Are we like 12 guys in here right now? board seems slow and dead. is the lurker population super big...

are we like 12 guys in here right now? board seems slow and dead. is the lurker population super big? or is it like 50 people constantly and a ratio of 80% lurkers 20% posters?

Attached: 78a769802d.png (805x437, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comfycozy1.bandcamp.com/releases
clyp.it/0o4vly05
youtube.com/watch?v=cneMyE_OxeU
youtu.be/1g1drZ1j-C0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I used to frequent the board like a year ago but since then it seems to have died completely
I'm just visiting again but what the hell happened? where'd everyone go?

there are still threads being made every minute

poptimism killed this board
thinking about back in the day following everyones tumblr music share blogs and chatting on last.fm

by the same 30~ autists

This board was actually more popular even back in 2011 when Yea Forums had way less users
I think most people here just moved to reddit and all the traffic is going to /pol/ and Yea Forums

Everyone here likes shitty pop and theres an shitexxpectations thread with 84 replies. God the music is shit. Why cant y'all be cool and listen to a flock of seagulls, the cure, depeche mode, rancid, social distortion, suicidal tendencies, even marilyn manson would be an improvement but no all the new music is shitty pop and or shitty mumble rap, how the fuck is that even considered rap too?

I've been lurking this board for 9 years and 90% of these threads are not worth replying to

Somewhere with decent disucssion of decent music I would assume.

A TON of people left this board in 2017 due to the basedboy meme. Looks like they're not coming back.

nigga this looks like a lesbian Arnold from magic school bus

also this is pretty spot on

I make a good 35% of the threads on Yea Forums. I make all the Clairo threads. I make all the Snail Mail threads. I make all the Charli threads. I make all the cartoon girl threads. I make all the kpop threads. I make one race bait thread a day. I keep this place running

looks like we have found the tumor

are there any good general music subreddits or is all the good discussion just in specific subs?
one of the things i like about Yea Forums is that i can access a lot of discussions about genres i don't generally listen to easily
i to interesting music, i just don't like putting in the effort in chart threads
i'm listening to ornette coleman's "dancing in your head" right now, what are you listening to?
god bless you user

Yea Forums is now blocked in australia and new zealand

oh
you're the reason I stopped coming here

It was the basedboy meme and the fact that /pol/ has hijacked most of Yea Forums, obviously people into music tend to be very liberal

enjoy the (you)s lel

Was listening to danzig misfits and some graves misfits, and then some omd, and some TSOL.

Also punk afi, and zombina and the skeletones.

>are there any good general music subreddits or is all the good discussion just in specific subs?
man i would love to find a more engaging/communal site with a similar scope of music to rym

gonna be honest listened to my first misfits track ever now, really didn't like it. do you like the full of hell merz split at all?

Everyone just fucking say what album they just recently bought/downloaded and enjoyed.
Gimme a rec.

didnt really format this right.
i like rym for its scope, but its severely lacking in terms of true discussion as a group

joe jackson- night and day

i've noticed how slow this board has become especially late at night (it used to be equally as fast). i blame the aggressive left-leaning style moderation. it really warded off trolls and shitposting which is an essential part to keeping this board alive as much. as you faggots might want to disagree with this, it's true.

there aren't even any memorable tripfags that are villainized for their annoyance and made e-celebs anymore. which was also another part of Yea Forumsculture

hell even waifu-posters are looking like they've lost steam

this is all so depressing

i want Yea Forums to be shit again

>off trolls and shitposting which is an essential part to keeping this board alive as much.
this nigga gets it. finally a true oldfag here

Ehh I like hybrid moments, theme for a jackal, last caress, static age. Favorite tsol song is code blue.

find friends that are interested in music
do college radio if you're a student
go to house shows
i think looking on the internet for conversation should only be a last resort (inb4 why are you on here; i'm visiting family for spring break)
not that i wouldn't like better online stuff to i've just spent a lot of time looking in a lot of different fields and found very little
the only refuge is IRC, which is actually really good
i'm listening to 'merzzow' by 'merzbow'
it's a pretty solid noise album
lil ugly mane's oblivion access is my favorite hip hop album right now
and coltrane's giant steps is my favorite jazz track right now
if you like metal my favorite recording all-time is probably mastodon's leviathan or the merzbow and full of hell split
i totally agree
i think a good way to do music is to go on here, look at chart threads, and 4chanmusic on wikia, find a bunch of music to listen to, and then work through that list while reading the reviews on RYM
we still have a good bit of shitposting, though i take your other points

thanks for the reccs.
i listened to last caress, honestly a bit too rocky for me in terms of instrumentation and structure of a measure and vocal style
i also listened to code blue by tsol, which i liked better, but the stuff i liked in it i find better instances of in hardcore punk and powerviolence so i'm a bit meh on that too

What, people went away because of that? They felt offended?

I believe you. I make all synth threads, all ayuwoki threads, all threads shitting on contemporary classical, i do my part too ;))

sgt peepers lonely hertz corn bard by the booples feat billy spears

Listen to sex dwarf by soft cell, I mainly listen to music that is more dark. I like listening to Voltaire too, I guess if you liked code blue, you'll like dead girls by Voltaire. Anything voltaire is awesome

damn im forgetting that one tripfag i think his name was like 3 letters, he dropped out of college he lived in scandanavia or something
if im thinking of the right memory and its not collaged together incorrectly, he was hilarious, a true genius poster. knew exactly what to say to incite the people into flamewars and meaningful discussion
yeah i enjoy going to house shows but i recently lost my connection to that scene which sucks, he played in a band that was really great to see live, but we just kind of went separate ways and i wasnt a good enough friend to take action and let it slip away
check him out: comfycozy1.bandcamp.com/releases

based CLT i miss him

komeda - pop pa svenska

yeah, basedposting affected each board, but it hit Yea Forums especially hard because this board has a large population of effeminate hipster males who fit the archetype. so it hit too close to home for many of the people here

ya him
and biotroll

Godflesh - Streetcleaner

didn't like dead girls by voltaire, what i liked about code blue wasn't the vocals but the instrumentation
sex dwarf was pretty chill though
it sucks that you lost that
thank you for the rec.
the mastering really sucks on it but it sounds like it would be really great live especially at a house party
it reminds me of horse the band a bit in terms of the flailing-ness and the chiptune/electronic sounds in there
obvious john zorn connection, but the way it has more of a vocal presence and more of a sustained hardcore vibe to it makes me better disposed to it in certain respects

Lol amazing. So it was like the sites literal antibodies. As dead as is the board now i find it way better than 2 years ago, the amount of unironic s o i was unbearable

where are you getting this idea that there was a mass exodus because of s o iposting? that never happened. leftists tend to spend less time on here. they get their shitposting fix for a few years and move on because they have shit to do irl unless they're lgbt then they spend more time on here. user turnover has always been high on mu because of how young the average poster is

Yea Forums is very rightwing with a very high threshold for shitposting. look at their nostalgia threads, it's filled with hit from the 80s and 70s. there's a lot of unironic boomers (30 year olds) that post on there

fuck yeah that album kicks ass.

Swans - White Light from the Mouth of Infinity
I liked it a lot better than Soundtracks for the Blind. 9/10.

>leftists dont stay because they have lots to do irl!
user, LOL

>where are you getting this idea that there was a mass exodus because of s o iposting? that never happened.
well then it must've happened for some other reason. either way there was an exodus, because this board is nowhere nearly as active as it was in 2016.

I would post more but I’m constantly getting isp bans

choafag?

i didn't say a lot. leftists aren't as ostracized as rightwingers irl. they are also better at communicating with normies so they naturally have an easier time moving on with school/work which leads to them leaving Yea Forums earlier than right leaning posters
many popular boards experienced an uptick in traffic during 2016 because of the election

hell yeah I have this on CD as well as Soundtracks for the Blind.
There's something about White Light that really leaves a lasting impression. There's so many songs that hit really hard.
Jarboe really adds onto the whole product.
Failure is probably a personal favorite

i only post in threads that are worth posting in, im currently breaking that rule by posting this.

>we still have a good bit of shitposting
Yea Forums's shitposts are clean and inoffensive. it's basically just a pic of fantano was *fart* as a caption or something dumb. shitposting that offends no one adds zero fuel to the fire

there's a surprising amount of civility in this thread, stay a while

Magenta circuit was a true masterpiece

Attached: ff.png (757x119, 11K)

Based.

i only post in /classical/ now because its the only part of Yea Forums left that doesnt talk about Yea Forums essentials and buttpop

I'm a lurker sorry

while I'm here though rap is shit

Yea Forums seems way more dead than it did in 2009-2012. Most threads on this board seem to get only a few posts. I guess people find it hard to talk about music

Yea Forums was only popular when people could talk about musicians personal lives and drama like with Kanye. When nothing like that is really happening you see discussion dry up. Someone makes a thread about an album they like, there might be a few posts about people saying they like it too, then the thread dies.

OKAY LISTEN HERE FAGGOTS
WE SHALL MAKE Yea Forums GREAT AGAIN BY ENDORSING ORIGINAL CONTENT AND ENDING THE CULT OF Yea Forums MEMES (LIKE ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING DEATH GRIPS AND SHIT IT'S GETTING TOO POSTIRONIC) WE SHOULD ENDORSE BROADENING THE HORIZONT AND HAVING MEANINGFUL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT MUSIC

Yea Forums has been so slow lately I come less and less too
I'm convinced it all went downhill after xxxtentacion died because it brought a fuckton of kids to the board. Suddenly multiple twitter screenshots were up at all times and the boomer meme exploded. I don't mind them actually I just don't get why the younger crowd has pushed so many oldfags out. I mean yea It's annoying when you post some classic artist and you get a who? but no reason to just leave :(

Attached: 1553146876569.gif (200x135, 453K)

Mac Miller - Swimming & Off! - Wasted Years, bought last month.
Makes sense. I rarely post in threads because i can't add any new perspective to good threads and there is no point replying to shitposts.

Attached: JNAmll4.jpg (640x424, 103K)

Im only here for bleep

I made a fun thread about an hour ago... no bites.

I used to spend so much time here lol
Even with the devin dude?

>I used to spend so much time here lol
how did you stop

I ignore his posts
he's schizo desu. Thought I was his gf or something

Palace Music - Viva Last Blues

If anything at least listen to New Partner. An absolutely amazing track.

im the prime pic related guy

Attached: gt8sp8t8z5n21.jpg (1080x1080, 102K)

>buying music

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

nah it's unblocked now

bought disintegration without having listened to it before and really enjoy it

Im here almost daily but most of the time, threads are dumb so i lurk most of the time.

and redpilled

there's nothing of substance to post about. half the threads are eceleb shit, half are meme baits
music discussion is mostly done in small infrequent bursts or in one of the "general" threads

There are literally 40k people posting here currently

the current popular music trends don't invite masses to think, so there are no reasons to discuss about music
welcome in the streaming era!
also, shit /pol/ memes everywhere are the best way to ruin a boad

I'm a lurker sometimes. Hi

I noticed that p4k doesn’t tend to give high ratings much anymore or BNM’s as much, so maybe that’s why. Not a ton of hype for anything

I lurk

jesus fuck he's right

Attached: hahayes.png (1094x1064, 823K)

*nightcall starts playing*

at least we're not Yea Forums

Attached: 1322128254.png (3840x2160, 750K)

i wish it were like Yea Forums on here desu

>at least we're not fun
fuck off

i only make really stupid posts

Our Love Will Destroy the World
By Birchville Cat Motel

I’d rather have a slower board with higher quality threads than a fast moving board with insane amounts of shitposting.
Just look at something like Yea Forums. Even though I think this board could be better, that board makes me appreciate this a lot more

I ROLL UP LIKE A BLUNT

I DONT LURK BITCH I HUNT

clyp.it/0o4vly05

The board has lost traffic because [spoiler]lack of good music releases lately[/spoiler]. Since 2015 things have been really...dead.

yeah but the slowness on Yea Forums has not fostered an environment for higher quality threads. there really hasn't been any nuanced discussion about music outside of /daily/ threads (which even then, isn't all that great)

*posts album*
>more like this?
>what does Yea Forums think of this
>aoty
>thoughts on this?
>this is overrated

this is the average thread on here. they're always met with middling replies too. higher traffic = increased probability of higher quality discussion. Yea Forums unironically has more quality film discussions amidst the shitshow of that board than Yea Forums

I used to post more often, but I barely got any replies. Now I'm too lazy.
Mostly lurk and occasionally reply in several threads.

half of all activity on Yea Forums is 1 thread, the KPOP GENERAL.

it's a pretty small board.

this

You think maybe in 2011 there was just more interesting stuff to talk about?

2013-2015 was peak Yea Forums. 2009-2012 was fun but there were so many plebs that unironically thought hospice, anco, and sufjan stevens were good kek

it ebbs and flows

Attached: 507184242_640.jpg (640x360, 19K)

I wish I was a girl so I could be gay for chloe

I actually would argue for the weak pop music scene lately being a factor. In 2011-14 for example you had the golden age of P4k indie chicks.

but they are good you imbecile

lol you must be underaged. i wont rob you of your innocence. go ahead and enjoy those shitty musicians while you can user, you have about a few years before truth settles in

I just usually can't be bothered to come here anymore. Most of the discussion is uninteresting to me as well.

so what do you think is good? when you refer to 2013-2015 as peak Yea Forums it must be death grips or some shit. hospice is a great album and pre mpp anco is really fun

>when you refer to 2013-2015 as peak Yea Forums it must be death grips or some shit.
no i was talking about board culture. it wasn't exclusively defined by it's adoration for certain garbage musicians. 09-12 Yea Forums had better trips though, i'll give you that

Because Yea Forums's opinion of music is shitty. All we get is Clairo and Snail Mail shills. So of course no one wants to be here.

but i asked you what kind of music you enjoy faggot and not some bullshit

Attached: Mugshot Tyler.jpg (592x740, 211K)

>actor worship
>endless unironic superhero movie discussion
>clinging onto dead memes for dear life
>fun
I'll admit around 2012-2013 Yea Forums was the place to be on Yea Forums but not anymore. They were hit the hardest by normies out of any board.

baneposting is still funnier than everything Yea Forums has ever put out

Attached: CatIA.png (430x763, 238K)

Fucking insufferable lol

Just go to Yea Forums

>but i asked you what kind of music you enjoy faggot and not some bullshit
youtube.com/watch?v=cneMyE_OxeU
you're the target of all of those threads. it's all ironic to trigger retards like yourself. nobody unironically enjoys superhero movies on Yea Forums. it's all people just enjoying the shitshow spectacle that is modern cinema culture. Yea Forums has the highest iq because they not only acknowledge the ludicrous spectacle, but they actively participate in it by taking both sides at the same time

Jerkcity >>> all ""board culture""

Now fuck outta here stinky pedo

Attached: 7304.gif (575x574, 228K)

Feeel like it has something to do with zoomer spring break

Bump. Have to samefag myself here cause my point stands. Yea Forums is just a couple of autistic fucks with bad musical taste.

> Yea Forums has the highest iq because they not only acknowledge the ludicrous spectacle, but they actively participate in it by taking both sides at the same time

>high iq bc able to comprehend low iq trite

Uhhhhhh ?????

Based

Very good post

Okay we get it man, you just come to Yea Forums for the pictures

Now fuck off back to ur pedo board

>youtube.com/watch?v=cneMyE_OxeU
this is actually pretty fucking bad so your opinion is not valid

Yea Forums will never be this good
for all my southside niggas that know me best
i think that me and polly bradfield might still have sex
(why?)
i made that bitch faaaaamous

Attached: 1523772747227.png (1673x814, 502K)

>youtube.com/watch?v=cneMyE_OxeU [Open]
Loooooooool this guy trying to seem so intelligent

Pathetic

this one right here mods

Attached: 1551517103172.jpg (440x498, 21K)

this board is dead to me.
it belongs to teenagers and their instagram threads now.
there is no saving it. it's over. it was over a long time ago.

Attached: 1424360990642.jpg (998x974, 109K)

Wow and OP wants more traffic to this board with faggots like you? Naw no thanks

you just don't get it

Attached: 1527997935758.jpg (330x189, 12K)

>2019
>pepe
>feelguy

Wew

Attached: 1553099585674.jpg (960x818, 151K)

Yeaa.. Try B for this kind of post

i cant believe you unironically think Yea Forums is supposed to be a place for music discussion

Epic lol

Didnt even know where the fucking hair came from

Yeah you're really stupid dont worry it's easy to tell

it aint hard to tell
i'm the new jarmujel

>open up Yea Forums with an idea for a thread
>start scrolling
>fantano threads
>"fuggin industry plants" threads
>*completely off topic bullshit* followed by "music for this feel" threads
>threads like this one
>realize yet again that this board has been completely taken over by tourists from other boards who have no interest in music
>accept that this board is dead and close Yea Forums

Lurking Yea Forums in 2019:
>enter here
>hide at least 5 threads right away
>see people falling for obvious baits
>see people discussing shit that doesn't matter
>see zoomers using the board as their social media
>see mods not doing their fucking job
>get frustrated
>leave
The board is quickly turning into a /r9k.2/.

Attached: 1552027808021.gif (192x197, 87K)

>mfw this is the best thread on Yea Forums in a long time

Attached: jeff magnum.jpg (691x690, 72K)

this isnt your blog faggot

>the brainless thread has half the posts
they dont even talk to each other, its like bots shitposting retarded shit non stop.

I lurk. Ive posted recs in a few threads the last few days, but I dont create posts.

I watched as the board that I loved bled out. I didn't help at all.

I miss creative threads, threads that made you stay a while. Taste evolution threads, chart threads, vocaroo threads, pretend album threads. The shelf life of a post now is probably 30 minutes on average, because they're all shit. But those creative threads used to max out, and get reposted throughout the day.

Now I'm not even sure that there's a market of people who want to put in the effort to post. Recent mu only cares about low effort bait and gatekeeping. Nothin but Trap and Buttrock. Sad.

Pic related is an album I've been enjoying, I would love recs!

Attached: ad8e9253.jpg (600x600, 58K)

poptimism is the enemy.

Eat more Tide pods pls

>Taste evolution threads, chart threads, vocaroo threads, pretend album threads
newfag here please tell me more

Attached: guardiola.jpg (800x450, 37K)

I'm wiling to argue that the later part of the 2010's were pretty weak for music. So this board has to keep posting Yea Forums essentials cause it's the only type of albums that can get a decent amount of replies these days. If I make a thread about something obscure like Love is Here by Starsailor or anything by The Midnight, no one is going to bother replying, so I'm better off making a thread about Slint cause it's guaranteed to get replies.

This. But unironically

its the antidote. the enemy is preteens that are trying to make this board a safes-space for music discussion. faggots like you need to be riled up

Doesn't Yea Forums love bitching about Billie Ellish and Ariana Grande?

K zoomer

And Clairo. And Grimes. And Lorde. And Snail Mail. And whichever waifu of the week some autists attach to.

At least we're not Yea Forums.

Attached: 1546062987616.jpg (836x543, 111K)

If you can find such a place with a halfway decent amount of users I would love to know where it's been all my life.
Bonus points if it's not intensely moderated. Easy test of this is whether you can say "nigger" and "faggot" freely.

>If I make a thread about something obscure like Love is Here by Starsailor or anything by The Midnight, no one is going to bother replying
that is because they suck, user

You can't say those words freely now thanks to Hiro's 4channel and the Discord transgendered. You think Yea Forums sucks now? Ho boy are we in for a ride.

thats the problem

he wants to unironically "discuss" hollywood/CIA psyops aka. "movies".

i love Yea Forums for what they did to that garbage show the simpsons and its followers.

Actually kill yourself today with your own hand do it now today now

Citation needed

So you think Yea Forums has good taste then? No wonder this board is dead.

If You're So Smart Why Aren't You Rich

Attached: 50754275_1831780290265183_75571538711019520_n.jpg (500x500, 28K)

Have you guys seen this music video

youtu.be/1g1drZ1j-C0

Guys, there are 66 posters in this thread right now.

You gotta realize, if we all stopped arguing over which era of Yea Forums was the best, we could make present Yea Forums tolerable.

I'm seeing a lot of you niggers say you miss some old romanticized Yea Forumstopia, but thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard. There have been bad threads and frequent shitposting in every era.

Hows about you guys take the aspects of your favorite era, and actually try to reintroduce them? Dont complain that the board isnt the same as it once was, actually start making new threads that you, as a poster, would want to see, and ignore the ones you don't.

Letting posters that you hate run the board while you lurk, whimpering that the site used to be better is max level retarded. This isnt a revolution, were not gonna burn down a building or execute some shitking of shitposting. Just dont fucking post in threads you dont want to see, and post in the ones you do. It is literally that simple.

Attached: bfUPuVq.jpg (480x480, 22K)

thank you for your service

>Taste evolution threads, chart threads, vocaroo threads, pretend album threads.
cringe. get a life and a personality.

To be honest, I only come onto Yea Forums so I can see if any of my favorite musicians released a new album. I come on everyday in vain hoping I’ll see a thread about the new release, but obviously it almost never happens... so basically I don’t what why I even come here, I guess it’s my only way to know what’s going on in the music world since I don’t have twitter or instagram or any normie shit like that

I’m a nigger with aids

There's about 20 000 posts here a day, including replies. The top KPOP general has about 5 replies a minute, and all KPOP generals all together have about 12 posts a minute. The lowest KPOP thread has 3 a minute, that's 6 times higher than the next lowest thread. Basically what I'm saying is a large portion of the board's populus is in KPOP threads.

Attached: mu.png (1254x964, 358K)

You'd think hiro would just give them a board at this point.

this board is shit

no i just said that those two particular bands you namedropped for some reason suck

eh guys i just wanted to post that qt, i didnt want you all to get all self aware and emotional, yeesh

set urself on fire, im too far away from you, do me that favor ;)

my post isn't of any lower quality than the original post in this garbage thread

you didnt post any qt to make your gay whinning more bearable.

>we could make present Yea Forums tolerable.
we can't just magically fix Yea Forums with good threads while it's being flooded with garbage.
mods can fix this by removing threads with garbage like kpop and fantano circle jerk

>that 14 year old trannie
>qt
faggot

The only thing needed to fix Yea Forums is to make the mods do their fucking job.

Attached: 1550874147865.jpg (1200x1496, 82K)

only good post itt
everyone go home

its a male (female), one of the cutest.

Nah i think this is a bait thread and you'll usually find theres actually more active posters than you think

If youre so damn cool, why doesnt anybody tell you that youre pretty cool

maybe Yea Forums is getting better again. I've been away for a while to but with the decrease in traffic maybe the board will regain it's old identity

yo das deep

that's what i'm hoping for too

I desperately want the frogposting redditors to leave. I don't have anywhere else to go discuss music in the same way I would be able to talk about it on Yea Forums. After 2016 this board seemed to take one of the biggest hits because music is the easiest thing for someone to think
>omg music is my life! I'm gonna start posting on le chon

Lurker-poster ratio is always really high

Attached: 1percentrule.svg.png (1280x1355, 60K)

Ask me for another one i got lots buddy

Here's one
"If youre so well known how come literally none of my friends have ever heard of you?"
T. Absolute shitposter

hit me with more truthbombs

i pretty much left when moot did but i've been coming back recently because i have some more free time and it's interesting to see how things have changed

>back in the day
fr