Why is it cool to hate them now

why is it cool to hate them now

Attached: redhotchilipeppers.article_x4.jpg (640x380, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y1TLcos4wZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

contrarianism

If you’re not listening to overproduced synthesized loops with a pounding sub bass it’s dadrock and shit

they suck?

HUBBABUBBAJUBBAGUGUGLUGGAGLUGGA

classic lyrics.

Chad Smith can't drum, Anthony can't sing.
Flea and all 20 of the guitar players they had over the years are pretty based though, even Josh is talented albeit not that great of showing it with RHCP for some reason.

>Chad Smith can't drum
Ok, now I've heard it all

This.
Honestly, RHCP are easily the most unique and creative mainstream artist of the last 30 years, even if they have been falling off in recent years.

To be fair, last time I saw them live he kept massively fucking up the timing. He can show off like a champ but his internal metronome is fucked.

>now

red hot chili peppers have been made fun of for the past 15 years. it's not new. you're just underaged.

they actually suck so hard. John Frusciante is a genius tho

Is it true that the first couple albums are good funk?

Bands like RHCP and Sublime get shit on now because their music has aged as poorly as every basic stoner douche who peaked in high school in the 00's who claimed they were timeless generational artists lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=y1TLcos4wZ0

what is this nursery rhyme stuff?

Attached: serveimage (3).jpg (960x540, 64K)

blood sugar sex magik was a legit good album. everything they did after sucks balls ive never been able to listen to anything theyve made since

Because poptimism is cool rn and RCHP is music for le wrong generation people

Robert's based and redpilled

no, everything before Frusciante was dull and generic

Sublime [Gasoline Alley/MCA, 1996]
If you've resisted, I understand. They're surf punks and ska boys and heroin addicts, each a reasonable ground for summary dismissal. Their indie albums are nothing special. Not only that, one of them is dead. The prognosis is so dismal that it takes time to hear that this ska is evolving toward sinuous skank rather than reverting to zit-popping thrash, to ascertain that the tunes are simple rather than pro forma, to believe that Brad Nowell writes like he's got a life even if he ended up wasting it. Junkies who retain enough soul to create music at all are generally driven to put their brilliance and stupidity in your face. Nowell is altogether more loving, unassuming, good-humored, and down-to-earth--or so he pretends, which when you're good is all it takes. A-

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 17K)

If anything, Frusciante is the one who made them dull and "generic". Everything from Californication onwards was mostly just Froosh's buttrock indulgences.

>If you've resisted, I understand. They're surf punks and ska boys and heroin addicts, each a reasonable ground for summary dismissal
Wait, didn't this guy dicksuck notorious junkies the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, and Kurt Cobain?

Don't forget Ween and Primus.

lyl

They stopped being cool after BSSM

Attached: file.png (205x183, 16K)

They suck.

>why is it cool to hate them now

>now

It's been cool, and actually completely justified, to hate them since Mother's Milk for the reasons that after that they started to suck, and they got too old for being le wacky party band, plus Keidis is the absolute worst lyric writer of all time, what a fucking tool.

imagine having those cheeks. my life is pain

>s/t better than Mother's Milk or BSSM
I don't think worse opinions have ever existed

t. Beatles/Radiohead/Bowie fan

What a strange conclusion to make.

>implying you didn't all have a Californication CD in the 8th grade

Their cover of Higher Ground blows away the Stevie Wonder original.

No it doesn't.