TT: albums ruined by the vocalist

Attached: 220px-Frances_the_Mute.png (220x217, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ventipicnic.bandcamp.com/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=bKUc6I2m1qo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dumb pleb

You all know I'm right.

Attached: folder.jpg (1000x1000, 913K)

Your taste is shit and I hate you

Attached: 5099992842854_1500x1500_300dpi.1200x1200-75.jpg (1200x1200, 201K)

Every Rush album

you? a retard

RHCP discography

Attached: 220px-Moving_Pictures.jpg (220x220, 17K)

Everything In Its Right Place is so beautiful until Yorke starts singing

Attached: kida.jpg (1040x1041, 160K)

>ITT: shitty albums

No you but literally and unironically

Thanks for ruining cool instrumentals with your shitty, nasal-voiced spoken word shtick, Slint.

Attached: slint-spiderland.jpg (1547x1547, 887K)

the instrumentals would be a little too repetitive with absolutely no narrative thread behind them. The only track where the vocals are an issue is Washer and that’s because the singing is just weak. They did the spoken word thing first and it worked pretty well

How can the guy drive with a bag on his head? And wouldn't that make him blind, not mute? And how can they be in France, since they're on the left side of the road and France's on the right?

every melvins album

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Only respectable opinion in the thread

Swans

Attached: 220px-American_football_band_lp_cover.png (220x220, 60K)

One of the Greatest songwriters ever, irritating vocals

Attached: tumblr_mr6eycBuSV1rfyaabo1_400.gif (360x240, 1.7M)

No not really

daydream nation

Attached: stars.png (400x400, 307K)

Frances might have been when Cedric's vocals started to decline but he has some great moments on this album. I can't even listen to many songs after this one though because of him alone

I saw them on their first At The Drive In reunion tour and it was completely shot. Jim Ward was blowing him out of the water just from doing backup vocals

fuck you

he sounds like kermit

Attached: shining.jpg (450x450, 22K)

the fuck is wrong with you?

Agreed, his voice is so fucking annoying

Nah, this actually truly happens to alot of prog albums but not this one

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

I initially found his voice off-putting but then started to like it, which is the opposite of what happens to me with some other vocalists. YMMV

He's a fuckin rat in a cage, give him a break

Attached: untitled.png (650x435, 439K)

Every Slayer album
Every AC/DC album
Every Creed Album
Every Eminem album post Eminem Show that includes a guest vocalist

Pleb successfully filtered

ANYTHING by green day

Honestly a lot of the Fishmans discog, holy crap can shinjis monotone pseudo-feminine voice get annoying after awhile
But studio Long Season is some of the best stuff I've ever heard so he isn't all bad
Cedric was at his peak with this album though, Frances, Cygnus and fucking Cassandra completely blow everything else he's done previously done straight out of the water

Every Bjork album

Bwahahaha

Jim Ward always brings it. Both times I saw them on that tour I made sure to stand on Jim’s side.

ventipicnic.bandcamp.com/releases this album could use a better vocalist LOL WHAT A RETARD

every Boris album

Your mom sounds like Kermit when she’s getting gang banged by niggers

Chris Simpson is actual shit at singing.

Attached: 41yBarwjtSL.jpg (500x499, 27K)

okay this is the single worst opinion ive ever heard

Slint has objectively shit vocals. "Muh lyrics" don't mean dick when the people saying them sound like someone you'd find in an /r9k/ vocaroo thread.

This one by far. I would pay money for a version with the vocals stripped out

Attached: Velocity_--_Design_--_Comfort_(Sweet_Trip_album_-_cover_art).jpg (200x195, 11K)

bro thats the point of it my nigger

>the point of it is that its bad!

kys

it sucks man it absolutely shatters the album's immersiveness and turns it into gay twee

You're a fucking retard

This is so fucking good I'm literally in tears laughing at how incredible this sounds - the bongos, the maracas, the snapping it's all so good

Prove me wrong. Btw the lame-ass mixing ruined it as well. Wish Iggy mixed it himself

Attached: F69D4B0D-3C86-4421-88F8-7C6BFDD09C49.jpg (1426x1418, 281K)

retard

This is so fucking good I'm literally in tears laughing at how incredible this sounds - the bongos, the maracas, the snapping it's all so good

Shame because the instrumentation sounds very nice

Attached: R-382752-1154774672.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 74K)

Is this gonna be everywhere now?

Attached: cover.jpg (1200x1200, 461K)

anything by Muse

any album by mgmt

Fuck you man

absolutely not based

Attached: 81qnqT8Zx-L._SX355_.jpg (355x315, 18K)

Obligatory

Attached: 8084F903-B3A4-47D9-B5BB-BB8BF45FAFE6.jpg (1000x1000, 803K)

Any Van der Graaf Generator album.

Bon Scott > Brian Johnston

agree
disagree

Agreed. Slayer should’ve gone full death metal with growlier vocals, but Araya’s lame screaming always pulled them back

This is too true. Agalloch have some truly great instrumental compositions, but the whisper kvlt and weak singing are usually detriments.

kys, peter hammill is one of the greatest frontmen in prog along with peter gabriel. thank god you didn't get trips.

fuck you

>Tim Buckley also boasted one of the most original voices ever, a combination of African melisma, Tibetan droning, jazz scat and acid-rock wailing, a combination that set a new standard for any future vocalist. He turned the voice into an instrument of the orchestra, not just a vehicle for words.
youtube.com/watch?v=bKUc6I2m1qo

pretty much all late 80s-early 90s house music
every single vocal sample is dogshit and the music would be better off if it was just cut out

Attached: a2258833945_10.jpg (1200x1200, 740K)

Ofc this

Attached: 5AECC6AD-8C61-4876-A14D-85478568085D.jpg (220x220, 11K)

Attached: c9e4f249972603ddccd772ccec7122d3.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000x1000, 102K)

It's all autotuned anyways

Attached: 15D858F8-4FD4-4193-814B-1D3E35661DF9.jpg (600x591, 57K)

that last part of Good Morning Captain is honestly one of my favorite parts in music.

Every album by Coheed and Cambria, Dance Gavin Dance and Circa Survive

lmao. i couldn't put my finger on who he sometimes sounded like until now

Would be top tier with clean vocals only

Only if you're talking about Steve Howe's backup vocals.

yikes

Most rock and pop albums desu. Someone get these niggers proper fucking singing lessons.

I vehemently disagree with your post, but for me its any Genesis album
Just name goofy and nasally british sound to every song is too much for me

I don't get the appeal

Attached: a0037309517_10.jpg (1200x1200, 131K)

Holy kek all you niggas got shit taste fucking leave this board and this album fuck.

Attached: white light.jpg (225x225, 3K)

Anything by smashing pumpkins

shoutout to thom yorke

You might like Peter Gabriel's solo stuff better

the king of them all

Attached: deathconscious.jpg (600x600, 150K)

Dan's vocals get the job done for what style it is. Have almost no problems at all with Deathconciousness besides the beginning of the second disc

This is one I truly don't understand, can you elaborate why you dislike the vocals?

Absolutely love the instrumentals and aesthetic of the album, but the vocals almost sound immature for the sound and style. Just sounds like generic emo vocals to me. Might have been better with deeper vocals or more variety. Just my take.

Like half of the appeal of TMV were the vocals

this is just shitty igloo ghost