TAME IMPALA - PATIENCE

youtube.com/watch?v=VbcVAGgVnNE

Attached: 600x600bb (2).jpg (600x600, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p5rQHoaQpTw
youtu.be/low6Coqrw9Y
youtu.be/xFrGuyw1V8s
youtube.com/watch?v=gBzrKVlH8EE
youtube.com/watch?v=-ed6UeDp1ek
youtube.com/watch?v=rUmV-MorIKc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, this is good.

>create pop music
>lack a good hook
for what purpose

that groove is zesty

i wanna eat it

It’s a spring summer jam ...nice one

it's....

alright?

It sucks. Generic synth pop.

It’s a throwaway Elton john track

Huh? This sounds like nothing out right now at all. Go buy ears.

what is this Ibiza sunset bullshit lmao

CHILLWAVE IS BACK, BITCHES

>reddit impala

No thanks.

>tame impala

Because this came out in the 80s. Ever heard of glam pop and disco?

it would be better without the phaser but i guess he has to keep the duuuudeitssotrippy image going

omfg i fucken love pet shop boys

what do the redditors hear that i don't

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 9.21.46 PM.png (743x197, 30K)

I HEARD THE BONGOS AND I CLAPPED

meh

It's like if Michael McDonald/Doobie Brothers/Steely Dan except not good.

absolute rubbish

I hate them so much

>This may be the greatest moment of my entire life.
cringe

Billie Ellish shits all over this band
Yea Forums hates her but likes this trash??

This. That shit got me dizzy going from one headphone to the other.

Name us 3 songs similar to this.

>what do the redditors hear that i don't
You're one of them you fucking retard, tell us.

When did psychedelia stop being lush and maximalist. Swear to god every tame impala song starts with a good hook in the first few seconds and then you might as well shit it off because it never evolves

I mean, I can hear slight elements of that...what is your point?

This slaps.

kek

it's got future funk written all over it - I wouldn't be surprised if that leaker wasn't lying about it being a future funk/vaporwave album now.

Listen to more music
youtu.be/p5rQHoaQpTw
youtu.be/low6Coqrw9Y
youtu.be/xFrGuyw1V8s

Maybe they’re just really high or something

thats a meh. i feel like it needs listens though. the mixing isnt what i like from tame impala

literally just balearic beat

huffing glue everyday makes anything sound amazing

sounds generic as hell

generic funky pop shit. i really like the bass part towards the middle though

Don't insult them like that

>generic synthpop

it's so fucking boring
what happened bros?

He was always boring, you just listened to more music

[spoiler]why the fuck is this so true?[/spoiler]
lonerism still good tho

Wow. This is such a maturation of their sound. It's absolutely forward looking yet plays upon elements of the past.

Song of the year 2019 for sure.

:^)

this is so fucking boring

>do I like psychedelic music? why yes of course, I love Tame Impala have you heard their new song they just released? It *slaps*

this is an absolute summer bop n' banger, bro.

boooooooooooooring

whats with this "low key" pop, they cant even create a good strong melody, a simple chorus that makes you wait for it the whole song, it just meanders sounding nice and everything, distracting you and never delivering, then it ends.

God I fucking hate reddit

Tame Impala fans are a different breed of old doomer psychonauts and basedboys.

is it me or is this mastered wayyyy darker than the usual for tame impala

Why is he such a bad producer? Those retarded flangers and phaser to show he is "low-fi" and "normal" just like you and me!. Fuck this shitty band for once.

This is so fucking good I'm literally iin tears laughing at how incredible this sounds - the bongos, the maracas, the snapping it's all so good

>This is so fucking good I'm literally in tears laughing at how incredible this sounds - the bongos, the maracas, the snapping it's all so good

new Yea Forums meme copypasta

Attached: v29rp4tsgln21.jpg (608x608, 63K)

This may be the greatest moment of my life!

Good demo.

saved

Even the artwork is lazy.

This dude is actually saving a shitload a money on his albums though. Everything is done in his house studio with minimalist gear from the 80s.

Don't call this shit psychedelia LOL

just a reminder that you share this board with retards like this

Attached: 1547661197714.png (401x300, 206K)

You can’t prove them wrong

>"As the band members were heading for the exit after the concert, the audience all bowed down simultaneously, some were crying uncontrollably. The older fans offered their children as sacrifice to the vocalist, who just smiled back at them. "This will be the last song I will ever hear in my lifetime", said critic Piero Scaruffi as he kneeled down to kiss Kevin Parker's shoes, "This is a religious experience. I will listen to this miracle of a song everyday for the rest of my life".

epic pasta, definitely gonna save this

what did he mean with this?

kevin cannot sing for shit, he has no range, all of his vocals sound exactly the same
his songs are good when he's not pretending to sing and he's just playing music

4 years for this.

>kevin threw in the towel
MGMT wins

Attached: 1517520301512.jpg (749x746, 137K)

its ok. not bad. I really don't think there is a bad tame impala song overall

Now, that was really tame.

MGMT won a decade ago friend
imo songs being mediocre is worse than them being bad

>new Vampire Weekend sounds like the Grateful Dead
>new Tame Impala sounds like Supertramp

so is all indie just 70s rock revival now

It’s kinda boring. was just waiting for it to end after about a minute or so

Its not bad. I was worried it was going to be utter shit and it wasn't.

will you listen to it again?

OH NO NO NO NO BROS HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN OUR PSYCH ROCK GOD

Attached: 4.png (524x601, 267K)

tomorrow

>This may be the greatest moment of my entire life

Attached: 1551743063406.jpg (768x1024, 81K)

This song reminds me of the time I was drinking water but I wanted a little flavor to it so I added some splenda but ultimately It was still just tap water.

Patience? This shit is TESTING MY PATIENCE!

Attached: Avgn.jpg (469x314, 19K)

would've preferred a continuation of this more than the recent release
youtube.com/watch?v=gBzrKVlH8EE

Sounded way better than this bongo clapping and snapping shit, fuck. Lonerism is still good the best, heres hoping he doesn't fuck the entire album up.

Attached: mbm2nmclkvd21.png (751x534, 337K)

thank you

This is so fucking good I'm literally in tears laughing at how incredible this sounds - the bongos, the maracas, the snapping it's all so good

this exudes mediocrity

This is so fucking good I'm literally in tears laughing at how incredible this sounds - the bongos, the maracas, the snapping it's all so good

>babbys first technically proficient music producer

Attached: 2362.jpg (1200x630, 84K)

Of course he only praises the African sounding elements of the song even though they're inconsequential to the over sound.

This. It sounds retro as fuck.

based

you sound like a faggot. go back to plebbit

have sex

With me

Its lo-fi, it's a trip, sounds like old Tame Impala and new at the same time. Its poppy, i like it lads. The percussion is great!

IT BROKE NEW GROUND

cant wait to post this in the next death grips release thread

6,5/10

it's a good song, honestly. typical ame impala.

I like Tame Impala but this is just another of kevin's throwaway tracks that has some well produced elements but as is common with him, lacks any real reward

more like lame impala amirite

remmber that this was the best out of currents.
youtube.com/watch?v=-ed6UeDp1ek

The phaser is absolutely obnoxious.

N U T T

It’s like a parody at this point

What the fuck happened to Kevin?

Attached: 1533863118628.jpg (567x550, 69K)

>New Tame Impala

Neat. It's alright.

Someone probably said it, but as always, every Tame Impala track can be summarized as "good/great production + bad/mediocre/forgettable songwriting, weak hooks, without any kind of special gimmick, unique delivery, some interesting identifiable personality traits etc behind it"

tame impala - the penis album

Its okay

It's okay

Hope for their own sake that they're still in their teens

Attached: 1545123293924.png (644x800, 17K)

stop pretending it's anything but mediocre easy-listening bs
t. owner of innerspeaker vinyl and lonerism/currents cds

This is so fucking good I'm literally in tears laughing at how incredible these sound - the bongos, the maracas, the snapping it's all so good

>chillwave in 2019
kevin....please...

Attached: SHOOK.jpg (523x153, 19K)

>*snapping*
I KNOW WHAT THAT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck you. I want 2015-2017 back

why? this shit is a dime a dozen garbage. i feel like i’ve heard this song 50 times before. literally sounds like a toro y moi b-side

Well, yeah. This exact song is forgettable, but some of his songs on Currents are really good

not true at all, some indie bands sound like 80's goth bands :)

could this be the birth of a new epic meme?

I feel like on a certain level some of us (including me) might want that rock Impala but after Currents (and how it really pushed certain paradigms) I think it's clear he wasn't gonna go that direction. With that in mind, I think this is a total bop, though I can always dream of that prior Impala coming back, we're in a new musical age. I'm vibing with this today.

rip my hopes of lonerism 2

Attached: 1544530219464.jpg (604x604, 80K)

why the bootleg link? youtube.com/watch?v=rUmV-MorIKc

>imagine thinking he was going to make anything like Lonerism again

Attached: 1527764043887.jpg (453x500, 31K)

I'm cringing on behalf of everyone saying that this is bad.

how isn't it? it sounds completely uninspired and something put together half arsed in 3 hours for a project he doesn't even care about. literally background music at a clothes store core

yes i agree

This is so fucking shit I'm literally in tears cringing at how awful this sounds - the bongos, the maracas, the snapping it's all so cringe

Can you not hear the 70's soul influence in the chord progression or the percussion? It's not generic at all, man. It sounds generic because Kevin Parker's sound is so prolific and recognizable, but with his composition he's totally put a new spin in his style.

Seeing new music from Tame Impala really made my morning. It's a great song and I can't wait for the rest of the album.

Honestly I kinda dig the whole 70s vibe of the song. I love the production and overall the way it sounds. I get why people find that whole aesthetic dull though, it's the same reason people hated it back then and the backlash helped bring on the Punk movement.

That being said, I do have to admit the song itself is a bit dull. I don't think it's outright bad like a lot of people are saying, but the chord progression is a bit dull and it's not got a killer hook like the best Tame Impala songs. I think it will grow on me a bit but I do have to say it's their weakest leadoff single for an album. At least Let It Happen was pretty different and exciting when that first dropped.

Whiplash was way better.

Kek

No one is going to argue against you it was his best

>John Lennon goes to Ibiza
no thanks

frat bro music

The sound of onions estrogens flowing in their blood

Retarded zoomer

kek underrated

I'm in a fraternity and I find this offensive >:V