Do you prefer Sargent Pepper's or Abbey Road?

Do you prefer Sargent Pepper's or Abbey Road?
For me it's such a hard decision, they're great in their own ways.
Pepper is more groundbreaking and has higher hight points, but it is perhaps a little cluttered in parts. Both have songs that segue nicely into each other. I think I would say that Pepper has a better side A but Abbey Road has a better side B (that medley is really nice except for when they rhyme "money" with "funny").
What are your thoughts?

Attached: abbey.jpg (1000x1000, 204K)

I think abbey road takes it just for the medley at the end, otherwise its just a great pop album, but that medley is otherworldly

Abbey Road is second favorite Beatles album (Revolver first) so

Revolver has some songs that I really like but it also has some songs that I can't get into. I intend on listening to it more, hopefully it will grow on me.

I love Rubber Soul, though.

I think Something and especially Here Comes the Sun are standout too, though

Rubber Soul is probably my favorite beatles album, or at least close to it, but revolver is up there too, they perfectly blended their pop sound with psychedelia, it takes time to grow into, but its a really fantastic record
Harrison never disappoints

Harrison is also the only Beatle whose solo work I like. All Things Must Pass is a masterpiece, while Paul immediately went on to doing dadrock tier stuff (despite having the quirkiest material as a Beatle).

It's really jarring going from Abbey Road to any other Beatles album, that 8 track really did wonders for their sound

George Harrison never wrote anything as lame as "C Moon" or "Uncle Albert"

Yeah, Harrison was great in the band, and still never got to show what he was capable of, I'd really recommend giving Plastic Ono Band a listen, its very hit or miss with people, but I think its one of the best albums ever produced by any of them

I'm glad that they ditched the fake country/fake 50s music with Abbey Road. It's a nice compromise between the "overproduction" of Pepper and the "back to basics" of Let it Be

>he thinks uncle Albert is lame and not peak pop prog
I’ll pray for you

I'll give it a listen. I listened to Imagine and while I like the title track, the rest of the album seemed like either sleepy soft rock or sleepy 50s rock.

Does Harrison have any great albums after All Things Must Pass?

They can a bit poppy at times, but Living in the material world and his self tilted are stand outs for me, as for imagine, if you get into john's solo style its good, but you have to like that first

Did any of the of the Beatles do any good soul/funk work in their solo careers?

And do you think it would have been cool if The Beatles continued with Billy Preston as a member?

bump

George was so hot back in the day

Abbey Road, no question. Sgt. Pepper is probably the weakest of the Beatles' later albums, in my opinion. It's gimmicky, bloated, and half the songs just suck. Who could have possibly thought Good Morning and When I'm 64 were good ideas? With a Little Help From My Friends, Lucy in the Sky, and A Day in Life are really the only songs on the album that even compete with the music on their other later albums.

>beatles thread
this board really has gone reddit

I prefer MMT

you'd think someone with your infinite wisdom would've learned how to use filters by now

Sgt Pepper is consistently great whereas Abbey Road is not. I don't see what everyone thinks is so fucking great about the medley, it's like everyone just says it's a masterpiece because everyone else does.
Sgt Pepper and A Hard Days Night are the only truly great Beatles albums

When I'm Sixty-Four and Good Morning Good Morning are great whereas Lucy in the Sky and With a Little Help are amongst the weakest on the album. Your taste is puerile.