I don't know if any of the people that cared about Plantasia are still even here...

I don't know if any of the people that cared about Plantasia are still even here, but it's being re-issued on vinyl / cassette / CD at the moment on Sacred Bones Records.
Comes like pic related and on green vinyl. Also comes on some weird color if you join their club thing.

Attached: sbr3030-mort-garson-black_1024x1024.jpg?v=1553025556.jpg (1024x725, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/findingplantasia/finding-plantasia
exclusives.discogs.com/product/mort-garson-cassette/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thats cool, it is a pleasant album.

Could I still impress art hoes with it or have they moved on from?

this album was ameme like 8 years ago why try to cash in now lol

based
can't wait to pirate it again

>sacred bones records
that's why, they're a pleb label who only now became aware of this meme

Is it a real stereo, not distorted release?

hows this a meme. theres lots of "obscure" electronic music from that era thats way better.

Boomer meme.

the cover and name got a lot of normies to think it was something special. i remember it being memed by buzzband blogs as far back as 10 years ago

oh i opened the picture, yeah, vegans. of course.

i'd cop if i wasn't poor

Link? I want to buy one.

lol the original pressing sells for 200$+. this is what happens when you turn an album into a tumblr meme 15 years ago

im sure theyll be selling it at your local urban outfitters lmao

it's catchy and fun
also some of the songs sound like video game music

youve hardly listened to any other progressive electronic records of the same era have you? there 100s of other albums that are catchy and fun and sound like video game music...

ahh fuck it why not, it might be worth slightly more than retail in a while. thanks for the tip user

it's comfy

not only that, there's lots of even better Mort Garson releases. Plantasia is honestly one of his worst and only loved by tourists

Attached: ataraxia.jpg (600x600, 117K)

other albums doesnt had the epic so random wacky funny picture art and concept

It’s been a meme since the late 70s and the SF punk bands who were into easy listening music and tikis lol

Most of the people who listen to this album are thoroughly exhausting their reference points by mentioning video game music as a comparison so be gentle

some of his other albums are even more kitshy and weird conceptualy

punk tiki? wtf is there any album that does this crossover? i love tiki and exotica

this one is söy friendly.

nah its before onions was a thing. its cause it looks good on your tumblr feed next to artsy pictures of plants

ITT: Plant haters

The original vinyl was only sold through like mail order when people bought a specific mattress in the 70s. Obscurity gave rise to cult following.

God I forgot about this. Based

awesome marketing strategy. will try it.

So I can finally pirate a CD rip?

It's up on streaming services too. Not sure if it was there before, but it's definitely there now.
Additionally, it has exclusive versions up on Bleep and Rough Trade (and maybe VinylMePlease soon?)
Pic related is the other variant up at Sacred Bones
This documentary about it got funded about a month ago. Basically two guys going on a road trip raiding goomer's attics looking for Plantasia. Hopefully it'll be nice.
kickstarter.com/projects/findingplantasia/finding-plantasia

Attached: sbr3030-mort-garson-green_1024x1024.jpg?v=1553025556.jpg (1024x725, 72K)

might get a player just for this. Why does everyone on this board try to be so pseud and ahead of things? Sure, this was a meme a while ago but it's still such a great album.

>Why does everyone on this board try to be so pseud and ahead of things?
On one hand, the best part of Yea Forums is it's encouragement of discussion of albums that aren't talked about much, if at all.
On the other hand, the growth in traffic in the board over the past like five years has contradicted that whole first part by making it so only discussion of meme albums or meme musicians gets more than 30 unique IPs per thread.
It's really just that this board is an ouroboros with brain damage.

Thanks OP, just ordered.
I made a pretty trippy animation for the first track in my After Effects class back in college. I'll try to see if I still have it somewhere

Attached: 1541669779661.png (586x619, 602K)

>cassette
where? I only see it for vinyl/cd

>Why does everyone on this board try to be so pseud and ahead of things?
its basic bitch shit dude, whats the problem with calling things for what they are. you want us to be all "omg this is the best day of my life" about it? you prefer that, bro?

exclusives.discogs.com/product/mort-garson-cassette/

holy autism, I'm just explaining why people like this. I don't like this album. why are electronic fans this spergy

How retarded are you? What's the point in exploring a genre of music if you're expected to stop liking things as you listen to more and more albums? People generally listen to an entry level album and think "I like this, I want more" and then they hear albums they like even more, but that doesn't mean they have to turn around and say "Eh, that's not actually good and it's entry level." If you do this you're probably a pseud faggot. Actually, you're a pseud faggot for coming into this thread just to whine about how this album is entry level in the first place. Neck yourself.

well you obviously dont understand why ppl like it. cause the definiing characteristics you gave are the same as 1000s of other albums from that same era.

im not saying you cant like it. im saying you are a normie who knows nothing about music. i like the album but recognize there are tons of other albums just like it. many which are better ort have just as interesting aesthetics and lore

Great. I Love that album

are you retarded? just because other albums have similar qualities doesn't mean most people have gone out of their way to listen to those albums. it's like you say, this album just happened to take off and develop meme status, so of all the albums like it, this is the one that happened to pop up in youtube recommended feeds and shit. people listened to it and liked it for various reasons, and there's probably dozens of albums they'd also like but it's not being spoonfed via youtube recs so they never get around to discovering or listening to those.

the defining characteristics of fucking sgt pepper can be applied to literally hundreds of albums but that doesn't mean everyone who likes them should also be expected to like some private press psych pop, so if someone says "People like Sgt Pepper because it's catchy and kind of trippy" you'd be stupid to say "clearly not because lots of catchy and trippy stuff is out there but they don't listen to that"

fuckin smooth brain over here holy shit. think before posting.

You are the single most autistic faggot on the planet. Post your rym account so I can make fun of you for spending dozens of hours of your life exploring the "top 100 progressive electronic albums" chart and acting like you're really intellectual for doing so. Waste of fucking oxygen.

That's a great color for the vinyl

Attached: 1536880305535.jpg (474x460, 48K)

Hearing news of reissues like this is one of the only reasons to visit Yea Forums anymore lol

once they rerelease that i’ll get that too. However
>one of his worst
no. It’s charming and relaxing with great melodies and a million times better than that hilarious zodiac shit

you haven't heard any of his albums outside of plantasia so your opinion is literally worthless

This is like Google clickbait newsfeed tier lol

>what is reading comprehension

nice
sacred bones are based as fuck no matter what autists on this board say