Sup yall

Sup yall

What's up with all these doomer playlist bullshit ive seen on my recommended feed lately?

>youtube.com/watch?v=TNVqOmJc-YY
>youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYZwibNlKM
>youtube.com/watch?v=3dHSbGp0Q48
>youtube.com/watch?v=33U-j0vg-k

Are any of these actually good / patrish?
I dont like the surfeit of The Smiths, other than that I find these playlists pretty good.

What do you all think?

Attached: doomer1.jpg (1200x1200, 237K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=33U-j0vg-k0
youtube.com/watch?v=6mWF1kmCo3U
youtu.be/tDPZ0znxMUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no they're shit. i can't believe people are blind to how cringe identifying with the doomer memes is. they have to be underaged

why is this even a new name? burnout losers have always been a thing.

shit copied the last link wrong fml
>youtube.com/watch?v=33U-j0vg-k0

yeah identifying with the meme is cringe, im thinking more music to have in the background

Attached: david bowie food pyramid.png (402x326, 75K)

Tim heidecker - i am a cuck

it's nihilistic kids revelling in their own sadness, romanticising it and making it their whole "aesthetic"
it's the equivalent of moulding your personality around the average "tfw no gf" thread

teens have been doing this for decades

people slightly older than them have been cringing at them for decades

it will continue to happen for many more decades

why bother making a fuss out of it

It ain't kids nor is it burnout losers

It's more like the feeling of being past college age and falling behind all of your peers despite still having active ambition, you just don't know how to deal with it so you cope through vices

its the equivalent of those shit lofi hip hop streams but for doomer fags

Normies appropriating my culture

we know what it is. it's still cringe as fuck

this

Fuck off, it's reassuring to know there's other anons in the same position as me

Go be a normie faggot somewhere else

you're right, but instead of it being confined to their bedrooms alone it's now an online movement where they continually encourage these feelings in each other and let them fester.
I unironically love the apposing Bloomer meme because in this age of ridiculous meme influence its probably the only working counteraction for these kids.

also this

Why are """doomer""" playlists that are supposed to show feelings of hopelessness, nihilism and depression always twinkly indie pop shit?? Do the people who make these playlists even know what the crushing weight of true depression feels like? I can tell you it certainly doesn't sound like the Smiths. True doomer music is shit like pic related. or a lot of drone/dark ambient as well, stuff that just imitates the gravity of reality you feel when you actually have depression, that feeling where it's like you are watching a black and white movie through your eyes and it's just barely entertaining enough for you to keep watching, but you keep questioning yourself why you never just leave the theatre.

I'm thankful I'm not in that place any more but when I was it was albums like pic related that really sounded relatable to me and not the fucking Smiths jfc

Attached: R-251684-1342672755-5277.jpeg.jpg (600x596, 91K)

needing reassurance that there are other people like you is retarded mate
>oh man there are other burnout losers like me! that makes me feel better
wallowing in your misery is worthy of scorn and ridicule
because they're more concerned with the 'image' of being hopeless/nihilistic/depressed. films/television shows have romanticized it to the point that they've convinced idiots that they're unironically relating to these characters

have sex

Fuck off npc

wannabe doomer

You are just as much if not more of a meme. Mister "you dont know true darkness like i do"
I used to be like you, but now i understand its just stupid to make a competition out of who feels worse.
Besides, when ur actually that deeply depressed you cant even listen to music in the first place. And tonnes of people feel like that, not just you

Listening to playlists on YouTube makes you a normie.

I didn't mean to make into some competition. I was just pointing out that for music that is supposed to be relatable to those going through depression, it's doing a shockingly bad job with all the jangly indie pop and shit.

>when ur actually that deeply depressed you cant even listen to music in the first place
Nah, not for me at least, even when I was suicidal I listened to music regularly

>And tonnes of people feel like that, not just you
Literally where did I say that? Are you even literate? Can you comprehend what I wrote? All I said was that for music that is supposed to represent depression it's doing a shockingly bad job, that was literally the one and only point of my post. nice strawman attempt but it's not going to work.

you're not really depressed until you have no desire to listen to music

Anyone else genuinely upset at how much they relate to this meme? Ive had relationships but theyve all gone bad, none of my hobbies are interesting anymore, ive committed social suicide and cut myself of from my family... It doesnt even feel bad, it just doesnt feel.

Attached: rip stan lee.jpg (750x1060, 144K)

I fucking hate this feel. There's so much music I want to listen to, but don't because it'd make me feel shitty. Then when I'm feeling depressed I literally don't want to listen to any music as it is all too noisy. I don't remember the last time I listened to HANL.

>have sex

You silly child

literally the male "not like OTHER girls"

I mean, that's all well and good, but if you're gonna make a meme out of depression, maybe don't just use milquetoast 80s indie pop
worst meme in recent years

You relate to it like people relate to a horoscope. it's general enough that anyone can relate to it.

It sucks being completely alone, but think of it like a human being's neutral state. It usually comes at the end of life, not the middle, but assuming you're young you have to to build another social network.
If your family's still alive, it's not too late to throw the ball and their court and reconcile.

I went so far into doomerhood I transcended it and became the loomer. After about 10 years in a deep depression without much human contact, I'm now genuinely happy just to walk the earth. I'm extremely grateful for making throught it, but I fear some permanent damage has been made up there. My life expectancy has probably been cut by several years too.

youtube.com/watch?v=6mWF1kmCo3U

i fucking hate this meme now
because it has been hijacked by youtube e-celebs, /pol/tards and shithead plebs

>surfeit
don't say this. no one cares about your massive vocabulary

>muh depression

Attached: da5.jpg (636x668, 57K)

HANL is sublime while in the deepest depression because it's so loud and messy it shuts out your personal thoughts. Best mixed with a bit of weed and alcohol at an absurd volume, way too late into the evening. It's music that has any hope left in it that become unlistenable, like anco and what not.

literally just found that first playlist minutes ago myself my friend

>not realizing that not fetishizing your own fuck ups and feelings of sadness doesnt make you a normie
you really fell for the meme, didnt you?

>nu males romantizicing depression
who could have guessed
Thanks morrissey and modern rock. This is why hip hop is 100% better than these faggots.

Yeah but I just laugh it off, don't think too much about it, and then keep scrolling until I see it again and repeat the process all day and all night.

It hits people differently. To some people "depression" as music is some soicuck with an acoustic guitar singing about his cold brew coffee and cats, to others it's twinkly indie pop, to others it's soundcloud emo rap to others it's DSBM to others it's stuff like Streetcleaner.

Anyone have the 24 year old go-getter image?

based

bloomer is better

I wish stan was big purple cocked by thanos

google knows you're depressed.

Yall need to lighten up. It's just a fun meme stop taking it so seriously jesus

Guessing that for at least half of them it's not that intentional. It's part of being poorer than usual and young and not having executive function skills.

You're not helping anyone. Melancholy does have a certain seductive and addictive quality, pair that with a problematic ego driving you to isolation and self-destruction, and it's not a pretty picture. Not exactly depression, but still not pretty. We're not all taught not to go down that path (in fact it's often romanticized, so I understand your grievances); even if someone tells you it's a waste of time or cringy, it's not nearly enough to pull anyone out of it. Worst of all, growing up and dissociating from this "doomer" personality in a non-healthy way, one could very well end up in real depressive territory, shutting down for good one's already numb feelings and instinct to reach out for help without adressing the real issues at hand.

God, this thread shows why Yea Forums is so autistic
>Everyone talks shit about wojack meme saying it's uncreative and garbage
>Meme gets popular on jewtube
>Muh its our meme le normies get out >:-(

Only good post in this thread.
I'm kinda worry about normies wanting to identify as a Doomer to act cool and start smoking/drinking, people are retarded and will do anything to get attention, that's the only real problem here, other than that the playlists are pretty good overall.

Doomers are doing it wrong, you can love your life, if you just try.

Attached: bloomer.jpg (1024x1024, 160K)

Identifying with wojacks and the shallow personality traits associated with them in general is fucking pathetic

Attached: cat_face_glasses_thick_65455_1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 835K)

in other words it's cancer

There's definitely been a big..no HUGE rise in fetishizing depression these past few years, especially since about every artist is trying out this dark, depressing image shift. Everybody wants to be depressed because apparently it's cool for some reason. The amount of suicide jokes and references to self harm is just crazy at this point. And I know they get clowned a lot but XXX and Peep have a really big audience comprised of teens, which is the most impressionable audience anyone could have. Emotional connection between artists and teenagers is something they hold very close, and there's no doubt that it affects them negatively, making them think that being depressed is cooler now.

And there's a myriad of other terrible examples of this doomer culture, shit like r/2meirl4meirl, ''depressing'' instagram pages, that godawful tv show that I won't even mention...It's sad but that's what we've come to, depression is the new cool.

fuck i mentioned the word depressed too many times, sorry

>I'ts

yeah, I'd punch these fake depression suffering artist shtick cunts in the gob given a chance

I'm more of a bloomer but when life brings me down I listen to the same three or so things and get back in my normal mood.
Mad Season - Above
AIC - Down In A Hole/or Dead Man OST
then music from my own home country to make me remember the shithole I ran from and to not give up in the "free world"
Hang in there, brothers.

Attached: 1550257369732.jpg (643x1000, 93K)

yeah i was thinking the same first it was a joke alike condition (even if not that much) but people then took it way too seriously and made it a state of beig and made it relatable for normies too

mfw you are trying to gatekeep depressing music and you didn't even post a link to crowbar

youtu.be/tDPZ0znxMUU

Attached: Macaulay-Culkin-as-Kevin-McCallister-600x338.jpg (600x338, 23K)

>depression is the new cool

This comes every cycle. People realize that the world is shit. Culture splinters off into the miserable shills who pretend that they aren't miserable because hur dur muh maturity and then there's the group of people who embrace the gloom.

4 or 5 years from now someone or something will inspire hope upon the masses. Bloomers will be hip again.

Attached: vapor1553141627008.png (1080x1920, 742K)

as i mentioned here I'm not blaming these kids for having these feelings, I blame the new online environment that fosters this group melancholy and has them revel in it instead of helping them move past it. My original "tfw no gf" comment wasn't actually a snide comment, it was a direct comparison to those sort of threads (and arguably Yea Forums as a whole) where posters partake in group self-pity instead of trying to grow.

Why does this board sperg out so much when it comes to the doomer meme? As someone who’s dealt with depression since early childhood I find these relatable and weirdly therapeutic. I’m guessing most of these people are uncomfortable with how much of it applies to them.

Gay lmoa

This. 2 most likely outcomes of this are 1) sad doomers feel less alone or 2) cool doomers stop being doomers in order to distance themselves from the meme, either for the sake of staying cool or because they'd never clearly seen their doomerism as doomerism and now they do. UBI is already working.

You get emotional over Yea Forums memes please have sex

>You feel less alone when looking at an image designed to make you feel less alone

Either learn how emotions work or hang yourself

Self loathing is fucking pathetic

STOP STEALING Yea Forums MEMES
Faggot
a
g
g
o
t

Still an emotion that most people will experience at some point in their lives. Once you’ve graduated high school and lived life a little bit, you’ll see what I mean.

Problem is that most of these people posting the doomer memes (outside of Yea Forums) aren't at a dead end or have ever been afflicted with depression, but are doing so because it's trendy.

>This comes every cycle. People realize that the world is shit.
nah it's just you.

They thrive on the present crisis and misery of the masses. They're doubly responsible here.

Attached: comrades.jpg (3501x1825, 744K)

Even so, as long as it helps out those who need it, what’s the issue?

>normie
you start, normalfag

>helps out those who need it
helps to prolong their misery

>dude you're just underage for calling out my underage behavior

Memes help you? Lol I'm laughing so hard at you fuckin dweeb

you can't go anywhere in life without a bit of self loathing

alternatively too much of it and you start going backwards

isn't recognizing yourself in a stereotype the opposite of that though

I’ll pray for you

Not really. They make me feel better.

You described an emotion felt by literally everyone except sociopaths as “fucking pathetic”. Either you’re underage or you’re going through an edge-lord phase that has far overstayed its welcome.

>tfw "doomer" music is literally just radio hits