What's your thought on Weezer?

What's your thought on Weezer?

Attached: 61pAyFJQ43L._SL1400_.jpg (1400x1388, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AIK3C8OnG7o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pdcCByv2XII
m.youtube.com/watch?v=b9d6tWFdzJI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They should've stayed in the garage

fpbp

Their best album was never released

Ride or Die for weezer. Hurlygang

their first 2 albums are really, really good, green album is decent and everything else is somehow total garbage

White and Make Believe are good too.

woops I meant White and EWBAITE

really white is? I missed it when it came out and then hear pacific daydream and decided to never listen to anything they released post 2000 ever again, but maybe I'll give it a listen
I can dig EWBAITE, not quite love it, but can dig it

White is their 3rd best album

White is definitely the closest to 90's weezer

shite

really? ill check it out for sure

Pinkerton>Ozma's Rock and Roll Pt. 3>Blue>White>My Alternate Red Tracklist>Green>Maladroit>EWBAITE>Actual Red Album>Make Believe>Black>Pacific Daydream>Hurley>Raditude

The red album is easily better than pinkerton and the green album

Based and redpilled

only if its my version of the red album

Lots of Anthony fantanbots in here

Maladroit 3rd best album

If you're talking about White being their 3rd best album that is a common opinion.

This is fact, it's a shame it was posted by a tripfag. Oh well.

>S/T (Blue Album)
Got me through highschool. Perfect for those nostalga feels. Perfectly assembled record.

>Pinkerton
First listen: confused. Fifth listen: amazed. In my top 10 albums ever.

>S/T (Green Album)
Blatant attempt at poppy/radio friendly album, yet still enjoyable.

>Maladriot
Most underrated of their discography. A couple guitar licks on this thing are god-tier.

>Make Believe
Plebian. Perfect Situation is amazing, though.

>S/T (Red Album)
I DON'T GIVE A HOOT ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK.

>Raditude
At least the dog on the cover art looks like he's having fun

>Hurley
Underwhelming, but Unspoken is in my top 5 Weezer tracks.

>Everything Will Be Alright in the End
Good. That's it.

>S/T (White Album)
Refreshing, relatable, enjoyable. Best cohesive album from Weezer since 2000.

>Pacific Daydream
No

>S/T (Teal Album)
Be honest with yourself. It was fun.

>S/T (Black Album)
Disappointment on an advanced level.

Attached: rivers-cuomo-weezer-body-1257761273.jpg (1200x900, 206K)

Green is their most boring album imo, every song is too similar.

you're right. it isn't memorable at all, but it's a fun record.

What's your version of the Red Album?

Island in the sun and Hash Pipe make it a solid record, doesnt even matter about the other tracks

That's debatable. In my mind, a solid record can't rely on the potency of one or two hits.

Those songs are ok, I never really listen to them or the green album at all, I actually listen to Pacific Daydream more.

Blue and Green album are solid. Pinkerton is hot garbage and is not even real emo.

Attached: 37095551_1859943814061671_230874961974132736_n.jpg (901x1126, 130K)

>not even real emo.
word, emo is garbage and pinkerton is good

>Weezer (Black Album)
Surprisingly enjoyed it quite a bit upon it's release, already completely bored of it.

>Weezer (Teal Album)
The worst thing that Weezer has ever released.

>Weezer (White Album)
Overrated. A pleasant listen every once in a while, but it's schtick grows old fast.

>Everything Will Be Alright In The End
Fantastic album. Great from start to finish.

>Hurley
It sounds like an Epitaph records album. Feels weird to even rank it amongst Weezer's discography.

>Raditude
Can't Stop Partying is the only good song. The rest is laughably bad.

>Weezer (Red Album)
Has some of their best material and some of their worst material. Definitely a mixed bag, but their most interesting release by far.

>Make Believe
Not embarrassing in the way that Raditude is, but so fucking boring.

>Maladroit
Their third best album. This album fucking rules. Slob is the best Weezer song hands down.

>Weezer (Green Album)
Every song on here sounds super familiar when listening to the album, but then when I'm not listening to the album I can't remember a single song other than the singles. Pretty forgettable.

>Pinkerton
Best.

>Weezer (Blue Album)
Second best.

it tries so hard and fails at sounding like a remotely good album

Attached: sco4gandejkx.png (578x301, 43K)

It has their best melodies, ever

First album was great. Instant classic. Rest is absolute garbage.

A fellow Hurleygang member??

EWBAITE is their best album lol

I've only ever heard the blue album. I really like the blue album.

For me it's Songs From The Black Hole

I refuse to listen to music made by people that look like that.

How about this?

Attached: redweezer.png (600x600, 336K)

official ranking:
1. pink
2. blue
3. white
4. red
5. black
6. green
7. maladroit
8. hurley
9. raditude
10. make believe
i didnt put teal in there because who cares

this desu, album gets shit on way more than it deserves. yeah the songs written by the other band mates aren't particularly strong but the rest of the album is solid. also i think it helped that i always just assumed that the cringey lyrics were ironic because of the delivery, so i never really saw it as a negative thing.

for real though, angel and the one is the closest they've come to making a song that comes even close to Only in Dreams

Red is my favorite

very good tier (7,5/10)
>Pinkerton
>Blue

kinda good tier (6,5/10)
>Maladroit
>EWBAITE
>White
>Green

half decent/hit & miss tier (5,5/10)
>Red
>Hurley

shit tier
>the rest

every picture I've seen of these guys makes me cringe.

Leave this board and do not come back

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AIK3C8OnG7o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pdcCByv2XII
m.youtube.com/watch?v=b9d6tWFdzJI

first 2 albums from them are undoutly their best but why does "make believe" and later weezer so much hate?

Attached: ioio.png (600x600, 687K)

Their only good albums are

Pinkerton > Blue > EWBAITE > White > Green

Maladroit is at least on par with Green

why?

>YOU TRY TO PLAY IT COOL LIKE YOU JIST DON'T CARE
>BUT SOON I'LL BE PLAYING IN YOUR UNDERWEAR

absolutely based and the most correct thing I have read in this thread, but i would say black has some staying power, im just being honest is a pretty great track, and the album goes to some interesting and unexpected sonic territories.

Attached: 6ghTVGp.png (451x419, 281K)

blue pinkerton green are good ewbaite white hurley are okay i hate everything else
my friend keeps trying to get me to listen to maladroit
songs from the black hole is fucking amazing

I feel like people should've liked EWBAITE more. It feels like a true conclusion to the Blue Album sound, not just in the obvious lyrical self awareness so much as just musically. It's really their best version of that sound productionally and instrumentally (before they moved on to a more modern pop style of production), and just taking all the best things from their songwriting up to that point and putting them into these songs. And most importantly the quirkiness and character is there from Blue. The British Are Coming does it for me, or I've Had It Up To Here give that lyrical identity that drew me to Weezer in the first place. And I think that songs like The Futurescope Trilogy of Foolish Father show that they can have these sort of epic songs like Only In Dreams or Holiday, and even stand next to them or surpass them. I think Futurescope Trilogy is their most instrumentally impressive song ever, and has the most original structure of anything they've written. It's like a perfect sendoff to that era of their sound. I feel like people just look it as them getting back to form, but I think the material is exceptional and is the last Weezer album to have no weak material on it.

IT'S NO MYSTERYYYYYYY

Where's sloan nigga?

NICE TAKE bro, never saw it as an extension of the blue album but your comment has opened my eyes, it is quite similar in structure, interesting stuff. i absolute love eulogy for a rock band, foolish father, the British are coming, da vinci, great songs.

Attached: 800e5a951e839e2bc06082f07322fa9f.jpg (480x360, 16K)

O shit and forgot, the thing is Green was just instantly more boring and sterile. Like every song is a straight drum beat and distorted chords with vocal melodies. Aka pretty uninteresting, especially coming from the varied Blue and Pinkerton. EWBAITE also is varied and refreshing unlike Green in my opinion.

I also think it's interesting how both have historical songs, Blue having My Name Is Jonas, and EWBAITE having Cleopatra and The British Are Coming. It's something I liked on Blue that seemed to just not happen again until EWBAITE.