Why did they hate disco so much?

why did they hate disco so much?

Attached: disco sucks.jpg (1500x995, 440K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=97RjuC9YeXg
youtube.com/watch?v=ISABRu2xTDA
youtube.com/watch?v=kvDMlk3kSYg
youtube.com/watch?v=e4JxvUezKYs
youtube.com/watch?v=oG2ixYJ79iE
youtube.com/watch?v=4joO6PPNavI
medium.com/cuepoint/disco-demolition-night-was-not-racist-not-anti-gay-3dfde114464
books.google.com/books?id=Aa7NDAAAQBAJ&lpg=PP1&dq=david byrne how music works&pg=PA53#v=onepage&q&f=false
youtube.com/watch?v=el3jKvWofQw
youtube.com/watch?v=JaYdzP5Lr3A
youtube.com/watch?v=uNKwr1Ne9G8
youtube.com/watch?v=haQcapOegWc
youtube.com/watch?v=9bJA6W9CqvE
youtube.com/watch?v=urQRe4uEJe4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

deep-rooted racism and homophobia.

what else?

part this, part it was fucking everywhere, part disgruntled disc jockey got laid off and put on the whole demo night thing

Dey took err jabs

More like
>Bisco sucks

It was the fad of the time, p4k liberal hipsters will probably say hurr durr muh racism and homophobia

niceme.me

but why was it a fad

>what else?
it sucked? learn to take criticism instead of regressing into your victimhood shell

it was everywhere on TV and radio, pushed harder than anything else, and because there was no Internet, it was impossible to escape it

youtube.com/watch?v=97RjuC9YeXg

disco is pretty good though

easy to dance to and easy to produce

When did Disco turn into a pleb filter?

Disco was the mainstream pop music of the day aka 99% of it sucked and yet people still ate it up

this but unironically

Because it was canned music to be played from a stereo but not performed. Pretty soulless.

HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE, I REALLY NEEEED TO KNOW

Nice revisionism.

>>>/tumblr/

Unironically yes
Disco was mostly gay, black, or female
1970s suburban America at the peak ''classic rock'' era feeling threatened by this new popular music? Yeah

>Disco was mostly gay, black, or female
Most people going to discos were skeevy white dudes looking to get laid.

That was after it got big
The music was made by queer PoC and women

Disco blew up rapidly into a horribly overdone, commericialized shitshow following Saturday Night Fever and people got very tired of it very fast. I mean, when you had Disco Duck, non-disco artists bandwagoning disco, Disney disco albums, little kids doing disco, old people doing disco...it was just too much.

It's true that disco originated in the gay clubs of NYC in the early 70s, but the vast majority of normalfags didn't know anything about that (especially not in flyover country where they barely even knew what gays were). By the time it got big, it was mostly (like 85%) straight white people. Anything else is just Tumblr revisionism.

Yeah but it's not like corny cheese rock shit like Foreigner, Reo Speedwagon, Jimmy Buffet, Steve Miller, Journey, etc wasn't everywhere.That kind of pop rock is just as disposable.

Electronic disco and house is good sometimes.

these hicks literally burnt anything with a black person on the cover

they were obviously racist.

mumble rap of it's day. all image no substance. repetitive, obnoxious, talentless.

disco evolved into house and other shit in the 80s then came back in the 90s after daft punk and shit
a lot of "nudisco" in the 00s as well as future funk in 2010s
disco did fine

>WAAAH MUH WAYCISM WYPIPO ARE AT FAULT FOR EVERYTHING
This is why everyone hates liberals

None of that was as massively commercialized and shoved in your face as disco was for about 22 months. I don't remember a Mickey Mouse does Ted Nugent album, do you?

Attached: Mickey_Mouse_Disco.jpg (1600x1582, 738K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ISABRu2xTDA
reminder

In the long run, disco won and dadrock lost. Just look at rock's relevance today.

If anything it was a class issue because disco was a scene practiced by rich urban yuppies. It was expensive to get into and you had to be able to dance and wear the right clothes and take the right drugs. You couldn't go to a disco club in jeans and a T-shirt in a Camaro with a missing taillight like you could at a Robin Trower concert.

>In the long run, disco won and dadrock lost
Not really and rockers were paranoid over nothing really because even during the height of disco, Van Halen, AC/DC, et al were filling arenas and continued to do so long after the disco fad ended its two years of relevance.

>all disco is bad
Fuck off, honky.

Attached: action-58cd8e5151b34.jpg (1000x1000, 713K)

George Clinton said something about "Disco is like having sex with only one type of stroke."

Attached: love-in-c-minor-54817c76e2764.jpg (1000x1000, 759K)

this

I think when the Ethel Merman disco album came out, it was the beginning of the end.

Attached: from-here-to-eternity-5a8c3fb177e2e.jpg (1000x1000, 652K)

Attached: places-and-spaces-5c4108f61c2a4.jpg (1000x1000, 965K)

That aside, it was a very particular sound and music styles can change and get outdated very quickly.

Yeah but in the 10s disco influence is more apparent in pop than rock is
You'd get further now with a disco sound than a rock one. New rock bands are irrelevant. When shit like Greta Van Fleet and Snailmail get all the buzz you know it's bad.

It was a scheme to sell tickets to a baseball game. Back then you could whip the general public into a frenzy so easily. NPC's were a lot more prevalent.

Attached: megatron-man-547e3e558f02e.jpg (1000x1000, 312K)

youtube.com/watch?v=kvDMlk3kSYg

>"I like the way they tackled all the big issues, Boney M. The fall of the Russian tsarist system, and stuff like that. Did you know they even had a song about Belfast? What was it called? It was called 'Belfast.' No, they didn't really suggest any new solutions. Somebody told me Boney M are dead popular in Russia. I've just been to Lithuania and it was really strange. It's just full of drunken unemployed soldiers. Mind you, they were all concentration camp guards, weren't they, the Lithuanians? Anyway, Boney M, I think 2 Unlimited are a lot like them."

Attached: mark e smith.gif (269x185, 9K)

Eastern Euros fucking love Boney M and Abba for some reason
t. Slav

>When shit like Greta Van Fleet and Snailmail get all the buzz you know it's bad.
user, those are manufactured corporate plants. They existed in the 70s too, they were called Journey and Foreigner.

Based post.

Attached: masterpieces-52fcc4036aa26.jpg (1000x1000, 821K)

It sucks

Disco house, not straight disco
Guys like Calvin Harris or RAM Daft Punk/Pharrell worked with it

homosexuals should not have rights

>it was cheesy and more importantly it could not be extended as an art form due to its inherent limitation as dance music
Didn't stop some people like Donna Summer from trying the whole "disco as art" thing.

yeah well obviously that didn't pan out

to quote Lou Reed "I hate niggers like Donna Summer"

Because Disco fucking sucks.

Attached: d1cvx76-03171e47-01ef-4064-938e-71c67414748e.jpg (544x470, 83K)

But even then theyre not really "cool" despite all the promotion
GVF fans are mostly old people reminiscing over"real rock" yet that's the biggest selling rock band. I hear more disco influence in 10s pop than rock

Based Lou

Of course, I don't hate blacks, it's just funny to me

>But even then theyre not really "cool" despite all the promotion
Foreigner were never cool either. That shit was like the McDonalds of rock music and nobody with any taste listened to that stuff.

>late 70s dude: Hey Christine, I got us some tickets to a concert.
>late 70s chick: Oh cool, Rick, what band is...(sees Foreigner tickets) I'm leaving you.

I'd also argue the US economic recession that began in spring 1979 had a big part in killing off some of the bloated excesses of 70s music.

nice virtue signaling fagtard now piss off back to plebbit

In light of the recent incidents in NZ I think it's best to demarcate political incorrectness and ironic racism from actual hatred

Most Reddit thing I've read today, kill yourself right now cunt

granted the Beegees were a pop group years before Disco took off, why did they become the biggest artist in the genre's history being a bunch of aussie alphas? was there homophobia and racism towards it? absolutely, remember how everybody freaked out over Baby by Bieber? that was Disco on the radio every day, it was the mainstream and the counterculture hit

I think popular music SUCKS!

Attached: med_1474009840_image.jpg (640x480, 37K)

That's just because EDM is big and it might use some disco style bass sometimes but pure disco isn't really a thing anymore.

they obviously werent doing a great job when Kung Fu Fighting is one of the genres biggest singles

Kung Fu Fighting was like fucking 1974, that was long before the disco boom.

"early disco was created by queer PoC and women" Kung Fu Fighting" is a disco song by Jamaican vocalist Carl Douglas. it was the number one song in the country, it was a CATALYST for the boom

Never Gonna Let You Go [RCA Victor, 1976]
In the tradition of the best disco, side one has music you can not only listen to, but dance to as well. Also in keeping with tradition, side two is unmitigated crap. C

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 17K)

Kung Fu Fighting just sounds like funk/R&B to me. It doesn't have the swirly strings or four on the floor beat that were disco's hallmarks.

This guy acts woke and shits on rednecks/flyover white people all the time yet he gave Lynyrd Skynyrd an A

Also he loves Aerosmith for some reason.

Cheri [Warner Bros., 1979]
Hey, psst, wanna hate a disco singer? Got one for ya. This is a white American girl gone Yurrupean, and she doesn't end up like Donna Summer, believe me. Ex-model, blonde of course, comes on all dewy-eyed then sings these lies about her passions. You catch yourself dancing to it and you wanna puke. Plus on the other side you can't even dance to it--it's like if Cheryl Ladd recorded Edith Piaf tributes, which she might yet, all topped off with a paean to "retro," which in case you didn't know means nostalgia with a will to power. C-

this desu

This chick was actually born and raised in Sweden, but putting that aside. I sampled this album and also wanted to reach for the barf bag.

House is a descendant of disco, not rock. Irrelevant

youtube.com/watch?v=e4JxvUezKYs

>those faux ABBA vocals
You know, maybe Cuckgau isn't always wrong...

Gay clubs need music too, you know.

They had good gay music though, why use that shit
youtube.com/watch?v=oG2ixYJ79iE

Rockists are generally inferior in music taste. It's due to their inability to understand the nature of anything outside the scope of the intellectualised form of music they've restricted themselves with. This is why they often shit on all music that doesn't appeal to their ego-protecting persona.

"Dance" music, which I don't always dance to, is nuanced in a way that is separate to the music intended to be listened to and not danced, in a contrived and authoritative sort of way. This limitation is a bother to the perennial search for beautiful sound and aesthetic enlightenment.

Disco is just a leaf on the dance music branch, from cavemen to ballrooms. It has it's own variations, changes and levels of originality and creative output therein the genre, and just like any other genre. The difference in how the music is synthesised by our mind doesn't degrade the value of one over the other in my eyes, and without disco, other musical developments and audible depictions of beauty wouldn't exist today.

Attached: a2393039796_10.jpg (1200x1200, 544K)

Banger

>remember how everybody freaked out over Baby by Bieber?
legendary. most disliked video on YouTube for YEARS.

this old narrative falls so flat, and the alleged phenomenon of 'disco hate' is centred on one event - Disco Demolition Night
the organizer (fat dude in pic related) was a rock radio DJ. mad that disco was dominating airplay on major stations (this being the time of vinyls and cassettes, when most music was transmitted on radio), and maybe a bit thirsty for publicity, he got the Chicago White Sox (one of the worst-run organizations in major league baseball), who were almost surely desperate to sell tickets, to let this DJ destroy a bunch of vinyls on their field. enter: the drunk bros at the ballgame.
it sounds like a fun time tbf. Michael Clarke Duncan (the big fella in The Green Mile) was there. also *smirks* note the black kid in the back of pic related.
no one died. no race riots. just a bunch of lads having a good time ruining a baseball diamond

Attached: 1*eesx7pC1_oEh7jz1T8_Lcw.jpg (2000x1326, 538K)

To be fair the biggest symbols of disco in the public consciousness were the Bee Gees and John Travolta, who were straight white guys.

They all look straight out of that 70s show

This is like a shit version of Thelma Houston's rendition of Don't Leave Me This Way. No wonder this shit was on the way out

youtube.com/watch?v=4joO6PPNavI

Closer track. This is bordering on gay music by committee/focus group tier.

because disco does actually suck and mostly sounds the same

I didn't even link the Ethel Merman disco album. I don't think your ears deserve that kind of abuse.

medium.com/cuepoint/disco-demolition-night-was-not-racist-not-anti-gay-3dfde114464

let's not forget disco legends ABBA! two heterosexual couples from Sweden
that 70s show was an accurate depiction of 1970s suburban America

Attached: ABBA-677289.jpg (590x350, 54K)

See this is what I mean. This blatant homophobia that rockists have.

>hurp this is faggot shit now AC/DC that's real music, man--all about getting drunk and forcing yourself on women whether they want it or not

Lol true
Rockists shit on disco or rap for being shallow and only about drugs/sex/guns/etc but love ACDC and GNR

What does it sound like? Genuinely curious.

This, unironically. Lots of classic disco songs are still widely respected and played on a lot of house sets. Giorgio Moroder's pioneering electronic work on the disco scene was and still is massively influential (producers like Todd Terje still take from it). On the long run, disco won.

They only burned black artist's records.

You're trying a little too hard, dude.

It's true though.
ACDc makes songs like Gone Shootin or You Shook Me All Night Long yet their fans criticize other genres for only singing about sex/etc

>he mad that Bon Scott probably fucked his mom backstage in '78

This
Disco is more relevant today than rock and I genuinely mean that

Attached: dc5.jpg (386x576, 44K)

The Bee Gee were like the only popular white disco artist back then.

Agreed. There is good rock and good disco, but much of what was popular was dogshit.

Nah, modern house/club really doesn't sound like disco at all. I mean, after 40 years, why would it?

same reason incels hate pop today, its fucking lame

Attached: 1533596656182.png (380x349, 77K)

After 1979, dance music dropped off Top 40 and retreated back into the club scene.

It was fag music, and these are football fans, so it kinda follows.

It's pretty much EM singing her usual torch song standards over an absolutely generic, copypasted disco backing track. But that's not the real reason it sucks. The real reason it sucks is that she was pushing 70 and didn't have it anymore as a vocalist. Go listen to some of her recordings from the 50s when she was at her peak.

Not quite, synthpop/new wave ruled the 80s and while not disco it was dance oriented usually

Ruled the early 80s anyway, by mid-decade New Wave had faded out.

>that 70s show was an accurate depiction of 1970s suburban America
So go crank up Feels Like The First Time.

Eh. It's still better than Madleen Cann.

Living Proof [Fantasy, 1979]
The three concert sides are what Sylvester wants--his graduation from disco into the world of Thelma Houston and the Pointer Sisters. But insofar as he succeeds artistically he does so on effort, not achievement--he simply can't generate the requisite vocal lustre so far above his speaking register. And insofar as he succeeds commercially he does so on the strength of the studio (i.e., disco) side--which succeeds pretty well artistically, too. B-

>john travolta
>straight

>john travolta
my nigga he is 300% gay
open hollywood secret

>football

patently false

At least Donna Summer still had funk/R&B in her sound. Never trust Eurodisco. It will always let you down.

Ah shaddup, Christgau.

Much of Michael Jackson's output was pure disco. It's absurd to suggest that disco can't incorporate synthesizers. Even rock was incorporating synthesizers.

Ok fine disco wasn't popular with he-man AC/DC and Ted Nugent fans. But I bet in between drinking a Coors, they probably enjoyed it when it came on the radio and even snuck off to the neighborhood disco to get chicks.

One of the most cretinous things I've read on this board was the comment that "real men don't dance".

Madonna's first LP came out of the disco scene. It's got Mark Kamins and Jellybean all over it: premier division DJs in New York at that time. The tracks are disco in structure - Holiday has much in common with something like D-Train's 'You're The One For Me'. By the time the next LP comes round, it's definitely synth pop she's going for.

based and redpilled, thank god the Death of american disco, didn’t mean the death of electronic music, while americans did create House and Techno, it never got to flourish there as a scene/culture, Europe adopted EDM as their staple in clubs, unfortunately for americans what is considered good electronic music there, is whatever is being played in Tomorrowland or Ultra, hope for the day that DJs such as Calvin Harris, Swedish House Mafia, Skrillex, Hardwell get laughed at for how shitty and uninspired their “music” is

Madonna ruined disco.

She also ruined gay culture.

my dad and all his friends liked foreigner when they were teenagers/early 20s

David Byrne talks about this in How Music Works:

books.google.com/books?id=Aa7NDAAAQBAJ&lpg=PP1&dq=david byrne how music works&pg=PA53#v=onepage&q&f=false

>this sad attempt at virtue signalling
Yeah, Dave, about that...

Attached: trash.jpg (666x500, 45K)

David Byrne ain't exactly a Republican, what did you honestly expect?

because it was associated with gay people and black people

well ted nuget is a hypocritical pos chickenhawk.

How many more hours you gonna be samefagging this?

That should be pretty self-explanatory. I highly doubt most people in Iowa or Indiana associated disco with gay culture or knew much of anything about it. Especially back before there was any Internet.

i think homophobia was a bigger factor than racism
black music was widely popular, rock, blues, jazz, funk and rap have didn't receive that kind of hate. all the great music had african american origins.

disco was black, it was also very gay

gay people have always been around, but stayed in the closet. a lot more gay people were coming out in the 1960s and 1970.

disco symbolized something new and scary to people

if a white person listens to jazz, they aren't going to have to worry about people thinking they are black

if a straight person listens to disco, they might have been afraid people would think they are gay

i don't know, this is just my take and i could be wrong and probably not my place

yeah it was def more of a gay thing than race

Don't agree at all. It's far more likely that flyover state people disliked that disco was a culture of rich urban yuppies who could afford nice clothes and tons of drugs, and obviously that disco got overexposed and marketed to the point of being sickening.

So as I see it, it was a class issue, not a race or whatever it was issue. I never got the impression that most of the black funksters like George Clinton and Rick James were fond of disco either from some of their comments.

They never learned how to skate.

>one user says they didn't like gays
>other user says people in flyover states barely knew gay culture existed

Attached: jjgf9.jpg (446x333, 86K)

youtube.com/watch?v=el3jKvWofQw

Wasn't Rick James's breakout hit disco?

Yeah but he didn't want to do it, Berry Gordy kind of forced it upon him. Besides, only the opening bars of You And I are disco, after that the song turns into a straight funk number.

Nile Rodgers considered himself a rock or funk or whatever musician, he played disco because he wanted to get on the radio and make money.

Disco was still big in Japan until the early 90s
youtube.com/watch?v=JaYdzP5Lr3A

well damned if this isn't the most chad album cover i've ever seen

yeah and they were justified in feeling that

i've live in a "flyover state" my whole life and don't agree with this

are you from a flyover state? i hear a lot of bad takes about the midwest by coasties

it's not like we are remote hillbillies that didn't get television until the 1990s.

we hate the coast, and part of that is because whenever someone from california or new york talks about us they talk about us like a remote tribe in papua new guinea, not because of disco

The post you're replying to is 100% agreeing with you, numbnuts.

Most liberals that aren't loony like Byrne can see that Disco was hated because it was oversatured and permeated every aspect of culture, and people were fed up.
Racism and homophobia was likely a part of it, but the majority joining in on hating disco were just tired of it. The presentation was corny and got old quick.

>Racism and homophobia was likely a part of it
Don't think blacks thought much of disco either desu.

but its not.

i never said it was about class or regionalism, and i disagree with that completely as a working class person from the mentioned region

i said i think it was about homophobia

It's weird because Christgau despite living in NYC seemed kind of clueless about gay culture too. His reviews of the B-52s lend the impression that he had no idea what the deal with the group was and he seems to think their fans were Average White Teen at a high school party.

Attached: img79.png (1333x88, 17K)

i didn have no computer webs up here til 'bout 2015

gay? i guess folks are pretty happy round these parts

Attached: midwesterner.jpg (720x480, 48K)

I was made
*pew*
You were made
*pew*
I can't get enough
*pew*
No I can't get enough
*pew*

Attached: KISS-395479-1149583704.jpg (600x600, 158K)

U fellas want gay disco? I'll show you the good shit
youtube.com/watch?v=uNKwr1Ne9G8

>i said i think it was about homophobia
I do not really agree with that for reasons already mentioned earlier.

nothing new

elvis, the rolling stones and the beatles were the biggest symbols of rock

all the blues musicians my boomer parent's listen to these days are white

>John Travolta, who were straight white guys.

Attached: 50-CENT_AAP_1200.jpg (1280x719, 55K)

so it's not really "100% agreeing with" me

disco music? oooh yah i have a music disk player and lots of CDs!!!! i really like dat toby keith guy, and i have a few jeff foxworthy CDs too!!!!

Attached: hunter midwestern.jpg (640x480, 88K)

i have had this exact conversation with my midwestern baby boomer parents who were adults when disco was popular

they were drug using rock fans then and cited that homophobia and racism as the reason people hated disco

that doesn't automatically make that right but i'd give their word more weight than an entire thread of college age dudes and ignorant coastals on Yea Forums

>deep-rooted racism and homophobia.
You're correct. Fuck these left-wing, communist cunts. The Rope cannot come quick enough for them.
youtube.com/watch?v=haQcapOegWc

Well I've been on Steve Hoffman Forum threads with people who were there and they said this was a leftist meme and disco was disliked because of how shitty and oversaturated it got, so...

Correct post.

Remember dubstep? How that shit was fucking everywhere all the time and got mixed in to fucking everything and we had dubstep metallica remixes and stupid bullshit like that? And then it just disappeared all of the sudden because people got fucking sick of it. That was what happened with disco.

Disco was 100x bigger and more cancerous than dubstep.

Now I'll agree that some rock fans could have been racists, for example Aerosmith were denounced by /pol/tards as traitors for collaborating with Run DMC, but for the vast majority of people it was more like

Yeah I agree I was just trying to compare it to a modern equivalent

MANY OF THOSE DISCO HATING WHITE PEOPLE LOVED JIMI HENDRIX AND THIN LIZZY LMFAO

When Prince kicked it, white rock and pop musicians were coming from everywhere to pay homage to him.

You belong to you and me

That's a ballad, not a dance number.

My dude posted up cerrone

You are forever the realest

She ruins everything

based and woke

My dude it was the best selling record of all time saturday night fever. Discovering a gem like this is forever remember. If I can't have you, I don't want anyone baby if I can't have you. Now I found my paradise. Say you will be my baby and we can make it shine. More than a woman, more than a woman to me

Now you're getting it

Hell yeah

Fragile Masculinity.
Reminds me of how people dissed Lady Gaga, Kesha, and Katy Perry for singing "mindless and shitty" music, it was contrasting to what people thought was "real" music like Adele or pop-dance songs sung by men

>why did they hate disco so much?
Because it sucks, duh !

Angry white apes manipulated by business man for his purposes. As usual.

because they didn't know how to dance
obviously disco got really good right after this (Paradise Garage/early 80s boogie era)

Elvis was a hero to most, but he never meant shit to me

This is correct, despite some assblasted faggots ITT.

Not really

Lots of white people were into disco, if it had remained a black dominated subculture....white people in the midwest would never have heard of or cared about it

Yeah, really. Read a book. Even if the majority of whites were into disco, this doesn't negate the fact that "black" music (blues, rock n roll, jazz etc.) was frowned upon and there were serious measures being put into place to remove this kind of music or to put a stop into concerts and young people listening to this.

Shit like this would trigger quite a lot of people in the late 60s
youtube.com/watch?v=9bJA6W9CqvE

Not in the fucking late 70s when disco was huge, retard

Well we are talking about the time when disco WAS hated, you fucking mongoloid.

>Angry white apes
Fuck off with your victim complex you pathetic piece of shit, fucking racist, fuck you.

shut up incel

Disco was hated after it got big, it was hated by rockers and headbangers because it wasn't rock. Just like Korn fans all hated BSB and Brittany Spears, same demographics, different styles

youtube.com/watch?v=urQRe4uEJe4

See, this is how it was, notice these guidos are white, Italian probably

>why did they hate disco so much?

Definitive Answer:

Popular music was percolating along fairly nicely since The Beatles came along in 1964. The first disco songs appeared on the charts around 1974. And it then seemed overnight that disco pushed out rock as the dominant popular music in America. Worse, if you were a fan of rock, you had become accustomed to songs that told stories, songs where the lyrics were important and said something. Disco set all that on its head. Lyrics became very secondary, if they were a concern at all. It was now all about the beat, the groove. Could the song be danced to? THAT was the burning question. Disco became so ubiquitous that rock fans thought rock was going down. And why wouldn't they think this? Between 1975 and 1979, almost EVERY major rock act put disco songs on their albums. This included The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, Rod Stewart, Neil Diamond, The Beach Boys, The Four Seasons and Paul McCartney. Some bands like the Bee Gees actually remade themselves into disco bands. Things looked rather depressing if you were a rock purist.

Always think about the context of the times.

Eventually, disco proved to be a fad. When rap came along just a couple years later, rock fans hoped that that, too, would run its course like disco did. But they were sadly disappointed.

this

This is like greasers vs soces, rockers and the "cool trnedy" kids has always been at odds and enemies, that's the purpose of rock n roll rebellion

And previously it was hated because it was popular with blacks. It's simple, really.

It wasn't hated at all previously because white people didn't even know about it yet

Imagine defending the disco guys here....yikes.

I hate apes equally and with no distinction of skin and sex, so fuck YOU, you rabid paranoid bastard.

You useless little moaning losers make everything into a game of victimhood where you can cast 'muh ebil white male' as the villain, it's beyond disgusting, history will look back on you for the nauseating vermin that you are, stupid racist cunt.

This is so fucking good I'm literally in tears laughing at how incredible this sounds - the bongos, the maracas, the snapping it's all so good

Why did you specify 'white' then, you dirty 'black ape', sounds a bit racist when thrown back at you like that huh black ape, you like people calling you black ape ? no ? well don't call people white apes then, you racist cunt.

Say apes again

This isn't a race issue, I was a kid in 1979 so remember it first hand, for all the revisionists misrepresenting things itt, disco had thoroughly jumped the shark & was way over exposed by then, new kinds of music were becoming fashionable & disco was old news, people were bored of it by the early 80s and anyone wearing anything vaguely associated with the 1970s disco scene would be laughed at, it was seen as utter cringe.

Ape

Ape

Apes

Apes