What happens next?

In the span of 15 years from the mid 60s to the late 70s rock music saw the rise of:
>Experimental rock
>Art rock
>Progressive rock
>Krautrock
>Punk rock
>Post-punk
And meanwhile here in 2019 literally nothing of note happened in rock music for almost 2 decades.
Is this it? Is rock music completely exhausted? Are we doomed to listening to played out buttindie, nu post-punk revival, and other revivalist garbage for the rest of our lives?
>Pic unrelated

Attached: 1550955574855.jpg (850x850, 257K)

rock has run its course, it will only exist as an element to add an element of nostalgia or vibe to future music

Did any new notable genres appear? I guess not.
Were there major changes in the existing genres? Absolutely

Why do you assume rock will just continue evolving forever? Are you retarded or something? The reason Western classical lasted for so long was because it was mostly restricted to a small elite class and there was no such thing as people recording their own material and using the Internet to find inspiration. Nowadays all music can be made simultaneously but nothing new is ever made and everybody can detect your influences so it no longer sounds fresh.

What about IDM user....

IDM appeared more than 20 years ago you fucking moron.

I meant rock genres exclusively. Also this

if anyone managed to create a new genre of rock it would just be labeled as post-punk.

maybe post-punk plus something else like, oh this has elements of country but also a strong aspect of shoegaze as well. it's pretty much a new genre but we have so many fucking labels that any combination of them could describe pretty much any possible sound.

in this regard, when it comes to music creation, stop using genre labels. genre labels are interesting for see the genealogy of a sound or helpful for categorizing a band, otherwise it's just a crutch or worse as an insult hurled by people who think music can be exhausted.

>Absolutely
Such as?

>art rock
>prog rock
>experimental rock
What is the difference? Fuck music genres are the most pointless shit.

Post-rock waves, emo waves, the djent fad, modern indie is completely different from the 90s indie. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will name more. Of course some genres are mostly stagnating and there's a lot of revivalist shit, but it doesn't mean rock music doesn't change

How's a robot sweating? why is she wearing clothes? Why is some retard grabbing onto a metal plate?

Attached: ladda ned.jpg (225x225, 12K)

I want to fuck this robot.

Jenny is not for lewd.

Attached: 1550953717514.jpg (550x850, 125K)

Art rock is indeed a dumb description but prog rock and experimental rock are completely different. Come on man.
>Prog rock
King Crimson, Genesis, Gentle Giant
>Experimental rock
Velvet Underground, Frank Zappa, Faust

rock attracts talentless narcissists while people with an interest in pushing the musical envelope are making electronic music

Nothing happening in electronic music currently hasn't been done better by classical musicians for years now.

laughable moron

Cry more

why would i be upset by someone else parroting a third hand opinion that barely made sense in the first place lol

Can you please stop crying I can't understand what you're saying through your tears

Such as?

Based dubs
But I wanna cuddle her and rest my head on her bellybutton

Sounds gimmicky.

God I want to fuck that teenage robot

"No."

Attached: 1550953332407.jpg (790x850, 202K)

idr how she actually looked in the show. Did whoever made her make her with a phat or tite ass?

Smol and tite.

Attached: 1551084850139.jpg (1080x878, 542K)