What are Yea Forums's thoughts on Magnolia Electric Co and Jason Molina's body of work?

What are Yea Forums's thoughts on Magnolia Electric Co and Jason Molina's body of work?

Attached: JASONMOLIGANIA.jpg (391x390, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wn17oXawu00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ghost Tropic and Didn't It Rain are his very best work.

Attached: lawn dart blues.png (467x675, 178K)

dude alcoholism lmao

lol

it's great but kinda overrated imo. Mainly because all alt country sucks ass in comparison

a bit repetitive

Ghost Tropic makes me feel things that no other album has managed to do.

it's something else entirely. getting chills just thinking about it

Same here. The instrumentation is gorgeous, but it has such a crushing melancholic feeling throughout. I think I'm gonna listen to it now

never a bad time to listen to it. definitely will listen at some point today

I enjoyed it.

really great

goat tier stuff, but he wears the neil young influences on his sleeve a little too much at times.

and it's hard to get past his self-mythologizing complex at teams

times* oopsie

EVERY LIGHT ON THIS SIDE OF THE TOWWWWNNN (with country twang on town)

great

Farewell Transmission belongs in the Top Ten songs of the past 100 years. Rest of the album is really good too but obviously doesn't live up to it.

I'm somewhat inclined to agree on how great Farewell Transmission is but Hold On Magnolia is great too

Oh yeah Hold on Magnolia is a great song, I love the guest vocal songs too and Riding with the Ghost is a favorite of mine. Just that Farewell Transmission is an extremely rare true 10/10 song and the rest of the album couldn't possibly live up to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=wn17oXawu00

this, his output was too consistently good to great. gets old

I'd reccomend checking out his solo album "Let Me Go Let Me Go Let Me Go" if you're a fan of Blues Folk artists like Nick Drake and Jackson C. Frank.

Attached: 656aaf99.jpg (320x320, 21K)

except just be simple is just is good

bump

The Big Game is Every Night is just as good too

last

last

I was just trying to bump this thread but whatever.