The College Dropout

I don't understand why people rate this album above 6/10. Even Scaruffi wrote a good review of it and rate it above 6/10

There are great songs in it, but also a lot of bad fillers like Get Em High, The New Workout Plan and Breathe in Breathe Out....

Also, the skits aren't funny and some are very cringeworthy, especially the one about the guy who say that when he will die, his "degrees" will keep him warm. That's one of the cringiest skit I ever heard.

Attached: GUEST_92512cc2-a034-4759-bee6-8b52e2a0adea.jpg (488x488, 56K)

>cronge

And this is why LR is his true masterpiece, and a 10/10

>cronge

Will check it.

There definitely are a lot of bad fillers but Get Em High and The New Workout Plan are not them

You need to understand the context of when the album came out. Old school was dying and this album breathed new air into rap. The start of new school. Sure some of the songs didn't age well, but damn was it fresh when it came out.

This dude did not listen to the album if he thinks get em high and workout plan are filler

>workout plan
>filler
nigger what?

Not him but even J Cole said that it was the worst song on TCD.

>even J. Cole
I literally could not think of someone whose opinion on music I care about less

I'm with you 100%

I think the reason it's so acclaimed is because it's Kanye's debut and the singles from that record are some of the best in his entire career. Everything you said is accurate tho

Nothing Kanye does is more than 6/10. He's really really good at what he does, but what he does sucks

>Bad fillers like Get Em High, The New Workout Plan and Breathe in Breathe Out...
>Le toilet humor rapper is who you trust on this

Attached: tenor.gif (330x166, 2.24M)

based

All the tracks you said are fillers are all stand-outs imo. I guess you don't like the 2000-2006 hiphop sound.

Dude jcole fucking sampled new work out plan in his song work out, that makes no sense

He sampled the outro of "new work out plan", but it doesn't mean he like the whole song. He said it was the worst song off TCD.
>One night I was in this hotel room after a show and I was listening to The College Dropout, as I do. And on the worst song on that album, which is my favorite album, so I'm not dissing. But on the worse song on that album, "The New Workout Plan," I heard the shit that I had been hearing for like—eight years now. I heard it different as a producer like oh shit... made a rough version of the beat right there in the hotel room. By the time I got back to Europe a few days later I had "Work Out"

I don't think the skits are meant to be funny, but rather it serves as a commentary on how misguided people are when it comes to college. They're still apt today when dumb boomer parents make their kids go to college despite them not knowing what they want to do with their lives and waste thousands of dollars.

>The New Workout Plan
One of the best tracks on the album
>Also, the skits aren't funny and some are very cringeworthy, especially the one about the guy who say that when he will die, his "degrees" will keep him warm
I think the skits are hilarious and very true, especially today with the huge increases we’ve seen in university tuition over the past 20 years and the amount of graduates that leave school with an insane amount of student debt. He’s making fun of people that get useless degrees to start with as well as people that just keep going back to school to get degrees that are gonna make them little to no return on investment (phds in teaching, social work, gender studies, etc). Kids are pretty much forced to think “oh no I HAVE to go to college after high school” even if they don’t have the money when trade school would cost less and take less time to complete and you start making a decent salary straight out of it

I just don't understand why it's considered the worst on the album, is it too cheesy? Because that's the point of the song. I wouldn't say it's the best on the album but I put it above get em high

I don't understand why people rate any Kanye album after Late Registration above a 6/10