Melon reviewed new Tame Impala

>"Not that crazy about this new Tame Impala single, unfortunately" — 4:19

>"it's a mixed bag"
>"there is a huge washy trip kinda nostalgia factor"
>"there was kind of a nasally quality to the vocals"
>"the instrumental is incredibly groovy"
>"the groove is unquestionably the best thing the track has going for it"
>"the tune on this thing is pretty flat, is pretty nonexistent"
>"weird instrumental bridge [...] didn't sound mixed or put together in the best way"
>"the instrumental is very lush, very pretty—I just wish there was a better tune or a song at the core of this"

Thoughts about the criticisms Yea Forums?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 18.25.26.png (1280x800, 1021K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWZlJTQxvq4
youtu.be/5X-HAUfCYGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Link:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWZlJTQxvq4

Who cares?

>who cares about melon review
>comments on thread about melon review
Absolute state of Yea Forums

i think the issue is on the low end. Kevin Parker has always had such strong basslines. there really isnt a present bassline in this song. it's strange and uncharacteristic of Tame Impala

bump

too much phaser

this

shut the fuck up

>t. 12 yr old zoomer pleb gets caught out in his first post on Yea Forums
Absolute state of this board

Cringe

Haven't listened but Tame Impala are shite so good on him.

Agreed, also the song doesn’t go anywhere.... it just kinda does the same thing for 5 minutes and ends with some bloops in the last 30 seconds

shut up faggot

I don’t understand why people don’t like the song. The vocals are pleasant. The instrumental is beautiful and the minimal progression puts the lyrics in the forefront of the songs development. The lyrics themselves are also great.

beause its soulless. greta van fleet has more spark in their sounds.

I don't think I'd go that far.

wtf does soulless mean. there's nothing about the song you can concretely call soulless. I dont really see it

youtu.be/5X-HAUfCYGQ

will he ever go back to Innerspeaker/Lonerism style or is all hope lost?

I kind of agree with Fantano but it's certainly not a bad song.

Fantano can't be seen giving a wh*te artist a positive review after that Fader article. This new Tame Impala sucks, but I'm sure he'll review the next Lil SoundCloud mixtape favorably.

damn that's a lot of music buzzwords that tell me nothing about the actual music

its literally what the user listed, all good elements, but they as a whole simply dont make a song. its lifeless. its an art thing so i can only give you metaphors, not an empirical justification, dummy.

>melon mentions how the tune is flat, bridge is weird, and instrumental is lush
>faggot says melon says nothing about the music
I wish I could be this retarded

>always had strong basslines
Because he takes pop hooks and plays them two octaves down and slower. Listen to shooting star by bag raiders then new person same mistakes. I'm not talking down to him, but hes gone and made it his formula.

Decent criticism, didn't care about the song too.

jesus christ he can't say anything of substance other than use adjectives for technical aspects lol i thought his albums reviews were shit but track reviews are even worse