LP3

It's been less than 24 hours, thoughts?

Attached: american-football-lp3.jpg (1500x1500, 1.04M)

have not listened.
will not listen.

Wait, is their name actually Americ Anfootball? I thought it was just a stylistic choice for that one album, not the actual spelling.

no i think its just american football

Fucking idiot

I'm listening to it for the first time right now, so far it's really enjoyable

If that's not their name, why do they write it that way?

Gra
phic
Desig
n is
My Pas
sion

idk bros, it doesn't feel like the first record? Is that a bad thing?

8/10 on first listen
Listening to it again rn to see if my opinion changes

no its americ
______anfootball

Much more focused than lp2, yet doesn't have the heart of lp1, although I don't think anyone was really expecting that.
It's pretty solid, but 3/4 the way through, you kinda get tired of all the songs being so samey

5/10

sorry

This album is really hard to sit through in one listen and I don't really see myself giving it a spin many times in a row, contrary to LP1, which I still can play on repeat for days. Mike needs to change something up about his singing because he sounds the same throughout the whole album. This is one of the reasons why this band sounds more like Owen with twinkly guitars these days. The guest vocalists are fine, but nothing special. And I still think that the intro to Silhouettes is too fucking long.
On the other hand, I really liked the instrumentation on this one quite a bit! It's much better than LP2 in that regard, 'cause it has flutes, glockenspiel, vibraphones etc. Trumpet, as usual, is also present and it's lines are quite nice. I actually think that riffs on this album are overall much better than those on LP2. Desire Gets In The Way is still my favorite post-LP1 track when it comes to riffs though.
What really irritates me is that this album is just about as clean and sanitary as LP2, which really detracts from it's character and makes it sooooo much less comfy. Obviously, I'm not even gonna tell you how deeply I miss the rawness of LP1 and how much it imo would improve this album.
Haven't read into lyrics at all, but will definitely do so soon.
Overall, it's an OK album. But I hardly see myself returning to it all that often. Maybe I'll play a track or two occasionally but that's probably it.
Also, this should be obvious at this point, but LP1 > LP3 > LP2 and you have to be severely retarded to rank them in a different order.

And most importantly, I dislike this album cover a lot and want the house back. Why the fuck would they get rid of the house?

Attached: siGYGoi.png (496x359, 187K)

I agree with pretty much everything you say actually. As far as the house goes, I think this album and them in general want to move away from the house, figuratively and literally. They're older and wiser, but still the same drunks from the house. Mike's grown up, he's a father now.

I like it. It's not their best but it's very much the sound of American Football.

bump, I forgot it came out today. Listening to silhouettes rn, and I'd say it's pretty gud.

Keep us in touch

I've listened to it about 3 times completely and I think it's great.

good post mostly agree with everything here

2nd track ended, still pretty gud

someone bought the house

I love it. inb4 nostalgia fags say "it's not like the old ones!" is that really such a bad thing? yeah LP1 and LP2 were great, but Mike Kinsella is always moving from one style to the next.

First impressions, none of the tracks are as memorable as "never meant" for ex, but there's still something here. Each track has something interesting going on. RN I'd say it's like a 7.75/10.

it sucks

You have a right to your opinion user.

After 2 full listens and countless listens of the 4 singles beforehand it's definitely my AOTYSF - 8.5/10

Loving the dream pop/math rock fusion and the atmospheric approach. LP1 is obviously a classic and still my favourite but right now it looks like this won't be far behind.

Fav tracks: Silhouettes, Uncomfortably Numb, Heir Apparent

it's really solid but one thing that bugs me is the crystal clear sound of this album compared to the warm, nostalgic LP1