>makes deathconsciousness over the course of 5 years
>one of the most depressing and misanthropic albums in a long time
>no moment of happiness
>album ends with the line "we wish we were dead"
>one song is called "i don't love"

>actually enjoys life
>comes across as a friendly and loving person
>is married and makes music with his wife

is deathconsciousness the most emotionally dishonest album ever made?

Attached: dan barrett.jpg (900x900, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/enemieslist/status/526785047542890496?lang=de
married.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Deathcosciousness is just emo crap for zoomers.

Is he supposed to be miserable for the rest of his life just because he wrote a real good sad boy album during a horrible part of his life?

>actually enjoys life
>comes across as a friendly and loving person
>is married and makes music with his wife

We have no way of knowing all of this for sure.
Plus, depression like all mental illnesses doesn't have to manifest itself 24/7 365 during your whole life. Some people crawl out of that cave, some halfway, some never do. I'm paraphrasing here but someone said: ''Depression is like a war, you either win or you die fighting''.

Nope, A crow looked at me is. Dan was in a deep depression during the recording of deathconsciousness and even a few years later when making Giles Corey but eventually got out of it but Phil Elverum remarried soon after he made an entire album about his dead wife.

yes

>people aren't allowed to get through depression
I don't like Deathconsciousness but I wouldn't call it dishonest

you are a fucking idiot

Just because you're still sad doesn't mean everyone else is too. Work on yourself, friend.

twitter.com/enemieslist/status/526785047542890496?lang=de
married.bandcamp.com/

>soon
no.

Literal retard. Listen again

til death do us part faggot.

>lol my dad died and now i have le depression
for 5 years? you mkust be joking how can you be depressed for 5 fucking years for such a minor incident considering it's the natural course of life

this

Phil capitalized her wife's death while eating good pussy. I don't give a fuck but most importantly HE FUCKING LEFT PNW HAHAHAHAHAHA
LEFT PNW for Brooklyn

making an album of indie music is not capitalizing

earning shekels from dead cancer patient advertisement is capitalism

no.

maybe :)

haha nice :D

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RELEASE ME

Attached: haveanicelife.png (630x480, 328K)

Yes. Just look at the Phil Elevrum saga

Yeah, we all know how well acoustic concept albums about cancer sell based on real life event sell. I just remember all the hits about that exact thing

Attached: 271B5577-51E9-4621-B1D2-4353258A4804.jpg (499x481, 28K)

fuck i will never be able to listen to the big gloom and not think of this picture.
whats even going on here?

creating a shitstrom with whole fund.me stuff
it was everywhere in music world
then his wife died, also big news
and then at same time releasing the fucking album and getting all the sympathy votes while banging a Hollywood chick on the side
its not like you meet with other person and get married after next day. even arranged marriages don't work like that. im sure he stated dating her immediately after his wife death or may be even when she was alive. he is a good merchant and he knows how to advertise his shit.

in short fuck this sub-human manipulator shitbag.

you're an asshole
his daughter needs a mom

This.
Phil is more dishonest
>buaaa my wife died
>but behind the scene he was having violent sex with young tigh pussy

Attached: 1532635723_071786_1532636235_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg (1960x1288, 91K)

>young tigh pussy
come on she was definetly having the sex before with old movie execs that made her pussy go all over the place

He is in a better place mentally, he wasn't at the time

he made the doomer to bloomer transition

top kek

>:(

Deathconsiousness is the GOAT just for tricking all these ""doomers"". Dan is just a professional larper how is this not universally known?

He married a woman older than his wife was.

Ew post

Not based

The most emotionally dishonest album ever written is All Bitches Die by Lingua Ignota.

She gets other dudes to “rape” her so she can make “music” about it.

im sry but ur brain boom

how was the hanl show faggot?

HOLY SHIT, I hadn't realized this guy is Giles Corey

but what if the new HANL album sounds just as depressing and dark? then he does it either because it's easier for him or just to please the fans

Yeah, genuinely depressed people are just another demographic like edge thots, goths, punks, whatever. And they can all be pandered to. It's just business, don't take it personally.

fuck off tripfag

What is Dan's history? When I was looking at lyrics on genius, someone said Telephony was even more tragic when you know his history and I've no f'in clue.

What about during Unnatural World? That isn't exactly a happy album either.

>implying you know Dan
his dad dying is what sparked and influenced Deathconsciousness in particular but his depression was likely sourced from a lot of other stuff that's personal to him that he would probably not care to say on the internet.
you can make "dark" sounding records without being depressed, it might be disingenuous if he was constantly talking about being depressed while having a happy life, but since none of us even know Dan personally we're in no position to say that especially over some fucking photo he uses to promote himself in his actual job. I would even argue that if it was disingenuous it wouldn't even matter if it sounded good. also, some of the stuff he puts on newer records like LP2 and 3 are old HANL demo's, not entirely new songs.

>not even a tripfag
are you retarded?
thanks this was an actually good answer. i think i might get it now

cringe