Music setup and gets thread

Post gear you recently got or post your setup.

I got this receiver for free and wanted to hook it up (it's a pioneer vsx-502). And I just wanna use it with two speakers for music but I don't know if I'm plugging the speakers into the right place. There's inputs for front left and front right, back left and back right, one center, and left and right rear speakers. I tried plugging the copper wire into the front left and right first, but no sound would even come out. I now have it plugged into the rear left and right, and sound comes out but like it sounds kinda fucked.

Attached: vsx-502.jpg (948x932, 67K)

This is my old room. I've moved overseas so it's all basically in storage until I can get it all into a shipping container and send it hither.

Attached: panorama_03a.jpg (4522x1130, 1.14M)

OP it sounds like the reciever is set on a surround or ProLogic configuration. Make sure it's set to just plain stereo/2.0 and it should be fine. Also double check you got the speakers hooked up right.

bought 100 pieces of acoustic foam from china last month. still waiting

looks great. where did you move to/from. is that shipping container expensive? always wondered how people moves a bunch of shit overseas

I'm a fucken moron. There's an A and B set of front speakers; I had it plugged into A, and had to press a button cus it was set on B.

don't let a match near it if you can help it

from the eastern US to Aus. shipping container would have to go via a megafreighter through the panama canal and across the pacific. will be something like $10k and everything will have to be gassed for quarantine reasons. still worth it, i have a lot of stuff that just can't ever be replaced

aaah nice. yeah I used to have one just like that. enjoy!

Attached: IMGP9930.jpg (3405x2269, 1.64M)

OP back, have my shit working. Excuse the bags and bad cord management (if you have tips thatd be cool).

On top is a Technics SL-QD35 Direct drive, has clear sound and keeps perfect time so it's cool. Below that is a Pioneer VSX-502 reciever (before I was using an $80 Pyle that did the job, and for the turntable a $15 Pyle preamp), has a built in phono preamp which is better than what I was using. Next, which I got free along with the reciever, is a Pioneer PD-M552. It's a six CD changer which is kinda interesting to me because it uses a cartridge that you put the discs in, and put the cartridge in the player. I've never seen something like that, just usual modern automatic CD changers. Am glad everything works good.

Attached: 20190323_031944.jpg (3264x2448, 2.19M)

Looks good m8. Cable management isn't anything tricky, just do yourself a favor and bundle all the audio cables separate from any power cables (so there's not interference/noise). Other than that just keep the shit neat, makes it feel much more comfy when there isn't a snarl of wires hanging out the back like a prolapsed uterus. Those CD players are pretty neat, less mechanical shit to breakdown tbqh.

>Denon AVR-X22500H
>Focal audio Dome 5.1 speakers
That's all, not much, makes me happy

since 2002..it's fine

Attached: x257RX7020V_MT.jpg (1000x375, 61K)

I have that exact receiver, upgrading soon to a Denon X-1400H. Does yours introduce a low hiss while it's on to your speakers? I can't tell if I just have shitty old speakers or poor isolation or what.

Pic related is the new one

Attached: g033AVX1400-F.jpg (620x378, 22K)

And the back

Attached: x480-13281.png (975x480, 565K)

Any non-portable CD player recommendations?

Attached: Suruga_Kanbaru.png (600x800, 243K)

As long as it runs quietly enough and has a digital out, it really doesn't matter. You can probably pick up a cheap one on Craigslist, you should be spending more on the DAC it feeds into.

I spent an obscene amount of money refurbishing my receiver last year, but that's one of the big pitfalls with vintage equipment I guess. It was worth every penny though, it sounds fantastic.

Stupid fucking phone didn't post the pic

Attached: 20181120_151052.jpg (4032x3024, 3.17M)

Wow, looks great user. Are the lights yellow or is that plastic window yellowed out? Either way, killer receiver.

That's just the color the lights are.

where the FUCK does one get decent tapes at okay prices? I do almost all of my recording on retail-bought maxell UR, which is kind of fine, but high-quality or older tape is more fun.

Attached: sonybasf.jpg (1481x1111, 409K)

good tape is getting rare

you're going to have to pay like $10+ a tape for the good vintage brands (TDK SA PRO or Maxell XLII-S are probs the best)

maxell UR is just chinese tape

wait it's just tdk sa

you can get them on ebay for cheaper but you have no guarantee that they were stored correctly for 20 years

do you have any experience with the type of maxell ur pictured? a store is selling off a bunch of old stock, but from what I've read they're a mixed bag- some batches chinese, some better. 20USD for 12, with shipping included, so they're p. cheap.
will keep my eye out for TDK SA.

Attached: de95c5c4-25ff-11e4-86ac-0e395a692e18.jpg (700x442, 130K)

>that pic and that comfy cabin

I'm jelly.

>not getting Thats!