New person at work claims they don't like music at all

>new person at work claims they don't like music at all
>asked them "surely there's SOME music out there you like?"
>they reply "no, it never clicked with me. I just find it really boring"
Is it even humanly possible to dislike music? Sure, indifference to it is understandable, but flat out disliking it? And no, this person wasn't just saying that so I'd stop talking to them, mind you.

What do you folks think?

Attached: look at that subtle off-white coloring, the tasteful thickness of it... oh my god, it even has a wat (265x265, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CTobovkjkvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sounds like a patrician to me

yeah, i think it is. i do find it weird though because it seems most people listen to music on a daily basis or at least regularly. however dont think its as uncommon as you might think for someone to be totally disenterested in music

I don't like music either

All art is stupid and pointless.

probably the type of person who eats bagels plain :)

true

I met an autistic guy who said music with words hurt his head so he only listened to classical.

There's a recognized disorder called amusia, and it's a trait that can be acquired at birth. The affected person cannot process pitch or rhythm, so even the most structured music essentially sounds like random, scattered noises to them. So yes, it's absolutely possible to outright dislike music as a whole.

I would have thought this was crazy a few years ago myself, but then I kind of just got sick of listening to anything and embraced sitting in absolute silence. It is entirely possible for people to not give a rat's ass about music.

Do they like merzbow?

music sucks lol

Music is just people making noises for attention. Really distracting and kind of embarassing if you ask me. I put music up there with alcohol and drugs not in the sense they are equally distructive for your health, but that they distract you from productive activity that really requires a lot of analysis. I think more analytical minds can find music to be nauseating and irritating like you would a crying child desperate for attention to be a distraction.

Why are you on a music forum then

OH MY GOD JOHN, IS THIS YOU?
I WAS THE NEW GUY AND I FELT TOO EMBARRASSED TO ADMIT I LIKE SHOEGAZE, OK? YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE A Yea Forums THREAD ABOUT IT.

holy shit, i think OP is gonna lose his job now.

fuck you I just got fired

Mods!

that person has autism. pretty sure he collects miniature trains.

life is stupid and pointless.

youre a monkey coming up with word combinations for (you)s. no difference. also music will get you laid, words in a forum dont.

end my life

I knew a guy that said stuff like that. He was nuts and gave me a knife as a gift after I let him have my copy of The Mask novelization

This is accurate.

My brother's like that, says music doesn't affect him emotionally at all. What's interesting is that we both took piano lessons as children for the same number of years and while I became a fairly good amateur he still played like a five year old until he was allowed to quit. We're equally intelligent so it's a bit strange. Maybe tone deafness of something like that?

>listening to music
>letting another human being's sound waves penetrate your ear canal
just how fucking gay can you be?

I reluctantly forced myself to find music I liked just to not be this guy

I'm a brainlet who listens to music daily

I'm more interested in getting (you)s than in getting laid

You're welcome

sounds like they were just saying that so you'd stop talking to them

that would just make all music sound patrician

It is possible to dislike consuming some types of art but not all. I don't really enjoy movies

the experience of beauty for its own sake enriches your life though, few people are or would like to be in analytical mode at all times

Ive started to hate music with age and maturity

Art is useless and pointless, but that's what lets it be good

but even if you dont enjoy consuming them you must have some sort of respect for the artform and what they're accomplishing through the medium

you just became a bore.

That's exactly what I was thinking. OP seems like the kind of retard that would spend the whole day talking about how much he likes music and asking people around if they've watched the new fantano review. The coworker was probably done.

ok dad

Why are you projecting all of that on OP? All he said is that he had a conversation with a coworker about it, not that he gives them an auditory waterboarding about it.

This. All new music starts sounding terrible and all music you liked before starts gradually sounding like tired and naive nostalgia.

Nice try OP, but we know it's you.

I swear on my waifu that I'm not OP.

This.
You're an idiot. I bet you're from "that" board too.

you're probably just listening to childish stuff
put on something serious like bach or gary glitter and see how you make out

Based Plato

exactly. fuck these plens music never gets "boring"

youtube.com/watch?v=CTobovkjkvg

>new person at work claims they don't like sports at all
>asked them "surely there's SOME sports out there you like?"
>they reply "no, it never clicked with me. I just find it really boring"
Is it even humanly possible to dislike sports? Sure, indifference to it is understandable, but flat out disliking it? And no, this person wasn't just saying that so I'd stop talking to them, mind you.

What do you folks think?

>What do you folks think?
That your comparison is kind of retarded and this is coming from someone who is a total sportsfag.