Is music an acquired taste...

Is music an acquired taste? I've listened to OK Computer and Madvillainy about four times each now and I don't get the major appeal of either one. They're good, but not as good as people say they are to me.

Attached: 5b7cd767cd781_flat1000x1000075f_u2.jpg.57231e7cd314ab725bb1002704addceb.jpg (1000x982, 83K)

it's probably either too complex or not complex enough for you, depends on what you've been exposed to already
madvillainy esp is an album admired by people who already like rap and follow it pretty well

Maybe try a good album like Eskimo by The Residents.

tell us your favorite albums & we'll decide what level you're on

Listen to good music like string quartets and rolling stones. Stop pretending that sadboi skinny whiteshit and droning hip hop nonsense serves any utilitarian purpose. If the music isn't entertaining you, it serves no purpose.

Smoke some weed and listen to them again.

Aeroplane over the sea, TPAB,Year of the Snitch, Kids see ghosts, and money store are my 5 fav albums atm

Yes, but don't expect to like an artist if you only listen to one of their albums over and over. Listen the their other stuff and try to find things that click, maybe you'll like a few songs when you go back to e.g. OK Comp. Or it just isn't your type of music

Xd

it just means you have good taste desu.

oh no no no no

ahahahhaha

Attached: 1550643576720.png (474x350, 206K)

Attached: oceans.gif (498x273, 1.6M)

pewdiepie army xdd

>albums that I wouldn't bat an eye if one of them was in your top 5, but the fact that all of them are is worrying

Attached: 4351AEA2-9E85-473E-951A-24026BD93979.png (874x659, 661K)

enjoying your first couple of weeks in Yea Forums m8?

some of the really extreme shit is an acquired taste

Attached: dg.jpg (960x540, 713K)

I would pay someone money if they found a fully instrumental version of this

Attached: Velocity_--_Design_--_Comfort_(Sweet_Trip_album_-_cover_art).jpg (200x195, 11K)

Imagine being pleb filtered by Radiohead

>Is music an acquired taste?
Yes. As kids it's simpler to aquire

Radiohead is garbage imo. Other foodies on this board will fight me over it for a million years, but they honestly actually prefer listening to elevator music.

Music is not really an acquired taste, it usually reflects your attitude somewhat. you can become accustomed to the sound of something, but I feel like music resonates with how someone feels on the inside.

Some people are only into "music" for the dick waving though. there are people who like music and then there are people who "totally unironically like MUSIC" like 80 percent of posters on this board.

>extremely obvious newfag posts entry level albums
>haha what a lie faggot amirite u guise? Am I in the secret club now? Haha pls like me
This board is such a newfag haven it’s ridiculous.

This is so fucking good I'm literally in tears laughing at how incredible this sounds - the bongos, the maracas, the snapping it's all so good

>extremely obvious bait
>people fall for extremely obvious bait
>you fall for people falling for extremely obvious bait
haha
(please don't tell me your post wasn't bait)

Don't waste your time listening to stuff you don't like. No artist or album is essential, ever.

residents aren't good. It is like le art le alternative le experimental le werid le drugs le reddit

for me it's geogaddi

Attached: IMG_9072.jpg (820x461, 71K)