ITT: Post your favorite album and your relationship with your parents

Attached: 91r3f7RUobL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 439K)

Favorite album: your least favorite
Relationship with parents: whatever will make you upset the most

I like talking to my dad, but he can be sort of a dick sometimes. I love my mom no matter what.

Attached: 220px-Joanna_Newsom_-_Have_One_On_Me.jpg (220x220, 24K)

>dad is like a best friend, has been more active in my life since I turned 18
>couldn't give a shit less about my mom that's stolen money from me, and cannot hold onto a job to save her life

Attached: KidA.png (1200x1200, 2.11M)

Your dad is based

I'm fine with my mother, but I don't go out of my way to talk to her. Very good relationship with dad.

Attached: 51pxPAqdlfL._SX355_.jpg (355x352, 17K)

based on what?

>:^(

>dad divorced when i was 9 months old, kept visiting until i was 4 years old and i have a tough relationship with my mother but we still love eachother

Attached: pinkerton.jpg (1920x1080, 457K)

my father was still a dirty bitch and stole mone from my mother

money*
fucking hell

>My dad was a drunk asshole and I felt great relief when he died and my life has improved greatly since
>My mom is the best person I know, though I guess our relationship's a little awkward

oops forgot the album

Attached: spiderland_1303926063_crop_550x550.jpg (550x550, 131K)

Anyone who likes AnCo has parents who are embarrassed of them

redneck mom despises me, east slav dad still loves me

Attached: cover.jpg (316x316, 18K)

great album

Have no idea why this album would grow on me this much but here we are

>asian parents
>live in a government housing shithole
>both are elementary school dropouts
>dad has a disease that makes him unable to work
>no one is going to hire him at his age anyways
>mom works her ass off for slightly above minimum wage
>barely talks to them, never goes out with them
>they hate me

Attached: 81c0NAeq46L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 13K)

get out as soon as possible

>mother is controlling a ruined all the relationships I've been in, haven't talked for a month
>dad has the mind of an old man and would beat the shit of me if I cursed when I'm almost 20
>both overbearing helicopter parents who seem to only think what they're doing it right

I'm planning on running away to another city soon and starting life with a girl I met

Attached: 81LXLdjUsgL._SX355_.jpg (355x314, 10K)

Dad passed away five years ago, but we had a good relationship before his death. My mom lives on her own halfway across the country, but she and I have a good relationship and I visit her when my schedule permits.

Attached: DG.jpg (500x500, 62K)

mum is dead since 2015
dad is fine, I love him but we struggle to understand each other

Attached: 81cpVFGmRfL._SL1437_-750x750.jpg (750x750, 112K)

call your mom today user

Favourite album : Around The Fur by Deftones.
Relationship with parents : Never knew my dad. Passed away while my mom was pregnant with me. My mom also passed away a few years back but was a fucking angel when she was here. Orphan life eats ass.

>Dad is a good father, but kind of absent in my life and never really makes the effort to connect with me in any way
>Mom is amazing, but can get kind of crazy and be completely irrational. Clearly not everything is there mentally for her, but she usually does her best. I can talk to her about most things.

Attached: Finally_We_Are_No_One.jpg (325x311, 39K)

Get along well with my mother, my father is my best friend.

Attached: 9761458D-49A8-49FA-9CAA-016FF2044941.jpg (500x500, 82K)

i love my mother so much, shes my true best friend when i think about it. my dad is quite harsh and not as empathetic but he has good intentions, but our relationship is quite rocky

Attached: download4.jpg (238x212, 4K)

My dad and I get along and we often build shit or go hiking together
Nothing against my mom we’re fine I suppose

Attached: 30DD07EC-4B1A-40EC-B995-87917794E0C0.jpg (700x700, 44K)

Favourite Album: Same as You OP
Relationship with parents: I talk to both of them quite often, I speak with my dad about film and music quite often and i speak to my mother about how my life is going
Its a pretty good one

Attached: MPP Album Cover.png (1500x1500, 3.34M)

based, son

I really love my parents but I hate making them sad with my life. They love me too, especially my dad. Mom can be mean sometimes tho.

Attached: Cover.jpg (945x945, 383K)

My mom is like an obsessive personality who has been warped from an abusive relationship with my stepdad who feels like everyone is out to get her all the time. Talking with her varies between her cycling through peace or lamenting angrily about her current life, very much about family ties despite our family being shit.

My dad was an alcoholic who sucks with emotion and can only show it through material value and thought he could buy my affection, to this day he still tries to do this despite me being 25 this year. They're divorced

Attached: Unwound_-_Leaves_Turn_Inside_You.jpg (300x300, 50K)

sexual relationship with step mom

Attached: Blank Banshee 0 Album Full Album cover.jpg (600x589, 430K)

>parents constantly telling me the other one is evil and trying to manipulate me
>dad finally helping me financially after 5 years of being on my own, starving after dropping out of college.
>dad offering to pay for technical school so I can make some real adult money and not work in a shitty call center
I guess it's better than when I was 16 lul

Attached: file.png (474x474, 332K)

my mom is basically my best friend, we get a long really well and i can talk to her about almost anything. i love my mom. my dad is a good guy and a really good dad but we have very little in common and get it arguments a lot. i wish i could connect with him more

Attached: kid-a.jpg (455x455, 48K)

Great relationship with both of them. My mom is more tough than my dad, who is more lovely towards his sons but he still gives me a lot of great advices. I can't complain about them though.

I just wish I was the son they wanted me to be. They think I have too much potential to waste on worthless shit.

Attached: revolver.jpg (1024x1024, 593K)

they want me to kill myself

>dad has the mind of an old man and would beat the shit of me if I cursed when I'm almost 20

Chad dad.

Why? I still live with her. I talked to her like an hour ago

Laughing Stock

My dad was verbally abusive to my mom so she's been openly cheating on him the past twenty years despite staying married to him. She also lies about me to end any relationship I have because of her resentment for my dad. And then my dad and I just clash worse than any two people I've seen. So before you put me down saying "chad dad desu" just know he's stayed with a woman who everyone knows cheats on him.

ipod shuffle

Attached: SP.png (957x841, 1.93M)

>My dad was great. He got me into a bunch of late 90s early 00s techno, and we would spend all day sperging about music and roguelikes. He made me the man I am today, a total sperg, just like him, but an happy and satisfied sperg. Unfortunately, he died when I was 17.
>My mom never understood me, nor my father. She's a good friend, and I could spend a whole day just talking with her, but because she doesn't really understand me or how I work, she doesnt support me in most of my endeavors, and doesn't know what to say when I'm talking about my problems. I had to make my own way after dad died.

Attached: soundtrack for the deaf.jpg (600x600, 35K)

>She also lies about me to end any relationship I have because of her resentment for my dad
what

Attached: 1551794055607.png (645x729, 32K)

I hate them,ran away from home even ,im living with a friend.
They tortured me when I was a kid,abandoned me for a few years,I dont have good memories with them and in spite of all of that I tried to to help with their psychological problems and they just spit on me like I was trash yet again even though I tried to be what they werent for me

Attached: lullaby land.jpg (220x220, 22K)

Your story is eerily similar to mine. The only difference is he didn't get me into techno but in thrash metal instead and we sperged about heroes of might and magic 3 instead of roguelikes

I like new-swans more tho

Not seen my dad since I was 2. Don't care to.
My mum's incredibly stubborn and can be hard work sometimes, but she's also supportive and always has my corner.

Attached: tumblr_lnmzhbuzUx1qdzocio1_500.jpg (500x500, 104K)

This board is full of normies now.

>Mom is basically my best friend.
>Dad is too busy with his job. More strict than my mom but I still love him.

Attached: Sing_To_God_1404402249.jpg (600x600, 91K)

>implying self-pitying feels threads haven't been a cornerstone of Yea Forums forever

My parents are still together and are my close friends. I love them dearly. I wish I could hang out with my dad and little brother all the time, but I've moved across the country for work.

"Favorite album" is kinda a stupid concept. This is the one I've been listening to more than anything else, for the last month.

Attached: blacktapeforabluegirl.jpg (320x320, 13K)

mediocre

Attached: lcw.jpg (600x595, 90K)

>My parents are dead

Attached: C112530D-F5B5-43A2-B554-300BA9D5D1AB.jpg (300x300, 64K)

>parents divorced
>good relationship with mom, okay but kinda awkward with dad due to religious/political differences

Attached: 1454427064american_football_album.jpg (1200x1200, 335K)

I can get along with my mom about sixty percent of the time and my dad twenty. Could be worse.

Dirty Projectors - The Getty Address

>Have good relationships with both my parents (and step-parents)..but probably just because I've done everything "right" without them having to get on me. They are all cool people. Only talk with them about once a month tho.

Attached: STGSTV.jpg (500x500, 45K)

Haven’t talked to my dad in over a year, fairly close with my mom.

Attached: DE0F1A00-25F3-43C8-BF5A-88C9F0556B00.png (220x220, 31K)

Here's a secret; most people's fathers don't in fact love them.

Haven’t talked to them in years

Attached: E77AE796-9C7C-4181-AC12-CAAE4ACE2B19.jpg (2732x1536, 361K)

best response itt

>dad left when I was 3
>abusive, unavailable mom. Dragged me to 3 different countries and made me switch schools 11 times. Recently moved countries again. This time I didn't follow her.

Attached: 51hPSyv9hYL._SY355_.jpg (351x355, 7K)

Dad passed away when I was a kid.
My mom is my role model and I love her so much for everything.
I also consider my Grandma my parent since she essentially helped raise me.

Attached: Sung Tongs.png (316x316, 151K)

Strong, happy relationship. They love me unconditionally but I'm scared to open up about depression and dumb tranny issues.

Based

Attached: 91dHRGIV65L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 10K)

Pretty great actually

Attached: 71eLum-hyYL._SX355_.jpg (355x354, 15K)

why is it awkward?

they aight, we rich
but they never really taught me anything and kind of just left me on my own
i feel like thats probably the reason im so clueless about women and stuff because my parents never have had a very good relationship but i dont know

Attached: 2E5CD65F-CC12-4027-ABC6-292A969A05CA.png (225x225, 68K)

>Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92

I love them with all my heart

Based album

My Dad is a dick. An angry bitter alcoholic that never achieved his dreams, and layed low from the police for years because he didn’t want to pay my mom child support because she divorced him after his gambling addiction got out of control. She also lived a double life with another man that she worked with. My mother is a very deceptive woman as well. I blame my mother in part for my trust issues with women, although she was a good mom. My father is a dissappoinent, but I know he loves me very much.

Attached: BCBB21B2-2A12-4AE1-9398-E188E35BFA62.jpg (220x220, 10K)

>if i die in Mississippi - holographic heartbreak

My dad did the skadaddle on me, haven't seen him since i was 5 or so. My mom thinks im a failure but she's kinda right. I know she loves me but she obviously expresses that im a fuckup.
One time, she told me i was a mistake lmfaooo.

Attached: cover.jpg (1400x1400, 3.31M)

my dads a boomer and my moms pretty cool

Attached: liver.png (1000x1000, 1.34M)

good relationship with dad. Mom died when I was 11.

Attached: consumingimpulse.jpg (220x220, 23K)

dad died like 5 years ago, but before that he didn't really understand why I just wanted to stay inside and play video games all the time.
mom lives in different state, haven't talked in months

Attached: 3c9e7fdb97214aefca5a964c6c1240dc.jpg (1200x1200, 531K)

Chop off your dick pussy

what are you doing that would make them think you're wasting potential?

I don't know, my parents are lovely people but they are that kind of people who no matter what you do, it's never enough. So I only wish I could do enough.

Girls want 5 things:

1. Confidence
2. Rock the boat (say wild crap, do wild crap, stay engaged, keep it interesting, don't let her get bored)
3. Beauty and the beast (act like a beast to everyone and in public, but when the time is right and you're alone with her—become a prince and open up to her)
4. Tease her (not too much, but enough to maintain the power and not look like you worship her. makes them want it more)
5. Make her laugh (say funny crap)

There's your crash course. Girls don't friendzone nice guys, they friendzone boring guys

Maybe someday...

I've seen friends' parents like that. Looks kinda brutal. What are you doing with your life user? No judgment from us Yea Forumstants

you'd regret it

mom died when I was 6. dad and I are pretty close, lived with him throughout college and he's always been really into music, probably has ~2000 records

Attached: R-1336291-1329596397.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 89K)

Parents spoil me too much probably

Attached: cover.png (1400x1400, 3.45M)

I know I would. I don't think I'd ever do the full surgery... I do want to get hormones though

I got fired from my job about two weeks ago so I'm just studying, listening to music and playing Oldschool Runescape all day long.

I mean, it might be what I'm studying (nutrition). My parents think it's a waste of time and potential because it doesn't pay very well. My dad wanted me to be a plane pilot and my mom wanted me to be a real doctor. But I'm studying what I like, what I think I'm good at. They just think it's enough.

>They just don't think it's enough

Fixed.

my parents think highly of me and i heavily fear disappointing them

Attached: 600x600bf.png (600x600, 383K)

there's freedom in Jesus Christ man. Not even passing judgment, just saying that you don't sound free. God doesn't want to rip you off, he wants to set you free. Praying for you user

Thanks, bro

>mom
my #1 person. I love her more than anyone.
>dad
he's a complicated person and has done a lot of shitty things, but I still love the big guy.

Attached: moon.jpg (640x640, 61K)

mom is an alcoholic and dad lost all the love for her so they just fight every night (sometimes with fists) until somebody gives up and goes to sleep. they havent talked normally since 2015 or so

idk why they are still together

Attached: Mmfood.jpg (316x316, 25K)

>normies
please fucking die
Reddit is better suited for you if you think the word NORMIE isn't a redditfag term and acceptable here

Attached: 1552310184662.png (736x1012, 494K)

>dad left when i was 3
>my relationship with my mom is good, but strained sometimes because i frequently make terrible decisions

Attached: faces.jpg (750x750, 65K)

My mom and dad were both renowned athletes. I have the body type, genetics, and work ethic to be one too, but I shifted my focus toward business management instead.

I can tell they wish I continued my pursuit toward basketball, but I consider them two of my best friends and I love spending time with them. They both hate each other but they remain married for my sister and I.

Attached: 220px-Justice_-_Cross_(2007).jpg (220x221, 4K)

I’m fortunate enough to have a great relationship with both of them.

Attached: 8891B8EF-BAE3-4562-8B5B-19B8B33645E2.jpg (300x300, 30K)

mom and i don't talk much, but we are on good terms. dad hasn't talked to me since i came out of the closet

Attached: 764173a32f3247adc795b45fc8be40f7.png (1000x1000, 1.04M)

I like in the court of the crimson king

Attached: 1553329284020.png (524x401, 201K)

>wasn't close with my dad (he never married my mom and i saw him like once a year, he was always high on h) and he killed himself like 2 years ago
>not super close with my mom although she tries to be. i love her though.

Attached: 220px-In_the_aeroplane_over_the_sea_album_cover_copy.jpg (220x220, 19K)

Ay that's actually good advice

>Lots of single parent households here
>Quite a lot if alcoholic parents here as well

What's going in society, bros?

Attached: Family1.jpg (490x380, 39K)

Its pretty good. They were good parents.

Attached: The Brave Little Abacus - Demo - cover.jpg (600x599, 44K)

Pretty alright, apart from when they yell at me for my grades being utter shit which is understandable

Attached: a2893679080_10.jpg (1200x1200, 203K)

parents are divorced. my mom lives with me and shes pretty great. i love my mom.
my dad is great as well but sometimes when we talk it could get awkward but i could talk about almost anything with my mom. id say its a decent relationship

Attached: 220px-Kids_See_Ghost_Cover.jpg (220x220, 20K)