Why do feminists only really care about female artists if they produce shitty pop music or sometimes edgy Indiecore...

Why do feminists only really care about female artists if they produce shitty pop music or sometimes edgy Indiecore shit but seemingly ignore genuinely talented female musicians like Kim Deal?

Attached: Kim deal main.jpg (727x400, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C91_VNhnIfE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

girls coax each other into not being too smart. Crabs in a bucket ya know, to prevent jealousy

Because those types of women generally do not give a shit about music.

white feminism isn't real feminism and that's likely what you're referring to

i wondered that too. maybe because kim/kelley don't really adhere to their brand of feminism? they're a bit rough around the edges.

/thread
true for most political activists

yaass SLAY BEYONCEE SOLANGE SLAYYY BITCH PWR BTTM

Surely then they're not conforming to "patriarchal gender norms" or whatever the garbage terminology is?

>kim deal
>talented
you're really funny user

Agreed they should all make bland dad rock like Kimberly

>seemingly ignore genuinely talented female musicians like Kim Deal?
She's a Shiksa

oh yeah feminists totally ignore kim deal

>most people like pop music
wild

Attached: pepestare.jpg (1200x1096, 227K)

U.S. Girls and Laurel Halo are two of the most interesting acts this decade but they certainly don't have much media push.

This
Truly empowered women don't focus entirely on female empowerment.

Women generally don't know anything about music outside of what they hear from their boyfriends/husbands and/or what's on their spotify daily mix.

wew lad

thats why i prefer Kim to a lot of her 90s counterparts, she was all about just making cool ass music and never cared about trying to be part of some movement like all those grrl riot bands of the 90s.

I acutally think theres something unique about her role in rock culture. To go from what was essentially a second-fiddle role in a band that (at the time) wasn't that huge, to where she was the leader of her own female-dominated band that then surpassed her old group in popularity (Breeders were huge in 93 with Last Splash and Cannonball constantly played on MTV) just by virtue of her likeability and strange combo of pop instincts and love of noise distortion but then there's that whole grim backstory where substance abuse and it all went to shit and that long dark period where she disappeared for like 10 years and then people started to forgot about her, and people who dont know their shit write her off like she's like some forgotten one-hit wonder from the 90s. Fucking plebs dont know shit, shes been still making great music all these years it just takes her forever to release new shit because shes so meticulous

shut up pussy, edgy shit or whatever the musical trend is women and men do it regardless of sex
there was nirvana there was hole
stop projecting

Attached: 48381503_2208443442513771_2290483802436272128_n.jpg (960x960, 56K)

Lay off the YouTube cringe compilations and Buzzfeed, incel.

Literally fucking this. No matter how much empowerment they preach, women get jealous as fuck when others start climbing up past them, and thats just a fact.

i prefer the breeders to the pixies, come at me! i like the pixies too, but im one of the few weirdos who knew the breeders first and only later discovered them because i was like 'wait the breeders chick was in another band before this?'

Attached: 56fd2d33d3b9d.jpg (800x800, 189K)

Instead of "feminists" say what you really mean, which is "stupid overly idealistic radical third-wave feminists who went to liberal arts schools." Most non-retarded and non-NLTOG females consider ourselves feminists.

in the 90s yeah because the breeders were always on mtv and i dont think the pixies ever really did music videos because black didnt like making them. pixies was a weird group where they didnt become popular until like 10 years after they ended

I think my girl would probs call herself a feminist and she loves all this type of shit. She's not really loud about feminism in the same kind of way as your average sjw though.
We're a bit older too, could just be that these artists are less accessible and out of style.. I doubt a lot of casual feminists know who Kim Deal is desu.

they like courtney love better because murdering nirvana guy was a real TOPPLE THE PATRIARCHY SLAY QWEEN moment in the womin takin back rock from the DUDEBr0 incels yaaas!

Attached: 1552331953455.png (1440x871, 1.05M)

Because pixies/breeders are 90s bands so teen girls are less likely to listen to them today

precisely. women who are better educated/more cultured like better stuff. easy peasy. mainstream "feminists" are gonna be more likely into mainstream shit

a lot of the good female indie rock chicks of today seem to be pretty influenced by kim/thebreeders (Pip Blom, Courtney Barnett, Potty Mouth, Charly Bliss, Stef Chura, Screaming Females, The Beths, Melkbelly, Bully) so they'd probably dig them if they heard them, also dont all these zoomers try to ape 90s culture because they think it makes them cool so id think a majority of them listen to 90s stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=C91_VNhnIfE
hot take but The Amps was kim deals best album

Attached: R-420551-1153497460.jpeg.jpg (600x540, 57K)

The 90s gen z thing is more fashion
If they know kim they like her but it's not like her music is everywhere

for the most part almost all the good pixies songs were that ones that featured kim on vocals, whether it be prominently or simply backing vocals. theres a reason most people dont like the other albums after doolittle as much. didnt even sound like the same band anymore on those later albums, not just because of the lack of kim but frank black started rocking less and got more folksy over time.

trompe le monde rocks hard you shit.