I want to hear Yea Forums‘s picks for best new music

I want to hear Yea Forums‘s picks for best new music.
What is the best music that’s relatively new?

Attached: 8B1D7966-2238-40E7-8C66-90001C038BD6.jpg (984x1064, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UwI-CV0I4ww
youtube.com/watch?v=yzs1WZg-dFg
youtube.com/watch?v=t2PpWTKDedA
youtube.com/watch?v=HipVtnDV_zI
youtube.com/watch?v=YiZHnaNBEQA
youtube.com/watch?v=lI08bVTWW44
youtube.com/watch?v=cthijJBxunk
youtube.com/watch?v=80RGn6kHUSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Caretaker's latest project, Everywhere at the End of Time, is the most important musical project of the decade by far. Listen to parts 1-6 in order, and you'll just be blown away.

First of all, Caretaker doesnt make “new” music, so youre dead in the water right off the bat. Second of all, it’s not good, so you have failed me doubly, user. Nice try (i guess)

On the other hand, if you're looking for something that's an easy 8, but not quite top tier, I'd go with Brendan Byrnes' Neutral Paradise. It's a really cool microtonal album with enough pop sound to make it accessible, but an underlying musical talent which adds some depth to the pieces.

>microtonal
>good
Jesus Christ tripfag can you try suggesting something that’s not obscurist shit?

>EATEOT was released in 2019
>Not "new" music
The other claim is your flawed opinion, (i guess)

So fucking good. Never thought I'd ever be this into a new release from The Faint again. I had forever relegated them in my mind to "stuff I listened to in high school" but this new one is excellent.

Attached: egowerk the faint.jpg (700x700, 45K)

It may have been recently taken care of, but the music is not new.

i think clarence clarity has serious potential.

Fine, Here's babby's first new music for you. Beware of Dogs by Stella Donnelly is fun to listen to, and feels fresh and light in the context of all the doom and gloom surrounding 2018's musical landscape.

This is really great, user! Sadly, OP'll be to pussy to try it.

Attached: Foals_Part1EverythingNotSavedWillBeLost.jpg (600x600, 147K)

I’m already listening to it. I take your recs seriously user
Not even gonna come at your for this obvious samefag, i assume you are making some sort of ironic point.
I cant say I’m really into the trend of whatever this sound is (Gus Dapperton, the boy with the pastel guitar, etc). Gives me a strong ‘wrong generation’ vibe

Pic related will already probably be way up there, like top 10 or 5, for me when the year ends.
Same goes for Plastic Anniversary but Fantano reviewing it has kind of ruined discussion of it on here.

Attached: Liv.jpg (500x500, 53K)

For the record, I'm the guy who suggested the new Faint album and I'm not the tripfag sperging up the thread.

On this postI was responding to this user, not myself. Literally check post numbers.
I'd say BoD is less 'wrong generation' and more 'oh look so quirky'. However, Stella seems to be aware, and skirts the line between self-consciousness and irony.

They've shown a lot of growth since minus.

Tried it, I see the artistry here but it’s not what I want to listen to more than once. This is more like best wild n crazy music-like art piece.
Maroon 5 for zoomers (check this screenshot in 5 years)
Good point regarding my ineptitude. I think it’s both so quirky as well as wrong generation (in that they use retro sound palettes, even down to her vocal stylings which I assume is supposed to be a call out to punk singers like from xray specs
I didnt listen to the Faint in high school and I really dont want to now

Nor asking this in an angry way since you didn't really insult my pick (Liv) but what're some of your picks then?

At least Stella Donnelly shows skill in the way she pays homage. To me, it reminds me a lot of Heavenly

I dont have any that’s why I made this thread (but also so i could do rapid skim-throughs on everyone’s picks and give half-baked retorts)

couldn't agree more, I'm really happy with this. I'd compare it to getting Dead Magic early in the year in 2018, although that said that one did fall off a bit for me over the rest of the year.

Could you give some of your favorites from 2018, and/or genres you like? I've been listening to a lot of albums from this year, maybe you'll like at least one of the ones I have

Liv just feels so much more unconventional in its arrangements and the overall vibe coming off of the album.

Give me something that recognizably slaps

lmao sorry idk what you mean by "slaps" exactly. Is it pretty much the same as saying a track is a banger? In which case probably something hip-hop?

Nothing in this thread has any soul, can you post something with soul? No it doesnt have to be a banger or be hiphop to slap.

Best I could come up with off the top of my head. In no real order except I put a couple hip-hop albums first.

>Good for Nuthin
youtube.com/watch?v=UwI-CV0I4ww
>Wet Dirt
youtube.com/watch?v=yzs1WZg-dFg
>Du Blonde (prolly the one with the most "soul" of these)
youtube.com/watch?v=t2PpWTKDedA
>ALL
youtube.com/watch?v=HipVtnDV_zI
>Eton Alive
youtube.com/watch?v=YiZHnaNBEQA
youtube.com/watch?v=lI08bVTWW44
>Galactica
youtube.com/watch?v=cthijJBxunk
>The Winter
youtube.com/watch?v=80RGn6kHUSM

Attached: topsters2.jpg (2521x374, 115K)

i refuse to believe a foals album is good

Du Blonde definitely slaps thanks bro i like it