I'm about to marathon this, what did I think?

I'm about to marathon this, what did I think?

Attached: briti shsoccer.jpg (474x474, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/american-football-american-football-lp3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>thinks listening to one album is a marathon

>Marathon
Do you listen to albums often?

> taking the bait

I'm about to marathon the first song. What can I expect?

>just marathoned the album cover
did i like it?

When I started smoking pot this became my favourite album fucking ever. No album suits weed more than this shit, fucking hell. I don't smoke anymore and I can't listen to this album sober so I've lost my connection to it. Too bad. Actually even when I was smoking pot eventually I kind of distanced myself to this album because fuck me it's so depressing, even if the lyrics aren't. Such a depressing, slow melodic tone to it. All the main america albums are like that actually. Those fuckers were on a literal mission to depress the shit out of potheads.

I'm marathoning a post about this album, what will I think of the cover?

what are you talking about? this came out today??

so you started smoking weed in the last 2 weeks lol?

the onions levels are very high in this thread

I'm going to marathon your comment, what have I been thinking?

they reached peak levels with your post

You're fast there, mate. For most people the addiction/recovery process takes more than one day. I mean, I get that it's just weed, but seriously. Take your talents to the recovery-group circuit-- you're gonna be a legend.

Get memed

I'll tell you how to feel about it after you marathon it

i thought it was p good, the crescendo at the end of track 2 was hard not to like

I’m about to marathon the sample of the first song on amazon music.
What should I expect?

some comfy emo-dad vibes. a few good moments the first time around, starting second listen now

Attached: 1553269957100.jpg (680x661, 148K)

A lot better than the previous one imo

you thought it was everything the second one should have been

Attached: Weird.jpg (1200x1096, 227K)

I've been listening to this for about a week now (pre-order) and it is a FACT that lp2 is better than this one.
This one isn't bad, just too bland and unmemorable. 'Doom in Full Bloom' is painful to listen to.
Comfy textures and spacyness though though

I legit cried with Uncomfortably Numb.

8/10 way better than lp2.

what's the deal with the album art?
did they burn down the house?

seems like they're moving away from the house if you'll excuse the pun

but am I imagining things, or is there burnt wreckage and black smoke on the cover?

yeah it does sorta look like that. I read this earlier:
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/american-football-american-football-lp3/

>American Football have abandoned the dearly >beloved house in Urbana, Ill. that graced the >cover of their first two albums. That house >became an avatar for youthful nostalgia, the >band, and Midwest emo itself. Its replacement >on the cover of the third American Football LP >has an almost sinister beauty to it: a >bloodshot sunrise, a creeping fog. The shot >was taken about 10 minutes away in the town >of Champaign and, from a certain vantage >point, you might think it was the morning after >the original house at 704 W. High Street was >burnt to cinders. American Football might >prefer it that way, as their dazzling third album >does away with their self-mythology and takes >bleary, bold steps toward a new dawn.

which mentions how it does look like what you described from a certain angle, but is actually a lake

Jesus christ it's been hours and you're still posting it, fuck off

That you suck dick

yes, still i felt kind of monotonous. drums are punchy af tho

There's some nice and occasionally ambitious songwriting and some beautiful melodies. As always, suberb guitars and drumming, and interesting instrumentation with the brass accompaniments. I generally enjoyed it, and preferred it to LP2, but Uncomfortably Numb is so saccharine and the lyricism so kitsch it drags everything around it down which is a big blow to the album because it's so central.
I know,
>lyrics
but
>I have become
>Comfortably Numb
is just unforgivable; when lyrics are such an integral part of the songwriting they need to be stellar.

based retard

i was a fan of doom in full bloom

looks like a ripoff of the disintegration loops cover

excuse me

it was decent, probably wouldve been better as a black metal album

I need to express this in all caps because it needs to be expressed because it's clearly the elephant in the room: MIKE'S NEW VOICE SUCKS ASS. GIVE ME THAT EXPRESSIVE, EDGY LP1 VOICE, NOT THIS DEPRESSED DAD WHO'S SEEN SOME SHIT WHO WISHED HE OVERDOSED 15 YEARS AGO BUT CAN'T NOW BECAUSE HE HAS A FAMILY TO TAKE CARE OF.

Anyway, at least LP3 is a shit ton better than LP2, but man ever since LP2, Mike's voice has sucked ass.

>being this new

Imagine wishing someone’s vocals sounded the same from 20 years ago.

dude weed lmao

i'm going to run a marathon and listen to this album while i do. will i win?

Attached: 13933357_1156698597728043_1045919633_n.jpg (520x735, 56K)

shut the fuck up artuma