Blues

I've been really enjoying Charley Patton recently and wanted to know what other early blues artist are similar, kinda dark and gritty sound, I really enjoy Blind Willie Johnson as well.

Also Blues general, that is if anyone here actually listens to it

Attached: patton.jpg (300x300, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nwVMsAxsQzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KIYNoH99Guc
youtube.com/watch?v=Gxpz2ewrIE0
youtube.com/watch?v=HGVShoAWp00
youtube.com/watch?v=RrTkvCiINn0
youtube.com/watch?v=jSRdQgidCHY
youtube.com/watch?v=AkEhtfPN084
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Leadbelly.

Blind Lemon Jefferson

Why the fuck is the blues almost never mentionned on Yea Forums ?
Blues is the roots of everything !
Personnaly I love dirty electric blues, like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=nwVMsAxsQzQ

i'd recommend robert johnson of course as well as big bill broonzy and mississippi fred mcdowell

Blues isn't mentioned because of the riff at 0:00. Literally every blues song sounds sort of like this and it gets boring pretty quick.

youtube.com/watch?v=KIYNoH99Guc
Is this blues?
Someone more knowledgeable will prob say he just copied black dudes and I’m being a pleb, but i love this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=Gxpz2ewrIE0

youtube.com/watch?v=HGVShoAWp00

charley Patton be like
i went down dnfnbdf sldnbffgggmfh, to get the gkbfbdonfpbddgpvoshdpdhr blues off my mind
but it’s so good even tho I can’t understabd what he says

Appalachian Blues

youtube.com/watch?v=RrTkvCiINn0

For me, it's Skip James

>he played on a banjo borrowed from a local music store and needed whiskey to calm his nerves
based

Yeah Hound Dog Taylor was born with two extra fingers (but useless ones). Too bad because imagine what a guitarist with six functional fingers on each hand could do.

Hound Dog Taylor and the Houserockers [Alligator, 1971]
This had been around for a while when, in a low mood, I innocently put it on after three sides of Warner Bros. rock and roll as folk Muzak--the new Youngbloods, the new double Stoneground. Yawn, sigh, and then pow--electronic gutbucket from the Chicago blues bars, the rawest record I've heard in years. Taylor makes a neoprimitivist showboat like James Cotton sound like a cross between Don Nix and the Harmonicats, and about time. N.b.: a guitar-playing friend tells me the axe Hound Dog brandishes on the cover is the cheapest you can buy. A-

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 17K)

Ah gotta hole in mah shoe and my baby cheated on and left me and that's why ah sing the blooz.

There, I've given you every blues song ever.

Yeah I don't like the Youngbloods either.

Stop saying yeah, faggot.

He played Teisco guitars which was a Japanese brand.

It's hard to find anybody just like Charley Patton, but look you might like some of the following:
Son House
Bukka White
Skip James
Howlin' Wolf (Electric mostly, but he learned some things straight from Patton)
Rev. Gary Davis (Especially if you liked Blind Willie Johnson)

And if you feel like getting into some more recent electric blues artists who still have a gritty, rural feel, check out some of the Fat Possum blues singers like R.L. Burnside, T-Model Ford, and Junior Kimbrough. This documentary is about the best intro you're gonna get:
youtube.com/watch?v=jSRdQgidCHY

What's kind of screwed up is he ended up cutting at least one of those extra fingers off with a razor blade because it kept getting caught on stuff and splitting at the base.

Attached: gary-davis.png (382x257, 116K)

Why does he look like a white man dipped in tar?

It's not a bad blues record but I've heard better. Still beats those sad elevator music folk rock albums he mentions there.

Because he was mixed race with some white blood and probably some Choctaw Indian. His daddy was really dark, so the rumor got around that he was the bastard half-brother of the Chatmons, who were part of the popular stringband The Mississippi Sheiks. Just take a look at Sam Chatmon's skintone in the video below to see what I'm talking about. What's more likely though is that he had Indian and white blood from his mother, who had that yellowish skintone.

youtube.com/watch?v=AkEhtfPN084

I've always liked Albert King no matter what Cuckgau says about him.

Based as fuck