I dont think I understand what RYM is or how it works. can someone explain it to me?

I dont think I understand what RYM is or how it works. can someone explain it to me?

Attached: 5FE0AAAE-BB89-4373-B3F4-F98D71CD7D68.png (300x205, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~GrimesCuck
rateyourmusic.com/~Bowsette
rateyourmusic.com/~AntiWarhol
rateyourmusic.com/~DozensOfDonuts
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you have to be a tranny and link your discord to have an account

it's for autists to circlejerk the most entry-level of albums

You just use it to log and rate shit you listen to.
You can choose to engage with the shitty userbase

Do they all know eachother? Is it a music review site?

It's how I find new music. It's good for browsing sub genres.

the reviews tend to be the worst part. often you get tryhard reviewers that don't even talk about the music in question but rather the author's lifestory or feelings

>log shit
>engage
>user base
>browsing sub genres
I dont know what any of this means I’m not a RYMer myself can you give me a quick rundown

It's just the IMDB/Letterboxd or Goodreads equivalent for music. I don't read the reviews or engage with other people there but I've found plenty of great stuff I never would have otherwise on there. It's a fine source of music discovery along with stuff like discogs and maybe last.fm.

A bunch of faggots pretend to be woke, rate everything by women a 5 and anything by a men a 1.

If you have over 40 images of anime shots (bonus: disgusting tranny selfie) and a shopping list of personalities as your description, there is no respect. Just be chill, rate albums as you feel and don't make retarded reviews or comments in every single album. Don't use the forum either.

>do not be like
rateyourmusic.com/~GrimesCuck
rateyourmusic.com/~Bowsette

>be like
rateyourmusic.com/~AntiWarhol
rateyourmusic.com/~DozensOfDonuts

Basically you can find new music by checking browsing albums by genre. Either chronologically or user score. You can narrow down the genre even further by browsing the sub genres. For example, you could look through every Jazz album listed on the website chronologically but maybe you only want a specific kind of Jazz in which you'd look through the sub genre instead (Like Hard bop or Big Band).

It's also great for keeping track of which albums you've listened to and you can give them a score out of 5 stars. You can also write a review if you really like/hate the album.

I don't know much about the user base (people who use the websites) but apparently they're all cunts. Well, most people on Yea Forums are too so what difference does it make?

wtf I’m not using this website

>be like
>rateyourmusic.com/~AntiWarhol
this. after becoming an AW disciple, my sex life has improved dramatically

Attached: 1553099585674.jpg (960x818, 151K)

Well you know what, all of you fucking RETARDScan shut the FUCK up.
What do you listen to? Swans, maybe a little bit of NMH, maybe some other fucking Dogshit like Kanye MAGA West or fucking Captain Beefheart.
You absolute plebeians can never even think of APPROACHING my level of musical knowledge. Why do I need a cock LARGER than two inches when I make a woman cream through 18 PAIRS of panties just by humming to her the entirety of NOVEMBER BY DENNIS JONES? When I can attract upwards of 18 quintillion women just from them hearing the soothing sounds of Solo Violin Improvisations while I’m waiting in line for my 18th of 20 daily McDoubles in the Mc Donald’s drive through.
And of course the party goes fucking crazy once I pull out my 18 hour lowercase playlist.
I can barely walk outside without recoiling in disgust hearing the music of today’s youth. I’m so sick and tired of all these Niggerish mumble rappers polluting the airwaves. Even more so of the music of this godforsaken site. You all call yourselves “””””””music fans””””””””” even though none of you have even heard your first Shidaiqu album. Constantly listening to the same plebeian bullshit.
If I were to project my consciousness onto the rest of the people of earth, we would have a much better society.
I am the Einstein of my generation, and I deserve my respect. Good fucking day.

hello based department, i'd like to file a claim

If this is true where are all the women in the top lists
Is there even a single year where a female has #1?

Lingua Ignota is a #1 death industrial which is bullshit.

damn, based...

Attached: based antiwarhol.png (1835x182, 6K)

That’s just because it’s barely an DI album, and can appeal more to outsiders because of it.
It’s a fucking great album too.
Also, this does nothing to prove your point, because there are TONS of counter examples.

That album is so good though but yeah there are surely some exceptions in genre lists but it still seems skewed so badly male. There are Kate Bush, Bjork, PJ Harvey, Joni Mitchell albums all with either higher or just as high of a score as the top for their year but they'll never make it to #1 just because nowhere near as many guys will bother listening to female artists. I don't really care much was just pointing out that it's obvi not some kind of epidemic of people upvoting the shit out of every female and rating men low. It's just a few handfuls of people, and surely there are more the other way around just due to the sheer number of male listeners.

>rate albums you're familiar with out of 5 stars (subjective, but generally 5 is favorites, 4 is goods, 3 is decents, 2 is kinda dull, 1 is i hate this, 0.5 is i really hate this)
>as you listen to more music, add more ratings.
>as time goes by, you can tweak your ratings if your feelings change about certain albums
>over time you may or may not notice certain other users have similar tastes to you
>consider scanning these users' rating history for things you havent heard yet that you might like as well
>write (preferably short) reviews of albums if you wish
Not that hard.

This, just ignore the try hard pseuds and it can be a good tool for discovery

If you cant navigate that site, just give up on life.

Goddammit, don't say "fucking great" it makes you look like you talking about power electronics and it just makes everything more confusing.
Also I Have Fought Against It But I Can't Any Longer by The Body is 8th which is double bullshit.

If it makes you feel better most of my favorites are rated high but with nowhere near enough ratings to place high. People really love jazz and rap on rym apparently. The rankings are useful but I'd pay more attention to actual ratings desu

>If it makes you feel better
Thanks hon:)

It's for pretentious wanna-be music critics who think they have unique or valuable opinions on albums.

I like RateYourMusic it helps me keep track of all the albums I love :)

So it's just like anyplace?

This. It's all the website is good for.

>be like antiwarhol, pretentious power user tryhard
>be like dozensofdonuts with his stupid about me section and public friends list
Don't do that.

W E W L A D

Based 18poster