Used to hate nu-metal as a teen

>used to hate nu-metal as a teen
>now I actually started enjoying it unironically

Attached: topsters2 (4).jpg (892x630, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SMx2dFjXpJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

See? Nu-Metal isn't for teens after all.

BRR BRR DENG

I started getting into nu metal at like 20 years old, it kicks ass and it's so much fun. I love the emphasis on the rhythm section and especially bass a lot of these bands have.

L.D. 50 still has to be my favorite.

you went backwards

Check out asking Alexandria, reckless and relentless

There is one decent record on that list. Of course you started enjoying nu-metal, there's a real nu-metal revival going on and you want to seem cool. Your taste is shite mate. See through your bullshit. Go talk about how Vein is the future of hardcore on your way to Spencer's Gifts, fucker.

Total opposite for me. Loved it growing up but now I can't stomach it. Slipknot and Mudvayne are the only exceptions.

I have this theory forming, that nu metal is a terrible style, but it can let interesting, unconventional voices really shine.

It basically breaks the mould and breaks taboos of both metal and alternative rock by placing the emphasis on rhythm more than melody, and by incorporating hip hop elements. It basically breaks the rules.

By doing that, it gave Korn the freedom to really realize their vision, with Jon Davis' mentally ill, paranoid vocals, and Fieldy's great bass. It also gave the SOAD guys the freedom to fuse West Asian melodies and prog rock into alt metal. And it let extreme metal pioneers Sepultura get both creepier and more tribal.

The problem is the people who didn't have visions like that. Limp Bizkit just used the form to fuse mediocre post-grunge hard rock with terrible rapping (same with Crazy Town). Linkin Park were in essence an angsty pop band, and they basically used the form to put out lots of annoying, lackluster pop music.

>There is one decent record on that list.
If you say it's System of a Down or Deftones I'll smack you.

I still love to listen to She & Him

anyone else?

Not him but SOAD is easily the only good band on there. Deftones only good good after White Pony

Yeah I still enjoy nu-metal too.But I always loved more alternative metal than "regular" metal.

It's Deftones, but really the whole record is carried by Be Quiet and Drive.

How did anyone ever like Mudvayne?

They have great singles.
*DING*

Which are? I remember Not Falling and Happy are the only ones that got any play on my local radio station and I've obviously heard Dig but they're all awful songs. I have no reason to believe there's much below the surface of this band

To put Static-X on the same chart as SOAD, KoRn and Deftones is fucking blastphemy. I remember buying their album in HMV and not even being able to pretend to like its shitty, cringey content.

I used to listen to Static-X 10 years ago
Still cringing at the thought

Attached: 1545897354181.jpg (270x285, 11K)

Korn is pretty good

Sevendust is kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=SMx2dFjXpJ0

Death Blooms and Nothing To Gein are good