, not just rappers. genius.com/a/label-execs-detail-the-pump-plan-they-use-to-help-rappers-go-viral

Honestly, the people who shit on mastering engineers probably couldn't identify a resonance in their track if you swept a maxxed Q band for an hour straight, same guys who wonder why their stuff sounds terrible.

I sought advice on how to use social media, and where to hire a promoter.

bruh, i master my own shit, i just know this 20yo doesnt know shit (because i was 20, went to school for audio engineering, and STILL didnt know shit)

really im just saying he needs to make sure it actually sounds good (well mixed) and he needs to spend a fuck-ton of money on promotion

Great, now we're getting somewhere.

The next step you need to take is posting some of your tunes here so we can tell you if dumping thousands of dollars on promotion is going to be worth it or if you're just going to be throwing away your money.

>tfw overthinking about music theory again

I wish I could just hop on the piano and play shit by ear. I want to off myself. What do I do man

Attached: 04CC8AAB-5E35-4BAA-9984-982DB7244A1E.jpg (645x773, 80K)

google, we dont have all the answeres/im not giving you info on my promoter. dog-eat-dog world out there, son.

sounds like something a greedy kike would say

Attached: 1552967244123.jpg (1024x1004, 65K)

>posting some of your tunes here so we can tell you if dumping thousands of dollars on promotion is going to be worth it

this. i mean, this is a /prod/ thread. we're here to tell you if its shit or not (and we're all anonymous, so it hurts less when you get rejected)

if youre too afraid to get rejected on Yea Forums then youre not ready to make music.

>kike
sounds like someone who hasnt taken the time to learn how to master their own shit, and doenst want to. Yet, they dont want to pay someone professional to do it, so their music will always sound like garbage and they will eventually have to give up on their dreams.

im not trying to sell anyone anything, i dont own a business, im just expressing the importance of a well mixed/mastered song.

Hey guys I got a focusrite 2i4 and it comes with ableton live lite and pro tools first which one should I go with? Or is reaper better or any other daws you guys suggest?

play piano and take the time to learn how to play it by ear....

its not that hard, it just takes practice (like literally everything else in life)

quit being lazy and go eat your first meal of the day (youll feel way better)

I am in favour of mastering engineers, however they do very specific tasks.
In your understanding, what does a =M=E do?

I wrote a post some time ago about promotion and social media.
If you guys want to read it, it's here (or in pic related):
rbt.asia/mu/thread/80403310/#80424039
rbt.asia/mu/thread/80403310/#80424060

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-25 mu - Music ยป Thread #80403310.png (548x1168, 63K)

depends on what genre you're making

(both of those free copies are shit btw)
youre gonna have to be prepared to drop $1.2k on a DAW or man-up and pirate your software like everyone else...

youtube.com/watch?v=zOxo6V7HTSc
Reaper.

do not use reaper.
dude is trolling (or owns reaper and wants to justify his horrible purchase)

What? You don't even need to pay for it -- just close the nag pop-up after your 30 day trial.

Not the guy you're replying to, but I used to use Ableton Live and switched to Reaper. It's just easier to work with since it's way more flexible (and uses half the CPU Live does for the same things).

still a shit daw tho

>hello fellow music producers. Don't forget to get someone big in the game to mix and master your music. Now, you don't wanna look like a schmuck, do ya?

Attached: 2005PhilSpectorPA170512-413x620.jpg (413x620, 54K)

>reaper is more flexible than live
I laughed out loud

I'm not gonna sit here and tell amateur producers that they NEED to get a pro mastering job done on their tracks, but if you're trying make the next step, it's not a bad idea to look around at reasonably priced mastering engineers with actual credentials.

That said, guys like Rick Rubin get paid big bucks to just turn up the master fader all the way, so what the fuck, y'know?

Attached: rs-8730-20121217-rick-rubin-624x420-1355785138.jpg (1200x630, 131K)

Aphex Twin never paid anyone to master his shit and people still loved it. And don't say it was anywhere close to being up to code even for its day.

You've never actually use Reaper, have you.

But hurr durr its free so it must be bad, just like not shelling out 2000 dollars on mastering because yeah [THATS] what's wrong with your music.

Mastering is the easiest part of the whole process if you didn't fuck up the mix and recording, I don't understand why people act like mastering alone is some fucking black magic that only l33t industry pros with secret weapons and 30000 monitors can do. If you're that set on paying pros you might as well have them record and mix your shit too

Drums need a crash badly, end of thread so won't read

you probably only used live for like a week and got mad/confused

If you are tracking lots of inputs live, then Pro Tools.
If you are making "electronic" music, in the sense that you are using virtual instruments and lots of MIDI - then Ableton.
If you don't know the answers to my questions then the answer is Ableton.
Pro Tools is industry standard for lots of things, for example the automation of mixing desks, SSL integration and recall. If you are just entering your music journey, then Pro Tools is a steep learning curve and realistically, probably not what you want.
Pro Tools has lots of specific tools that deal with fixing, rearranging, tracking audio.
AT is an anomaly in every sense of the word.
You can cling to numbers all you want, it doesn't change anything.
Again I ask you all - what you YOU think the task of a ME is? A typical master from a very good engineer is less than 100$. Recording and mixing is absolutely not the same and doesn't come with the same price tag.

Hello /prod/, what's a good EQ plug-in that works well especially for acustic guitars?

I used Live for 3 years before switching to Reaper. Live isn't a bad DAW. If it works for you, it works for you. Plenty of people use it.

I switched because I tried Reaper out of curiosity and ended up liking its flexibility and increased performance over Live.

Stay mad kiddo.

Attached: beavis_glasses.jpg (251x239, 7K)

>Aphex Twin never paid anyone to master his shit

maybe not for his earliest tapes, but any of this albums had mastering/mixing engineers (look it up on discogs or all music)

plus, it was much easier to make it back then (people actually paid for music, labels were making money. that industry is dead)

Literally any parametric EQ. There should be one with your DAW

mixing and mastering are now the same thing. the best mastering engineers mix into their master chain.

Learn how to do it yourself and you dont have to pay anyone. Choose not to learn, have fun with bad mixes.

No, they arn't. Either you are lying or just misinformed.

stay poorly mixed kiddo

(the daw is well designed, its the actual sound processing that sucks)

Live10 in peer reviewed tests was the best performing DAW, with results that was absolutely inaudible to Pro Tools in terms of sample artifacts and AA among other criteria.

you are just misinformed.

agreed. i was saying reaper has bad sound processing compared to ableton.

No, i'm not. Mixing with plugs on your master is bad and you should feel bad. Your mix should be as close to "perfect" as possible without relying on your master chain.

learn to mix into your master chain

basically the first thing you should have in you session is your master chain. Your gonna give yourself a headache if you mix something first then add the master chain after.

share your music then. let me hear. i'll share one of my mixes too.

>Your gonna give yourself a headache if you mix something first then add the master chain after.
Absolutely disgusting. Idiocy. This board is an absolute shit show.
I did this last time, I made a mix in 2 hours and the first response was "this is the best post on /prod/".

I made a mix in 2 hours and the first response was "this is the best post on /prod/"

share it on here, tho. i cant go back in time to your old posts, this isnt reddit

i forgot to put a ">"

Literally not worth the hassle. I don't care if you want to make shit mixes by relying on your master chain, but to sell the idea to others is just nasty. Either you're an idiot or a piece of shit, pick one.

this is the best post on /prod/

A clyp.it upload takes 30 seconds. You could've uploaded in the time it took you to type.
You're full of shit.

Time for a new thread, lads.

f a g g o t

ah u got me

Unironically Reddit.

>"I made a mix in 2 hours and the first response was "this is the best post on /prod/"."

proof that he's just trolling. or hes delusional and thinks one autist's approval means he knows everything about mastering/mixing

this, i know we like to make fun of reddit, but its a huuuuge site, there's some really good info on that site (if you find the right subreddit)

where's my upvote, senpai?

woah, i tried to post the exact same thing (except instead of "senpai", i said "senpai) and Yea Forums glitched out. we posted at like the exact same time and your post kicked my post off the server. lol.

oh... wait...

apparently you cant use the shortended

I don't like the fake positivity on leddit

If you don't like fake positivity you're gonna have a really hard time networking in the music industry.

this is probably the only good advice in this thread

no for me its only for enjoyment i don't care about talking to faggots in the industry

>HOBBY GAAAAANG