Kevin Shields like it

Kevin Shields like it
NIN likes it
Radiohead likes it
Bjork likes it
Kurt Cobain likes it

Yet Yea Forums doesn't.....

Attached: 4b8fb5bc7ae749351157e40f88ba1c61.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000x1000, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v3yfC_isiYs
youtube.com/watch?v=2TN-kDEKxF0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Either this or Fear of a Black Planet is the best hip-hop album of all time.

Because black, duh.

I like it.
I'm also gay for Kevin Shields.

Yea Forums also thinks that TPAB is the best rap album ever lol

It's one of two or three 80s hip hop albums that have actually aged well.

It’s a bonafide classic, the only reason it isn’t Yea Forumscore is honestly because of the black power lyrics. That’s the only explanation I can think of, as even anti-rapfags should be able to appreciate the nutty complex instrumentals

Let’s not get carried away, fear is clearly inferior to nation

I'M BLACK YALL AND I'M BLACK YALL
AND I'M BLACKETY BLACK AND I'M BLACK YALL

Attached: b22d7455-7f09-40ce-8d10-868223ccee4e_screenshot.jpg (900x480, 23K)

No, that's reddit

I think plenty of people here are critical of that album.

This but less racist, as a white girl I would feel awkward playing this album around poc

I tried to listen to this album but it sounds so incredibly dated I don't see how anyone could still enjoy it. It's very influential and has good lyrics but Flava shouting "yeeeeaaahh boiiii" sounds like white middle schoolers.

I just picked this up a couple of weeks ago and am enjoying it.

Asl?

Because it's the equivalent of black people listening to Skrewdriver. Why would I listen to an album that's against me?

When did this happen

Attached: what.jpg (1080x512, 119K)

this is why girls dont like you

tits or gtfo

U like?

Attached: 1553287015855.jpg (360x360, 35K)

I’ll take the bait. Chuck D isn’t against white people

When I started smoking pot this became my favourite album fucking ever. No album suits weed more than this shit, fucking hell. I don't smoke anymore and I can't listen to this album sober so I've lost my connection to it. Too bad. Actually even when I was smoking pot eventually I kind of distanced myself to this album because fuck me it's so depressing, even if the lyrics aren't. Such a depressing, slow melodic tone to it. All the main public enemy albums are like that actually. Those fuckers were on a literal mission to depress the shit out of potheads. We're getting them back though, in 20 years when we take over this album will be known as the classic that 'started the resistance'

Dude stop posting this in every thread, you can't take out the fact that you're alone on Friday night on a whole board

P E (with the exception of Prof Griff) don't hate white people at all. If you want rappers thst really do hate us, looku p up X-Clan, Brand Nubian, or Kendrick Lamar.

On God bro

>it sounds so incredibly dated
Wrong, retard.

I think it actually sounds really fresh compared to other albums of the era. I just listened to Paid in Full a few hours ago and was bothered by how corny it sounded.

Im not trying to sound like a dick but this is the exact opinion I had years ago when my music taste wasn’t fully developed. I came back to it once I had started listening to lots of other music and all of a sudden it was one of the best hip hop albums I’d ever heard, and I really like hip hop. I felt like the instrumentals were dated and tacky, but I came to realize they’re some of the best beats ever made in hip hop. So I’m not saying pure the same as me, but maybe give it another try later and you may come around to it. Cause once it clicks, it fucking clicks hard

Lol its just the safe choice for white people to pick as "one of the good ones" so they don't sound racist for saying they don't like rap music.

lmao racists have nothing to prove, people that like PE like hip hop as a whole

Fair enough. I can't stand hip hop so that doesn't really help

*ahem*

>hell, wax is for Anthrax, still it can rock bells
And then they actually did a collaboration with Anthrax. Public Enemy was a major influence on nu-metal, which is basically the white version of rap.

Nope, it sounds absolutely dated
youtube.com/watch?v=v3yfC_isiYs
Just because a bunch of white rock critics and musicians say it "holds up" doesn't mean it does

no those types of people choose something safe and inoffensive like mc hammer or flo rida or whatever rapper that exists solely in the pop sphere.

Yea Forums doesn’t really like anything desu

Nope. Kurt Cobain would have shit all over Hip hop (based on his hatred for the sexism in rock), but he knew it would be racist to do that, so he picked the safe nonoffensive political album to show he was down with the homies!
Its not racists that say its good, its white people that don't understand rap but want to appear hip. Got taken over by Kendrick recently

All you did was make me want to listen to this album again, thanks man. And that’s not even one of the best songs on the album, such a quality record. Also, just because user says it doesn’t hold up doesn’t mean it doesn’t

I think you’re just projecting bro

Lol no no no. Kurt Cobain and all these types would be against stuff like that.
For woke white people, Public Enemy is the inoffensive choice.
>no sexism, materialism, just muh whitey shit
Its the perfect album for white people to say they like to pretend they are down with hiphop

Cobain didn't like it to virtue signal retard. He liked it because rap was a new genre and he liked innovation

Nope. Lmao. You're delusional if you think any of the people up top there actually enjoyed this album, it's all for image to say they are down with the new hip music.

Okay bro, hope you enjoy dated breakbeat shit and 80s style synth garbage
Cobain's entire life was virtue signaling you idiot. All the shit about "I'm bi just to pwn the homophobes" and that self righteous Incesticide essay.
He would not listen to hip hop, it was just so he didn't seem like a corny white bro

What a sad life you must lead
>I'm a racist so no one could ever have possibly enjoyed something I don't like! You're delusional if you think otherwise!

I don't even like this album but you're the delusional one

Do you even know what dated means?

It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back is the only rap album that I immediately liked on an instinctive level. There are lots of other rap albums that I can appreciate as technically good, but nothing like ITANOMTHUB that gives that immediate feeling of awesomeness. And I still think it's good after repeated listens. It has more energetic and aggressive feeling than any other hip-hop I've heard.

Maybe he liked it because it was noisy and expressive?
Kind of like a lot of his other favorite albums.
Ever thought of that?

Compare that to something like this if you want to hear what dated sounds like:
youtube.com/watch?v=2TN-kDEKxF0

He kinda did. I don't think the guy had a real feeling in his entire body.

That's probably because you're a hateful little shit

Not really. Kurt Cobain was an ideological sadsack masquerading as a sensitive empathetic person. Total phony.

And how long did you know him for? You must have been close

You can tell from the statements he made. It's clear he believed that he was superior to the general public because of his sensitivity and understanding, but someone who was genuinely sensitive and empathetic would have realized how untrue that is. Perhaps the rock star delusion just left him unable to understand how and why the average person acts the way that they do .

On God bro

I'm pretty sure most on Yea Forums like it

>ITANOMTHUB

Attached: 83edd1e6.jpg (1920x1356, 171K)

its alright

FIGHT THE WHITE POWER

Non musician

This is actually more based than fucking Flava Flav any day bro but once again Yea Forums knows fuck all about music.

holy shit cringe hush please

It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back (1988) is already a classic, an overwhelming and sophisticated sample of revolutionary music. The rappers move dramatically and paroxysmal in a jumble of rap noises, casual bandisms, scratch improvisations (Terminator X, aka Norman Rogers, the wizard of scratch) and electronic disturbances. Traditional genres are massacred by the mimesis process. Louder Than A Bomb's funk at a rhythm, the overwhelming anthem Rebel Without A Pause, Channel Zero's unleashed heavy-metal, Shaw 'Em Whatcha Got's oriental hypnosis, the Dadaist cacophony of Terminator X, the saraband funky-tropical by Bring The Noise, the dissonant minimalism of Black Steel, are alienated by demented arrangements that enhance their tribal qualities. The true protagonist of this mosaic art is the producer and arranger Hank Shocklee (the leader of the "Bomb Squad" to whom the production is credited): he is the one who builds with meticulous method the pieces that Ridenhour's lyrics transform then in war songs. Drayton is his giullaresco counterpart, and the alternation of tones of the two constitutes an important novelty in itself.

Their polemical sermons exalt the most terrifying aspects of metropolitan life and in the best cases the accumulation of incoherent sound events creates disturbing atmospheres, from film noir, which give the exact dimension of the latent neuroses of the under-proletarian fauna. It could be the Country Joe of the black slums, sarcastic storytellers of the evils of their time, but, remaining faithful to the tradition of Sly Stone and George Clinton, according to which to move the brain of a black one must first move his legs, preferring to transform their rallies in exhilarating fair dances, or rather in small symphonies of sound gag.

Attached: download (5).jpg (200x200, 5K)

90s gangsta shit >> 80s "conscious rap"

the infamous is far superior to any PE album that's not even debatable.