At what age did you grow out of your Shoegaze phase?

At what age did you grow out of your Shoegaze phase?

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KZH2AI8Bn2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=8kQbPVjYMu0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

im literally saving it you dunce. ill create Shoegaze 2.

right when i heard loveless. If you like muddy guitar tones, youre a fucking retard

I just turned 23 and am currently going through my heaviest shoegaze phase. What does this mean for my future?

Never gonna make it

Hopefully never, I'm always finding new and interesting shoegaze bands with a diverse range of guitar textures.

I haven't and i don't think i will any time soon

Attached: 0328183c09de61c13ba8ec0dbe2de979.jpg (339x604, 31K)

24 ;)

14 (went from shoegaze to japanoise)

I have never gotten into shoe gaze and that's tanks to Loveless
Everyone says it's the peak of shoe gaze and if is, I'm not interested in the genre
I hate that album, it actually hurt my ears and I'm not fucking joking. I was in agony listening to it

there's some dissimilar sounding shoegaze. my favorite non-mbv-ripoff is cranes - loved. (the name, however...)

shoegaze phase is still going strong, don't think i will outgrow it

I grew out of phases now I just listen to music

morphed into death doom phase

youtube.com/watch?v=KZH2AI8Bn2Y

It's not a "phase", I will like the shoegaze albums that I like forever. I hate most shoegaze btw

mfw he doesn't like loveless

Attached: 1553329428142.png (524x401, 162K)

>it's not a phase mom! I swear!

this

Alright I added it to my library

youtube.com/watch?v=8kQbPVjYMu0

I never had one. The whole thing sounds pretty memetic and honestly quite shoyu.

I think i listened to loveless first when i was 16 so right after i realized its best album in genre its when i grew out of it

Can't say I ever got "over" it, but I've been exploring/keeping up with it a lot less since realizing the massive gap in quality between acts like MBV and Cocteau Twins versus all the other acts in the scene.

cocteau twins are not even shoegaze

the chad transition

Dreampop falls under the shugazi umbrella.

more like the opposite considering dream pop had been established for years before shoegaze

Fair enough

Just now, after reading this post.
Thank you user, I have realized the error of my ways and have now moved on to planting my ear firmly against my refrigerator anytime I need to get my aural fix. Once that sound finally clicks, I will move on to vacuum cleaners. Then after a few years of that, maybe I will finally be ready to tackle Death Grips...

Shoegaze just keeps growing and growing on me
is it peak music?

>he hasn’t cycled back to top 40 pop hits yet
Keep listening to vacuums pleb

Don’t worry user we were all in high school too desu

Actually Shoegaze is coming back stronger than ever

I never had a shoegaze phase. I had a They Might Be Giants phase because I wasn't an angsty mutherfocker and I Like Fun.

what does any of that have to do with shoegaze?

Shoegaze is for angsty teens who take things too seriously. Of course, my post odes have very little to do with shoegaze beyond trying to start shit in a shoegaze thread.

>growing out of music you like
Kys pleb fuck

I never even grew into shoogays because I have good taste.

listening to loveless made not want to hear another shoegaze track ever again

when i listened to loveless, loved it and then realized no other album in the genre even comes close to being as good
shoegaze as a genre is completely devoid of good albums/artists aside from a couple of songs here and there

both crystallize and turnaround by tokyo shoegazer are pretty good
that's about it though
no idea how no one has been able to improve upon or even replicate an album released in 1991

kek

it was so crappy no one wanted to try