Finding out that Shinji canonically listens to XTC has increased my love for the show

Finding out that Shinji canonically listens to XTC has increased my love for the show

Attached: 1553218242203.jpg (600x450, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6qXxOSYZi7U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rick & Morty for nips.

Not even close. They have no similarities other than some 2deep fags.

The thing is Evangelion was released before Skylarking so the dude who put the XTC reference must of been a fan of Drum and Wires.

of course, ever hear the track making plans for Nigel?

Skylarking was 1986, Eva was 1996

was just rewatching some clips of the show and holy shit is it pretentious. what a mess of a story. cool fights though.

>watches 'clips' of an unconventionally artsy show
>seems like a mess
Sounds right.

what's with the recent influx of NGE threads on Yea Forums? you guys just watch it or something?

I've watched it all the way through twice already. The recommended clips on Youtube only served as a reminder of what a shitjob it does at story telling.

inb4 that's not the point! muh existentialism!

If I wanted to get lectured on that topic I would just go read about it myself instead of making a whole contrived plot on why you need Adam's and Lilith's souls and bodies to begin the Instrumentality Project which is not even explained in the anime but in a fucking video game instead.

nge isn't deep and isn't trying to be anything it's not. stop listening to these fucking retards.

>If I wanted to get lectured on that topic I would just go read about it myself instead of making a whole contrived plot on why you need Adam's and Lilith's souls and bodies to begin the Instrumentality Project which is not even explained in the anime but in a fucking video game instead.

Doesn't this get explained in End of Evangelion?

welp im autistic. i dont remember but i did some digging way back and came back with that conclusion. well i think its safe to say the xtc logo is obviously a reference to drums and wires.

we're going back to our roots to keep zoomers out, or keep the board/site culture intact

Attached: 68736-1476585733839.jpg (507x503, 38K)

It does. That dude’s just a retard

Oh well in that case you're doing great work user
[spoiler] Misato best girl [/spoiler]

shinji listens to linkin park exclusively

>misato
that's a very funny way of spelling asuka

Attached: 1522794668801.jpg (560x577, 35K)

It just came out (redubbed) on netflix. Can you imagine the cancer? They are zoomers, watch dubbed anime and watch timeless classics 20 years too late on the worst streaming (((platform))) out there.

I can respect an Asuka man, but the Reifags I have no time for

Attached: 1453761348713.png (1920x1080, 1.67M)

>Not Shinji
Come on nigga, we all know the perfect waifu is Shinji. Wonderful cook, cute, will go berserk and rip and tear. Would marry/10

your waifu is an NPC

Attached: 1552687457058.png (1080x4000, 3.08M)

oh holy fuck is this why I've seen normies who have never posted about anime before sharing nge memes?

>Rei is an individual
she's literally a clone you dumb cuck

BASED
I wish I had that rei toilet bowl pic
gay
mental gymnastics to cope with his waifu being a literal sex doll

Attached: q5QSzixJ.jpg (512x512, 44K)

>gay
Like that's going to stop me, kraut.

shinji is a good boy not for corrupt gay lewd
>asuka
is my wife and I'm going to make 9 kids with her
inb4 kaworufags enter the thread

>kaworufags
I fucking hate them. Would be happier if Shinji was a girl, but still the mannerism and attitude is perfect. I can adopt the clones as my kids.

>if I wanted x in my art I would just study the topic academically
brainletism. Topics in art are approached in art-form as expressions of life and people, not cold studies.

What an elaborate bait. I fell on it to be honest.
I'd say that's a pretty superficial analysis of both characters, but I'm too lazy to respond with high levels of autism.

Even if you're wrong, the best XTC albums are the first 4.
Skylarking is a great pop album, but lacks the passion and energy of the first 4 albums.

Attached: Eva_GoS_mana_towel.jpg (740x400, 38K)

Well shit, never thought I'd agree with a Manafag, but good sir you hit it on the nose.

Someone's forgetting the god tier direction
Someone's forgetting that the things happening in the real world are purely secondary, and the moment to moment plot isn't the point anyway
Someone's forgetting that it's not even hard to understand on a rewatch

Well, it's official now.
June 21 is the date Evangelion launches on Netflix.
Are you ready for the influx of zoomers who will watch it for the first time?

Attached: EVA051.jpg (962x2048, 183K)

When I first found out about it I was really happy that someone had got the license for Eva before it clicked for me that that someone was Netflix

it's a good strategy though.
especially considering Anno is probably gonna launch a proper trailer for Rebuild 4 this year.

I love it when art introduces concepts such as the ones explored in NGE but they should act in concert with the plot and world you have created. Maybe they could've done a better job at concluding the series if they had the time and budget.

I never said the other aspects were bad. I still like it quite a bit.

>the moment to moment plot isn't the point anyway
Why bother making up this convoluted as fuck story then? You could cut the time of show that contains all the world building and subplots. Why have all of that in the first place if you're not going to bother to properly explain all of it? I don't mean with exposition scenes but within the actual show.

>Someone's forgetting that it's not even hard to understand on a rewatch
Yeah, some stuff is easier to understand on rewatch but there's a shiton of stuff that's left up in the air. To the point that to this day 20 years later a lot of people can't agree on what many things mean or what they are.

Why do I need a movie and other media to know what the fuck is actually happening?

>Why do I need a movie and other media to know what the fuck is actually happening?
Because they literally ran out of money while in production and EoE is widely considered the true canonical ending to the franchise

the fanbase is gonna become even shittier because of it. all of the new fans are probably going to be twitter teens who think depression is a personality trait.

Attached: 1537762755464.png (176x152, 34K)

>all of the new fans are probably going to be twitter teens who think depression is a personality trait.
That's Shinji though

That's best case scenario.
Worst case scenario the western audience doesn't get it and accuses Evangelion of being problematic.

>To the point that to this day 20 years later a lot of people can't agree on what many things mean or what they are.

Is this supposed to be a bad thing? Cause if so you’re dumb as hell.

Why would that be bad? It wouldn't affect anything. Anime fans don't give a shit, Japan doesn't give a shit, the show has been out for two decades, it's not gonna get "canceled".

>this is a possible outcome
is there any way that we can stop Netflix before it's too late?

How is this a good thing, you fucking retard?

>Anno
>Rebuild
RRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grrr why are things so hard to understand!1!

Attached: 1523507288195.jpg (250x250, 13K)

>Why would that be bad?
Just annoying.

Just because NGE lends itself to a variety of interpretations, it doesn’t mean it’s a weak point. There are many great works of art where a lot of people can’t agree on many of the things in them mean. e.g the novel Ulysses, the film Persona, the poem Self Portrait in a Convex Mirror, the works of Nietszche, etc etc

Ok, no waifu fighting or shit for a moment. We're about to fucking Zoomers watch Evangelion. We need to stand side by side against them. I don't care if Reifags are annoying as hell, or Asukafags are too smug for their own good, or you don't like his waifu. We need to stand together. It us against them.

While I agree with your argument I will have to disagree that NGE pulls it out nicely most of the time.

OR you could stop being a faggot and realize that Evangelion is exactly the type if thing zoomers need to see right now.

Ritsuko best girl

going to butt in for a second to point out that Revolutionary Girl Utena, the second most well known "art" anime behind NGE, also has several different levels of meaning and interpretations that people still argue about
also inb4 "the show is liberal so it's bad"

asuka best gril

Attached: 1541299109493.jpg (1431x1073, 213K)

rgu isnt liberal at all

I dated this younger girl who you would probably call a zoomer, her favorite anime was eva. idk why you think they haven't already found it

Fine I'll admit it. Asuka was my first weeboo waifu. Happy now?

how old is she? I feel like people have different definitions of zoomer

it's very firmly feminist and there are Marxist undertones. sure, it's not really liberal in the strictest sense, but I live in the US so that's the first word that comes to mind

Since we're on Yea Forums... the Evangelion OSTs are fucking amazing.
Pic related is kino.

Attached: Eva_bunkamura.jpg (500x500, 110K)

19 now, 18 at the time

happier than I should be

Attached: 1334832999054.png (1109x960, 1.53M)

I’m not saying it does, but saying that because it can be interpreted in several way automatically = bad is a literal brainlet thing to say

>Marxist
>liberal
oh boy you should try that discussion in russia

Attached: 1331713906232.jpg (355x373, 80K)

again, I'm Americuck, liberal means anything even slightly smelling of EU government and anything so much as toeing the line of humanism

I agree. The only anime OST I still listen too. Truthfully, feel in love with her when she fought the MP models. The fucking aggression, god damn. Perfection.

>The only anime OST I still listen too
I wouldn't go that far, but yeah Eva OSTs are amazing.
If you like it, you should listen to the Nadie/The Secret of Blue Water OST, also by Shiro Sagisu.
Also Kare Kano.

Attached: Nadia3.jpg (1072x1303, 283K)

Marxism isn’t liberal but that’s probably the one of the dumbest things you could say.

Marxism isn’t liberal because it carries out the reductio ad absurdum of classical and liberal economics. But to say that it isn’t liberal because people in post-soviet Russia would say it is irrelevant.

>inb4 but but the marxism ruined russia
A certain application of a certain interpretation of Marx’s theories by certain individuals in certain historical circumstances is what did that, not Marxism per se.

>forgetting about the Kimi No Na Wa, Koe No Katachi, Utena, Madoka, and countless other OST's
>Marxism isn't liberal because it's too liberal
please elaborate, I am very confused

I'll give it a try, thanks user.

I didn't forget, although I didn't watch Kimi no na wa or Madoka. Utena's OST is amazing and I recommend the albums by the artists, J.A. Seazer.
I could also recommend the Honneamise no tsubasa/Royal Space Force OST (by Ryuichi Sakamoto and Koji Ueno, no less), Tokyo Godfathers (by Keiichi Suzuki) or any of the OSTs Susumu Hirasawa worked in (although Berserk, while probably his most famous anime work, is kind of disappointing, or at least, I think not enough of his music was used, even "Forces" was just used as the "next episode" theme, should have been the opening theme or ending)
But yeah there's a lot of good anime OSTs, too many to count.

Attached: Honneamise_soundtrack.jpg (360x360, 62K)

What? You do realize the point of a reductio is to disprove a statement (in this case a group of theories), right? What Marx does in Das Kapital is take these theories (such as the labor theory of value) to their extremes to show how logically they would result in their own contradictions.

even if you never watch Madoka, Symposium Magarum and Connect (the OP) are godlike, and for Kimi No Na Wa, you can't go wrong with any track, but the popular ones are Dream Lantern, Zenzenzense, Katawaredoki, Sparkle, and Nandemonaiya
I apologize for bringing my retardation to the thread

also, if you happen to listen to those tracks on YouTube but still want to watch either anime unspoiled, stay out of the comments

its okay bro, we’re all retarded here

What does Andy Partridge think of all this? Has he watched Evangelion at all?

Attached: shinji_xtc.jpg (240x180, 20K)

based OST fags

Post-soviet russia has nothing to do with it, you'd get frowned upon by anyone who knows basic definitions anywhere in europe for saying that marxism is liberalism in any sense. Pulling fancy latin out of your ass won't fix your ignorance. And marxism-leninism anything but ruined russia, you tryhard liberal.

The best albums are from Drums and Wires to Skylarking

is this a new meme?
He definitely does not, you can literally hear what he is listening at some scenes and it's just generic 80s japanese pop

there

the t-shirt part is real but he doesn't listen to it, not in the series

This, obviously hedgehog syndrome is just a metaphor for being too patrician for plebeians.
youtu.be/6qXxOSYZi7U

Attached: R-677617-1368645526-6744.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 88K)

you probably love Marvel and masturbate with the Avengers movies

shut the fuck up faggot why are speculating something so trivial as that. you're like that little faggot who goes up to people who wear loop zoop shirts and call them out for not listening to them.

I always felt like it was quiet enough/indistinguishable enough to leave room for interpretation. why pick the most boring option?

now I am rei fan asuka suck