Any hint that the nightmare will end?

>Major overarching themes of gang-violence
>Inescapable theme of the size and virility of the singer's penis
>Entire albums based on the theme of loving money and having dead friends and having killed people
>Negro ex-gang members arbiters of who is allowed to release a top single
>Sweeping awards shows
>Critics fellating on the genius of "Shortie Hopd' Up On Mah Big Dick (feat. Lil' Rapee)
>Every indecipherable autotuned release laid over a drum loop is a "banger"

If this is the worst timeline, then how much worse will it get?

Attached: 9f92b837efe7107322fffb59f4699068.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000x1000, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/142005865
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Music died in 1899 user. We only have recording artists now.

popular music is stupid and award shows are a joke, more at 11
consider it black hair metal

It's not limited to that genre either. Everything is now a consumable caricature designed to suck money from normies
>Rock is now Theory of a Deadman tier shit
>Metal is overrun with -core bands that are based on memes, scene kids everywhere have turned it into an autotuned overproduced mess
>Indie is some of the most boring music on the planet and a haven for hipster stereotypes
>EDM is broshit with only small scenes appreciating any sort of subtlety
>Pop is shoved down our throat as a political statement, sold as if you're empowered for buying into Ariana Grande's brand of hoeing and grl pwr.
>Even Jazz isn't off limits, with theoryfags trying to shove as many "jazzy" chords they can into a song for internet cool points. Only it's applied to different genres, not jazz. It nearly always sounds like shit
>Nostalgia repackaged and sold constantly, with specific focus on the 80s. It's been that way for like 20 years, so I can't help but wonder when the 90s will be cool again. Either way, it'll be shit too. Vaporwave, synthwave, and other hack genres persist and continue to saturate the market

how much worse will it get

I thought stuff like "my humps" was the bottom, yet it gets worse & worse

>sticks head in toilet
>angered to find shit
>angered to find people shit at all

You make a lot of points about the stagnancy of most top music. I'm trying to think of the last time my ears felt surprised, or felt that something new was happening in music. It was probably Imogen Heap, perhaps Feist.

Do artists like that have no place in the current era?

>Imogen Heap, perhaps Feist.

A BITCH NIGGAAAA THATS THE SHIT I DONT LIKE

You can't deny that music shapes cultures, that dominant music speaks about, speaks to, and speaks into youth development, our minds, our brains, the way we see ourselves. That's indisputable.

Music is for retards and fags

Attached: f.png (220x289, 27K)

Rap is now meme music, you spend your best hours shitposting in a Bulgarian weevil harvesting board, finding the utmost pleasure in its decadent humor but act surprised when it’s trabslated into a different medium.

Attached: A4622F41-5904-4110-978B-0AEC5D8C4712.jpg (602x625, 145K)

vimeo.com/142005865

Listen to 'Tiny Human,' and tell me that she isn't breaking ground, on her own, with her $130.00 in sales.

The story of the birth of her daughter, and her conflicted and passionate feelings about the way it affected her life.

close but backwards. besides, you're literally on Yea Forums, stop being so self serious about retarded music. stop looking in the toilet, you know what's in there, its always been there, and it always will be. the internet just accelerates what has always been the rule.

Oh fuck off /pol/.
If you weren't a retard parroting regressive ideology you'd realise this is largely at the fault of the free-market you probably support.

your parents were way more degenerate behind the shallow veneer of societal repression and you hate niggers on principle anyway

It sells because bourgeois white people can get excited by a manufactured depiction of their country's impoverished negro culture without having to actually live in it.

go to bed grandpa

classicide when

She’s Nicki Minaj for retards. Here lyrics are shit and Nicki even though she’s plastic as fuck is designed to make you go rape when you see here

i go rape naaoow

Attached: 1523617478974.webm (1280x720, 763K)

this, rap is just the new emo/scene/goth

nicki minaj is nicki minaj for retards

This is so fucking good I'm literally in tears laughing at how incredible this sounds - the bongos, the maracas, the snapping it's all so good

ok, you finally made me laugh. good job

It is just a trend.
I feel that she will suffer from a "sophomore slump" with the next album considering how short the lifespan of a female rap musician is.

Cardi is a product of her time, just like Nicki Minaj appeared in a time when musical artists would dress crazy at awards shows(Lady Gaga with her meat dress at the VMAs, Kesha with glitter and messy hair, Katy Perry and her colorful wigs) and try all kinds of theatric personalities for attention(Nicki performed at the Grammy's trying to mimic an exorcism).

Nicki was also a product of her time with the upbeat pop-rock meets dance music that also reflected in her contemporaries like Rihanna.

You [i]can[/i] listen to something else.

Attached: the-delines-the-imperial.jpg (1024x1024, 104K)

They definitely do. But they don't get marketed. Corporatism along with some other factors ruined music. Because the people attempting to be different get pushed to the wayside. Generic trite rules the roost, because it's the most guaranteed money. It's also a lie that internet leveled the market. The labels quickly found a way to circumvent this and shill endlessly. That, and we now have way more amateur musicians shitting up the art with their attempts at music. Ask yourself, where the fuck did all these experts come from? Every comment section talks about muh production and how they need to boost the mids and reduce the highs, or turn up the hi hats, or use a different 808. Who the fuck are these chucklefucks that think they know how to produce a song? I make music and I had a friend said he liked one of my beats after I showed him, and I had a drum hit on the 'a' of 1e&a and he said it was off beat. Can you imagine? Not only are these people critiquing everything, they're also getting into making music. I can't say how many kids I know try to make beats and they don't even get the concept of the backbeat, or how many amateur rappers are putting out music but can't even keep a rhythm.

you eat dick

Everyone is ignoring the thriving undergrounds for almost every major scene.

get laid grandpa times change

20 years from now when people are nostalgic to right now, when we are so nostalgic already, is it going to be some singularity of inbred culture?
Nostalgia in the context of art/music is fucking stupid and it can be a fun thing like “oh look here’s this thing ha yeah” but it’s getting to where people are taking it seriously and at face value interchangeably with legit stuff and it’s running out of control

You got any idea how to get out of the fucking toilet then, smart guy?

On this note, why is it that all hip hop/electronic/substantially produced music is restricted to “beats”. Just making “beats” is such an exercise in futility, people need to make songs or music not just chill out shit or low key throngs trying to capture like a vibe, stop trying to imitate a vibe make what you make set its own
(I don’t know anything at all about what you do user so I’m not meaning to criticize, I’m just making like a point)

are you guys only listening to top 40 pop radio or something? we live in probably the only era in recent memory where it’s completely possible to avoid this shit yet you insist on forcing it upon yourselves

Wait but Hair Metal is awesome

Music the big gay

>why is people doing shit i don't like