Am I the only one who isn't bothered by the fact she's an industry plant, but by how she DENIES being one?

Am I the only one who isn't bothered by the fact she's an industry plant, but by how she DENIES being one?

There's nothing wrong with being a sheltered suburban white girl. But Billie remains stuck in the mindset of a sheltered suburban white girl (spoiled, immature, treats life as a joke) all while LARPing as someone deeply socially conscious who "truly understands" the struggles of the dispossessed. Forget being called "the zoomer Kate Bush" - by the way publications write about her you'd think she's the zoomer Joan Baez. Why the fuck did it take friendships with woke rappers in order to get her to be aware of real-world shit when she grew up in a gentrification cesspool and was surrounded by literal race-based and class-based human displacements? And then she claims she "grew up poor" in interviews despite her parents' long lists of actor credits? Her whole image is beyond contrived.

I'm willing to throw Fantano a bone and agree whether or not she's a plant what matters at the end of the day is the quality of her music. Though it's still cringey how she's portrayed as some deep and profound voice-of-the-generation when nearly everything musically she's put out so far has been bland, boring, and virtually substanceless.

Attached: billie-eilish-2018.jpg (1000x655, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PFwUXt_SmMs
youtube.com/watch?v=T1i4gmOHD6E
youtube.com/watch?v=LiUkwP9XsYY
youtube.com/watch?v=MCkeg99jQZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YDr4ITrp7YI
youtube.com/watch?v=vo5JXupZTK8
youtube.com/watch?v=jfZU3ckGi4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ToQVoyWWluQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YL2HRdjDKnw
youtube.com/watch?v=g-EkFWQGv3A
youtube.com/watch?v=-u5gDCNwTiw
youtube.com/watch?v=LoWfnFJ52rc
youtube.com/watch?v=-lOphHxe28M
youtube.com/watch?v=FKU73RmWOkU
youtube.com/watch?v=NLy8cZgvjJA
youtube.com/watch?v=BkSYlY0KGkA
youtube.com/watch?v=l-J8waq0unI
youtube.com/watch?v=XVNIMfccvgw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

another thread.
good job dumbass

>says she grew up poor
>grew up in a stable, affluent family
>larps about her background and values on her music
>surrounds herself with ""woke"" musicians
so she's the zoomer bob dylan then

Attached: 345y.jpg (279x200, 7K)

I'd agree but there's no way in hell Billie could write something as good as Bob.

You posted this exact same thing yesterday, delete this thread then kill yourself faggot.

RENT FREE INCEL

i was just kidding either way. i've legit never heard a single thing that billie eilish has done.

"industry plant" isn't a new thing. the most popular pop artists are often created by record labels.

Who the fuck cares about industry plants. Some of the greats have been plants, Kate Bush, the Beach Boys. The list goes on

Completely agree, but what irks me about Billie is how she's a very obvious label creation (signed after one song, no other musical experience except what her label has railroaded) yet she covers her ass constantly in interviews and portrays herself as "counter-cultural" and "deep" and whatnot. It's layers upon layers of cringe.

MAKE HER DRINK THE CUM SAUCE

Attached: 88909324.png (1235x232, 135K)

>le incel maymay

Kate did a lot of shit before being signed to a label. Ridiculous to compare her to Billie.

youtube.com/watch?v=PFwUXt_SmMs

yeah but that’s not the issue
beyonce grew up upper-middle class lt maybe even lower end of the upper class and has a father in the industry who set her up with destiny’s child and managed her solo career as well, but nobody gives her shit about it because she isn’t running around telling people otherwise
it’s not the so-called privileged upbringings or privileged connections that sours people, it’s the blatant dishonesty about it

Attached: 6E06A967-FDE7-4F09-B5F8-B17118ABE5D5.jpg (786x1024, 189K)

OP is jealous that billie eilish is the new nirvana

Who are these "woke rappers"? I need to examine their lyrical content.

>sooner Joan Baez
Motherfucker she’s not even the zoomer Petula Clark.

oh look, it's the incel gathering thread for today

Attached: queens.jpg (640x625, 77K)

Sure thing you waifu faggot, kate sucks ass too

Pic related, a cat who thinks you are a faggot

Attached: B331B7CC-6F59-4C07-B259-5DF4CE7114A4.jpg (768x1024, 152K)

>She's not a plant!
>She's not a plant!
>She's not a plant!
>Okay, fine. She's a plant, but who really cares?
The shills are shifting goalposts lmao

Fagtano in a nutshell.

>friendships with woke rappers
>”friendships”

afaik kate has never denied being a rich girl. she even said something to the effect of "i write songs about people who are more interesting than i am." so doesn't that go against the idea of being a plant, pretending to come from humble beginnings?

Jesus she's fugly

Rich people make music. Rarely is it poor people. The difference is an "industry plant" doesn't make good music. That's it. Every artist is full of shit and has some false narrative propping everything up, if the music is good enough most people don't care. Get off this whole "real honest art" nonsense that never existed. Enjoy the show or don't.

It’s not the fact that she’s rich, it’s the fact she has a rich girl’s mentality all while claiming to be socially conscious.

>she has a rich girl’s mentality all while claiming to be socially conscious.
That's every "socially conscious" famous person under the sun. Are you really that gullible?

Billie never claimed to be socially conscious. She makes pop music for teenage girls, that’s literally it. She doesn’t sing about politics or feminism or any of that shit.

being socially conscious doesn't mean you represent everybody.

>real honest art doesnt exist, nor has it ever existed
aw dude what fucking dimension do you live in where this is true? i get that you want to defend billie eilish (although for the life of my i dont know why) but there's no need to just fucking lie like that.

She claims to be “raising awareness” about teen depression, if you consider that to have a political/social edge.

All music is filtered to you through some mechanism of marketing. Stop kidding yourself. Billie sucks and dresses like a fucking clown, but don't kid yourself that your fotm indie isn't just as corporate/pre-meditated.

You can’t feel sorry for parents who spend $250 on tickets without doing their research first.

Publications write about her like she’s a fucking wise sage. “Oh look at how SELF AWARE Billie is for her age!!!” It’s cringe especially if you watch her interviews where she acts really, really childish and dumb.

Not him, but I consider that to be an absolutely meaningless statement, as are most things said by people trying to "raise social awareness" which almost always has nothing to do with the individual on their soapbox changing their own behavior.

X was so woke he beat his pregnant gf and threatened to rape her with a bbq fork because she was obviously Illuminati.

Billie isn’t even depressed. She just uses it to sell records.

No shit. And whoever isn't really an environmentalist, they just use it to sell records. And Bono isn't really a humanitarian he just uses it to sell records. This shit is all clear as day. Why people buy the narratives is beyond me.

Thats the definition of industry plant op, a lot of musicians have connections, but some of them pretend they come from an independent background, those are the ones the term refers to

Yes

>Bitches be bopping it, bow down and popping it
>Dropping it in her esophagus
>She get so nasty, in public she classy
>Perhaps she is able to swallow it
>Girl, I can make you a star
>Then I put her ass on Apollo, bitch

Attached: GETOUT.jpg (215x217, 13K)

Damn that's a fat cat.

Agreed but Billie is especially bad in this case given her whole appeal is that she's "DIY" and "wise beyond her years" when her family's industry connections are the only reason she's signed, and her actor/musician brother pens all her lyrics, meaning those "deeply wise words" are not hers.

thats why he prefaced it with "the way publications write about her you'd think she's the ___ ___ ___"

And her clout on social media arguably overshadows her actual music.

Judging from what happens to nearly all industry plants in recent years, Billie will fall off within a year. I don't see how she'll last all that long as an artist.

>Part of the industry plant game is denying that you are one. This game has been around for decades, can't be mad about that
>Don't really care for Billie's music, pretty mediocre
>It's better then most top 40 pop/rap thrash
>Billie is way up the charts, mediocre mainstream music is making a comeback
>Perhaps this opens the door to better mainstream music

Are the Jews finally doing something good here?

I only listened to a few of her songs but they were pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=T1i4gmOHD6E
>"wise beyond her years"

I really don't mind plants, nor artists denying to be one,

What i DO mind is that whenever Radio Stations/Streaming Platforms/Critics are praising her music, i genuinely can't figure out if they really DO like her music, or if it's the payola talking

This layer of fakeness makes me enjoy her artistry less

Keep it that way for your own sake

Autism

It's not even "payola" anymore as much as it is radio stations and streaming platforms are all owned and controlled by monopolies which do business with each other. I agree she's way overrated and I hope no one keeps falling for her "I'm such a DEEP and POETIC girl" bullshit.

this made no sense. it's like you heard a few things on Yea Forums and /pol/ and tried to repeat it

She'll start calling herself a "feminist" once Interscope decides it's the best way to market her.

I'm going to archive this thread and send it to Melon. People are making pretty good points here.

>"WHERE'S MY REFRIED BEANS???"
>"FUCK YOU MOM FOR NOT LETTING ME HAVE REAL SODA"

I mean, could she at least wait until her album drops before turning into a diva?

I love her so much

Don't overthink it too much she has a really sweet voice, the lyrics are original and the melodies are chill. I'm rooting for her.

INDUSTRY GARDEN

Oh please let's not start this again.

I don’t like Billie at all. She is an industry plant and she does fake her depression for clout. But at least she and her brother write her stuff (at least to my knowledge). I think the more important issue is shit rappers being a front for producers. The vast majority of rappers do almost nothing in the studio, they’re literally just a voice and an image. I think that’s more serious that someone like Billie being a plant.

this has always been a problem to an extent, in the past many bands had good songwriters that didn't do vocals but it was always the frontman that gets the most fame and attention

rap has maxxed this out in that only the vocalist gets the fame and attention while all the talented producers get none of it. they still get paid anyway, even from the live shows as there are performance royalties paid to songwriters. i bet plenty of them don't mind because they're probably the types who prefer to avoid attention.

Especially since hip hop is often seen as a way out of poverty for most black youth.

She's just a reflection of how the youth already behave

It's actually very similar to Billie, because in her case she is the "front" for her producer brother. Watch most of her interviews and you'll see her bro is right there sitting behind her. Watch her live performances and you'll see him to the right of her either playing piano or managing her instrumentals. He even said he and his sister are technically a "duo".

Maybe, but at least she isn't singing about sex and drugs. Right?

Attached: E1AA51A9-4D04-4A0E-A045-F7A2EBC2C6A7.jpg (678x399, 20K)

There's a song on her new album entitled "xannny".

>phone poster proves shit taste
fuck off underage

*yet

>that album cover

quit viraling your shitty video, someone already did it better and on more artists youtube.com/watch?v=LiUkwP9XsYY

also, quit acting like Russ doesn't make good music. it's not like you're a producer from the south anyways who has a right to be offended. you're probably one of those suburban kids wearing jordans and decked out in all nike who unironically says "bruh" and "f am" after rap got popular

fuck out of here

Attached: 4LaWv.gif (480x238, 398K)

She's basically second try at Halsey.

Or 10th try Lorde.

Like being a hipster has come full circle and a board once designated for esoteric underrated gems is now plagued with foreign pop music being a shill has come full circle as shills shill by outright berating their own prospects as a means of creating contention. All publicity is good publicity as they say. While Bille Ellish is going to completely blow Ariana Grande out of the water with her debut album why would people even be complaining about her being a plant. I'm going to end this here as I realize all criticism is complaint and this is Yea Forums.

OP said it best: the problem isn't her being a plant (99% of pop stars are manufactured plants) but that she tries way too hard to come off as the anti-pop star.

>While Bille Ellish is going to completely blow Ariana Grande out of the water with her debut album
Questionable.

Billie never claimed to be woke or socially conscious you fucking dumbass.

Nah.

Sounds like a typical art thot.

give me an example of bobby d larping as something hes not

Nothing you see is real, unless you are really digging. At that point, though, you are a loser for caring so much.

Yeah fuck this.

He was a rich kid claiming he was a homeless beggar or some shit.

He had a whole fictional narrative when he first showed up of having worked at a freak show in a circus when he was a kid.

Do people actually compare her to Kate Bush? Also am I the only one who finds her face unbearably annoying

90% of the posts comparing her to Kate are ironic.

There are some waifufags who honestly believe it though, perhaps because both of them were teenagers when they started singing and writing.

"She's not like other girls."

Spoiled brat.

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=MCkeg99jQZQ

literally just lykke li repackaged for teens who think xxxtentacion was a good artist

This is exactly how she's marketed: indie girl with generic indie girl voice appropriating SoundCloud rap culture.

yeah it’s a marketing angle from interscope trying to jump on the soundcloud clout to promote a lorde clone

Attached: 40176DE3-A198-45E0-9CF3-FAFE2E642F62.jpg (1080x1151, 91K)

Juice WRLD is also signed to Interscope. Hmmmm.

I mean, in the beginning she looked like a normal teenage pop chick.

Now she looks and speaks like some xanny-popping kid from Miami.

100% clout chasing.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 1.00.42 AM.png (933x586, 831K)

literally don't know who that is.

how is she relevant to anything at all?

Attached: 15528759631600000000.jpg (1242x1535, 344K)

why do you care so much?
i will give her credit for the clothes

>i will give her credit for the clothes
Why?

only for the sailor moon thing, looks good

I dare you to find a more talentless picture than this

WHEN'S BILLIE PUTTING OUT HER COVER OF WUTHERING HEIGHTS IN THE ORIGINAL KEY?

I mean her boytoy successfully covered Bulls On Parade. You'd think she'd hold up her side of the relationship, right?

Challenge accepted.

Attached: industry-garden.png (931x598, 827K)

did they fuck?

Just imagine dealing with sloppy seconds full of curry sauce.

Ewwwww.

based plant on the left.

YOU COULD BE SAD
CUZ BABY IMMA LONER YEEEAAAAAH

She'll outsell Ari only to be forgotten by the end of the year. Who the fuck remembers Melanie Martinez or Kiiara?

at least jumex has ONE good song (loner)
i still hate the kid though

Billie has two good songs (Lovely and You Should See Me In a Crown).

nope theyre both garbage

Read or listen to any review of her.
>'she's so wise beyond her years'
>'she's so introspective'
>'she's the voice of reason of her generation'
>'she sings about real issues'
>'she lends a mindful voice to a generation plagued by mindless indulgence and confusion'
Etc. etc.

How? In Lovely she's quite expressive and works well with Khalid. In Crown she sounds like Lorde at her best.

>she's quite expressive

so was GG Allin but that music was shit too

>In Crown she sounds like Lorde at her best.

You are a mentally deprived idiot if you think she sounds anywhere near Lorde at her worst. She is awful and a piss poor, uninspired, cash in industry plant derivative "no frills" offbrand of Lorde on her best.

She's so fucking retarded, she honestly might be worse than Ariana Grande

youtube.com/watch?v=YDr4ITrp7YI

Her acting during the first few seconds of this video is monumental cringe. How can anyone find her genuine or real at all? This is borderline sociopathic.

>so was GG Allin but that music was shit too

Attached: 1549153404567.jpg (750x750, 135K)

She drank too much hot curry sauce.

I do not at all believe this story about the cussing girl messing up Taylor Swift at a home school talent show. "It went ON and ON!" Did it? Really? "On" and "on?" Really, Billie?

>unironically comparing a legend like Bob to a full-blown payola thot like Shillie

How did this "poor girl" buy a $200 meme jacket?

apparently he has ADD, but he seems to have a lot of ambition and the desire to follow it up with hard work. perhaps he simply hasn't been broken yet by what's to come.

Hold the fuck up. Did this bitch do a fucking film shoot at the soda pop store, and then act bewildered when a video that was clearly shot that same day, was then played on the show??

This fake fucking bitch. Am I the only one seeing this?? What the fuck.

I tortured myself by watching this entire thing. To be perfectly honest, most of it seemed scripted, like Billie knew what the questions would be beforehand and already had answers planned out. To OP's point, she seems very unprofessional, very rude, acting like a primadonna. She also flat-out lies about her backstory (not really surprising since she's come up with four different stories for how Ocean Eyes was created).

I'm in the process of watching it right now, and it's fucking fake. They bought this. I mean, that fucking soda pop thing alone proves this is pure bullshit. This is insanely obvious though, and they're just getting away with it???

WHAT?

>she grew up in a gentrification cesspool and was surrounded by literal race-based and class-based human displacements?

Yeah a teenage girl isn't going to have the same understanding of class struggle as a fucking Marxist professor dipshit. Go back to /leftypol/.

that interview where she talks about that dead nigger gave me quantum douche chills. "he said he was from ANOTHER WORLD... He said he WASN'T HUMAN..." this is somebody acting out the way she thinks "high society" rebels talk.

yeah, a teenage girl probably has a better understanding than a marxist professor

It's bloody terrible. Watch it all the way through if you can.

Who do you think paid for it - Interscope or her parents?

this pale bitch with her awful dye job

i'm kidding, i like her dye job, that's the absolute best thing about her by a massive margin

youtube.com/watch?v=vo5JXupZTK8

The level of pretentiousness here is off the charts.

I suspect her parents have good credit, and leverage her income into further more lucrative lines and loans to further it with the expectation that she'll more than make up for it.

Interscope probably helps, but I don't see them wagering as much as they probably have been.

I mean, if you're living in a house in a "nice" part of LA like Highland Park you no doubt have some cash.

SOMEONE POST THE GIF.

Poor Sean clearly doesn't even care.

Yep, and people with cash have access to more funds than only their income. There's no more valuable debt than rich people debt, because they can afford to pay on it and stand to lose something if they don't. Poor people debt is meant to be sold off. No doubt, someone's accrued debt in order for baby girl to have her own Hot Ones episode.

She is behaving in such an obviously performative manner. What a hateable human being.

How did she get a Hot Ones episode before her album has been released?

Oh fuck why has she been shilled EVERYWHERE since last spring? First time I heard of her was her song with Khalid and then it's like POOF she's literally everywhere.

This cunt chewing ice in the middle of an interview.

>How did she get a Hot Ones episode before her album has been released?

youtube.com/watch?v=jfZU3ckGi4Q

Her parents have been in the industry for 40 years. They know how PR works.

pretty whack pouring almond milk in grape soda

If you want more cringe:

I want to punt her in the cunt to ensure her reproduction is permanently prevented.

b-b-but it actually tastes better and i'm not just doing some lol randum bullshit! really!

All the curry sauce in her cervix is already doing your job, user.

It's called a purple cow float, dumbasses.

For real tho, that fucking soda pop store bullshit is legendary levels of "this is bullshit."

And no one else notices this? She pretended to not know about a taping for which she attended.

Not with almond milk lmao

She WENT to a taping to her soda pop store, they filmed her and spliced it in, and then she pretended that she had no idea what was happening when they used footage from that taping in her interview.

youtube.com/watch?v=ToQVoyWWluQ

She's vegan.

Dude just read the OP. Billie's ENTIRE image is phony.

Let me post the pasta so you get a more vivid understanding:
>fakes being deep
>fakes being socially conscious
>fakes being edgy
>fakes being "ghetto"
>fakes being depressed
>lied about how Ocean Eyes was created four different times
>lied about her brother writing and producing all her material
>lied about her parents' industry connections
>lied about being poor
>lied about how and when she was signed to Interscope/UMG
>lied about her abrupt image change
>lied about clout chasing SoundCloud rappers

Of course, she was eating vegan wings, I caught that fact, but that is still not acceptable for that beverage. You can't substitute any old dairy product in any context with almond milk, especially not with fuck grape soda. You try that.

And it demonstrates that being a vegan is probably a lie too. She probably does drink that with regular milk, but forgot she was served almond milk and tried it out, and you can see her disgust.

Yeah I've read that over the past few days, good job spreading it, but how can people defend her? The melon defended her! This is indefensible. Could you imagine Lester Bangs putting up with this shit? What the fuck is going on?

This bitch needs an Iggy Azalea level of backlash.

I can't wait for Denzel to perform this in front of all those 12-year old girls.

>This bitch needs an Iggy Azalea level of backlash.
No one is going to attack a teenage girl. The typical excuse is "well she doesn't know any better", but if she's "wise beyond her years" or whatever you'd expect her to be aware of these things.

As a fan of this show, you can clearly hear how Sean is talking to her differently than other guests. He clearly does not have any connection towards her, does not have any particular interest in her, and for someone who usually takes the time to study them beforehand, he was really going through the motions when he brought up anything about her past.

Also, the overacted responses towards her attempts at humor, as if he's fulfilling an expectation with his reactions and interactions, and plain actions.

Oh boohoo, a 17 year old was criticized. They execute 17 year olds in her country.

Can someone please tell me why someone as respectable as him is white-knighting this no-talent thot?

a job's a job. it's you got a thousand dollars to serve some slut some hot wings and talk for 10 minutes you'd do it

I noticed that too.

I was talking about why Denzel Curry is going on tour with Billie and seems to be hellbent on caping for her, when he's clearly the more talented and respectable artist.

youtube.com/watch?v=YL2HRdjDKnw

Why has her voice gone down the toilet? She can barely hit the high notes in her own song.

It's a lot in the way he often addresses her with her name. He's essentially talking at her at some points.

She can barely hit notes in her song in any of the registers.

Explain.

She probably doesn't actually sing this song much. She probably recorded the parts in a much the same way Brian Eno recorded piano (overdubs out the ass for individual notes)

she's sharp in her altos, flat in her mezzo-sopranos, and all over the place when she goes tenor, and Lord us help us should she try to jump ranges in mid-phrase

She's autotuned and compressed heavily in the "studio" version of this tho, who knows how loud or well she can really hit the high parts.

You think her whisper singing is damaging her vocals at all? Because this is what I usually see in threads about her whenever her voice is brought up.

For comparison, you can barely hear her on the hook in the song she did with Ultimate Man, since his booming voice and the loud beat smother her entirely. No fucking clue how they're going to perform that live.

She's not going to be able to hit those notes if she keeps it up and doesn't learn better technique.

She'll be ironically self-aware about it, if that other performance is any indication.

Sorry to pester you but I lack the musical knowledge to make a good judgement. Thoughts on this performance?
youtube.com/watch?v=g-EkFWQGv3A

She does sound better here DESU.

I can't be harsh, it's servicable, although she can certainly benefit from some projection. She seems to lack the hops to have any real nuance with any of it though. It's a bit of a bummer, because those parents could've put that money towards some lessons. She's not -that- bad in this context.

Her consonants are a bit breathy tho, it's a bit bothersome. That's why she needs a few lessons. She'd benefit.

But look at who is imparting the nuances: The borther. Huh. Almost as if this is his brainchild and she's simply the face of it, but what a crazy misogynistic notion. Spank me, melon.

>lack the hops

CHOPS, lack the CHOPS

My thoughts exactly. She needs to learn how to belt and better her range. She'd do much, much better.

It's not even the range, this range and intonation wasn't that bad, but she can't release the air for her notes while still making it sound like words are coming from her mouth. She's punishing her own lyrics for her lack of talent. Hence, the breathy consonants. She's not Patty Waters, but she's not Rebecca Black.

youtube.com/watch?v=-u5gDCNwTiw

Anyways, as a present to anyone who has had to hear Billie Bullshit, enjoy instead this masterful performance by Patty Waters. An absolute classic.

In case you don't know, her actual backstory is: professional actor/musician bro wrote Ocean Eyes for his band, she sang it and gave it to her dance instructor to choreograph a dance to, she posted it to SoundCloud, it blew up "out of nowhere" (cough cough), and with no other musical experience to her name she was signed to Interscope and payola'd down everyone's throat since 2017.

The big highlighted sentence here is "no other musical experience to her name". She was signed to a major label with almost nothing behind her, if that's any indication of why her vocal abilities are lacking.

youtube.com/watch?v=LoWfnFJ52rc

Patti Smith, at 72 years old, could project louder while TALKING than Billie the 17 year old can while singing. Nevermind, Kate Bush had her first album out at 17 too.

youtube.com/watch?v=-lOphHxe28M

This is her at 17. And I keep hearing about how Billie Bullshit is gonna do Wuthering Heights? lmao write your own Wuthering Heights, you fucking nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=FKU73RmWOkU

DUDE, Kate Bush is singing this fucking masterpiece while performing it on piano at the same fucking age as Billie Bullshit, and this daft cunt wants us to care about her God awful Wuthering Heights karaoke session?

I think you posted the wrong video.

You think Billie knows who Kate and Patti even are? She says Avril and Lana are her biggest influences.

You both had 17 years, I don't care how poor you want to lie and claim to have been. What are you even doing??

ew, yes, I did

I don't even think she knows who Avirl and Lana are, I have that much contempt towards her.

I mean Shillie's parents are MUSICIANS themselves. Why could they teach her to sing and play a fucking instrument as well as Kate?

Tbf I've never seen proof that they're good musicians, just information claiming they're "songwriters."

I'm re-archiving this thread and sending it to Melon. He's going to have a heart attack reading through this.

in that case here's the proper Patty Waters link

youtube.com/watch?v=NLy8cZgvjJA

So Melon can complain about how she sounds like she's trying to sound weird

Stunning performance.

She has a MUCH better grasp on singing than Shillie.

billie eilish be all like *industry plant noises*

bUt ShE cAn SiNg WuThErInG hEiGhTs In ThE oRiGiNaL kEy YoU iNcEl.

Industry plants happen just get on board or ignore the cunt. If you just keep whining this bitch will end up living rent free inside your head until you decide to shoot up a school

And Patty was 18-19 at the time of recording. Right in Billie's age range. No one is setting unreasonable expectations.

I don't give a fuck if she lives rent free in my head if I'm making my head a living Hell for her to live within. She can suffer the scorn of my thoughts as long as I desire, but that bitch ain't getting a cent outta me.

Plants destroy culture.

I mean, with all of her family's connections to industry professionals you have to ask why no one ever stepped in and taught her proper singing technique.

I'm betting she'll have to rely heavily on backplay during her upcoming live shows, especially if she and her black beauty are going to be performing duets in front of loud industrial trap beats.

desu I always felt the same way about Kanye West, I guess she's so preoccupied with marketing and promotion and interviews, etc. Plus, she's probably too lazy to actually put in the effort.

Anyways, here's another 17 year old who could actually sing: youtube.com/watch?v=BkSYlY0KGkA

At least Kanye has credibility to him as an artist, in the sense he produces shit with real substance. Billie on the other hand is entirely driven by empty hype. Oh hell, her social media clout (15 million IG followers, 3 million likes on a her pic within 24 hours) is proving more vital to her career than her actual music.

Of course, Blood on the Leaves is one of the greatest songs ever desu~ She's an utter mess of a human being in comparison.

Her fake ghetto accent is horrid to listen to.

bUt BiLlIe Is A cHiLd PrOdIgY yOu InCeL

Gah, you caught me. I'm a sexless virgin with a small penis. That's why I think Kate Bush is better: My small, misogynistic penis.

Social media clout has nothing to do with the quality of the music, and it can distract from it.

Lil Pump has 17 million followers on IG yet his latest album flopped (it was terrible, which was to be expected). Shillie can go on as many media outlets as she wants, rank up as many millions of followers as she wants, but that's not going to mean shit in terms of her musical abilities or how well she conveys them.

Also the more I look at her the more it's becoming clear her brother is the real artist. His sister is just a figurehead. You can be sure they're going to get into creative control disputes, probably financial ones too down the road.

the first thing he literally said was he is bothered by how she DENIES being one

I mean, I'd love nothing more than for her to prove me wrong, but she'd have to put in time and effort and she almost definitely won't do what it takes. Maybe the brother has potential.

>zoomer Joan Baez
>'yo yo yo we shall overcommmmme yo yo yo'

lmao

Do people really say this about her? Her interviews prove she’s really stupid, like more so than your average American 17-tear old.

He's obviously fucking her.

Attached: apreludetocoalburning.png (1080x319, 72K)

He seems to be.
youtube.com/watch?v=l-J8waq0unI

your cat is a fat fuck

this but unironically

You live in flyover country and have no idea what an actual art/music scene is like because the only thing you have exposure to is mass media.

There is "real art/music" happening and being made right now, don't let your false disillusion give undue credit to vapid pop stars for merely making a career to survive. They're aping something that's still authentic at the real life community level.

>icky poor people can't make or understand art
>only the anointed upper social strata of a handful of coastal cities have Real Art Scenes
douche chills

you just got owned, Donovan did Bob Dylan better than Dylan...

I'm a middle class tradesman and live in New Orleans. I grew up in rural Mississippi. There was no art in my entire town, at all. I never saw real art, I never saw a real musician, and as the "punk kid" in my class of 109, I listened to the handful of biggest bands. I had to get my parents to drive me 40 minutes one way to the closest c.d. store.

Now I'm literally surrounded by art and music and don't think either my upbringing or adult life is all that unique in regards to my exposure and the general availability of culture.

only difference is Juice is actually good

This, compare this to the one with Ramsay where you can see actual respect and admiration for the guest, he even seemed to get somewhat nervous at time
With Billie the whole thing is like "oh, its my turn to clean the urinals again? Welp, lets get it over with"

He really isn't, c'mon now

youtube.com/watch?v=XVNIMfccvgw

compare this to any billie song

>Compare bad song to bad song
Oh wow user you really got me there, now i like him

Holy fuck this shit sounds annoying

Unironically i prefer billie, she can actually sing to some degree, and looks fuckable, way more than juice could ever achieve desu

who tf cares man, idk who that even is, but it seems like you're pretty mad. just listen to good shit and fuck everything else. /thread

>looks fuckable
anything to you would look fuckable

I have to agree, she doesn't look bad when she isn't wearing supreme patty's hand me downs

Yes.

>two obvious plants signed to the same label

calling himself Dylan instead of Zimmerman

Jesus, you sound like a pretentious faggot.

>Billie Eilish as the "zoomer Joan Baez"

This is facepalm on so many levels. I might not be a fan of Joan's liberalism or her pacifism but the woman has real street cred in that she got involved in civil disobedience-type activism before making it big as as singer-songwriter (not to mention she can sing like no one's fucking business even if she's singing Bob's words rather than her own). Meanwhile I'm certain Billie hasn't even been to a BLM rally.

Attached: late-capitalism.jpg (1100x733, 119K)

From everything that's been released so far, the album doesn't seem like it's going to be that impressive, basically run-of-the-mill electronic pop with indie girl vocals.

If every song Billie did sounded like You Should See Me In a Crown or Bury a Friend then maybe it would be right to call her the "SoundCloud Lorde". Now her music just sounds generic and personality-less.

This is literally awkward to watch.I had to stop a few times. Just everything about it makes me feel uncomfortable.

>all the vitriol and hate ITT
jeez, does anyone here actually like her?

>Billie Eilish is the hyper-talented singer/songwriter
>hyper-talented

what exactly makers her more talented than other pop singers?

Attached: mfw.jpg (132x132, 9K)

i like her hair and tits, does that count? the metal chain is pretty cool too. musically and visually she combines a lot of things that typically appeal to me, but it's like comparing a real diamond to one made of plastic. one has substance, weight, an emotional attraction. but with billie it's just a facade with not much underneath.

that said i'm excited for her album because i literally just listened to some of her stuff for the first time a couple days ago, and i want to find something likeable. in particular, ocean eyes was such shit. i like minimalist music too but damn, does she have to scrape the soul out of everything, too?

>i like her hair and tits
*knock knock knock* fbi open up

imagine this threesome

Suburban white teens and their moms btfo in one swift motion. I don't like Billie but this is objectively based

Would you rather listen to the Jewish Mexican or William Eyelash?

Jumex is unironically better

Please do I wanna see

Curry is a professional raper he would NEVER sexually exploit a teenage white girl!!

She’s white and underage. Why do you think?

what do you think of his lil jumex tracks?

Fantano and SpectrumPulse love her.

How do they compare to the garbage he’s released recently?

You are possibly the most retarded person I've ever seen on Yea Forums, congratulations

more importantly how did she get a khalid collab that quick

>Radio Stations/Streaming Platforms/Critics are praising her music, i genuinely can't figure out if they really DO like her music

you really think a pop radio show host is gonna start beef with an artist? dumb guy

They're "friends".

shes a cutie

Or, how did she get an uncredited feature on AOTY 2018 with such a shit body of work?

She and Denzel are "friends".

Willy Eyelashes is the musical equivalent of a tight T-shirt in pastel pink sold at Forever 21 which reads in bold black letters: "You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same."

In fact I'd go even further and say she's Forever 21 personified.

imagine the smell

>accusing a survivor of molestation of molesting a child
Fuck off.

On God bro

I have absolutely no idea who this is?

Is it an American thing?

So yes then, keep her along with all memerap/trap bollocks

seething

She is a meme.

Pierce Brosnan sure has a good taste in pussy.

But that's how it usually happens.

Normie larp sells, it appeals to the "I'm not like other girls" stereotype that a lot of girls are itching to validate themselves with these days, all to try and hide the fact that really they're just a bunch of boring drones

Attached: 1553261308055.jpg (645x773, 38K)

The law of hipsterdom: youth who insist their style and tastes are "unique" all end up having identical style and tastes.

Why do you even fucking remotely care user. Yeah it sucks but the world sucks. People die of disease or get raped for no reason other than seemingly random chance. She is just another random creation of the world. You obviously don’t like her music, so stop paying attention to her. It’s that simple.

>Why the fuck did it take friendships with woke rappers in order to get her to be aware of real-world shit when she grew up in a gentrification cesspool and was surrounded by literal race-based and class-based human displacements?

please stop being a libtard, thanks

>'you're a faggot if you're politically aware'

Kinda sad how 'politically aware' came to mean 'subscribing to the most boring orthodoxies of progressivism.'

Is there video of her just ripping ass full on BRAPPPPPP in an interview? Seems like there would be

Someone has to have made a youtube poop of it by now.

You can tell her whisper singing is purely aesthetic, whereas Billie probably whispers because that's the only way she sounds pleasing to the ear and on-key.

He sees she's being exploited by her label and is trying to "protect" her no doubt.

Think about it. Her musical existence is entirely a label creation hence the constant payola and shilling; at this point she IS the clown from the Clout Cobain video.

I never want to see this again.