Anyone knows how much money would one make making live dj sets for a small audience? I released music in the past...

Anyone knows how much money would one make making live dj sets for a small audience? I released music in the past, on aphex twin's record label, I wonder if I released a new album anyone would show up and I could do that for a living or it's a waste of time? I never bothered making a career out of it it was a one time thing. I thought there was no point because it barely pays worth my time but I never asked actually how much one would make. I guess my "cache" is similar yo that Dave Monolith which is no longer around (he had cool tunes too bad). It would be laptop dj set for me tho.

Attached: pp22.jpg (200x200, 9K)

If you think music is a waste of time if you can't make money off it you should give up because it will be.

lol you don't get, i have made music making no money, im just asking if live sets in my case would make sense or you need to be legit famous to make any money doing that

protip: think before next post

This. If the only reason you're making music is for the money, you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

You'll make money during live sets, yes. Selling albums alone will get you nothing.

holy shit, i never made music because of money you dumb f*ck. if i wanted to make money I would have made mainstream music.

but how much is it realistic to expect? i dont wan to get ripped off.

I find it funny for aspiring musicians to act as if money and time doesnt exist. you should know theres a lot of people waiting to rip you off in the so called music industry.

>you dumb f*ck
This isn't the Miiverse you underage little faggot, you can swear here.

Attached: 1427847230656.gif (150x148, 930K)

>but how much is it realistic to expect?
How am I supposed to know? There are variable factors involved here.

>hurr look at me I released music on Rephlex
>but I'm toatally anonymoose tho :)
>don't bother guessing who I am! ;) teehee
>i-it's not like I memorized thousands of little factoids about one of the actual artists on Rephlex so I could pretend to be them on the 4chinz...or anything :/
this is going to be Yea Forums's "Dane Dehaan AMA" isn't it?

Attached: extremely unimpressed pepe.jpg (400x388, 35K)

If this is trackermatte (I say that because of monolith comparison), I would be very likely to go to a show if I knew about it.

please continue to make music and when it's finished, promptly keep it on your computer in a password-protected zipped folder so even if it leaks, no one will hear it because it's garbage.
alternatively, move the files to a CD and then pulverize the CD into a fine powder, then snort the powder and kys

>if i wanted to make money I would have made mainstream music.
>Rephlex
I'd say you already do

Attached: smug lady.jpg (1374x1425, 391K)

so you released music on rephlex but you don't know how live music events work, and now you ask on Yea Forums of all places? Not buying it.
post one of your tracks

Nobody get gigs/money on the Idm Braindance scene anymore

would you really come? how I do get people booking me? I have no social media, I really hate the marketing part which is why i also never bothered, so lol at claiming i made music to make money

where else im supposed to ask this? nobody outside of Yea Forums knows about this music afaik lol

for a fact? so i guess i will not bother

I see ceephax getting plenty of gigs but the guy a great showman and uses tons of gear

i dont know if the more obscure artists are getting any gigs

kek

and for those that think im larping im not

I released just a small amount of work so I wonder if anyone gives a fuck

I literally dont know anyone or any other place to ask but this website

I thought anyone that makes a living from doing small gigs would know how tf that works

Post your tunes. You've peaked my interest.
Also, just go on social media and chat up people. I know a fairly known DJ and house producer that did that and now he's playing Ibiza, Tomorrowland and similar festivals. Connections are your priority.

What do you need to dj at boiler room?

Ceephax lives under his brother Tom shadow. His live sets are shit. poor work put in. Drunken Acid?

Why didn't you ask Aphex Twin about this when you had the chance?

On the off chance you are not larping, my shitty small town band (laptop and two singers dressed like monsters), who has no following can still get about $400 for a show. But we have to split that three ways. Even with very little name recognition, there is a little bit of money to be made in live events. Not a lot. Charge 10 dollars a ticket, get 20 people to show up that's $200 dollars. Ask for a guarantee of $200 from the venue, it works out. Of course, they'll stop booking you if you only draw 20 people, but with the name recognition of Aphex Twin, probably 40 people is not hard with a little leg work. If you keep at it, your audience grows in multiples Which means it sucks at first, and then gets much better with each bit of effort you put into it. No one cares about musicians that don't promote themselves, no matter how good you are. But self-promotion is also not impossible.

Bogdan Raczynski has released some stuff under Rephlex (and his stuff is fuckin awesome) a few years ago, still a fairly unknown musician, but Bogdan is going to release a new album, and hes going to play at a fuckton of gigs

if he makes any amount of money with these gigs idk but he does it so if your stuff is really good then im pretty sure some people would hit you up i guess

This is interesting because I am Bogdan Raczynski. Basically the entire Rephlex roster is in this thread.

but he is a HOUSE dj

im not going to be making any money compared to those lamestream festivals, i just wanted to know if its viable to do this for a decent living

how do you get venues to book you? i have no fucking social media and hate self promotion thats the problem, but i would enjoy dj sets

so where teh fuck is CYLOB??

What the fuck.
Also, dude, IDM doesn't sell. And as I said, you need connections for that. Otherwise start making house and techno, it's not bad music.

I have no idea how you get people to come, as in my book you're possibly the most underappreciated artist in the history of electronic music.

The WATMM crowd fucked itself into obscurity with all its Francis Bacon shit. Kind of feels like a big "fuck you" to anyone not in on it. Had to get that off my chest, sorry.

And do something about the Zheani thing imo. Worse PR than you realize.

Attached: 15415674767991.jpg (500x500, 57K)

someone call yee king

also some jackasses have stolen my name on every social media already

i respect a man who uses cardboard

also prove to us by sharing a new track

mark my words i will be bigger than the beatles one day

www.instagram.com/aphextwin who the fuck is this?

>peaked
T. Burger

Attached: HGlr1BY.jpg (600x801, 44K)

hello I am beyonce

can anyone pls tell me how to book shows? thx in advance

where steinvord at tho

he's been gone for years

would you attend a live set by this guy or dave monolith?

>This is interesting because I am Bogdan Raczynski.

Attached: 1484624673003.gif (480x238, 415K)

So was it Tom or was it the other Richard?

Is that Loom remix from a couple of years ago available anywhere? Because it was fantastic.

I believe you

is op cylob or astrobotnia?