stringtensionpro.com/
>Music theory:
musictheory.net/lessons
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
youtube.com/channel/UCXU3GYv5qEzuPePqXOJBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

Previous thread

Attached: 4573451870226_figure-yui-hirasawa-5th-anniversary-k-on-primary.jpg (1000x799, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xw3LkEmickQ
equipboard.com/pros/david-lynch/parker-fly-electric-guitar
vocaroo.com/i/s1qEX5QHfttd
vocaroo.com/i/s0rZ6SyNdMEC
vocaroo.com/i/s1TsdBxVioWH
clyp.it/dckr3r2x
clyp.it/xjobkpzb
youtube.com/watch?v=fQuTXCqW2nE
youtube.com/watch?v=MYcZ6s3z1jg
clyp.it/1zhiippy
amazon.com/Jazz-Improvisation-Guitar-Melodic-Approach/dp/0634017721
youtube.com/watch?v=1AlAmmllExw
youtube.com/watch?v=qcxZ4HK4t7k&t=274s
instaud.io/3szG
seymourduncan.com/pickup/stag-mag?__uuid_ref=5c96828135097?__uuid_ref=5c968281350d5
youtube.com/watch?v=onrKwQ9IlOw
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>learn one riff
>say i can play guitar

>never practice
>look at gear all day at work

what is /gg/s opinion on "modern custom" guitars?
>Mayones
>Kiesel
>Legator
>Kemlion
>Skervesen

Anyone planing to order something or already did?

Attached: hydra.jpg (1612x1314, 249K)

You don't play guitar if you can't / don't...
>play barre chords
>practice with a metronome or time keeper of some kind
>improvise at all
>know any theory
>keep rhythm and play in key
>play with others

Attached: 1545100336928.jpg (1381x1762, 203K)

>unemployed
>play C,E,G and D
>Tell people im a musician

If you have ever wanted to look like a cheesy 70s prog performer, now is your chance.

Attached: DppHJ5lX4AA-Wxe.jpg (875x441, 80K)

>realize I bought my guitar 3 months ago and I haven't changed strings since

I haven't changed my strings in about 2 years

I noticed gunk piling up near the frets

What about A?

I've been learning more Alice in Chains songs lately, really like their guitar style. I need to find more guitar inspo.

How do you learn to play with others, do you guys do low latency jams here or what?

well that didn't work out i guess

They're mostly for metal these days

I can only get one of these guys, which one do I get.

Currently I have a shit strat that i've modded out to my liking and a 69 marshall major.

Attached: a01d03d8d158f4855467e0c8d57cfd3d.png (475x316, 225K)

It's a nice day to have an anime thread. This thread and the good weather outside are the main contributors to my motivation to practice this morning.
Thanks OP

Do you practice inside or outside?

So I've played guitar enough to know a few chords (namely C, A, Am, G, E, Em, D, Dm, F, barre B G7, B7, C7 and a few song-specific ones) and I have fluent transitions between them and know a few songs, but having a bag of chords and small repertoire only gets me so far.

I've dabbled into sight reading and learning from tablature, but haven't spent much time there. I can roughly identify, by ear, the chords I know when played clearly, and can pick up on basic strumming patterns easily enough. I've know a couple songs in alternative tuning (Eb tuning and drop D, I think it's called) - I was scared of alt tunings for awhile but it's not biggie, it does really make me want to buy a capo though so I can change tunings quicker..

All that said I wouldnn't say I 'know how to play', what I listed above is my complete knowledge and ability when it comes to guitar. Nothing more or less. I would to be able to a) learn songs quicker, b) learn them by ear, c) improvise and jam d) just sound better, I sound like shit.

Will finishing JustinGuitar and pic related save me?

Attached: geet.jpg (196x257, 15K)

get some new strings holy shit, and how haven't you broken any of them yet?

Not everyone here plays a shitplank with sharp edges on the nut and bridge saddles

what are /gg/s essential guitarist that i should watch on youtube RIGHT NOW?

nick weir
youtu.be/Xw3LkEmickQ

Attached: large.jpg (500x750, 120K)

>tfw play a shitplank

Good morning :)

Attached: 566C11BF-C764-4228-A4D7-176BFF8F5BDE.jpg (510x620, 73K)

quick question how autistic are you

I'll check him out after I finish watching this Jerry Cantrell video. Any guitarist that evoke feels similar to Boards of Canada? That guitar part on Campfire Headphase, I think it's the second song, is great.

What are some options for intermediate, medium gig size bass amps these days?

It's so easy to identify and learn the classic guitar amps with all their fables and mystique, but bass amps are so much more downplayed and anonymous.

When did you make the switch to the most patrician g chord /gg/?

Attached: patrician.png (457x246, 11K)

Enough :)

Attached: ADFB70BC-2ED1-48A7-9C5C-CBDD6D35B293.png (1155x1320, 1.19M)

My opinion: I really don’t give a shit about the tone as long as it sounds clear and doesn’t use actives. Out of all those I’d go for the classic Mayones Regius 6 or 7 based on looks but I’d have to try the necks on each to see. Those ergonomic necks of Strandbergs really interest me (neck is most important to me).

the day i started playing oasis songs

>play barre chords
Agreed
>practice with a metronome
unfortunately learned this the hard way. Yes, you can be great at guitar but you don't *play* if you don't practice with rhythm.
>improvise at all
debatable
>know any theory
no.
>keep rhythm and play in key
No shit
>play with others
if you have the POTENTIAL to play with others just fine and just choose not to I'd still say you play guitar

I'd get the guitar because it looks pretty nice

Based shitplanker keeping it real

Both look like bad choices to me. But thats just my taste.

Stayed home today because im sick and cant really talk. So imma be getting some strat time in. Anyone want to hear?

sure

all you bedroom warriors are cringe so not really

lol of course it is. post more dean buyers remorse

gonna go ahead and filter but have fun humiliating yourself i guess

>tfw shell pink special just arrived

I CAME HERE TO FUCK BITCHES AND CHEW BUBBLEGUM

Attached: 20190322_113452.jpg (2880x2160, 1.9M)

Just for you ill remove the trip baby. Seriously tho why are you so salty? Why are you permabutthurt??

Pink is always such a nice colour on guitars, especially with the maple.

Attached: 14240920_1656231251355943_2029892440_n.jpg (750x817, 91K)

What's your favorite tuning?

F#F#F#F#BA

i might be smoking too much crack but what if tele neck on a jag/jazz body

I know the neck pockets arent necessarily interchangeable but still

equipboard.com/pros/david-lynch/parker-fly-electric-guitar

Unfortunately, nobody has ever bought a Parker, so nobody knows

My early G&L SC-3. Just grabbed for $400 on Wednesday.

Attached: 20190321_221122.jpg (4032x2268, 3.46M)

>You don't play guitar if you can't / don't...
>>play barre chords
I picked up a guitar because of Johnny Ramone
>>practice with a metronome or time keeper of some kind
I'm a drummer, think of a beat in my head or record myself playing and play over it
>>improvise at all
No problems there, always did open jams with friends when younger
>>know any theory
Fuck that. Took a music theory class and didn't change a thing.
>>keep rhythm and play in key
I am primarily a rhythm player
>>play with others
I do all the time

barre chords were like the first thing I learned

vocaroo.com/i/s1qEX5QHfttd

Gear used

Guitar: Fender american pro hss stratocaster

Amp: 1992 Marshall jcm900 4100
Reverb is from amp

>favorite tuning?
Open D Dominant 7th DACF#AD

looks like a frankenstein's creation t b h

EADGBF

Just a chap from Birmingham England trying to play comfy songs as if he were from Birmingham Alabama desu lads. Can anybody give any feedback on either singing or guitar playing?

vocaroo.com/i/s0rZ6SyNdMEC
vocaroo.com/i/s1TsdBxVioWH

Everything checks out. The pickups were swapped with red lace sensors though.

It is indeed all matching minus the pickups, but I'm not worried. I'll probably be putting a full set of Dimarzio SDS-1s in it.

>1500 pounds for a 40 years old plank with strings

Pretty good, both. You need a good mic if you don't have one yet.

FACGCE ezpz

It would look more appealing with a pickguard imo

FAGGOT

Are SX tele copies any good for a cheap practice guitar?

How do I get better at improvising? I know what scales and arpeggios I can use with the progression, but I struggle with making it sound musical.

Also, my teacher told me not to put notes exactly on the beat, but to kind of "float around the rhythm", but I really don't know how to do this. It sounds hella cool when he does it though.

I'm not a big fan of flame tops anyways. I'm thinking of stripping and putting white nitro

better not ruin decent maple, at least make it slightly transparent

Hello pink gang!

Attached: DC0ACC83-0CE8-4C61-A855-A6ECC6EFE851.jpg (790x1207, 172K)

Vocals sound like a pansy david gilmour ripoff

How you niggas look crying about Gibsons

Attached: CB5AE971-D534-4A9E-A0CB-EDE57FF8F901.jpg (720x514, 47K)

>a constant need to be included in a soicial circle

Timestamp?

>soicial

Attached: 9D03C629-20BE-45C3-8948-30E6BE761815.jpg (1132x1552, 224K)

bossa nove is the TRUE thinking man's guitar style. don't even (you)@me

Attached: nigger getting what he deserves.jpg (480x360, 35K)

In a good way right?

>he doesnt get it

John Frusciante

Mega kek

Any bass players here use modelling software / VSTs?
Just got a fretless Squier jazz bass, and I'm struggling to get it to not sound like shit through Amplitube. I wanna get that sick jazz fusion fretless sound (like Jaco). I threw some new nickel roundwound rotosounds on there and I've been fiddling with the setup.

I've got the truss rod set correct but I don't know what to do with the action. It seems that part of the singing fretless sound comes from the strings hitting the fingerboard a bit, no? I've got the action as low as I can before the bass becomes unplayable in the upper register (too low and the string presses against the end of the fingerboard when I try to fret around the fourteenth line)

No I got it lol you’re just too retarded to spell it ‘basedcial’ because you have Yea Forums brain

Attached: A23E6A77-0E80-48D1-8ADC-A75910586777.jpg (3048x3945, 1.01M)

Cringe

No

Sheet music is meant for pianos and just so happens to work well for linear instruments like flutes and string instruments tuned in fifths with very few strings (ie: violins). It works poorly for guitar because of the sheer amount of duplication across six+ strings and inconsistent tuning (EADGBE) made for comfortable, physically possible chording, not reading piano music you've never seen before and still being able to play it along with ten other violinists in an orchestra. Sight reading unfamiliar sheet music for guitar requires locating the note, and then figuring out the most efficient fingering for the left hand, and the right hand since you play with your fingers (right?), while it's so simple on piano you can sight read for keyboards after very little practice (the sheet music is also a fingering chart) and still pretty easy on violins and cellos. A guitarist can learn from sheet music and use it to jog their memory but I've never seen one perform an unfamiliar song from it.

However guitar tablature sucks for conveying rhythm. It can be notated, but it doesn't illustrate it as well as the standard notation and there's no standard for time signatures and note duration in tablature.

What are we going to do about this lads? continue reading tabs for the actual notes and looking at the standard notation above it like suckers who need twice as much paper as everyone else?

Attached: guess the rhythm.png (750x335, 21K)

figured bass

Pc case arrives today

Attached: CEC6C258-C092-415E-B25E-E1DCC2908487.jpg (436x604, 42K)

>K-On
>inexperienced teenager sucks dick for a gibson, magically knows how to play guitar well enough to form a rock band
>more tea drinking than music

>every other music anime
>talented people with years of prior experience make new friends and follow their dreams

i can see how k-on resonates so well with /gg/ - gear general

Attached: 287342468000211.png (1024x883, 999K)

what did you get

>uneven tits
Cannot unsee

And so the Great Boomer Guitar Selloff begins.
Get ready boys, this is going to get fun, and might be cheaper than you think.

Tonemaster without a doubt.

It’ll make your shit Strat sound much better.

i went to a local show last week and the guitarists were all using cheap behringer pedals and squire guitars

and it sounded fucking amazing

>uneven tits
confirmed for never having seena pair irl

Nzxt h500

are you putting RGB LEDs on it?

Hold up, /gg/ told me only a Gibson is good enough, though

I've always thought music notation in general is fucking retarded. One would think that 300 years into the future someone would have come up with something better, but no, we're still stuck with what Bach and everyone else at the tme used.

don't fix what ain't broken

Musical notation is highly specialized, intended for use with classical chamber music and european keyboard isntruments. It works very well for that. It has not had to change because it is very easy to learn and use for chamber music and classical keyboard pieces.

People have NOT been using "real written music" for lutes and other instruments for centuries because it's not meant for them or the kind of music they are used to play. The snobbery surrounding its use is unreal and borders on ignorant.

Attached: italian_tablature.png (611x247, 119K)

Idk. Imma worry about building it first. I need to go get some thermal paste

if not using LEDs, then based
otherwise, cringe
remind to use an anti static wristband

We enable midi playback with a kontakt sample pack (electric, nylon, acoustic). You also have a synth engine built in which will differentiate guitars from different companies in this future.

That stuff all sounds good live. It's really all about the amp.

How are my fellow bass players doing?

Attached: Dn3fc7-U8AIhMSZ.jpg (900x1200, 138K)

K-on is not about music, it's about growing up and enjoying little youth moments while you can.

>play accoustic
>get electric
>play with guitar and amp speaker like normal
>can hear rattles and buzzes, feel like guitar sounds like shit
>plug headphones into amp so i can't hear the physical guitar
>clear tone, no buzzes at all, just like all those youtube videos

Is this normal? Is this ideal? The strings are way easier to fret and really low compared to an accoustic.

If you slap and smack the strings ya it’s gonna buzz a lot more than an acoustic
Depends. I usually play my electrics unplugged and I think it sounds fine. You might actually have a setup issue

As the other user said, go get it set up properly or learn how to do it yourself via youtube,

what are the downsides to going to lighter gauge strings?
im considering reverend willy

What kind of milivolt meter do I need to rebias a Hot Rod Deluxe? Apparently no shops within 80 miles will. Fuck north florida

And here you are posting a character from that ESP commercial. I mean that anime.

i'm a fan user :)

It's not an ESP commercial. One of the girls plays a strandberg.

Attached: 1431825137579.png (231x149, 26K)

I just learned that it's unusual not to be able to play chords with your thumb over the low E so apparently I am a thumblet with otherwise normal reach and will never be able to play RHCP songs properly

Guess it's 7 string guitar for me lads, I have nothing to gain from a narrower neck unless it's a guitar made for little girls

Attached: autismzusa.gif (498x448, 2.5M)

Sold it

Attached: 20190205_170835.jpg (2268x4032, 2.7M)

Floppy and sound worse clean

No one uses the left thumb for fretting, it's awkward as fuck when you're sitting down

Plenty of people do

That looks interesting. Why did you sell it?

My rig tonight

Attached: IMG_2471.jpg (2048x1536, 805K)

clyp.it/dckr3r2x

I know the soundfont is a bit wonky.

That's a really cool setup.

Attached: polite.jpg (800x450, 151K)

No one with more than 2 brain cells

clyp.it/xjobkpzb

This is a collaborative piece

Its not that hard to play guitar from sheet music. The entire treble clef is contained in like what the first 4 frets, and the duplication so what every note has maybe 3 possible positions?

I agree for very complex pieces but those are going to be complex anyway. If you're playing rock or folk or something all you want is a lead sheet so you get the basic melody and then you, the skilled guitarist improvises the arrangement or ornamentation for that in your head.

You were saying sucka?

Attached: pat.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Tell the real book and Jamey Aebersold that

Thanks. I have to play through a Suhr reactive load into my audio interface because I live in an apartment now. My dream is to one day own a few acres in the countryside so I can actually turn my amps up.

Just didn't bond with it

What amps stay the most articulate/brightest while overdriven/distorted?

My knee-jerk reaction says Fender but I'm not exactly sure

>random jazz dude number 98134

>Collective of amateur tranny aids enthusiasts of south Brazil

I have a Fender that I sold an Egnater to buy for that very reason. Fenders break up beautifully.

Also he isn't even playing any of the bass notes he seems to be fretting, unlike classical guitar dudes who don't need stupid stunts to play bass lines

youtube.com/watch?v=fQuTXCqW2nE

I've had the same experience. They aren't like a Marshall where they sound hairy as soon as you turn the volume past 1. They stay clean for a really long time, then smoothly transition to creamy overdrive.

brb gonna go look at Twin Reverbs

An interesting image indeed

Whatever works dude

youtube.com/watch?v=MYcZ6s3z1jg

>On /GG/
>Doesn't know who pay methany is

Attached: B513F47C87BC4A30B85D7509B2343F6A.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

>methany
Sounds like a nickname you'd give a fat girl named Bethany who farts a lot

It's about the speakers user

Attached: guitar.png (824x158, 34K)

Is keeping your first guitar a meme? Idk why I wouldn’t just trade/sell it up to save some bucks.

I can see it if it was given to you by a family member, or if it was your first one you got as a kid, or whatever but if I just got an SR300E as a “serious beginner” bass and want to upgrade soon, what’s the point? What did you lads do? I’d probably keep them going forward tho since they’ll be better quality

>Got a new strat
>back out screws to remove the plastic
>pickup height all wrong now
>What do?

Attached: IMG_0133.jpg (4032x3024, 2.78M)

Agreed. I have my first two guitars because I got them around the same time I was growing my first pubes. But my first bass? Played it for like 6 months, then gave it to a friend.

HOWEVER I've regretted selling almost every guitar I've sold. So there's that.

Fender has specs for setting the pickup heights. Look them up and adjust to the standard.

>buy some cheat dean guitar from local shop
>the E string (high one) keeps getting fucking caught on the fret board
>take it back and have them look at it
>they say its just my technique and that im just hitting it too hard
Am i being fucked with? is this something that happens normally? i never had this problem on the junk electric guitar i just replaced.

Attached: FB_IMG_1552458167100.jpg (720x732, 39K)

pictures or it didn't happen

Attached: 20190322_212721.jpg (4160x2080, 2.49M)

So you're pulling it off the fretboard? If it's getting stuck you have fret sprout, which isn't uncommon. Just lightly run a piece of sandpaper along the fret ends. I can't help you with your bad technique though.

heres the full guitar

Attached: 20190322_213111.jpg (4160x2080, 3.55M)

*might have fret sprout

thank you! i will try that

started playing guitar like a week ago and it's genuinely making me feel like i may have a mental disability

Attached: pfp2.png (61x52, 9K)

Idk about yours but the guy at my guitar center repair is great and he always files my frets if I need him to. Takes a couple of minutes so he doesn’t charge me at all, maybe ask your guitar center so you don’t fuck your shit up

Replace them with Lace Sensors

Where do you live user I’m new to bass let’s jam

fret is popping out, it needs refretted

happens on old cheaply made guitars. the wood isn't dried properly to begin with and shrinks dramatically over time. also happens with poorly stored guitars in harsh climates. being that it's dean and WMIC korea actually does a pretty fucking good job, usually better than mexican fender because they don't have to purposefully be worse so american fender looks like it's worth the money, it's probably seen a few years of drastic humidity and temperature fluctuations or spent a lot of time in the back of a car.

I already answered his question. You can go now.

buy korean guitars

>getting so cucked hard at work
>work six 9 hours days straight
>to exhausted to play anything when getting home
I want to play/make music but im so defeated lads

Attached: 53347498_410608369687870_8440033000644673536_n.jpg (960x888, 64K)

What?

Git gud, nub skroob, I haven't changed mine in 5 years.

Joe Pass.

>derive literally 100% of my tone from pedals and telling people my guitar is more expensive
>never have to change strings
>use picks made of old cum tissues

nobody suspects a thing

Bad.
My harmonics don't sound strong enough and every time I slap the string bounces against the fret loudly. What do?

Attached: ....jpg (336x434, 12K)

Get a bass with better pickups for the harmonics issue, and take it in to get setup to fix the string smacking the fret.

>fret
Meant to say fretboard
>Get a bass with better pickups for the harmonics issue
A better one? Than my fender fretless jazz bass?

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

New strats come with alnico's not ceramic do I really need to replace?

Attached: IMG_0137.jpg (4032x3024, 1.75M)

>haven't used a tuner in months
>tune by ear any time the guitar sounds too out-of-tune
>get to have that authentic slightly-out-of-tune tone that sounds cool in a punk kind of way

Attached: 1533775777126.jpg (700x394, 30K)

Depends on what you like

tube amps don't sound better
analog effects don't sound better

I've been getting L5 gas recently. I know it won't sound much better than my ES175 but that 25.5" scale makes a big difference in comfort. Would you pay $7000 for a handmade Gibson from the early 2000s? I know it's dumb but these seem to hold their value somewhat.

Sorry m8s just drunk and venting, i don't have any friends I could talk about this with.

Attached: l5.jpg (516x606, 55K)

dude get a dean

clyp.it/1zhiippy

Check it out!

What’s the best pickups for a strat for gay hipster post-rock/post-punk?

GUITAR HAS TURNED YOU EVEN MORE GAY

TOO LATE BRUH

buy K-Line™ guitars

Grant Green approves

That bass at the end is sweet

I would get the Tone Master. Classic amp that will only go up in value.

Will sanding the coating of the back of my squier classic vibe make me a better guitar player?

Attached: fender-squier-classic-vibe-telecaster_360_80f04ca068d3f331fde721c0be62b872.jpg (1506x1080, 394K)

It didn't help Sammy.

for rhythm practice varied syncopation, polyrhythms

fuck yeah, player tone is how to sound good on anything and costs nothing but time

Talent is for poorfags, go Suhr or go home.

What are some good but unusual guitars that aren't too expensive (let's say €600 or less) for someone who wants to be a contrarian? Preferably with P90s or P90-style pickups.

Attached: 1548404927440.jpg (682x1024, 132K)

Offsets are the hipster cliche.

>Good
>Unusual
>Cheap
Go get a job, Timmy

You should downgrade your bridge. That will get you Ace Frehley creds

Epiphone Wildcat.

>Timmy
Is this some dank new personality?

yeah just call him R~ for short

That's some next level autism. Do you have fun playing? Keep playing.

Much as I usually follow this line of reasoning, he only seems to know a dozen chords. He should probably learn a few hundred more.

Nope, he should learn kakapicking asap

Oh, hey, kakaposter. So you're not American?

He should understand that if he moves barre F chord up two frets he gets a G chords, up two more gets you A chord. Etc.

I'm from Brasil

Uncle Ben Eller

>amazon look inside
>the table of contents is two pages long
>they only show one page of it

Guitar related book?

amazon.com/Jazz-Improvisation-Guitar-Melodic-Approach/dp/0634017721

Get another book that covers the same from rutracker or audioz or any other piracy website

jcum got banned?

Attached: 1549737390272.jpg (964x884, 471K)

I just wanted to check the contents. Books don't really motivate me though, I think.

>vocaroo.com/i/s1TsdBxVioWH
what guitar are you using?

lol

Pacifica 311 & 611
G&L Fallout
Gretsch 2655TG P90
Gretsch G2420T P90

based.
also, god lettieri
youtube.com/watch?v=1AlAmmllExw

Attached: 12387612382.png (192x293, 99K)

some claim they have a less full tone. That's literally it. Don't fall for their student gauge memes

why am I autistic for that? you're wrong

thanks, I'll keep on trucking along then

plug guitar into amp, adjust pickup height until you like the tone. Tomo-san pro tip: set them low youtube.com/watch?v=qcxZ4HK4t7k&t=274s

Attached: 12387612321.jpg (400x400, 20K)

practice an hour a day and come back here in a year ish. Playing music is a craft and it'll take a while for you to develop the necessary muscle memory.

>go to guitar store
>everything is strung with 9-42
Fuck off with this shit

Chris Poland.

yes my hands are getting all sticky just looking at that

and this is always the action

Attached: 12387612387612.jpg (1914x738, 110K)

I usually find guitar store action too low, actually.

>go to guitar store
>everything is right handed except for 2 or 3 shitty beginners guitars

I always wondered, what's the issue of using a right handed guitar? Everything felt awkward on the instrument when I started. Do violin or lute players get left handed models? Classical players? Seems to be one of those electric guitar things.

never seen one like this
so few people are left handed i feel like there are always too many

you can learn right handed but will come to a limit in the upper end of picking dexterity. for the violin family, no, almost everyone plays right handed dues to the ensemble nature of the instrument but for other lutes, yes. i play bouzouki and mandolin left handed as well

I've always wanted to learn to play some instrument but my left hand is disabled. Should I try with guitar or something else?

Attached: 1541030784679.png (564x460, 176K)

disabled how?

Does anyone know if the Fender Vaporizer was based on the old Silvertone amps? Specifically the 1484 and 1485. The tone is just too similar to chalk it up to coincidence.

no middle finger, can't straighten index and ring finger.
but maybe I could use left handed guitar? holding a pick shouldn't be a problem, or do I need to use fingers too?

Attached: 1538792974925.jpg (460x692, 32K)

i know a guy missing 3 fingers on his left hand and plays fine using a pick. he plays left handed

>do I need to use fingers too?
Most hold the pick between their thumb and index finger. Getting a lefty guitar would probably be your best bet. Hope to see your fucked up handing out there playing someday, famalam

>dood don't get a floyd rose, they're hard to take care of
>mfw restringing is easy
>mfw it's just a normal whammy bar but the strings are held in with screws and it has tuning pegs in case you use a locking nut

fuck everyone who recommends against these but says a standard strat is fine

Attached: 1540899262125.jpg (369x417, 45K)

cant fucking decide if i want to buy a HSH, HSS or SSS strat

Jesus fuck man, they must be rustier than robot sex

I’ve always played it like this

I lost money on the stock market last week and i'm mad about it.

I am getting my first guitar and I figure i want something balanced to accompany my voice. That leads me to grand auditorium shape. Is there a somewhat good grand auditorium under 400$? I see Yamaha been making good budget dreadnaughts and concert ones, but sadly no grand auditorium.
/adv/ is dead, don't know where else to ask

hsh if you like heavy tones or sss. hsh can be split but it's never going to be exactly like sss especially with hotter pickups.

hss is dumb

>hss is dumb
>hsh isn't

SSS will get you the most 'Strat tones' overall. HSS is good if you need to cover heavier gain styles that have more crunch and distortion.

when people say HSS for heavy tones, can an SSS just be made to sound heavy through amp stuff?

like you can get H sounds from an S but not vice versa?

the H stands for humbucking. single-coil pickups have more noise than humbuckers which becomes more noticeable at high gain

Based Tomo Fujita, the true Samurai of guitar

i get that but I've heard that you can make a single coil sound like a humbucker since its a more unrefined sound and remove noise with EQ? so really you have more tones with a single coil than a humbucker?

I'm left handed, had a left handed guitar for awhile. Switched after a couple of months because it was retarded not being able to play a friends guitar, and I have no regrets. The availability of right handed guitars is comparatively amazing, and there have been absolutely zero dexterity issues. I think left handed guitars are memes.

Got this on the way for my Strat

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 271K)

What model/brand is that??

Guitar player lefty with a pick is probably a good bet. I can't think of many instruments that only require two fingers on one of your hands.

Guitar Madness. Cheapo eBay pickup but it has good reviews. I figure if it's garbage I haven't lost much.

you're in luck. i have 2 strats so here's how they sound:
instaud.io/3szG
first is hss and second is sss

seymourduncan.com/pickup/stag-mag?__uuid_ref=5c96828135097?__uuid_ref=5c968281350d5

*played lefty

>instaud.io/3szG
cheers
HSS sounds great but so does the SSS, just flatter?
I dont really have a favorite so i'll need to decide and the difference is much smaller than I'd imagine and it could probably even be tweaked further so that the sounds are closer together

it's not flatter. the 2nd one is lacking in low end and overall signal strength

Might also be interesting
youtube.com/watch?v=onrKwQ9IlOw

sorry I may have used the wrong word, that difference I hear is due to the pickup difference only? I don't really know what overall signal strength means, is that how hot something is?
t. acoustic

also was that part of a song or just something made up?

Joni Mitchell?

I've never encountered anything that required fretting with your thumb. I learned the ""correct"" way to begin with (thumb always on back of neck) and trying to use thumb for fretting in this way is awkward approaching painful.

It means you can play fret the bass with your thumb and still have four fingers free for melody. But yes, there's not much that requires it, only stuff that's really pushing the envelope.

Which vox is that? How is it fair against Marshall and Orange? I'm very into crunch/Driven clean tone with single coils. I've been using a Silver Jubilee plugin for a good while and im loving it, i don't know how Vox sounds with that setup though. Silver Jubilee is way to pricey if i end up wanting to buy the actual amp.

You should take your favorite guitar to your local guitar shop, user. They're more than happy to let you try them out these days.

Shouldn't make you better. Should help you out though.

Attached: BTKA_14556617648938155_fba7a703dbc046af208d13339b44a5.jpg (1041x1280, 235K)

Last time i went on a guitar store one of the sellers said i couldnt test the amp because its too loud, the mall would fine them.
Two mins later he was testing a bass for someone else.

>buying an actual amp after 2018

Go when that guy isn't there. If not, try a different shop.

Don't buy an amp unless you've heard one in person. They don't vary amp to amp nearly as much as guitars, so you don't have to play the same physical object you're going to buy, but you should at least play another example of the same model using your preferred guitar.

wait, wut?

how much is too much to spend on a single guitar? i might have fucked up

Nice, report back on it, maybe upload a couple clips clean/distorted.
Don't forget to experiment with splits and have fun

Above 1000

What did you buy, and for how much?

If you really did fuck up, there are returns policies, and expensive guitars often hold their resale value.

private stock custom 24 for €8k

I'm deciding if I want to bother splitting it or not.

$300

Why did it cost €8K? You might have fucked up.

Not him but PRS private stock are normally 10k+

I'd say $1,500 is the upper max

Yeah, you fucked up.
Hope it makes you happy

Fair enough, seems mad.

You probably can't return it if it's private stock. You might get most of your money back on reverb, but even a 10% loss on €8k is pretty bad. I'd say you fucked up.

Do you have anyone to play with? Were you friends before or after you started? I’d love to play with someone but my only friend that has a guitar is reeeaally new which is fine (I’m learning too) but he also doesn’t practice seriously.
>why would I need to practice rythym it’s all in my head anyways we learned it in high school
>doesn’t know or care to know ANY theory, even as far as note names/where they’re place on the fretboard

I don’t know where to find anyone and frankly I don’t know if I’ll get along with people in general. I don’t want to use the term “normie” but my friends and I have a certain kind of autism that we all get along with and I doubt it’d go well with anyone that isn’t retarded or on this site...

Anyways I want to practice muh root notes and rhythm but don’t have anyone to jam with. What do I do

8k isn't bad if it's in good condition. you could probably make a profit from selling it if you change your mind. i made money selling a core custom 24 second hand

When I started at 13 I had one friend who was okay and another who was really good. Played together all the time with both of them, quickly surpassed the one and took a while to catch up to the other. Playing with people who are better than you is the number one way to progress fast, it's true

Are you guys talking euros or dollars?

Nothing is too much if you can spend it. But its certainly stupid.

Attached: 20f2c4e68cace4c06690c7b25975c8e1aabfc7.jpg (600x800, 459K)

If you don't have anyone to play with you probably shouldn't have chosen a band instrument.

Bass is fun regardless it’d just be more fun with someone

Is it just me or does everyone find PRS guitars astonishingly ugly?

it's just you

Attached: prsps.jpg (1000x856, 419K)

Attached: 1542758934878.jpg (554x636, 193K)

Jesus. The bird inlays are just the cherry on top.

Should I quit bass if I’m a solo player? Or if I don’t plan to join a band?

new to guitar and building my calluses. about 20 minutes into a practice session I get to a point where the string is digging deep into my first finger and it's sliding around in there and it feels really weird.

should I practice through this or take a break?

if only this was hollowbody it would be perfect

Nah, do what you like.

Very sensible, user, I was just chatting shit.

Attached: IMG_5014__97805.1479843260.jpg (1280x580, 146K)

this is awful. its like the opposite of what a prs should be

No difference

I’m very depressed and impressionable and you spooked me at first, but I feel a lot better now. Thanks user.

I do, it's like they couldn't decide if they wanted a les paul or a strat, so they came up with half-baked shapes

One word: Macmull.

Attached: TH Photography (7 of 10).jpg (1099x1646, 886K)

>prs
Regardless of price, you fucked up

It's the lurid finishes and gaudy appointments that get me, like overpriced fruit pastilles. It's like a stoned seven year old was asked to draw a "cool-looking guitar".

Macmull. It's enough.

Attached: _MG_7654.jpg (2427x5092, 710K)

Ah, young one, yet again I see you chasing the glory.
But can you up the memeing??
Can you take a meme, and make it a work of art?
Can you make the eternal flames burn brighter than ever, or will you just disappear like any other memester?

Leave him alone, he's chasing the meme.

is everyone here just a poorfag with shitty gear?

I hear you kiddo, but is anyone actually listening to you?
I see what you did, young one, I like your memeing.
Yeah, you're upping the game, I think it's a whole new style, so young.
But can you make a meme worth memeing than any other ever meme'd before??

NEVER EVER take your guitar to guitar center for a repair. Take it to an actual luthier/tech in a smaller shop

Macmull. Up the ante.

Attached: IMG_8391@0,5x.jpg (2069x919, 1.03M)

There's neet bedroom "musicians" and there's this guy who went too far

I've spent about five thousand bongdollars on gear so far and I can't even play one song.

And what should a prs be? A boring bastard copy for soulless blues and fusion wash-ups with the epitome of boomer tonewood myths at the helm?

it should look anything but cheap

hey, I'll have you know I'm a neet stage musician

Ever get paid to do it?

yes, but original music is shit pay so it just goes into a band fund and no one takes anything home

Terrible headstock, makes it look like a cheap knockoff.

Fagmull: Cuck your playing

Attached: 1553376108904s.jpg (83x125, 2K)

Who else /Z-Coils/ here

Attached: dabing.gif (554x400, 120K)

I'm not a big fan

Alright, how the fuck does Jack White get that "everything is breaking and dying" sound when he plays live? It's fartty like a fuzz, but there's more to it than just a fucked up fuzz.

Attached: FenderStack.png (369x480, 254K)

Small amps turned all the way up.

It's gotta be an effect tho because it's not constant. I know he uses Fender Twins and a Silvertone 1485 for pretty much everything tho

New thread

thanks for saving and spreading pictures of Macmull, friend.

>uneven tits
Cannot unsee

Have sex.

i was thinking the same