REGARDING PLANTS

A lot of people are confused about what a plant is and why plants are bad.

A plant is a new artist without an organic following who is promoted by the industry via marketing that creates the impression that this artist is already popular.

This is the central issue - the manipulation of mass sentiment/belief structures through the creation of the fiction that a new product is already successful. That's all there is to it. That's how the industry operates, that's how nearly every new pop star you've head of in your lifetime was created, that's why music culture (and the rest of popular culture) is such garage, that's why normies are such lost creatures and why their identities are so amorphous, mutable, and unreal - they've been mindfucked by this kind of thing so hard for their entire lives that they can't even tell what they actually like anymore. There is no debate whether plants exist. Plants are the model for the entire entertainment industry. There is no debate whether plants are bad. They are a central factor in making the mainstream culture as debased and fucked up as it is.

Attached: quick rundown.png (1136x193, 107K)

I'm just do salty at H.E.R. no one knew who she was gets nominated for album of the year at the Grammies. Never heard a single music publication ever mention her nor is her album on any year end lists. It's not even an album it's a comp from her E.Ps dating back to 2015. Wins some Grammies. Where the fuck did she come from and how did she even get nominated for album of the year even though her songs are a couple of years old. WHO IS H.E.R

bump

bump

bump

commodification
welcome to the spectacle

its called jews

Attached: musicinc.png (538x659, 91K)

Isn’t “plants” a really misleading term because plants in the music industry are inorganic while real life plants are organic

fuck off incel

Attached: A2D2E90B-2027-4A26-8955-41A9D3C24E37.jpg (640x625, 77K)

lol

well theyre equally beautiful

nazi incel ewww omg go away sexist

god I fucking hate industry plants.

who the fuck cares dude why are you so concerned with top 40 pop shit

>There is no debate whether plants are bad. >They are a central factor in making the mainstream culture as debased and fucked up as it is.
Music culture is a primary avenue of cultural programing in general. If music culture was organic the repercussions would be immense throughout and would permeate through all areas of human life. It's hard to even imagine how different that world would be.

>is such garage
anyway, OP is an underage faggot

Attached: 1394663614318.gif (590x310, 3.91M)

based

>shill posts twitter gifs of black people laughing
It's all so tiresome

Nazi stfu

True. In that sense, you could way that industry plants are like the BT Corn or GMO soi of the music world.
me too user.

Most of the bands and artists you listen to are plants in someway or another. Get over it, not many people come from a grass roots DIY scene. If they do, they're picked up by labels, molded, and watered down for the masses. Get over it, and most of the time, no one gives a fuck to the slightest.

I'm black. I don't appreciate shills using black identity as social capital to bully genuine anons.

>plants are not bad
see

Billie never claims to be socially conscious or woke, what the hell are you talking about?

and this, plants or not, a lot of arists and bands already have their foot in the door from money, connections or previous musical endeavors. if you really want to make it, it's about marketability and networking.

>wu tang clan are plants
This thread is unironically retarded and so are all of the other posters here

it's just people whining about plants and trying to hide from the truth about everything. if someones a plant, or not, it doesn't matter really. people still enjoy it, and labels and their marketing firms have figured out that the "industry plant" thing is another great way to generate interest and revenue. they're playing the game and don't even know it.

i should have got into marketing, i could be set right now. :/

>daydreams about himself kissing ass in a board room of psychopaths who make their money destroying culture
>imagines that having this fantasy somehow puts him above other people
Pathetic and sad

when did I say it made me above others? never, just that i know exactly what they're doing and how they're doing it. what business doesn't benefit from biting culture? and at the most valuable, youth culture? are you really that fucking clueless about the world around you?

i don't think anyone unironically doesn't think plants are bad
i hope noone unironically spends their days getting angry that they exist

>when did I say it made me above others?
> they're playing the game and don't even know it.
>i should have got into marketing, i could be set right now. :/

>are you really that fucking clueless
I'm OP, I know exactly how this works. I'm making fun of you for believing that understanding how it works somehow makes you valuable or that you are more informed than people who are angry about the prevalence of plants.

>making great money doing something you know about
>bad
Lol, you're an idiot.

Go to any waifuplant thread. Full of people who very clearly and unironically don't think plants are bad.

I bet you love watching football and talking with your friends about how your team would have won if you were the coach instead of that idiot. You;re the real champ man. We all know it

>making money destroying culture and making the world a worse place for everyone
>bad
Yes. Very bad.

No one IRL is angry about plants. Maybe because people know it's a thing that exists and they can't care less as long as they enjoy it and it's marketed towards their interests and ideals. Yes, music is art, but you're a damn fool if you're going to tell me it's not a business.

you know that money is a jew's game, right?

I'm black too, my nigger.

I'm not into sports, swing and a miss, and I wouldn't speak about something unless I had an understanding of it.
You're getting sold culture all the time. Don't act like you're not.

This post is too incoherent for me to reply. I have no idea what your point is and niether do you.

>money is a jews thing
>wants to be dirt poor
idiot

It's not incoherent at all, go back and read it again. Unless you're willingly trying to act like you have no idea what I'm talking about. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised.

>You're getting sold culture all the time. Don't act like you're not.
This statement has no relation to my post. I find this a lot with the business/money-rat NPC variant - their self image is founded on the belief that they have some kind of unique practical competence and keen understanding of dynamics unseen by others, so when they're challenged in a way they can't handle, they just spew a bunch of words that don't really have anything to do with the conversation because that's easier than just being wrong. Alternatively, sometimes they actually have no concept of morality/quality/value of any kinds outside of monetary value so they just can't coherently carry on a conversation that involves any kind of value structure like that. Very weird.

i'm familiar with the phenomenon
i've resolved this apparent tension by positing that the posters are either paid shills, trolling, underage, or otherwise mentally damaged
all of these groups are worthless to me and i just pretend their posts are hidden, so when i address "everyone" they are not included

Actually my statement did have to do with your post. You're just being a troll or possibly lack the knowledge to even know what I'm speaking about. If I was sitting here agreeing with you about plants and how they're bad you'd agree with me so you can have some bit of self aggrandizing glory and solidarity. I'm not doing that, I'm saying that you have no idea about the industry and the business behind it all. It may sound crazy or incoherent to you, and it's because you have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about.

No one thinks they're bad, or cares IRL.

Nazi stfu

Ignoring them is best I agree. But at least they'll bump my thread.

Clearly lots of people think plants are bad. What are you talking about?