Avey Tare

New Avey Tare is leaked. Thoughts?

A lot better than Eucalyptus imo

Attached: avey-tare-cows-on-hourglass-pond-album-cover-artwork.jpg (380x380, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!aolymChT!w_SgeeyrphXh89WZd75caw
mega.nz/#F!K80A3IgQ!m0m0vmgmXeIDA31HW_-Bwg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

link?

not OP but I'll UL it to mega and post a DL here

uploading bro, 15%

K.C. Yours is fucking great

based

mega.nz/#F!aolymChT!w_SgeeyrphXh89WZd75caw

found in the archives

YO THANK YOU

It's actually fucking great. What the fuck? I thought AnCo was doomed.

based Avey

Attached: 1551649224689.jpg (389x389, 19K)

No problem. Enjoy

mega.nz/#F!K80A3IgQ!m0m0vmgmXeIDA31HW_-Bwg

the 2 bonus tracks (320) enjoy!

wtf i love avey now

I think Eucalyptus is a lot better but I'm honestly just happy Avey's music is being given a fair chance again. It's definitely gonna be his most acclaimed release this decade, both in and out of AnCo.

This. Everything on this album felt fairly stagnate if that makes any sense. Really only a couple of the songs transitioned to something beautiful. I personally think Tipped in Hugs from the 10" is the best thing from any of these tracks.
Good tracks:
>Saturdays (Again)
>K.C. Yours
>Taken Boy
>Remember Mayan

Everything else felt really forgettable to be honest. Taken Boy took a bit of time to grow on me. Still not entirely sure what made it click but yeah kind of disappointed with it. Although I felt the same way about Bouys when it released but I absolutely adore Bouys now. I've got to give it more time. Also, tomorrow afternoon the record should be here so I'll be able to give it a proper listen on my stereo system.

But yeah with Eucalyptus it just maintained such an ambient and folk feeling. Songs like In Pieces and Coral Lords are what I live for from Avey. Phenomenal tracks those are.

What's The Goodside
Eyes on eyes
and HORS_ are all good too man

What's the Goodside is just okay honestly, takes a bit too long to get going. Eyes on Eyes just hasn't clicked for me. I wanted to like HORS_ when I first heard it. It has all the tropes of early Avey. The obscure sampling somewhat alluding to a story, the lo-fi instrumentation, the percussion being played in a waltz timing, all has some interesting build up. But again, it just doesn't really seem to develop into anything amazing. I guess Chilly Blue is kind of cool in that it's a transitional song to the second half of the album and seems to blossom into this cold, abrasive opening to KC Yours which is cool. Also somewhat reminds me of baleeh sample a bit. I know this album will grow on me though honestly man. I hated Eucalyptus at first too, it all seemed so boring. Then I couldn't stop listening to it. Then I fell in love with In Pieces and Coral Lords and Season High.

It could also be the fact I'm listening to a shit vinyl rip.

Deak is the best of the group right now but I'm glad Avey finally remembered how to make good music again. I hope the two of them make an album together, it'd probably be AOTD.

Supposedly the next AnCo release will be Deakin, Geo and Avey. I think Panda was rumoured to be staying out of the one they're going to be working on this year. Can probably expect something later in 2020.

Eucalyptus is the best thing anyone from Animal Collective has released in a long time, but it requires a lot more patience than this album. I honestly think that Avey was lacking direction for a while, but Eucalyptus, Meeting of the Waters and now this paint a whole different picture

Meeting of the Waters and Eucalyptus are peak Avey. Aside from some of the stuff he recorded for Oddsac and Transverse Temporal Gyrus. I wonder if his divorce consumed him for many years and he's finally shaking the weight of it off and blossoming into a new man.

And I can't forget Slasher Flicks either. Damn good.

>In Pieces
absolutely based
I think Coral Orgy gets the attention it deserves but In Pieces is so overlooked. I especially love the super dramatic tremolo synth that's made to sound like a lamenting violin.

It’s absolutely fucking amazing. Avery’s best IMO

You mean Coral Lords? I don't think it gets enough attention honestly. No one ever brings it up. In Pieces though is amazing. Love the textures and the samples all over Eucalyptus. When he sings In Pieces and you just hear that booming drop and then all of the "rain drops" or whatever you want to call it falling to the ground and reverberating. So god damn pleasing. I have an affinity for Coral Lords because I got absolutely lost in it once while tripping and felt like I was reintroduced to the womb. Just felt like I was submersed in this cosmic placenta floating about, swaying back and forth with the textures of the water in the track. So comfy.

Yeah I meant Coral Lords. I saw it brought up in an Avey thread yesterday which is why I said it gets attention and it was talked about quite a bit at release.
For an album often regarded as stripped down and folky Eucalyptus sure does have a lot of dense instrumentation and arrangement ideas.

Yeah and I think that may be why I like Eucalyptus a bit more. It leans more on the folk side of Avey's style where as this new album seems to lean a lot more heavily on synthesizers and electronics as well as catchy melodies. Eucalyptus was definitely a bit more folky and ambient.

Nah, Panda Bear said he's on AC duty again this year so they're all gonna get together this time around.

Well that's good to hear. Whatever it is, if the Musicbox Village shit is anything to go off of, it's going to be a wildly different experience from the AnCo we're used to.

sauce?

the album youre referring to already came out you dingus, the next one has panda bear on it

No, this was after Meeting of the Waters, dingus.

Panda needs to take a hiatus and let his creative juices recharge

you talking about tangerine reef... lmao

He did a AMA on leddit in the middle of Feburary. Also their official twitter celebrated MPP release and said they're making new sounds in 2019

Attached: pb.png (619x228, 26K)

This was also after Tangerine Reef. But okay. Either way, Tangerine Reef was extreeeeemely boring imo. I don't count it as a studio release. It's like Oddsac or TTG for me.

I don't even think they count it as a followup to PW despite RYM considering it one. It's definitely just something like Oddasc or TTG

damn, wish he'd stop shitting up everything he touches

There hasn't been a proper followup to PW from the group yet. Tangerine Reef was hardly an album. It was a live experience with visuals that was released on record. This is why RYM is silly.

But Bouys was great?

is that a question? because the answer is no, it wasn't

You're clearly allowed to have an opinion. It's wrong, but an opinion none the less.

can we all agree tipped in hugs is the best song out of any of the stuff he's released this year?

Can we all agree that Noah is the cutest AnCo and that we'd suck his dick in a heartbeat?

proper follow up?

I can yes