It’s long been known that Jimi Hendrix and Miles Davis were making plans to record together the year before...

>It’s long been known that Jimi Hendrix and Miles Davis were making plans to record together the year before Hendrix’s death in 1970, but it turns out the pioneering guitarist and jazz trumpeter were hoping that Paul McCartney would join them on bass. Hendrix, Davis and jazz drummer Tony Williams sent a telegram on Oct. 21, 1969, to the Beatles‘ Apple Records, hoping to get McCartney in for a session.

What if Jimi didn't die and this became a thing?

Attached: D7525FE6-CC60-4E9D-BCFD-F980B8DD8DA0-38866-0000282818D0F1CF.jpg (620x387, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ehqKpPmVcK4
youtube.com/watch?v=S008kVfN8Fg
youtu.be/dH6dscIKkYo
youtube.com/watch?v=0d_Wv-gkHts
youtu.be/V-WlJ3ZXZc4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It would have completely distracted from Johns solo career and normies would know Paul was the artistic genius

artistic genius
youtube.com/watch?v=ehqKpPmVcK4

I love Wings but an alternate timeline where 70s Paul is pushing the boundaries of music with Hendrix and Davis would've been absolutely incredible.

>artistic genius
>responsable for Obladi, Oblada

Attached: 1551215898884.jpg (820x485, 85K)

Reminder that the b-side to this was an 10 minute piece of neo-psych prog electronic exotica

youtube.com/watch?v=S008kVfN8Fg

Yes. Paul likes simple and carefree lyrics, but he is a musical genius. If he had gone from John to Davis/Hendrix, he would be recognized for it

Should've gone with Jack Bruce.

look i was just fucking around, but the lyrics are the least offensive thing in that song

I agree with you user I was just messing around. I do think Paul is indeed a musical genius (John was a better songwriter though).

I've always suspected that one of the reasons critics hated Paul in the 70s was, being journalists, they focused far more on lyrics than music.

Yeah, exactly, a great example of his genius.
Lennon was too much of an edgelord to do anything like that, plus musically it's aged much better than most of Lennon's shit, and is more ambitious in production.

Based Paul, especially when compared to what the other three Beatles were doing at the time.

>plus musically it's aged much better than most of Lennon's shit

I disagree completely. Every Lennon song in Beatles catalog aged like fine wine, while some McCartney songs didn't.

One of the reasons Lennon/McCartney worked so well is because they both counteracted the others worst instincts. John was dark and offensive without Paul (listen to Sometime in New York City for the worst example). Sexy Sadie originally went “Maharishi, you little shit. Who the fuck do you think you are? Who the fuck do you think you are? Oh you cunt.” Paul fixed it up. However, Paul’s lyrics often improved do to Johns poetic background (even Johns worst songs usually have nice lyrics. John wouldn’t have allowed “I acted like a dustbin lid” to be sang

what would this even sound like

This is unironically proto-house

Are you saying John didn't write cheerful music? Have you ever listened to A Hard Day's Night, Hey Bulldog or Lucy In The Sky? John just wasn't nowhere as corny as Paul.

Jazz-blues, jazz fusion

okay i have to give his props for this

>even Johns worst songs usually have nice lyrics
This is so true. I think John is one of the best lyricists ever, like top 10.

HI GEORGE

How did he make such an incredible album just messing around in the studio?

Attached: 54DD832C-1398-40AA-B477-2832475F2D56-38866-000028333B51E2C0.jpg (320x322, 112K)

youtu.be/dH6dscIKkYo

based paul

youtube.com/watch?v=0d_Wv-gkHts

I dare you to name a catchier Beatles solo song.

I can't.

Even John, who used to always shit on solo Paul, loved this song. It’s just too good.

The song inspired John to come out of retirement and start recording again

youtu.be/V-WlJ3ZXZc4