According to RYM. These two are the greatest albums made by a black person

According to RYM. These two are the greatest albums made by a black person.
Agree?

Attached: C2FEB050-A0C3-400A-8980-88BB2DDD30D8.jpg (750x730, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-UgaNdtapY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>According to RYM
Stopped reading there

according to me you should ask this question on their forums and fuck off

What are the demographics of RYM users?

To pimp a butterfly is so overrated holy fuck i wanna spoon my eyes out when someone calls that their favorite album

No

free jazz > kind of blue
also late davis is better

Busdriver makes better rap than Kendrick and better jazz than Davis.

TPAB is only popular on RYM

>hip-hop garbage is the 13th greatest album ever made
The absolute state of RYM

>Not a Wesley Willis album
RYM? Shut it down.

Weird cuz im on Yea Forums and I think it’s the best rap album ever made

even if this is a joke kys

Listen to the last minute and a half of for sale

Congratulation, you are officially the most retarded poster on the entirety of Yea Forums

>What are the demographics of RYM users?
Not sure but the amount of jazz AND metal albums on there which are bolded is staggering, so I'd gather male and of all ages.

Congratulation, you hold Yea Forumscore in disproportionately high regard

I actually don't really like kind of blue relative to what coltrane was doing at the time and what miles came to be doing

tpab is incredibly overrated

*blocks your path*

Attached: songs.jpg (1058x1058, 187K)

>hip-hop is good
Can this meme please end already, it's been going for way too long

How about greatest albums made by vegetarians

No there are way better Jazz records than Kind of Blue. It's a great record, but I like Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers more. I'd take Mingus playing piano by himself over most Miles Davis records. Kind of Blue is genius though.

Low End Theory is better than To Pimp a Butterfly. Indisputably. Kendrick is popular and so people will claim he's the best, but A Tribe Called Quest will always sound better.

busdriver is terrible. i thought his "jazz" flow was a gimmick but the shit went on for his entire last album what the fuck lol.

it has fake ratings to boost it

GKMC>>>>>>TPAB

Seriously, TPAB is a good rap album but at it's best it's sophomoric. The instrumentation is interesting but it's ruined by largely banal lyrics. How Much a Dolla Cost is a song with a good message, he has something to say which is rare for rap, but it's still delivered poorly

>Best "authentic and vibrant" negroe music according to NPR.

>good rap album
No such thing

nah

White people are better at niggers at everything

Best jazz album: Hot Rats

Best hip hop album: Endtroducing

Best rap album: Pauls Boutique

i agree even though your pompous tone makes it hard

>Low End Theory is better than To Pimp a Butterfly
Imagine thinking something as retarded as this. TPAB is overrated but definitely better than the Low-End Theory.

TPAB is the result of an a hybrid digital-and-traditional ensemble, that use live Jazz tools alongside electronic techniques to produce something completely new. In this aspect TPAB is much more innovative than LET in terms of instrumentation. LET didn't bring anything new to the table, it's literally just a compilation of "lol let's put a low-end filter on this sample and use it as a sample", nothing new at all. Kendrick created a fresh, new and innovative instrumentation by putting Flying Lotus, Thundercat and Terrace Martin in a team, and he did something much more interesting in terms of "Jazz Hip Hop" than anyone before.

And Kendrick Lamar is a better rapper than most of ATCQ except maybe Q-Tip. He can do all types of flow(from), and know how to dictate a groove with his rhymes. He has an absolute power on how to put his syllables and stress them on the beat, and a lot of the times will put syllables ahead of the beat to emphasize a feeling of worry, or slightly behind the beat to create a feeling of relaxation. He is also a far better story-teller than most members of ATCQ.

Miles - yes
Lamar - no

Also, Kendrick literally invented polyrhythmic Rap on TPAB.

Listen to "How Much A Dollar Cost", the instrumental has a 3:4 polyrhythm in it, and Kendrick combines groups of 3 or 6 with groups of 4 and 8 to switch back and forth between those two rhythm sets while Rapping. Nobody fucking did this in Rap before, and I would love to see more of this in Rap, because it makes the rhythmic interplay of the vocals with the beat much more interesting

>TPAB is much more innovative than LET in terms of instrumentation.
You really can’t be more innovative than an album that basically gave birth to the genre. Not trying to imply it’s the first Jazz rap album. But nothing sounded like LET. It was as perfect as a blend of Jazz and Hip Hop could be.

>Best jazz album: Hot Rats
>Best hip hop album: Endtroducing
>Best rap album: Pauls Boutique
Yikes.

>it took hip-hop multiple decades to come up with polyrhythms
lmao

>rap
>good
>music
naaaaah nigga

The Temptations, Supremes, Kool G, Don Shirley, Mahavishnu, Hendrix, Funkadelic, James Brown, Bob Marley, Stevie Wonder, Domino, 24-7 Spyz. That is Black Music, Kendrick and all his nigga friends is just an evil plan to keep blacks down.

>Kool G
But he's Rapper.

no he's a poet

He is Rapper
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-UgaNdtapY

i think it’s super overrated, but it’s pretty universally acclaimed user

b&r
>posters still falling for the Low End Theory meme
Midnight Marauders blows it out of the water

He means Kool G And The Gang

TPAB is a great album but mad overrated by HipHop fans born after 2000

There are like 15+ HipHop albums from the 90s that are way better than TPAB

nope, it is objectively A Love Supreme by Coltrane and Doggystyle by Snoop Dogg

>Best jazz album: Hot Rats
Wanna know how I know that you don't actually listen to jazz?