Which is superior?

Which is superior?

Attached: g.jpg (394x199, 11K)

left is more comfortable

Right is old reliable, left is a quirky twist on an old favorite

Once you learn the left you will never use the right no more

Can confirm

Left.

100% left. I never learned to use right and after trying it out it just sounds shit.

i use right for fingerpicking or to play around with G7 and G6, otherwise left

not an actual G but gets the job done and sounds better/easier to transition.

That's a G6

there's not much difference, left one is easier

Everyone's calling left easier/better but I always liked right more. Guess my hands are just weird.

The right one of course. It's an open chord and should have as many open strings as possible

It isn't. Play left and then take your ring finger off. It's the same shit.

The Right, but here’s the real debate. What the correct f?

Attached: 57682AE3-6184-4C26-8709-759F53DEC7B0.png (600x629, 57K)

I play the G on the right with my ring finger on the bass note so whatever

the one on the 8th fret

I know it's the same but for the ring finger, which is why I don't understand what's "easier" about it. It's an extra finger.

That's what I meant by it isn't.

this made me chukle

yeah I know what it is, I said it's not a proper Gmaj chord

>21003*4*
What did he mean by this?

Its your fingers, 1 being your index finger and so on

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

Wow I'm retarded. Playing guitar for 7 years and didn't catch that fact. Thought it was saying the frets.

Attached: 2rdkbw.png (205x246, 4K)

No way. I learned left first but started using right because I like how it transitions to the G7. Besides, it's the standard form of G for the old-timey stuff I like to play these days.

Attached: jimmie-rodgers.png (640x482, 209K)

why not just barre? i really don't understand

Its alright, it happens to everybody sometimes

Try to bar it.

Because you want to be able to voice any chord in as many ways as possible. This is part of what makes a good guitarist.

what do you mean voice?

3x0003

Basically how you arrange the notes that make up a chord .

Yeah, but open chords sound weird, and you'll most likely learn them first. Just use all other voicings on the neck.

On a keyboard, with an A or C note in the bass

I dunno. I've been playing for nearly 10 years and I'm still a big fan of open E major. It just sounds really distinct and powerful IMO. A lot of the voicing up the neck are (at least partially) based on open shapes, so they're still useful to know

this guy gets it

Get the fuck out of here with your shitty guitar chord map thingys! Disgusting freak...

Of course. It's just that they sound different, and personally, I don't like to mix them. But it all depends on your preferences and style you're playing, classical or latin music, you'd probably want to use open chords, but in jazz or rock, barre chords would be more reasonable.

left. having more than one third in your chord is for plebs.
this is also acceptable.

>jazz
Holy shit, you just reminded me that drop 2 and drop 4 voicings are kicking my ass. Jazz is so fucked dude.

The one with more dots?

Play 1 on low E with thumb and 1 on high e and b string with index finger bar, 2 with middle, 3rd fret with pinkie and ring.

Yeah, that's why piano makes more sense.

Neither. Try playing something other than rhythm guitar.