What does Yea Forums think of Pinkerton in 2019? Is it really "incelcore" like the idiots at RYM think it is...

What does Yea Forums think of Pinkerton in 2019? Is it really "incelcore" like the idiots at RYM think it is? Why is it for incels?

Attached: 1553143552728.png (600x600, 542K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/weezer/pinkerton/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>First song is Tired of Sex
>Incelcore
Are you retarded?

It's shit, Rivers is a dweeb.

I always wonder what some fag listens to when they make comments like this

Blue isn't even incelcore

>RYM
RYM is worse than Yea Forums in terms of seeking validation and glaring insecurities being masked with a hollow facade of self importance.
Why does anyone think we should listen to what retards on that site say

If you're mad about people calling this incelcore you're probably an incel or just can't take jokes

IM SORRY FOR WHAT I DID
I DID WHAT MY BODY TOLD ME TO

back to r/music

that's really what you got out of it huh
no retard, it's about how fucking shit RYM is.
>you're probably an incel
I mean this in the most disrespectful way possible, never post here again

It is incelcore but is good incelcore
I don't know why the faggots of RYM used it as a bad term

Literally the line of s󠀀oy󠀀boys verbatim

[spoiler] yes [/spoiler]

It's not incel it's just cringe and creepy

i'm not expecting something from the 90s to be progressive regarding women and sexuality but it's still uncomfortable and gross

Every sexually frustrated guy is an incel according to entry-level sociology students

Fantanodrones call this creepy but like music of black man yelling about how we should kill all white people and cops

I hate double standards, its so fucking annoying nowadays. That is so true. No one EVER would call a hip hop album incel or misogynist or anything like that, despite many many many examples. Fucking gay

racist, sexless idiots, go fuck each other.

Pinkerton is still a good album.

why is it racist right away? Its an obvious observation that really happens irl

Because it's inherently racist? I'm not going to explain why you need to be smarter.

why arent blacks or other races ever incels then? You're not racist for only calling whites incels then? Hypocrite.

Attached: 1553185439223.jpg (1200x627, 146K)

Now you're having your own conversation. I didn't call anyone anything. You said misogynistic, maybe look up that term before having a different argument, cracker.

blacks and other races are misogynist. Sorry. Muslims are the worst in that regard honestly

I really hope you aren't serious

SHIGGY

You need to really step back and take a look at yourself. People are people, fuckstick.

>people are people
good job contradicting yourself and proving my point dumb fuck. Stop demonizing whites because you hate yourself

Hm. Ever take a history lesson?

(You)

Attached: 1532934473995.jpg (750x720, 121K)

It's incelcore but that doesn't mean it's bad, saying something is bad because it conveys a certain emotion or concept is a shitty criticism.

It'd be like calling gunfighter ballads inherently bad because some of the songs are about people getting shot and people who shoot people are bad.

peter is pretty dumb heh

its not incel core at all if Rivers fucking had sex

'butterfly' is beautiful as hell

one of the best albums of the 90s
who the fuck cares if it's 'incelcore' or not

It's incelcore because it features strong themes of being frustrated, dissatisfied and unwanted, things that resonate with incels not because it's literally about being an incel.

it's definitely incelcore, way before the term was coined. it has been a key text for thousands upon thousands of sexually frustrated and lonely young men ever since it was released, and especially since it gained traction in the '00s

many other artists have written naked/revealing lyrics but somehow rivers cuomo's pinkerton songs cut right to the core, and you can't look away. across the sea never loses its car crash charms

whats some other good incelcore? hospice?

It's bad

well you guys have a point. I love it for that really, will admit. Im no incel but I love when artists dig deep and put down their demons and embarrassing shit, as long as the music is good. And Pinkerton is fucking fantastic

you like shit

PETER unintentionally dropping redpills lmao

where do these retards on RYM come from? Tumblr? 9gag? Reddit? Guess the worst places on the net

early elvis costello and jonathan richman/modern lovers

>9gag? Reddit? Guess the worst places on the net
I personally know a few that mainly operate on twitter

Sloan. twice removed

It's a conflicting mix of things that gets more interesting the more you know what's in there. Rivers has a rock album that is stuffed with self-loathing, conflicting points of view and, oddly enough, opera references. If you doread the Pinkerton diaries, it's easy to see what was going on; he was clearly descending into very mentally dark places, because being popular didn't bring him happiness, and he was a dork, but one who had achieved popularity and some power. That's the disconnect of Pinkerton: a tremendously unhappy man trying to sort out his own life. The album is full of semi-intentional errors; probably the biggest one is in Across the Sea where the double tracking is actually off a bit, causing desyncs. There's a reason why he represent himself by way of Don Giovanni and Pinkerton (from Don Giovanni and Madama Butterfly) in the map that comes with the album (where he also refers to himself as a pig and a dog). Butterfly is just a retelling of Madama Butterfly by Rivers, there's copies of the lyrics of Madama Butterfly in the original Italian on the fold-in. You could spend years just trying to find out what Rivers tucked in here.

It'sclear this is an emotional catharsis and mental sort out. Which is why it's personally fascinating, this album is a visit to the psychologist. It's not pretty, quite weird and repulsive at times, but real and believable. Compared to Blue, which holds an innocent, idealized view of women that is pretty false, Pinkerton is more realistic in its view of people as a whole. What breaks him is the letter that appears about halfway through the album and realizes that he has been waiting for the ideal woman to come to him, who was in their eyes an ideal man, and feels flat when none of them match his own idealizations. If you look at his personal life post-Pinkerton, he pretty much retreated into silence: you don't really hear anything about his personal life ever since Pinkerton. But that's good. He seems to have met his goals.

Attached: rivers.jpg (800x1218, 160K)

the weirdest thing is that the entire userbase seemed to turn into trannies overnight

they gotta insert that annoying gay SJW politics in every single thing. Wish they would just fuck off and go to Beyonce page or some shit

Its pretty good but I don't still listen to it

great post

i'm so glad this album came out in an era when artists weren't forced to explain every little lyric tidbit or thematic function

its kind of disturbing how dumb retards on RYM or other reviews have to nitpick every little thing and judge every little detail about the lyrics of the album like its a fucking movie with characters. Why can't these idiots just shut the fuck up and review the actual music

Why do people judge others so much? Yeah some people are assholes but I think everyone is an asshole in some way. These people are just hypocrites and self-righteous pretentious douchebags.

Referring it as "incelcore" is a bit misleading as that term has a widely connotation these days. Nevertheless, it's the epitome of sexual/romantic frustration of 90's rock with some elements of emo.

SO TIRRRRED

>Why can't these idiots just shut the fuck up and review the actual music
what, talking about the crunchy power chords and emoshunal vocals? maybe because that shit is useless and boring as fuck, you simpleton? there's no need for any of that in an era when sampling literally any music track ever recorded is a click or two away

besides, any worthwhile critique of art always has to place its subject in the larger arenas of politics, aesthetics, and culture as a whole. compare and contrast. otherwise what's the point

The Pinkerton Diaries are a fascinating read if you like figuring out how albums came to be. There's all sorts of weird shit in there - sadness and despair graphs, music composition homework, reports on his leg surgery, analysis of opera, his Harvard admission letter which is pretty much a manifesto of the reality of a media star, and all sorts of other things. I find the album to be essentially Rivers trying to bring the romantic elements of rock and of music as the expression of the self as far as they humanly could, to the extent that the entire thing brings light to the most literal levels of that idealization of self-expression - a therapy session full of dark stuff that would belong in a rubbish bin elsewhere. And that's why it's so unique and has captivated people for over 20 years: good luck finding an album that's as thorough in its ultimate depiction of one's personal life.

well when its all throwing buzzwords at music over a word or two you dislike, what IS the point? Cuz that is fucking gay

jfc I hate that Alex minassin guy or whatever even more in hindsight because ever since he did that shit "incel" has become the liberal/left equivalent of "cuck"

>sampling literally any music track ever recorded is a click or two away
also that is also retarded and stale as fuck and I bet you listen to shitty hip hop that takes 2 seconds to make and sounds like fucking garbage

So to me THAT is the useless and boring as fuck shit you piece of shit NPC.

wow are you ok?

Are YOU okay? Because you sound like you have some hatred towards white music that you can't explain.

gonna check it out

there's about a five-year span in rivers cuomo's life from the end of the world domination tour in 1995 to weezer's return in 2000 that is just endlessly fascinating and something i'll never get tired of reading about. which is odd, because he's profoundly uninteresting outside of that (as is most of his post-pinkerton music, to put it mildly)

There are some lyrics on the album that you might think are mean or sexist. I will feel genuinely bad if anyone feels hurt by my lyrics but I really wanted these songs to be an exploration of my "dark side" - all the parts of myself that I was either afraid or embarrassed to think about before. So there's some pretty nasty stuff on there. You may be more willing to forgive the lyrics if you see them as passing low points in a larger story. And this album really is a story: the story of the last 2 years of my life. And as you're probably well aware, these have been two very weird years.

Rivers Cuomo's letter to the Weezer fan club (July 10, 1996)

>you sound like you have some hatred towards white music
lmao what the fuck are you talking about

>"crunchy power chords and emoshunal vocals"
>bad
>orange man
>bad
>shitty samples that a 10 year old can do
>good because everyone is doing it and you're an NPC

Attached: 1542306678806.png (621x702, 56K)

t. big cuck

Is tyrone is prepping the bull?

i'm literally not following your lead here champ
>orange man
no one brought him up?????
>shitty samples
who the fuck is talking about samples, what going on here

You're so fucking stupid. Stop trying.

>obsessed with black people

hows the racial rally going Gertrude?

This room temperature IQ retard thinks you meant 'sampling' as in recycling sounds and not as in trying things out.

You must be wicked fun at get-togethers.

Weezer is terrible and has no good songs, Rivers is basically a huge fucking dork faggot who was making hair metal into the 90s and switched up because Nirvana got famous, total loser

based /pol/ schizo fucking up yet another thread with his racial cuckold fantasies

said nothing about black people, that was you, projector.

closet incel thinking hes cool using buzzwords and being a SJW retard

Sorry being "progressive" wont get you laid

what music do you actually like?

Not a huge weezer fan, like some songs.. you are right that he had that hair metal hair and a band like that pre-Blue

Holy KEK this thread is golden.

It's about a white rockstar who fucks a fuckton of white girls to the point of boredom and alienation, until an Asian fangirl writes him a sweetly innocent letter and he falls in love, and somewhere along the way a lesbian enters the picture, but then settles down with a half-Japanese Westernized gook princess at Harvard.

Not very incel.

I like lil tracy and the beach boys

Pinkerton, from a musical standpoint, is boring as fuck and offers nothing of interest to the ear.

nice, Beach boys are amazing

I like how some weezer songs have BB's influences

anything to do with white men having some insecurities or some very candid feelings about sex is "incel" to fucking morons here

Women, or any other race can be as embarrassing as they want without any mocking buzzwords like "incel" thrown at them.

>Is it really "incelcore" like the idiots at RYM think it is?
maybe like 10 people tops have said this over the course of the past calendar year and twice as many people have called them stupid for it, relax

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/weezer/pinkerton/

Comment box on here is ridiculous, as well as the 3rd review down

I know you are right, these people are dumb, but God I never seen people so dumb in my life saying this shit. I hate feminists

honestly man there are literally more faggots itt playing devil's advocate than there are people on rym claiming this is incelcore

the short version is: being sexually/emotionally frustrated is not a bad thing and is not synonymous with being an incel. just understand and remind yourself of this, and you'll hopefully stop getting so worked up over retards misusing the word "incel", on both rym and this hellhole thread you've made
good luck

Attached: 12yearsofsuffering.png (364x300, 66K)

well yea this thread is filled with idiots too

Im just so tired of this retarded incel word. I hate retarded faggots that have to judge others yet act like they are the most infallible humans on earth virtue signaling out their ass about SJW nonsense

KEK

ok snookums just dont go shooting up any schools now ya hear

NICE MEME FAG

wheatus or weezer

Best song anyone?

Tired Of Sex - Butterfly - El Scorcho

those are my favorites i think. Across the Sea too

Nice pasta

Yea Forums - r/music
the sad truth

and this post is why pinkerton is incelcore

Kill yourself.

Nice

It’s like musical oversharing in a bad way. If there’s any musician I don’t wanna hear sing about sex and/or not getting any it’s fucking Rivers Cuomo.
Some of it screams incel but other songs like Tired of Sex don’t. It’s an okay album though.

>closet incel thinking hes cool using buzzwords
>continues to use buzzwords
You're a special breed of retard

you love being progressive don't you faggot

>Gay
>Le Women
>Psychology Major
Which one are you?

friendly advice: stop using words you have no clear grasp of

Just have sex

you suck progressive cock don't you

The media created the meaningless label "incel" to attach to anyone that doesn't conform to their Globalist narrative. Literally anyone. They do this so they can lump everyone they don't like into one easy to target group. Natsocs, libertarians, conservatives of all types. The media will call you "incel nazi" because their definition of "incel" includes literally everyone who isn't a Globalist.

No it means you're a virgin who blames women for your virginity
No more no less it doesn't mean rightwing or sad man or whatever
Christ

Don't lie.

good album

im sorry im sorry!!

what a fucking ending

Not even a top five Weezer album.

is there anywhere i can read about this?

SO TIRED

>goes to university to get a degree after blue album
>fucks tons of THOTS in the process
>grows to hate the attention
>developes yellow fever
>one of his legs is longer than the other so has it broken and set so when it heals it is the same length
>is in a cast for over a year
>hijinks ensue

that's the pinkerton story. i wanted the post pinkerton story where he dresses up as a girl and paints the walls

i don't know of a one stop shop for cuomo's biographical details, it's all stuff that trickled out from messageboards, interviews, fansites and wikis and i first read over a decade ago

there is a book about weezer (rivers' edge) but i never read it, and its reception has always been mixed-to-bad from what i've seen. i bet the facts all there though

Say what you will, butterfly is the best Weezer song.