/classical/

god edition

youtube.com/watch?v=jcFUK8f3B_o

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #3. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #5. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #6. Deutsche Grammophon stuff. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy Folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Jewish Folder
mega.nz/#F!lk0lGSTQ!SAIvBwgyVF1EGEMUjranEw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Book Folder #1. Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw
>Book Folder #2. Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw
>Book Folder #3. A guide to the piano music
mega.nz/#F!1xJgVSLA!i2eLakjehx5DY8qYUzS0Zg

Michael Gielen recordings (might have to go to the archives)

Previous edition

Attached: p012w8y3.jpg (976x549, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W3hrXBvRass
youtube.com/watch?v=d1bBpIdyV0c
youtu.be/8XqEFAUecf0
youtu.be/xkrydS0MK28
youtu.be/BihXCvY9of4
youtu.be/aa17Cb-UmAI
youtube.com/watch?v=zZhgsX8T8Ow
youtube.com/watch?v=SY3Kxf7ZTeI
youtu.be/f5QzroijYfY
youtu.be/XYFpfFsbshk
youtube.com/watch?v=kkJC8p48g6g
youtube.com/watch?v=ADhdpnn-TAw
youtube.com/watch?v=1eJ2D2MHX-g
youtube.com/watch?v=BDSuR8yq1z0
youtube.com/watch?v=Mp7F4y7FWLs
g.co/doodle/r4whpe
youtube.com/watch?v=e2SVwTjNAFg
youtube.com/watch?v=4artVFqoW4k
youtube.com/watch?v=Pf9PmVLo5Xk
youtube.com/watch?v=0Yao9rOmQaE
youtube.com/watch?v=lrhK3Yq8GKo
youtu.be/LRLdHBlKvEw
youtu.be/75MqAyETxn0
youtube.com/watch?v=7ykQFrL0X74
youtube.com/watch?v=KZ5rjlAwqJk
youtube.com/watch?v=o31Qtit2NeU
youtube.com/watch?v=po3gXcMd31M
youtube.com/watch?v=yD764W-fOUw
youtube.com/watch?v=-0nKJoZY64A
youtube.com/watch?v=HtVgWzXGvj4
youtube.com/watch?v=7nI5Ut6zvGc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LuUVO31RqpA
youtube.com/watch?v=MsOI3QYn5k8&t=2539s
youtube.com/watch?v=I5fYXDsh_YU
youtube.com/watch?v=cD1zQjUEAUs
youtube.com/watch?v=JmkDMTU-hb4
youtube.com/watch?v=kmE42OEnAaA
youtube.com/watch?v=aLLY2D6VwiY
youtube.com/watch?v=6K7-cl7Ynf0
youtube.com/watch?v=FLeA3linKSA
youtube.com/watch?v=4WNUHnkhOFI
youtu.be/9arPxwMd6tU
youtube.com/watch?v=wOpZ11topd4
youtu.be/Z39KxbbtCC0
youtube.com/watch?v=4JCXdd4JW3U
youtu.be/VRsrOeSZ-Sk
open.spotify.com/user/awagley/playlist/34KQFysbWc1N0XbcCHJGad?si=O0o09mCcR7iaKeHKTrPlPA
youtu.be/m2xMzNxDcPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9-r7DiloQNo
youtube.com/watch?v=fuy8wTT758k
youtube.com/watch?v=EZecL3Fmqe8
youtube.com/watch?v=ptWwonxI0R8
youtube.com/watch?v=jBRH4aU9Hjg
youtube.com/watch?v=kQrYWwhMSbU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for Medtner
youtube.com/watch?v=W3hrXBvRass

So I've asked this question on Yea Forums, but have never gotten more than a few answers, so I'll ask it here.
Which pieces would you like to see in a new Fantasia movie?
Also, if you don't like Fantasia you're a fucking pleb.

Attached: fantasia.jpg (500x369, 17K)

Bach cantata bwv 54
youtube.com/watch?v=d1bBpIdyV0c

What kind of visuals would you imagine accompanying this?

mickey taking off his hat and dyeing his wizards robes brown and dedicating himself to monastery life in order to worship the glory of God

To the guy who asked for edgy Bach Cantatas in the last thread here's another one

Lutheran fat fuck

youtu.be/8XqEFAUecf0

Also reminder Karl Richter is the best Bach Conductor

Attached: 1550831066686.jpg (888x894, 68K)

>Handel is boring

Attached: AFBD9E05-A767-4382-B02F-B95032110748.jpg (596x389, 198K)

>Händel is interesting

Attached: 1544157555135.jpg (480x480, 25K)

every time I listen to bolero I'm just incredulous
he actually DID that

Based Ravel

youtu.be/xkrydS0MK28

youtu.be/BihXCvY9of4

youtu.be/aa17Cb-UmAI

Holy shit, didn't know Rameau was this good. I originally only looked for the les sauvages part but the whole piece is just too good to skip.

Attached: Attribué_à_Joseph_Aved,_Portrait_de_Jean-Philippe_Rameau_(vers_1728)_-_001.jpg (609x830, 264K)

This is so fucking good I'm literally in tears laughing at how incredible this sounds - the bongos, the maracas, the snapping it's all so good

boring as fuck lmao

Do you have it without the faggy HIP performance?

Monteverdi > any other composer

(fuck the Germans, desu)

>playing console wars with your favourite and disliked composers
r*ddit is that way, sir

GOD
youtube.com/watch?v=zZhgsX8T8Ow

Attached: luddy van beth.jpg (542x261, 23K)

This is so fucking good I'm literally in tears laughing at how incredible this sounds - the bongos, the maracas, the snapping it's all so good

The Benedictus is one of the most beautiful things ever created by an human being

DISCLAIMER: god-tier incoming

youtube.com/watch?v=SY3Kxf7ZTeI

lady mcbeth of mtsensk
2nd interlude from act one
>have rabbits running away from a slav farmer trying to kill and eat them
>fuggato episode
>german birds come in and attack the farmer
>farmer falls and hits his head and enters some trippy dream sequence
>scarbin time baby

What classical music to lift to?

Attached: 1553103341563.jpg (326x292, 20K)

WTC
both books

Yeah Rameau is top tier for sure.

Late Romantic music of course everyone knows this
Me? I always go with Bruckner because Mahler was a cuck and Wagner was a cross-dressing faggot who hated my people
Bruckner is ok he was just a creepy Blackpilled guy

Attached: 1550887194338.png (3000x3000, 620K)

>the frogfag turn out to be a jew
What a plottwist

What are the best renditions of Satie's Gymnopédies/other piano compositions?

Is there a single late-romantic composer who wasn't a Trainwreck of a person? Are there any pure late-romantic composers?

Define "pure"

saint-saens
legend mate

The Art of Fugue.

youtu.be/f5QzroijYfY
What's some other top tier Prokofiev?

vc 1

youtu.be/XYFpfFsbshk

which composers are essential romantic? t. newfag

beethoven, dvorak

Beethoven, Mehul, Berlioz, Chopin, etc

Beethoven is more like a forerunner to romanticism, along with Schubert who was born almost 30 years later but died young only one year after Beethoven and was heavily influenced by him. Than you have Berlioz, Mendelssohn, Chopin, Schumann, Liszt, Wagner, Brahms and Saint-Saëns.

I forgot to add Bruckner to the list.

Wagner was w&b. I love Lohengrin and Das Rheingold.

La Mer
maybe something by Saariaho
more ballet pieces

piano sonatas 7-9
the sarcasmes

Vivaldi is truly heavenly-tier
youtube.com/watch?v=kkJC8p48g6g

Attached: Vivaldi.jpg (1284x1533, 147K)

petzbump

>If you're serious, study music at college / university, major in composition.

Do people actually believe this? If you're serious about anything in the humanities you should not study it in college

the robot made a decent 4 voice tune, for once

Attached: a1.png (918x518, 452K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ADhdpnn-TAw

user, I...

Would really love some recommendations for pieces with both male and female vocalists trading off and harmonizing and such
like this one for example
youtube.com/watch?v=1eJ2D2MHX-g

I tried Mozart's Alla Turca's melody (a b c#, a b c# b a g# f# g# a b g# e) many times but they all sounded like shit.

A reminder that Tchaikovsky is approved by the biggest music conesuers in the world.

Attached: 1550696046140.jpg (500x368, 37K)

Puccini

youtube.com/watch?v=BDSuR8yq1z0

Vivaldi is awesome.
Even the four seasons, though they have been burned by overexposure, can be appreciated by the masterwork they are when you find an interpretation that really clicks with you.

When you study at College or University you have access to a lot of things that otherwise are difficult to get. You have decades worth of investigation filtered by others. You don't need to be a mindless drone to study, on the contrary, the more inquisitive and hardworking you are the more you can get out of it.

Which are... ?

they made it sound authentically bach

pic rel

Never text me back again

Imagine thinking that it's anyone but Ton Koopman
Stupid frogposter

What's wrong mate?

youtube.com/watch?v=Mp7F4y7FWLs
now watch this

I SAID NEVER TEXT ME BACK AGAIN

post em
g.co/doodle/r4whpe

Thoughts on the Petterssonian?

Attached: IMG_1845.jpg (363x1236, 228K)

source?

youtube.com/watch?v=e2SVwTjNAFg
Rameau surprised me too, having been of those people that didn't really care for baroque composers outside of Bach.

Meyerbeer

youtube.com/watch?v=4artVFqoW4k

I've been really enjoying Tailleferre recently. Does anyone know of other artists similar to her?
youtube.com/watch?v=Pf9PmVLo5Xk

Mozart
youtube.com/watch?v=0Yao9rOmQaE

Can you guys recognize a composer just by seeing a few bars of a piece just like you could for example recognize a band that has a unique sound, or a guitarist with a specific style of playing?

Also if any of you is willing to write about some famous composers you like, what are little "trademarks" in their music that distincts them from others? Something like a BACH or DSCH motif, but more subtle.

I can't read music

Sorry, seeing or hearing* a piece.

Give me two chords from Messiaen and I'll know its either him or Takemitsu immediately.

the only classical shit ive listened to is that russian shit they play on npr, like its intense. anyone have any reccs like that for me? or maybe some entry levels pieces that i can dive into? i have no idea where to start with this genre.

No. As music went from being an act of devotion to God and a craft to means of self expression it all went downhill. It gathered the most damaged people

Sorry but this is a patrician board. Here we listen to Bach, Scriabin and Martinu

youtube.com/watch?v=lrhK3Yq8GKo

When I started smoking pot this became my favourite album fucking ever. No album suits weed more than this shit, fucking hell. I don't smoke anymore and I can't listen to this album sober so I've lost my connection to it. Too bad. Actually even when I was smoking pot eventually I kind of distanced myself to this album because fuck me it's so depressing, even if the lyrics aren't. Such a depressing, slow melodic tone to it. All the main Beethoven albums are like that actually. Those fuckers were on a literal mission to depress the shit out of potheads.

Thanks, could you explain further using music theory?

i can mabye spot a moravian cadence (janacek)
shostys modernist period instrumentation is usually pretty stark and easy to spot, i.e. use of woodblock rolls over crashy moments
rodrigo has some pretty distinct modulations/harmonic tendencies for his guitar shit

Vivaldi (god-tier)
youtu.be/LRLdHBlKvEw

i wouldnt bother starting
just be normal, it works out much better

Why couldn't someone listen to both pop music and classical?

Do I have bad taste if I like Ozawa's Mahler?

i feel like once you come into our pool, youll get deep enough to the point of no return
might just be me though

Are Hugo Norden's fundamental counterpoint and fundamental harmony good books?

Attached: ll.jpg (311x162, 10K)

depends on the orchestra hes working with id say

Other than marrying his cousin, Rachmaninoff seemed fairly well-adjusted.

apart from his post first symphony crash

youtu.be/75MqAyETxn0
How is there anything beyond this piece? He unironically solved tonal music.

Would you niggas tear apart my classical compositions?
I am trying to improve my understanding of species and counterpoint.

Mozart better

yes, but it will make you stronger

I am only here to train. I was just trying to find a consensus, I may well post here again in neat future if I know you guys are willing to be seriously critical. Not that I don't expect you to be critical, just that I may be ignored otherwise!

i don't think this is atonal user

It's perfectly tonal, just very extended

youtube.com/watch?v=7ykQFrL0X74
Is there anything more pretentious than this piece of shit?

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=KZ5rjlAwqJk

im done with all this pussy boring shit whats something that will blow me away

see:
also tristan und isolde and all of art of fugue

youtube.com/watch?v=o31Qtit2NeU

youtube.com/watch?v=po3gXcMd31M
mastapiece

whomst plays debussy the best?

Attached: critique of pure natty physique.jpg (974x1200, 273K)

Attached: 710bsltMgiL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 17K)

This is really good. I never listen to classical so I don't know anything. But, it's really good to my ears.

I like the paul jacobs preludes a lot

Surprisingly Based

Pascal Rogé is regarded as one of the best when it comes to Satie

Saint-Saens - Danse Macabre
Mussorgsky- Pictures at an Exhibition: Promenade
Holst - Mercury

ciccolini
I hate his rendition of the gnossienes, he's completely overrated

based

I didn't bother to watch the second Fantasia, so there might be a repeated work.
One way to do it would be to try and replicate the original's formula. There are a few ideas I'd keep from the original to give it some continuity:
1) Open with Bach in a work with abstract animation.
2) Mickey needs to shine in one of the segments. I hate the wretched mouse, not only because of what it represents within copyright laws (every time he's about to be public domain Disney and their army of lawyers extend the amount of years a work belongs to a creator and/or his/her descendants), but I have also never found him interesting at all, ever since I was a kid... except in Fantasia. So to me one such work without giving him the spot is inconceivable.
3) End with a mash of a dark/edgy piece followed by a soothing one.
Then there are some things that are not required but might be repeated, such as mythological figures, dinosaur, animals, etc.
Also, for the most the works should be more or less known by the general public. And I'd like to try and keep

So it would more or less be:
1. Bach. Either Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor 582 or the Ricercare a 6 from Musical Offering. Abstract animation.
2. Pachelbel's Canon. By a HIP orchestra. Cue some short explanations about what HIP is. Three fairies, perhaps the ones from Sleeping Beauty, go to a forest and make flowers bloom. Have one fairy start the dance and then the other two repeat it in a canonic way as they move forward.
3. Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik. Donald trying to serenade Daisy with some other Disney characters helping him (Goofy, Pluto, etc.), but NOT the mouses.
4. Wagner's Sigfried's death. Do the Ragnarok of Swedish mythology.

5. La Follia, Greensleves or something like that. The earlier the version the best, specially if you get to use rare instruments from the renaissance or early baroque. Cue some short introduction to said instruments. Here I'd have Mickey as the star of some fairy tail. I was thinking something among the lines of Jack and the Beanstalk or The Brave Little Tailor. Although Disney adapted those tales, it was in the 20s/30s, otherwise get another one. Although it would make for nice imaginery Mickey besting giants. Otherwise pick another story. The important thing is to have him win by dumb luck. Minnie needs at least a cameo.
6. Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1. I'd make dinosaurs again. But not their death this time, I'd show them at their best reigning supreme. And I'd use the very last discoveries, what with those dinosaurs with fancy colored feathers and all. Make it look bright, majestic and great.
7. Penderecki's Threnody for the victims of Hiroshima. Show the horrors of war, pollution, poverty, segregation. Don't make it overly disgusting, but make it shocking nevertheless.
8. Arvo Pärt's De Profundis. Start with the Christmas truce of 1914. Go on to show the efforts of doctors and nurses tending to wounded soldiers. Then make it about people fighting against war, poverty and pollution. You could even use a character that is shown struggling as a kid in part 7, then starts helping in part 8 and at the end of it he's old, happy, in some kind of town with clean energy and his grandkids playing around.

Another way to do it would be to use an integral work instead of just segments from different authors. Some fantasia movie using Vivaldi's Four Seasons would be great. You could also use Mussorgsky's Pictures at an exhibition, although Tezuka did that already (in any case, he also did Kimba first and that didn't stop Disney from doing The Lion King).

It's not just you, but it's also far from being everyone.
Most of the musicians born in the 80s/90s listen pop music every now and then. And I've been in the house of older musicians (in their 60s/70s) and they'd put some jazz during dinner.
I've been listening classical music since my childhood, but I also like some rock and pop bands, even when I'm fully aware their music is nothing impressive compared to the greatest composer's standards.

Who's the best one for waltzes?
Unfortunately Kleiber only recorded them live, so you can hear all the retards in the audience racing to start applauding first.

When I'm too tired to concentrate I listen to some jazz.

Humming Greensleves in background

Fucking Glazunov conducting while being drunk

Scriabin's Mysterium

Mendelssohn
youtube.com/watch?v=yD764W-fOUw

I prefer pop and rock (are they even proper genres?) to lieds. But mainly listen to instrumental classical music.

Ok I'm not educated in music theory but I think Louis Andriessen and that Mussorgsky dude is cool because I liked pictures at an exhibition. Who is like both of them?

Mussorgsky is pretty much as the rest of the Balakirev's group (you may want to check them out). Russian folk themes, descriptive music as symphonic poems, daring harmonies compared to his mates. I would say the best of him is in his opera Boris Godunov

yes

Thanks

Whatever you like.

Kant fucking sucks

agreed

Thirded.

is there any /classical/ conspirancy theory besides petzold?

The death of Hans Rott

Anyone got more like this, specifically the second movement onward? youtube.com/watch?v=-0nKJoZY64A
I love this menacing stuff. I also like Rite of Spring

youtube.com/watch?v=HtVgWzXGvj4
youtube.com/watch?v=7nI5Ut6zvGc

Thanks, I've heard some Prokofiev before, he's good.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LuUVO31RqpA
This guy comments on a lot of 20th century music and always leaves these long weird comments. He also used to have a bunch of videos of him rambling about the Bible and thinks Allan Peterson is the greatest symphonist ever

The third movement from Popov's first symphony is very wild and violent
youtube.com/watch?v=MsOI3QYn5k8&t=2539s

He commented in some of my videos of Pettersson symphonies. Pretty much a weird guy with some crazy ideas.

jazz is the exception
its got enough meat in it

mozarts death
tchaikovskys death
did stravinsky fuck coco
did brahms fuck clara
the curse of the 9th

mozart wrote a pro-illuminati opera

It was pro Freemason. Get it right.

whoops, I thought they were one and the same
TIL

Okay I'm able to distinguish forms such as sonata, rondo, lied, etc. What goes next?

autism medication

Bruckner was a legit autist haha. He used to count cobblestones whenever he walked somewhere and made romantic advances on teenage girls

>heard Bruckner's 7th last night
holy shit bros

Attached: 106.i.77.jpg (577x800, 75K)

Not really. I just know how they sound.

I don't know about holy

Are Monteverdi's first 6 madrigal books worth the listen? Should I just start with the first one?

Fuck you.

Attached: b-portrait1.jpg (300x389, 12K)

Anyone here like Tallis? I just started listening to classical music very recently, but I've decided that Tallis is my favorite so far. Does anyone with more experience listening to him have any recs?

youtube.com/watch?v=I5fYXDsh_YU

Thank you, I absolutely loved it.

Torelli

youtube.com/watch?v=cD1zQjUEAUs

What's the death grips of classical?

Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina

>Freemason brotherhood kidnaps the daughter of a queen so that she won't grow up with a single mother
>bitch queen tricks prince into setting out on a noble quest to save her daughter
>prince meets the freemasons, who basically call him a cuck and vow to turn him into a man
>much of the initiation process is just redpilling the prince about women, and how useless they are without men
How the FUCK did Mozart get away with this?

Attached: Opera-photographer-The-Magic-Flute-by-Mozart-006.jpg (2164x1440, 142K)

bartok

youtube.com/watch?v=JmkDMTU-hb4

Attached: 1540936602204.gif (800x450, 2.59M)

stop posting this rubbish

Post surm und drang works
I'll start
youtube.com/watch?v=kmE42OEnAaA

Better than those faggots Wagner and Beethoven, that's for sure.

Stravinsky

Attached: 1547858272644.jpg (250x243, 10K)

Boito

youtube.com/watch?v=aLLY2D6VwiY

Sorabji

youtube.com/watch?v=6K7-cl7Ynf0

SIND BLITZE SIND DONNER

Also, I should get a book on fugal/contrapuntal writing some time.

based

based bartok poster

gieseking is great

BASADO

He didn't. He died shortly after. You gonna tell me its a coincidence?

Attached: 1552726547002.jpg (741x741, 59K)

I just spend 4.5 hours in the opera to see Tannhäuser. Totally worth it for the 15 minutes of good music in it. Chad Tannhäuser delivers some really sick burns during the rap battle in the second act and insults everyone there as incel.

Brahms

youtube.com/watch?v=FLeA3linKSA

Pfitzold

Blow

youtube.com/watch?v=4WNUHnkhOFI

Bruckner: started in his 30s
Beethoven: never really started

Unironically good opinion

Did you post this, because it blows!

Bach
Another edgy Cantata

youtu.be/9arPxwMd6tU

I'm really liking these Rilling Recordings, is kinda funny how he used a small ensemble and choir akin to HIP but still used modern instruments and Operistic soloists with the most Romantic vibrato ever
Certainly my best second go-to set since Richter didn't record all the Cantatas, I made the math and Richter only recorded like 40% of All the Cantatas probably because he died so young

Attached: 1548910797052.png (1004x1550, 909K)

CPE

youtube.com/watch?v=wOpZ11topd4

Check out Ristenpart cycle

>you will never hear mozart's finished lacrimosa

Attached: 1468190037218.png (1070x601, 463K)

Cuckzold

Vivaldi

youtu.be/Z39KxbbtCC0

Bump

Learn German then listen to all Wagner operas in one day

Anyone has a good rendition of Vivaldi's 8th Concert?

Also any recommendations of Orchestras/Composers for Vivaldi's work?

Attached: zsbzcgg8d7721.jpg (640x467, 22K)

Tchaikovsky >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Why do normie plebs love Tchaikovsky so much?

Things are a bit more complicated. A lot of Late Romantic composers were obsessed with spirituality. It was a fashion in the later half of the 19th century, up to the early 20th century, for art to attempt to replace (organized) religion as a place for spirituality.

That's the narcissistic and fundamentally fake spirituality of the isolated lonely romantic.
Bach and co. were different

It was the 18th century.

No u

>It was a fashion in the later half of the 19th century, up to the early 20th century, for art to attempt to replace (organized) religion as a place for spirituality.
This phrase perfectly captivates all Scriabin's mental jerk off

One way or another, the PC police will find a way to ban or at least censor the opera in the near future.

Lay off the youtube cringe compilations, incel.

This opera only has three locations! Please tell me that Die Walküre and the following operas have more variety.

Attached: 91JSMlnAcVL.jpg (1894x2560, 992K)

it was a different time

Listening to Mozart. That some people listen to rap rather than Mozart is objective proof that some people are stupid

What is the classical equivalent of Mishima's Runaway horses?

Based Ben Shapiro.

>Locations
Nigga what? Just listen to themusic

Yes. They also have clowns and balloons so kids your age don't get bored. If you're lucky they let you blow a whistle before the Ride of the Valkyries.

Didn't they already change Monostato's dialogue in Mozart's The Magic Flute?
He says "And I am supposed to avoid love, because a black man is ugly". I think that line is often changed.

For me, it's Rautavaara

Attached: 220px-EinojuhaniRautavaara1950s.jpg (220x291, 14K)

Kpop seventh chords

it's just the same glorious leitmotivs over and over again. thank god!

it's already happening. but to be honest, the libretto is a bit silly anyway.

They spend 40 minutes singing about going to get the ring. They spend 30 minutes singing once they're in the mine, and they spend an hour trying to convince the giants to leave the ring.
The whole story could be told in 10 minutes.

Today I will shill Pavel Haas because you people haven't listened to him enough yet

youtube.com/watch?v=4JCXdd4JW3U

Attached: pavel haas.jpg (185x252, 8K)

the only good jew is the dead jew

Zelenka performed by gooks

youtu.be/VRsrOeSZ-Sk

Attached: 1553438780321.png (720x790, 807K)

/classical/ is a philosemitic thread, please go back to /pol/.

Also pic related, how can we even compete with the determination of this lad? The late missas weren't actually meant to be performed he just made it as personal tribute to God

Attached: IMG_20190324_094324.jpg (669x337, 170K)

well it is opera

Why do you listen to classical music?

thats fucking awesome

Unironically because it is what peak composition performance sounds like

it has meat

Because it sounds fucking amazing?

Thanks to both the anons who gave their feedback last thread. As I said, there is much work to be done. All that Gesualdo is mainly because I'm just getting into and want to decide what are his best works but for you to suggest that I get rid of all Gesualdo was too excessive. Indeed I also had some of your suggestions, like monteverdi but hadn't ordered them yet. Anyway thanks alot.

Attached: 1553112172273.jpg (1080x1080, 120K)

You're welcome.

I don't get Mozart. All of his melodies sound the same.

>I don't get Mozart
Yeah, it shows. Study the whole history of western art music, then at the end return to Mozart and you'll understand.

open.spotify.com/user/awagley/playlist/34KQFysbWc1N0XbcCHJGad?si=O0o09mCcR7iaKeHKTrPlPA

What is the best rendition of Mahler's Lied von der Erde?

Attached: pelican.jpg (720x699, 33K)

youtu.be/m2xMzNxDcPQ Youtube recommended me this and I think this is really great, wanted to show you guys.

Fuck off Allen

Attached: 1544374011867.png (1000x1000, 229K)

>Georgian composer

Oddly enough this never crossed my mind. anyone else?

I really don't know, I read about this man and he seems like the best Georgian composer(not surprising at all) , I'm trying to find all of his stuff in good quality now, everything I've heard from him is pure genius. I'll definetely check out others too,I don't think that they will be better than Zakaria though, I haven't heard many composers who are better than him in general and I listen to lots of classical music and opera.

CPE
youtube.com/watch?v=9-r7DiloQNo

Tonality

Attached: Tonality.png (453x452, 95K)

>preferences in the human brain that evolved over millions of years
[citation needed]
Though it must be said: must be hard as hell to exist in a world full of so much different musics, yet you can only digest tonal music made from 1750-1900. I guess medieval and renaissance music (which is in many cases also without a tonal centre) are both also chaotic and those renaissance folk must have all been tasteless masochists.
Also
>muh emotions

So which mentally handicapped Anglo wrote this?

Attached: WEB_CHEMIN_31239_1463144104.jpg (1024x1154, 784K)

bernstien wiener recording

>Modal=atonal
Are you a Nigger by any chance?
Renaissance polyphony is some of the most beautiful music ever made you can't say the same about those 20th composers
Modes were the seed of tonality

>Nigger
Epic Yea Forumstard own bro
>>Modal=atonal
Obviously you're illiterate. I was talking about music without a tonal centre which the filthy Anglo implies is the cause of all this "chaos".

>you can't say the same about those 20th composers
I can because I'm used to it and it's subjective, you ass.

One interesting thing that I discovered about the seven classic modes and that I never found anywhere in set theory literature is the fact that you can obtain them from all the possibles scales formed by subsets of the chromatic scale as the scales with more tones that don't feature a consecutive semitone and minor third or minor third and semitone. The next scale in term of number of notes is the whole-tone scale and all the other 6-notes scales are subset of the seven classic modes. The rationale behind the "rule" I stated above is that this way you avoid major and minor chords with the fundamental note or the third in common (e.g. C major and minor in the same scale, or C major and C# minor), thus avoiding tonal ambiguity and giving to all the notes of the scale an implied harmony.

Help me decide between these 3 recordings of the Zauberflöte: Abbado, Solti, Klemperer.

Abbado

who are the respective orchestras

I'd genuinely like a 2001: A Space Odyssey type part with Reich's Proverb.

Tchaikovsky
youtube.com/watch?v=fuy8wTT758k

That's very interesting, thanks for sharing

Listen to Jap composers

youtube.com/watch?v=EZecL3Fmqe8

Attached: tumblr_nd4sy2TvTF1t06hqzo1_400.png (330x392, 114K)

its really good. No other music has the same amount of emotion, charm, or interweaving different voices. Plus there's like 500+ years of it so you never really run out.

tonal and atonal music is appreciated in different ways, i like tonal music better, but people compose atonal music because it is new, and there is little new music that is tonal

>the chromatic scale isn't a mode

Look at this guy

Attached: Luigi-Dallapiccola.jpg (550x740, 52K)

the one that has the best queen of the night aria

youtube.com/watch?v=ptWwonxI0R8

Petzold

Post your favorite classical beat. Here is mine.

youtube.com/watch?v=jBRH4aU9Hjg

Attached: sibby.jpg (193x261, 6K)

Wagner

youtube.com/watch?v=kQrYWwhMSbU

What does she listen to?

Attached: definitely_not_from_a_porn_set.jpg (1728x2592, 616K)

lol, nice pepe

appalachian spring is an easy one

i also agree it should start with an abstract bach piece, either and orchestrated chaconne in d minor (i would prefer the original, but i don't think a solo violin would work), or the beginning of a mass

surprisingly they haven't done a piece by dvorak, i would pick symphony no 8 1st movement,