Autechre thread. Favorite albums/EPs of theirs? I personally really enjoy the ambient techno of their first two albums...

Autechre thread. Favorite albums/EPs of theirs? I personally really enjoy the ambient techno of their first two albums. I still haven't heard their later work but I do know it's supposed to be extremely different.

Attached: Autechre - Incunabula.jpg (600x592, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dyEB6inZ0Hk
youtu.be/sC0k4Z2Sk3c
youtu.be/mb83pEpAF8w
youtube.com/watch?v=gvB7Kh16TBs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sad bump, I know I'm not the only one here who knows Ae

Draft 7.30 and Oversteps are probably my favourite of their albums. I also like EP7 and Exai a lot.

Attached: bcae2763.jpg (320x320, 24K)

I discovered them a few years ago. I slowly went through the albums chronologically.
I did like how weird and unconventional they got over time, it was quite a trip. But nowadays I mostly turn back to their older albums, particularly Tri Repetae and earlier.
I still love their later stuff tho. My favorite has to be Quaristice. It's so rich in texture.

Attached: 1551047053708.png (396x396, 137K)

I think Tri-Rep has aged quite well & is the most solid of the 90's albums, some of the tunes on Incunabula & Amber sound a bit dated or of their time, I tend to enjoy about 50 or 60% of the material on those same with Chiastic Slide & LP5. Their later work post 2000 is different, but not that different - the electro/ambient etc. influences are still there but sound palette & the gear used has changed. If you are stuck in or can't get passed the early 90's or are new to electronic music in general then yeah I can see some of it being challenging or "wtf...this is just noise" (which some of it is lol).

The god-tier 3 album run:
Confield, Draft 7.30, Untilted

Early releases are too simple and often include annoying high pitched hum, later releases sometimes feel unfocused and sometimes have bad loudness-war mastering (although NTS Sessions has acceptable mastering).

NTS 2 is my fav, but I haven't really listened to the full discography yet. Probably only half.

I keep seeing this comment about high pitched hum, literally the only tunes I can think of that have this are Overand & possibly Rsdio from Tri Rep & Drane from first Peel Session. As for the early material being too simple, I'd say it's no more or no less simple than other music their peers were putting out around that time.

Chiastic Slide > Tri Repetae > Confield > LP5 > Amber > Incunabula > everything after Confield is tryhard meme shit

>everything after Confield is tryhard meme shit
But Quaristice and Oversteps are dumbed-down accessible albums for plebs like you.

Only heard Cavity Job. Didn't bother after that.

lol

>albums have more melodic passages and soft pads rather than washing machine noises
>they're suddenly dumbed-down accessible albums for plebs
I mean I enjoy the washing machine bits too but you're such a faggot holy shit

obligatory

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-22 Autechre - Gantz Graf; NME Review.png (612x425, 63K)

>someone makes weird computer music
>people get offended
classic

I wish I was a bald German in an expensive anorak desu

Sarah Dempster?
More like Sarah Dumpter amirite?

t. bald germanics

you got me user

Attached: jörg.png (600x450, 439K)

Favorite AE remixes?
youtu.be/dyEB6inZ0Hk
youtu.be/sC0k4Z2Sk3c
youtu.be/mb83pEpAF8w

Attached: 18041006_2.jpg (2000x1315, 288K)

lol

Garbage is their peak for me

the best

youtube.com/watch?v=gvB7Kh16TBs

Attached: autechre-2.jpg (1080x720, 302K)